Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

Hi I have a question; does After You affect negative priority moves? Like does After You make something like Whirlwind moves right after the user of After You? Also, are Whirlwind/Roar Spread moves?
I'm not certain of this, but technically speaking After You ignores priority, and the Pokemon selected will move next, so based on that I would say yes.

Whirlwind and Roar are not spread moves as far as I know, you have to actually pick a target to be switched out.

How can I center a spoiler? I'm trying to rebuild my trade thread from another site and it keeps coming out aligned to the left even though I have the entire thing aligned to center. It looks terrible.

I've also tried putting the spoiler itself in center tags, as well as the text inside it. Does it just not work on this forum?

How can I center a spoiler? I'm trying to rebuild my trade thread from another site and it keeps coming out aligned to the left even though I have the entire thing aligned to center. It looks terrible.

I've also tried putting the spoiler itself in center tags, as well as the text inside it. Does it just not work on this forum?
As far as I know, I don't think the coding allows you to change the alignment of the spoiler tags themselves. As you can see, you can do pretty much make everything else including the spoiler title centered. Although your tag itself actually looks a bit shorter than I'm accustomed to (might just be your screen resolution).

hi, i got a question, perhaps someone here knows the answer: if i have an eevee that fulfills the requirements for 3 eeveelutions (e.g. umbreon, leafeon and sylveon) AT ONCE and it gets a lvl-up, to which one will it evolve ?

As far as I know, I don't think the coding allows you to change the alignment of the spoiler tags themselves. As you can see, you can do pretty much make everything else including the spoiler title centered. Although your tag itself actually looks a bit shorter than I'm accustomed to (might just be your screen resolution).
Yeah, I figured. :/ I formatted it the best I could. Thanks!

Subjugator

Banned deucer.
How do you create a personal archive? Like for instance someone would be able to have a "hub" full of links and such to their RMTs, preferrable threads, trading threads, etc. the signature space is generally too small. Thanks! :)

How do you create a personal archive? Like for instance someone would be able to have a "hub" full of links and such to their RMTs, preferrable threads, trading threads, etc. the signature space is generally too small. Thanks! :)
people normally do this using an old post of theirs (an RMT, for example), or by putting it in the information portion of your profile (go to "Personal Details").

Hi, how can one access the stats for specific Pokemon usage (movesets, abilities, etc.)? All I can seem to find are usage stats of only Pokemon (how often they are used in a specific format).

Can someone point me to a resource regarding rules description about forum avatars?
I have looked and can not find one.
I don't think there are any rules regarding avatars other than what applies to just forum presence in general; keep it appropriate. There are kids here

Hi, how can one access the stats for specific Pokemon usage (movesets, abilities, etc.)? All I can seem to find are usage stats of only Pokemon (how often they are used in a specific format).
I don't believe there are any resources like that on Smogon. I would check on Pokemon Showdown for one but I'm not sure.

For every months usage stats there is a folder called moveset, which contains all of that. As an example here is the link for the moveset section for December: http://www.smogon.com/stats/2015-12/moveset/

Welcome to Smogon Simple Questions!

There are a few guidelines for posting in this thread:
  1. Your answers should contain at least a brief explanation, even if it was the simplest of questions.
  2. While answering Yes/No question, please quote the question you're referring to. It gets confusing otherwise.
  3. At least do a simple Google search before asking the question here.
  4. This is already in the Smogon rules, but I will reiterate again: do not discuss ROMs or other illegal things.
  5. Do not ask for Action Replay or other external device codes. Use Google for that.
If you have any general Smogon or competitive Pokemon related questions, feel free to ask them here. If your question relates to base stats, moves, egg moves, or abilities, it's a good idea to check out this, as well as the check out the closed research forum (and a past gens research thread).

We'll do our best to answer any and every question in this thread, but if your question relates to a more specific part of the forums, you'll likely get a much quicker answer there. For your convenience, here's a link to the many other SQSAs for different forums:

If your question pertains to any of those specific areas, please use those SQSAs. If not, then feel free to use this one ^.^

Check the FAQ of Smogon, and see if you can find your answers there!

If you have any suggestions for Smogon here's some of the stuff that's been suggested already:
Can we delete inactive accounts with 0 posts?

We're not deleting inactive accounts because chances are an older user could return and want their account back. The most that'll probably be done is name changes if a user is desperate for the name. But in general a purge is very unlikely in the near future.

Can we enable likes in Smogon conversations?

This feature costs money that we don't have unfortunately. Plus, the admins are programming more important things for the site, too.

Can we have a dropbox to export older teams into?

It's currently not possible for XenForo. You can upload teams to files and then upload them to Dropbox to share with friends, but XenForo does not support this.

