Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: November 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, so this means regular Pinsir and Medicham are OU now? Or just the megas? I know Mega Pinsir was BL I just can't remember Mega Medicham's usage.

Hmm, so this means regular Pinsir and Medicham are OU now? Or just the megas? I know Mega Pinsir was BL I just can't remember Mega Medicham's usage.
Pinsir-Mega and Medicham-Mega had more than 3,41% in OU Usages this month, so they moved from BL to OU.

Then, normal mons must be in the same tier than their Mega if the Mega is not in a Borderline or in Ubers. So Medicham and Pinsir moved to OU.

Pinsir-Mega and Medicham-Mega had more than 3,41% in OU Usages this month, so they moved from BL to OU.

Then, normal mons must be in the same tier than their Mega if the Mega is not in a Borderline or in Ubers. So Medicham and Pinsir moved to OU.
Understood, thank you for the clarification.

Granbul in RU, WHAT? WHY? I mean it was okay at best in NU, but still WHY?

And if some of the guys in charge hate calling PU, well PU, then why not change what is now NU to something like BU (Barely Used) and call what is PU -> NU.

Ping_Pong_Along

Bitches love underscores
Granbul in RU, WHAT? WHY? I mean it was okay at best in NU, but still WHY?
Granbull's great in RU for checking the stupid amount of Fighting types we have, especially Virizion and Scrafty. It's also the only Fairy we have that actually hits hard. It pairs well with the extremely common Mega Steelix + Alomomola core, keeping them from being worn down with status, staying healthy with Wishes, and the combo checks Granbull's common switch ins. A lot of people are moving away from Aromatisse too because it loses momentum and only has room for one attack, making it pretty easy to wall and extremely predictable.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
And if some of the guys in charge hate calling PU, well PU, then why not change what is now NU to something like BU (Barely Used) and call what is PU -> NU.
From the "PU is official now" thread linked in the OP:

- PU will be the name given to the tier for the remainder of this generation. Whether or not we rename it will be a new discussion and decision at the next generation. The name is not up for debate at this time

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK. So we got Zapdos to drop. Time for some more letters over-using the word outclassed!
Dear OU,
Please stop using Sylveon. It is only good on one sub-archetype, and beyond that it is just outclassed by Mega Gardevoir, Mega Altaria and Clefable. Also, please stop using Conkeldurr. It suffers from its bad speed tier and OU becoming Fairy-type: the tier is not good for it. Thank you.

Dear UU,
Please stop using Vaporeon and Milotic. They are outclassed by basically every other Water-type in the tier. Thank you.

Dear RU,
Please stop using Ambipom and Cinccino. They are both completely outclassed as physical attackers and revenge killers by other Pokemon. Also, stop using Typhlosion. It is outclassed as an offensive Fire-type by both Delphox and Houndoom. Also, stop using Trevenant. It is outclassed by other Grass- or Ghost-types in its roles. Thank you.

Dear NU,
Please stop using Muk. It is a shitmon. Also, please stop using Cryogonal. PU needs more Pokemon. Also, stop using Primeape. PU needs more Pokemon. Thank you.

Dear PU,
The quality of your ladder is beyond repair. Too many scrubs using shitmons. I'm sorry for your loss.

sergey

Banned deucer.
Also, please stop using Conkeldurr. It suffers from its bad speed tier and OU becoming Fairy-type: the tier is not good for it. Thank you.
Yeah i dont think you know what youre talking about, fast lo sf conk is really anti meta right now and works very well in destroying the common ferro/hippo/clef cores and generally punhing holes in almost all non sableye balance builds, its not outclased at all lol

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah i dont think you know what youre talking about, fast lo sf conk is really anti meta right now and works very well in destroying the common ferro/hippo/clef cores and generally punhing holes in almost all non sableye balance builds, its not outclased at all lol
IK S-Force Conk is anti meta. However, it doesn't justify why a C+/B- is still OU by usage .-.

