Pet Mod Solomods Megathread

Now that you can own more than 1 Solomod, I'd like to introduce my second one...

Roulettemons: The Solomod

(Note: This mod doesn't feature Baloon or Albatrygon, I just wanted to show them as funny little icons)
Welcome to Roulettemons: The Solomod! Don't worry, I got permission from DuoM2 to make this. Credit to him! Anyways, this is literally Roulettemons, but a solomod, but also aims to take a lower-tier approach, sort of like how Clean Slate Micro did (which is also why this has 20 mons lol.) This is why not too many of the stats reach 150 or greater, and this was only broken by Glasyte, Megalo (Yes that is an actual Pokemon name, look at the spreadsheet,) Oysteat, Skelehawk, Pandaid and Autoad. Another thing I changed in this solomod is Gen 8 Mechanics only (Sorry if this change seems unfair.) This means no Z-Moves or Megas, and no items that aren't in Gen 8. However, past gen moves are still given to Pokemon. With that out of the way, enjoy the mod!

SPREADSHEET:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17dEWoC2AQdke-wx_nu0DS1AY3M9LzMq9uh3r4HTHr0U/edit?usp=sharing

This mod is also playable on Dragon Heaven!

second solomod woo

Name of Mod: Yoshiblaze's Greatest Hits
Mascot (Optional): :hitmonlee:
Link to Changes: Spreadsheet
Summary of the Mod: In a style similar to Multiverse, I adapted nearly every single Pokemon I've ever gotten into a Pet Mod going back to Gen 6 to create a 111 Pokemon "micrometa". Each Pokemon in the metagame simply represents a Pokemon I've gotten into a Pet Mod, usually being the same species (ex: Hitmonlee is based on Gen 3 Hoenn Gaiden's Hitmonlee), but sometimes as a different species (ex: Seviper represents Arbok from Gen 7's Type Optimisation because there's another Arbok in the mod). Galar Dex-based with 4 signature Z-Moves allowed.
Competitive Overview (Optional): In the initial stages, I expect the metagame to have a very uneven power balance, since all of these Pokemon come from very different metagames and some went through more changes than others. Thus, for now, I'll put down the things that I think might be broken + Hitmonlee since it's the mascot
:sm/hitmonlee:
Hitmonlee (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
Abilities: Limber / Magic Guard
Stats: 50 / 120 / 53 / 25 / 110 / 97
Based on: [Gen 3] Hoenn Gaiden - Hitmonlee
I'll start with Hitmonlee because it's based on probably my favorite creation from any Pet Mod, being Hoenn Gaiden Hitmonlee. There, it abuses Magic Guard in a Spikes and sand heavy metagame to spam drawbackless High Jump Kicks. Here, it gets to do the same thing but way better thanks to HJK's power buff, better coverage moves in Knock, Sucker Punch, and Poison Jab, and Life Orb existing now, making it one scary wallbreaker

:sm/lurantis:
Lurantis @ Power Herb
Ability: Contrary
Jolly Nature
- Chloroscythe
- Leaf Blade
- Superpower
- Roost
Abilities: Contrary
Stats: 70 / 115 / 100 / 80 / 100 / 75
New Moves: Chloroscythe (90 BP Physical Grass-type Meteor Beam, lowers your Attack on both the charge and attacking turn), Roost, Stun Spore
Based On: [Gen 7] All the Aces - Lurantis-EX
This probably broken, but if people play this meta, I just know someone's losing to this one day lmao. Power Herb Chloroscythe gives you +2 Attack when it's over, then you chain more boosts with Superpower and go to town thanks to its good bulk and now usable Speed tier. Could maybe even slot in Stun Spore to get the jump on things, but you should probably just run Webs or paralysis support with it

:sm/monferno:
Monferno @ Life Orb
Ability: Sensei
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge
- Power-Up Punch
- Gunk Shot
Abilities: Sensei (All of this Pokemon's moves have the power of its strongest move. Doesn't effect priority moves or multi-hit moves)
Stats: 64 / 78 / 52 / 78 / 52 / 81
New Moves: Zen Headbutt, Moonblast
Based On: [Gen 7] Marshadow & Lucario: Superstar Saga - Monferno + Musharna Pair
Based on the similar ability with the same name from the original Fusion Evolution, M&L Monferno probably has the single most broken ability in the mod with Sensei. However, it has Monferno's stats, it shouldn't be super scary as long as you don't let it snowball with Flame Charge and PUP boosts. Definitely a gimmick you could lose to, though.

