Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Is there any section like a resource post that shows every OU/UU mon per type? I'll make a brief example for just the Fire type. It would be used to help teambuilding so you can take an overall glance at OU/UU offensive threats by type (only offense/balance, not full walls).
Each tier has a role compendium resource showing what roles each mon on the tier has. They're not separated by type. And I think it's unlikely there would be a list with mons from OU AND UU, as it would be just too extensive and have too much unnecessary information all compiled in the same list. But you can present this ideia to the OU/UU tier leaders.

Has there been any serious consideration given to reverting to the old tiering cutoff? I understand the reasoning behind the original decision though the impact on power creep is noticeable. Just wondering if any consideration has been given or if yall are firm in wanting to maintain it.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Has there been any serious consideration given to reverting to the old tiering cutoff? I understand the reasoning behind the original decision though the impact on power creep is noticeable. Just wondering if any consideration has been given or if yall are firm in wanting to maintain it.
IIRC there have been a few Policy Review threads about it, but for the whole of Smogon the power creep is pretty healthy. Lower tiers have many more tools at their disposal with around the same number of Pokémon as last gen, which is excellent, and OU is still doing fine. It’s a reasonable change given the larger roster of Pokémon, as the old cutoff was created when there were much fewer of them. Importantly, it also stops Pokémon languishing at the bottom of tiers where they’re not viable (much more so than before, anyway) which advantages everyone.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
Where do I go to get forward facing transparency from the moderator team and their decisions?
IIRC you need a badge for this type of thing. As a normal user, trusted or not we are unable to be filled on why Staff makes decisions. Mod transparency is not really a concern for those who are not badged as they are not necessarily contributed users. If mod decisions were made outright and there was information given for every decision there is bound to be someone who complains.

I personally can understand why there is no transparency for these things, however, I do not condone this. It's unfortunate this is the way things are but we cannot do anything about it.

In the forums, I've seen some people with their name crossed out and instead of a normal signature the words "Banned Deucer" is there instead. What does that mean? I can assume they did something wrong but that's about it.

In the forums, I've seen some people with their name crossed out and instead of a normal signature the words "Banned Deucer" is there instead. What does that mean? I can assume they did something wrong but that's about it.
This means they are currently banned from the forums.

Hey guys, I'm new the Smogon site, and I filed a lost password ticket for a showdown account, and i can't find it again. Can you help me find it?

Edit: The name is Bloomer28

Reactions: gum
I have a question about Ubers (and other metagames that allow Zacian and Zamazenta).

Why does it show which form they are ("crowned" or other item) from team preview? On the switch the same sprite is shown at preview regardless.
If I am not mistaken, other similar cases, such as the primals, have always been treated the same way as in the actual game.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, I've been playing showdown for awhile now but only registered here to make a small suggestion :)

we have blitz mode, but I think it would be good to have the reverse: a slow mode, if you will.
I LOVE pokemon, and i am autistic. I don't fault people for wanting to get through a battle quickly, but I also would like to be able to play at my own pace sometimes. while most of the time i can keep up just fine, sometimes I am feeling a little slow but still want to play. an alternate meta for people who just want a casual game and don't mind taking a little longer on turns. this isn't just for autistic people, plenty of other people would use it for a variety of reasons, but it would be a way to make the game more accessible especially considering how much of the pokemon community IS autistic :)

thanks for considering my suggestion! :poochyena:

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
Hi, I've been playing showdown for awhile now but only registered here to make a small suggestion :)

we have blitz mode, but I think it would be good to have the reverse: a slow mode, if you will.
I LOVE pokemon, and i am autistic. I don't fault people for wanting to get through a battle quickly, but I also would like to be able to play at my own pace sometimes. while most of the time i can keep up just fine, sometimes I am feeling a little slow but still want to play. an alternate meta for people who just want a casual game and don't mind taking a little longer on turns. this isn't just for autistic people, plenty of other people would use it for a variety of reasons, but it would be a way to make the game more accessible especially considering how much of the pokemon community IS autistic :)

thanks for considering my suggestion! :poochyena:
you should be able to play with the timer turned off, which would give you unlimited time per turn.