I love using low ranked 'mons (unrankeds are bae), but that doesn't give it an excuse.

Anyway it was mainly a joke post taking a jab at low ladder anyway don't take it overly seriously :]

Granbull moved from NU to RU
Dragalge moved from UU to BL2
Exeggutor moved from NU to PU
Pawniard moved from NU to PU
Abomasnow moved from UU to RU
Gorebyss moved from NU to PU
Slowking moved from UU to RU
Medicham moved from RU to OU
Gothitelle moved from NU to PU
Zapdos moved from OU to UU
Bouffalant moved from NU to PU
Pinsir moved from NU to OU
My thoughts:
Granbull: Poor NU.
Dragalge: Why is nobody using this? It wrecks face in UU!
Exeggutor, Gorebyss, Bouffalant: Yay, PU got some good shit for once!
Gothitelle: lol
Slowking: Meh, I don't care about this thing.
Abomasnow: OK then..........fuck.
Pawniard: OH SHIT!
Zapdos: Happy, Ununhexium?
Pinsir: Oh, god dammit.
Medicham: Oh man, RU is gonna be pissed...

Also, just noticed this:
| 36 | Ambipom | 7.338% |
| 45 | Typhlosion | 5.643% |
| 48 | Cinccino | 5.488% |
| 52 | Trevenant | 4.502% |

WHAT THE FUCK! STAHP!
RU MAD.png

Last edited:
I don't get all of this Slyveon hate. It's not fantastic, but it's not terribad either like Claydol and Hitmontop were in RU. I honestly don't see why it has to drop so bad.
This thread heavily favors the viability rankings to a fault ^_^ Sylveon is such a mon that's more or less outclassed by Mega Gardevoir and Clefable and is considered one of the lesser OU mons as the result. It's certainly not a bad mon and works if you need role compress the roles of Mega Garde and Clef but either one of them are generally the better choice. I'd like to see Sylveon drop but mostly cause I wanna see how strong it would be in UU.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
It isn't clefable and shouldn't try to be. It is a non mega mega gardevoir. Just like how raikou and mega mane are (talking about specs kou not that av garbage). It blasts many sableye stall teams and will be a force to be reckoned with in UU. Basically, bring your mega aggrons and other steels. Now florges will drop to ru, then maybe granbull will return to nu and sawk won't be on every team.

It isn't clefable and shouldn't try to be. It is a non mega mega gardevoir. Just like how raikou and mega mane are (talking about specs kou not that av garbage). It blasts many sableye stall teams and will be a force to be reckoned with in UU. Basically, bring your mega aggrons and other steels. Now florges will drop to ru, then maybe granbull will return to nu and sawk won't be on every team.
Florges wouldn't be in direct competition with Granbull, and Granbull was always one of the lesser used Sawk checks anyway, so it's not like they're going to miss it that much. Garbodor, Weezing, Pelipper, Vileplume etc still exist.

My thoughts:
Granbull: Poor NU.
Dragalge: Why is nobody using this? It wrecks face in UU!
Exeggutor, Gorebyss, Bouffalant: Yay, PU got some good shit for once!
Gothitelle: lol
Slowking: Meh, I don't care about this thing.
Abomasnow: lol
Pawniard: OH SHIT!
Zapdos: Happy, Ununhexium?
Pinsir: Oh, god dammit.
Medicham: Oh man, RU is gonna be pissed...

Also, just noticed this:
| 36 | Ambipom | 7.338% |
| 45 | Typhlosion | 5.643% |
| 48 | Cinccino | 5.488% |
| 52 | Trevenant | 4.502% |

WHAT THE FUCK! STAHP!View attachment 52446
Ambipom's usage actually went UP from last month.

I feel like going to RU spectator mode and just shouting, "STOP USING AMBIPOM" over and over.

Everyone is talking about Ambipom that should drop, so what im wondering is why was Ampibom placed in RU at the beginning of XY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)