Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - August 2009

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
No brainer there Milotic and Registeel really high on the ladder because Milotic / Registeel core is standard in this metagame, glad to see them share the top 3.

Quite surprised with Ninjask outleading Roserade to be honest in OU.

Hmm...

UU Usage
9 | Honchkrow | 12084 | 13.04

UU Lead
8 | Honchkrow | 2399 | 2.59

1 in 5 Honchkrow are leads, and Honchkrow is the #8 lead. I heard that LeadKrow was bad...
Its because of Uxie leads.

Well anyways thanks for the stats dug..!

To the people surprised at Ninjask's usage: if you watch random battles and catch the beginning of the match, Ninjask will show up on your screen fairly often.

The Smog article analyzing the UU metagame mentions Tauros alongside Kangaskhan (who sits at 34th) as an up and coming Normal-type UU threat, and yet it is 69th on the ladder.

Max attack Adamant Life Orb Earthquake from Rhyperior vs. max defense / HP Milotic: 52.03% - 61.68%

Max attack Adamant Choice Banded EQ from Rhyperior vs. same Milotic: 60.15% - 71.07%

Min SpA (236) Surf from same Milotic vs. min HP / SpDef Rhyperior: 133.42% - 157.68%
with Sandstorm: 88.14% - 105.12%

So even in sandstorm, Rhyperior dies to Milotic no matter what from Surf after Life Orb recoil. Rhyperior will also never outspeed. The only notable thing here is that Choice Band Rhyperior can take out Milotic switching in, guaranteeing a 2HKO even with Leftovers and possibly surviving a Surf in Sandstorm. However, that means Hippopotas must be used, and everyone knows that Hippowdon's pre-evo is horrible.

Rhyperior isn't as scary as people may expect in UU. +10 base points in HP, Attack, and Defense, and Solid Rock over Rhydon don't go very far in adding to Rhyperior's survivability. Rock Polish sets reach 358 speed with Adamant and 392 with Jolly. 358 still loses to base 115's and above, and Jolly loses on a significant 37 attack points.

thanks doug!

wow Azelf really took the lead lead away from Metagross
and Swampert lead usage fell nearly 1%... makes me reconsider using expert belt over focus sash on my lead azelf =/

Azakazam, PZ, and Rhyperior in UU haha *insert maniacal laughter smily) looks like BL is gonna get some new additions xD
and roserade went up .8% o.O pfft OWNT UU

Heatran took #3 from Gyarados
Metagross is 5 and rotom usage dropped o.O

| Azelf | Item | Other (6) | < 9.5 || Azelf | Move | Flamethrower | 37.2 |
| Azelf | Move | Taunt | 30.2 |
| Azelf | Move | Grass Knot | 18.2 |
| Azelf | Move | U-turn | 14.8 || Azelf | Nature | Naive | 51.6 |
| Azelf | HP EV | Very Low (<50) | 3.9 |
| Azelf | Speed EV | Max | 89.3 |
| Azelf | SpAttack EV | Other (4) | < 5.0 |
ROFL@my Azelf

| Skarmory | Item | Leftovers | 58.9 |
| Skarmory | Item | Shed Shell | 39.1 |
good for me!

| Salamence | Move | Dragon Dance | 45.7 |
| Salamence | Move | Draco Meteor | 43.6 |
mix/DD mence are close :o

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
@ Peach

I agree with this sentiment, this hype is almost the same as Dugtrio's hype as the most common physical wall in this tier will defeat Rhyperior no matter what. Also, this metagame is quite fast pace and its low Speed is going to hinder it alot, mark me on this.

Nas

Banned deucer.
Rhyperior in UU is a scary thought, as there is nothing that can take two CB'd hits from it and live to tell the tale. (except for donphan, who has no recovery) Milotic will probably end up on every team, Slowbro being outsped and weak to Megahorn.

Rhyperior in UU is a scary thought, as there is nothing that can take two CB'd hits from it and live to tell the tale. (except for donphan, who has no recovery) Milotic will probably end up on every team, Slowbro being outsped and weak to Megahorn.
That was the hype of it in OU pre DP, the fact that it can 2HKO/OHKO everything with a Choice Band, but it probably won't. Its speed and multiple weaknesses means it probably has to take a hit from the pokemon it wants to come into, meaning its life is usually cut short before it can do significant damage. This is just the nature of slow Choice attackers. There is a also a huge amount of ground immunities and UU and some decent rock resists.

Hmm. Will Porygon2 go to OU or NU first? Only time will tell... and I certainly am very interested in the result.

Oh and Off-topic: I'm a huge idiot. Seriously.

Excellent work Doug, the slight fall of Lucario and Infernape shows that Bulky offense is the most popular battling style at the moment.

29 | Steelix | 6238 | 6.73

That's a pretty big fucking drop. Did Donphan take over Steelix's job?

46 | Weezing | 3812 | 4.11

Weezing doesn't deserve to be this low. I'm sure once the Leafeons and Venusaurs and Torterras start raping he'll come back up.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
What the hell is going on here?

Scizor is pulling away from mence, when I keep thinking the gap will close! Bold prediction, in the next 6 months, mence will take over the #1 slot.

Heatran retakes the #3, the perfect glue and special fire is the best attacking type accoridng to the smog.

Rotom is EVERYWHERE, being at what should be #5. Latias at the actual #5 is actually a very great mon.