Can we add Tapatalk, or some other way to view Smogon better on the mobile?

chaos is currently too busy to be able to have the time to implement something like that. You can try to make something for us though!

Can we have a darker Smogon theme?

NMx13 designed one. This thread has instructions (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-dark-skin.3502839/) to add it in.

Can the search function look for three letter words?

Unfortunately not, but you can try to search on Google.

Can we have clans?

It's generally accepted that we won't have clans anytime in the future.

Can we have a ROM hacking forum?

We wouldn't get enough activity to really need a forum, as everyone goes to the other ROM hacking forums already and we'd have nothing new to offer.

Can we edit options in a poll?

Nope, Xenforo doesn't support that unfortunately!

Will we ever change the logo?

Nope, Smogon means Koffing in German, so unless we change the name there's... not really a point.

If you have a different suggestion, PM one of the admins your suggestion and don't post it here, thanks!
Hey I am new to posting in forums so I don't know if I am doing it correctly. This is my first post. I have a few questions (that might be dumb). 1. I want to get friend codes for competitive OU battles, but I don't know how to put my friend code under my name - so how do I do that? 2. When I reply to a thread do I just leave the whole thing above or am I supposed to delete that? (I know if I reply to a person I am supposed to leave it so it won't get confusing) 3. How do I PM someone (or a moderator? 4. I have heard of a Smogon Wifi Battle Finder... does that really exist or do people just copy each others FC and PM each other for a battle? Sorry if these are dumb questions but there is an overwhelming amount of information on this website. I read the FAQs and beginners stuff but wanted to know these answers before posting (and possibly doing it wrong). I will do my introduction (in the intro thread) after receiving a reply here. Thank you for your time.
-Onehandedclapper

Hey I am new to posting in forums so I don't know if I am doing it correctly. This is my first post. I have a few questions (that might be dumb). 1. I want to get friend codes for competitive OU battles, but I don't know how to put my friend code under my name - so how do I do that? 2. When I reply to a thread do I just leave the whole thing above or am I supposed to delete that? (I know if I reply to a person I am supposed to leave it so it won't get confusing) 3. How do I PM someone (or a moderator? 4. I have heard of a Smogon Wifi Battle Finder... does that really exist or do people just copy each others FC and PM each other for a battle? Sorry if these are dumb questions but there is an overwhelming amount of information on this website. I read the FAQs and beginners stuff but wanted to know these answers before posting (and possibly doing it wrong). I will do my introduction (in the intro thread) after receiving a reply here. Thank you for your time.
-Onehandedclapper
Hello and welcome to Smogon Onehandedclapper! I can answer all of your questions except the fourth one because I honestly don't know. To your first question, go to your friends list on your 3ds and go to your Mii on there and it'll show your friend code. Next, when repling to a thread, usually you don't press the reply button as that copies everything on that thread and puts it into your comment. Usually you just say what you wanna say in the reply section unless you are repling to a specific message or part of the thread. Third, to PM somebody, you press on their name, then press the "Start a Conversation" button.

I may just be blind but upon clicking on my name in the top right corner, the option for signature does not appear, and when i go directly to the profile page there is no option to input a signature there was well.
Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

I may just be blind but upon clicking on my name in the top right corner, the option for signature does not appear, and when i go directly to the profile page there is no option to input a signature there was well.
Does anyone know how this can be fixed?
I had that same problem, but when I went on mobile it appeared. It is between personal details and contact details. Just check again and hopefully it shows up.

On your profile go to signature and put your friendcode there

Never leave the whole thing above

Click start a conversation

The battle finder existed in early gen 5, doesnt anymore

Enjoy smogon :toast:
Thanks a lot. It worked!

Hello and welcome to Smogon Onehandedclapper! I can answer all of your questions except the fourth one because I honestly don't know. To your first question, go to your friends list on your 3ds and go to your Mii on there and it'll show your friend code. Next, when repling to a thread, usually you don't press the reply button as that copies everything on that thread and puts it into your comment. Usually you just say what you wanna say in the reply section unless you are repling to a specific message or part of the thread. Third, to PM somebody, you press on their name, then press the "Start a Conversation" button.
Thanks for the info. Helps a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone point me towards some Smogon articles that show me how to put together a team. Im looking for something very basic on how to create a competitive team for RU and/or UU. tthank you!

Not exactly game related, but I noticed that for some reason I was blocked from doing anything on the smogon facebook page, even though I haven't done anything to it to get banned. Is there a way I can get this lifted?

after years of playing when I was young but never using the wifi part of pokemon, how do I find people to add to trade with? (guessing this is possibly the right place) and how do I add them? I've seen some sort of code going round, where would I add that?
Know this is mega basic to all of you but I couldn't find a google answer to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)