Playoffs Smogon Tour - Season 10 Finals! [Won by Delta 2777]

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Grats Delta! I knew you could do it. Good job to Bluewind also for putting on a tough fight (sans the hax).

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
Well, first off I want to thank everyone that supported me through this, and everyone who has congratulated me. I just wanted to start off by getting the elephant out of the room by addressing the RNG in our matches - I'm not going to act like it didn't matter (well, most of it anyway). I can't tell all of you how much I hate hax of all sorts, as countless tournament and ladder experiences can tell you. Now, the hax (in all three tiers) would have definitely changed how the course of the match played out; whether or not it would have turned a win into a loss or vice versa can be the assumption of whoever wants to read the logs. Regardless, I'm sorry it had to happen like that Bluewind, and I'd just like to say thanks for being an awesome guy and sport in general - if I had lost, I can honestly say there's nobody else I'd be more ok with losing to in the finals.

Now I'd like to thank a few people. First of all, my largest gratitude goes out to all of my supporters over at CAL (Crazy Amazing League), particularly, Buzz (Firesong), Heist, Apologies, Elevator Music, El Blecko (Eet), Rhinosaur, Izzy (Windsong), Ciele, Ace., Legendary_07, and the countless others I've certainly forgotten. And of course there are other non-CAL people such as PttP, fohg, Folgorio, Iconic, Eaglesrock, Ironbullet93, and ENZ0, since they're all pretty much my closest smogfriends. (also thanks to all those at TeamUber because there's too many of you!).

<iconic>: if you win
<iconic>: you have to post
<iconic>: THANK YOU TO ICONIC
<iconic>: MY LOVE OF MY LIFE
<iconic>: MY UNSHAKEABLE FOUNDATION
<Delta2777>: o_k
<iconic>: MY IRREPLACEABLE GENTLEMANLY LOVER

And of course I have to thank Iconic for helping me test teams and whatnot!

Overall the tour has been a nice experience - Pokemon has probably taken decades off of my life, but hey, despite all the rage and whatnot, I keep coming back. Thanks again to everyone who made this possible for me.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK! Forgot about this. Congrats Delta!

Edit: Congrats to Bluewind as well. Even though I missed th live battles, you've definitely demonstrated your battling skill throughout this entire tour. You should be very proud of yourself. There's always next year. ;) Also, so what if it's pokemon, it's a hobby and you're damn good lol, be damn proud! =)

cue the music he's thanking too many people

grats delta 2777. i may add 4 numbers to the end of my name it seems to make the user very strong.
Fuck, it's catching on...

Congrats Delta.

Bluewind, don't lose too much sleep over this. I think you've proven to this community that you're a top tier battler. You definitely won my respect.

Fuck, it's catching on...

Congrats Delta.

Bluewind, don't lose too much sleep over this. I think you've proven to this community that you're a top tier battler. You definitely won my respect.
Anyone getting this far in such a tournament deserves a great amount of respect. Although, I think everyone here should quit pokes and play chess instead: no hax involved XD. Grats to both tbh.

Wow, missed this D: good job to both Delta (for wining, duh) and Bluewind (you made it to the finals, all you missed out on was a trophy)!

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
Congratulations Delta for winning the Smogon Tour. You did a fine job too Bluewind.

After reading all the logs carefully i dont think Hax had such huge impact on the overall outcome as some of you claim.
OU was pretty much a onesided match favoring Bluewind.
Uber was dominated by Delta regardless.
UU was sucky and could have gone either way without the Freeze and Toxic-Miss but who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)