• Ghost

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • Grass

Votes: 9 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's the kick-off of what will hopefully be a successful venture, the smogon "Create a Pokemon." For the first poll, I've decided to have you all vote on what type our new pokemon will be. I apologize that I could not fit all the types into this one thread (10 options maximum), so find the sister thread here. At this stage of the game, I don't know exactly how much debate is possible, since no one knows what sort of pokemon this will be (I was going to have the "Function" poll be this week, but decided some really creative options could come from, say, a Fire tank or something). Please refrain as much as possible from comments like "fier beatz out watr, so don' vot for watr;)" Things like that aren't very helpful, are they?

DON NOT SUGGEST DUAL TYPES THIS POLL! THERE WILL BE A POLL FOR THAT NEXT TIME! That poll will feature the top three types from this poll. So don't do it. This poll will close in three days.

YOU MAY VOTE IN BOTH POLLS.

So, we're deciding the first type now, then in the next poll deciding on a possible complimentary type?

Yes. Let's say that Fire, Water, and Grass are the three most popular types from this poll (lol). Next poll, the four options would be

Fire/Water
Fire/Grass
Water/Grass
I don't want a dual type

and that would decide it.

I wasn't intending for you to, but after realizing how that worked, I did. So yeah, it will allow for more opinions without skewing the results.

I voted Fire because of Gamefreaks neglect for them. Seriously, we got three new Fire-types this gen, and one was a starter, and one was an evolution of an old Poke. And the third one was a legendary. Not to mention third-gen only had three new Fires as well, one of which was a starter. I know Fire is a bad defensive-type, but I'm sure we could pair it up with something to balance it out a little. Or give it Levitate :D

True, but...
- Infernape is a highly used OU
- Same applies to Heatran, which can also be use to switch into Fire attacks and WoW
- Magmortar's decent. Probably the weakest of the three, but it packs a nice Special punch.

I just like to ramble...

That'd sort of violate the unspoken code of not extending an evolution past a third stage (not including branch off evolutions like Gallade, Slowking, Mothim, and so on).

Ghosts and Dragons don't need a decent Pokemon anymore (Ghost has Gengar, Mismagius, Dusnoir and Froslass). Bug, however badly needs something good.

Voted Bug...I'd like to see it paired with a unique secondary typing.
Although Electric would be interesting as well, IMO.

Bug needs somoething good?

I've lost to mono-bug teams consistently before. Heracross, Forretress, Scizor, Yanmega... Ever face quick-attack technician swords dance life orb root Scizor? (Both forretress and scizor can switch into SR btw)

Nonetheless, I want a new bug pokemon. Lol.

I meant bug needs it more badly, than ghost or dragon (that's because bugs are badass). Really, 90% if all bugs get hosed by SR and the all too common Stone Edge/Fire Blast.

Ghosts are weak to:
-Ghost
-Dark

Aside from Pursiut and the all too predictable Shadow Ball, you can freely switch in and do some perish trapping/special sweeping.

That'd sort of violate the unspoken code of not extending an evolution past a third stage.
I alway though it was more of Gamefreak could have do it but knew their fandom wouldn't be pleased by it so they decided not to do it. It's like evolution method and how they could have just said "fuck these new evolution items" and let them evolve by lvling up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)