Gengar and Blissey both fell A LOT.

I'm very disappointed that my new favorite, mamoswine is sitting so low at #36. Yes, even though I just said rotom was everywhere.

Leadwise, it looks like azelf is pulling away.

Interestingly, while Latias and Rotom-A both saw substantial gains, Tyranitar and Metagross, two common Pursuit users, both fell. This could be a big opprotunity for users of Pursuit, since Pursuit-bait Pokemon are becoming more popular. Hippowdon fell more than half a percentage point, and that means Sand Stall is less common now. Since Abomasnow fell slightly this means Stall is becoming less used overall. Paradoxically, Skarmory usage increased in August. This is likely because of the archived RMTs that were recently posted that involve bulky offense with Spikes support. Those RMTs spurred people (including me) to make similar teams that use the best Spiker, Skarmory. This made Magnezone usage slightly increase, and accordingly, Shed Shell usage on Skarmory took a large jump.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
CB Rhyperior would be a monster in UU, can't see much in that tier taking a hit at all. Oh well, Roserades loss will shake uk UU also, thanks for the stats!

| 52 | Rhyperior | 26449 | 3.14 |
wow,that suprised me abit.rhyperior dropped from lasts months #49 to #52,im also suprised at how latias and rotom-a usage jumped to 5#.

thanks for the stats doug

EDIT:wow,in UU donphan jumped from #44 last month to 4#

quite possibly the biggest jump i ever saw thus far on smogon

i honestly thought that wobb usage was decreasing but i guess not.

nice to see darkrai so high, and although i won't get any credit (who the fuck is ultimifier anyways) i popularized the dark void, sub, nasty plot, dark pulse darkrai set which is going to be the most popular within a couple months as it destroys stall teams and really helps with scouting revenge killers. as of this month, 30.2% of darkrai carry substitute, which is over twice as much as last month.

its not surprising to rayray usage dropping so much either. it was such a potent threat in the past that every team pretty much has 6 checks to it and its usage is REALLY dropping, sinking to a career low 8th place in usage. Expect mixquaza sets to rise in the future as nothing can really switch in safe as fire blast/ draco meteor / earthquake pretty much 2hkos every pokemon in the game.

palkia is also a beast. scarf is the bane of offensive teams (and most offensive teams carry one as well) and mixed/sub sets are the bane of stall teams. As long as you can keep rain going palkia is the Beast of uber teams. Expect palkia and kyogre to stay 1 and 2 for a long time, possibly forever. Scarf sets will become less popular however, as mixed and specs sets will make their way to the top.

have fun with the uber tier peeeps. its really interesting and much, much more fast paced than OU. not many people play, but lets try and increase the battles from 13200 to over 15000 next month!!

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
21 | Empoleon | 12833 | 1.52
Good to see people are catching on to what a great lead empoleon is.

Scizor is pulling away from mence, when I keep thinking the gap will close! Bold prediction, in the next 6 months, mence will take over the #1 slot.
Unless the release of the two new games result into another major shift in the metagame i doubt Scizor will ever lose his current spot.

Scizor can fit in every sort of team, while Mence will rarely be used in stall based teams. Also many people will try to limit their ammount of SR weaks further decreasing it's useage compared to Scizor.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Unless the release of the two new games result into another major shift in the metagame i doubt Scizor will ever lose his current spot.

Scizor can fit in every sort of team, while Mence will rarely be used in stall based teams. Also many people will try to limit their ammount of SR weaks further decreasing it's useage compared to Scizor.
You're right here, though if HG\SS brought a rapid spin tutor, then I'm sure that Salamence would rise in usage.

I can't wait to test Rhyperior in UU, though Alakazam sounds even more appealing to me.

Also:

| Latias | Move | HP-Fire | 9.8 |

Am I the only one who uses HP fire Latias?

As always a great job DJD.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You know, if Roserade leaves UU, I feel that Milotic has a case for being Borderline. I'm not saying that it is, but just that you can certainly make a decent nomination.

Heracross at no. 47, he's getting closer.......

And Alakazam looks interesting. Can't wait to use him in UU :)

About Rhyperior: shut up. Seriously. "Nothing can take a hit!!!!!!!" Have you ever used Rhydon? Rhyperior is that with a little more attack and special defense. They even have the same speed. So let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just a question (this might be a noob question) but why is Charizard's spot on the OU Usage List (60th) higher than its UU usage (63rd).
Because those usages are on different ladders. The OU usage takes into account only its usage on the OU ladder.

| Latias | Move | HP-Fire | 9.8 |

Am I the only one who uses HP fire Latias?
You and me.

Anyways, I'm not sure Alakazam will fair to well in UU with all of the physical priority. I do think he'll make a nice Specs user, though.

Regarding Rhyperior, does anyone else think sand will become more common?

sand *has* gotten a lot more common in the past few weeks. i blame jak3 and superc. i think rhyperior will be hard to fit on a sand team without creating too many weakenesses to grass, water, and fighting attackers -- they are already hard-pressed to find answers to those while running a mostly useless hippopotas (he has a few niches that he excels at, but countering azumarill is not one of them).

Thanks a lot Doug! I was waiting for these every day.

Anyway, I am a bit surprised that both Garchomp's and Lugia's usage has been dropped a lot.

I also agree with scofield that Salamence will be the #1 OU unless Garchomp or Latios come in OU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)