After my previous post where I explained how my teams simply disappeared off the desktop app version of Pokemon Showdown I got the response "The desktop app has issues with storing teams." As if I should have known this despite the fact that there is nothing to suggest this on the app. I would suggest making this clear with a simply text warning or something in the app itself probably in the teambuilder section to avoid people having the same problem.
Thanks

Hi, idk if this is the place to ask this but

I changed my name not too long ago, and when I got to my account it says " Your full account details are not currently editable. "

I was just wondering when will that change

Reactions: gum
Confused about the chess room,

I wanna find out where this chess room is because it seems fun, but literally NO ONE wants to tell me where this is, if it's on teh discord, the main site, something different, I don't know. Could you please clarify where the room is?

I was thinking of opening a new gmail account where I can do everything I do related to pokemon (share spreadsheets, make questionnaires, recieve notifications for tournaments) without revealing my personal info. Could I transfer this account to the new email? I understand that one person should not have two Smogon accounts so I was wondering how I might go about this.

I don't have badges or anything so I am not losing anything extremely important. But would my tournament history on this server be completely erased?

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I was thinking of opening a new gmail account where I can do everything I do related to pokemon (share spreadsheets, make questionnaires, recieve notifications for tournaments) without revealing my personal info. Could I transfer this account to the new email? I understand that one person should not have two Smogon accounts so I was wondering how I might go about this.

I don't have badges or anything so I am not losing anything extremely important. But would my tournament history on this server be completely erased?
You can simply change your account's current email to your new pokemon-only email. It's in Account Details.

I'm struggling to find a lot of basic answers to basic questions anywhere across all forums (including mechanics forum). I'm not saying the answers don't exist, but it would be nice to have them all in one clear place:
What are the unaltered success rate mechanics for the below actions?
  • 2-to-5-hit move to hit 3, 4, and 5 times
  • Paralyzed Pokémon to be fully paralyzed (unable to move)
  • Confused Pokémon to break out of confusion
  • Confused Pokémon to damage themselves
  • Frozen Pokémon to thaw
  • Partial trap to last 5 turns
  • Infatuated Pokémon to be unable to move
  • Outrage/Thrash/Petal Dance to last 3 turns
  • Taunt to last 3 and 4 turns (before Gen 5)
  • Ordinary attack to land a critical hit
  • High crit-rate move to land a critical hit
  • 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt to land a critical hit
  • Critical hit ratio for each increased crit rate stage
Yes, I checked the mechanics forum.

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I'm struggling to find a lot of basic answers to basic questions anywhere across all forums (including mechanics forum). I'm not saying the answers don't exist, but it would be nice to have them all in one clear place:
What are the unaltered success rate mechanics for the below actions?
  • 2-to-5-hit move to hit 3, 4, and 5 times
  • Paralyzed Pokémon to be fully paralyzed (unable to move)
  • Confused Pokémon to break out of confusion
  • Confused Pokémon to damage themselves
  • Frozen Pokémon to thaw
  • Partial trap to last 5 turns
  • Infatuated Pokémon to be unable to move
  • Outrage/Thrash/Petal Dance to last 3 turns
  • Taunt to last 3 and 4 turns (before Gen 5)
  • Ordinary attack to land a critical hit
  • High crit-rate move to land a critical hit
  • 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt to land a critical hit
  • Critical hit ratio for each increased crit rate stage
Yes, I checked the mechanics forum.
Pretty sure on these with the exception of taunt turn weighting in gen 4 - I think it's equal for every duration but it may not be. In order:
  • as of gen 5, 1/3 for 2 hits, 1/3 for 3 hits, 1/6 for 4 hits, 1/6 for 5 hits
  • 1/4
  • confusion is selected to last for 2-5 turns when the status is inflicted with an equal chance for each duration
  • as of gen 7, 1/3
  • as of gen 3, 1/5 (outside moves that thaw)
  • as of gen 5, 1/2
  • 1/2
  • 1/2
  • in gen 3, always lasts 2 turns. In gen 4, 1/3 for each duration from 3-5 turns*
  • as of gen 7, 1/24
  • 1/8
  • 1/2
  • as of gen 7, 1/24, 1/8, 1/2, 1/1 for each stage from +0 to +3
Note that fractions given are not always the actual value the game uses, but they're functionally correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 8)