:sm/hoopa-unbound:
Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Trick
Typing: Ghost/Fairy
Abilities: Prankster
Stats: 110 / 150 / 60 / 160 / 120 / 80
New Moves: Heavy Slam, Flash Cannon, Iron Defense, Iron Head, Charm, Moonblast, Play Rough, Sandstorm, Ancient Power, Wish (Dark Pulse, Knock Off, Thief, Throat Chop, Psyshock, Quash removed)
Based On: [Gen 8] Regional Variants - Hoennian Hoopa-Unbound
This is Hoopa-U, but with better bulk, a much better typing overall, and Prankster Trick to mess up walls. At the very least, it's weaker than base Hoopa-U and has a poor Speed tier for the meta, but it's a bit spooky. Though, if a mon literally based on The Genie from Aladdin ends up dominating the meta, I wouldn't be mad.

:sm/delibird:
Delibird @ Life Orb
Ability: Santa's Secret
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- U-turn
Abilities: Santa's Secret (If this Pokemon is switched in with this ability, it can Dynamax)
Stats: 65 / 65 / 65 / 65 / 65 / 100
New Moves: U-Turn, Drain Punch, Superpower, Triple Axel, Icicle Crash
Based On: [Gen 8] Double Trouble - Delibird
This is by far the funniest Pokemon in the entire meta. At the time this was subbed to the Doubles-based Double Trouble, Dynamax was still legal in Doubles and I designed Delibird to be a Hustle Dynamax abuser. Thus, I figured it would only be appropriate to allow what what otherwise be the worst Pokemon in the tier to use the most broken mechanic in Pokemon history. This is pretty ironic since like 10% of the mons in this mod come from the mod that had you create GMax forms for stuff but none of them can Dynamax, but just ignore that. It does have horrible stats, a Stealth Rock weakness that may force it into boots, but Dynamax is so broken that's it's still on the watchlist lmao.

:sm/kyurem-black:
Kyurem-Black @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Teravolt
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
Abilities: Teravolt
Stats: 95 / 140 / 70 / 120 / 70 / 95
New Moves: Future Shock (80 BP Physical Ice move, 10% paralysis chance)
Based On: [Gen 8] To The Gigantamax - Gigantamax Kyurem-Black
beatdown and i'm back
This is a significantly nerfed version of KyuB with way less bulk and 30 less Attack, but it does have a real physical Ice move, so you should be weary of it. Future Shock is also the best move name I've created for any mod ever, so I'm glad to have it here.
I might give explanations for these later, but for now I'll dump these not broken but neat things here
:sm/morpeko::sm/morpeko-hangry:
Morpeko @ Leftovers
Ability: Hunger Switch
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aura Wheel
- Knock Off
- Protect
Type: Fairy (Base), Fairy/Dark (Hangry)
Abilities: Hunger Switch
Stats (Base): 75 / 67 / 103 / 67 / 103 / 113
Stats (Hangry): 75 / 103 / 67 / 103 / 67 / 113
New Moves: Aura Wheel (now Fairy in Base form), Swords Dance, Stealth Rock, Play Rough, Superpower, Knock Off, Stuff Cheeks, Recycle
Based On: [Gen 7] The New First Gen - Charmster

:sm/ariados:
Ariados @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Brute Force
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast / Sucker Punch
Abilities: Brute Force (Special moves become Physical)
Stats: 70 / 120 / 110 / 60 / 90 / 50
New Moves: Focus Blast, Sludge Wave, Bug Buzz, Shadow Ball
Based On: [Gen 7] The New First Gen - Mega Ariados

:sm/probopass:
Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Relic Rejuvenation
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Body Press
Typing: Rock/Psychic
Abilities: Sturdy
Stats: 70 / 65 / 154 / 90 / 120 / 30
New Moves: Relic Rejuvenation (Psychic-type Night Shade, Heals the user by 50% of the damage dealt), Psywave, Future Sight, Trick, Body Press
Based On: [Gen 7] Eternal Pokemon - Nosepass-Eternal

:sm/greedent:
Greedent @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stuff Cheeks
- Recycle
- Body Press
Typing: Grass/Ground
Abilities: Cheek Pouch / Gluttony
Stats: 120 / 105 / 95 / 55 / 95 / 20
New Moves: Earth Power, Energy Ball, Bulldoze, Wood Hammer, Curse, Recycle, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch
Based On: [Gen 8] AbNormal - Greedent

:sm/garbodor:
Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate / Gravitas
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Body Press
- Pain Split
Typing: Poison/Psychic
Abilities: Gravitas (Summons Gravity on switch-in) / Levitate / Ice Body
Stats: 80 / 95 / 92 / 50 / 92 / 65
New Moves: Blizzard, Cosmic Power, Cross Poison, Expanding Force, Future Sight, Guard Swap, Gravity, Hail, Heal Block, Ice Beam, Ice Punch, Imprison, Magic Coat, Magic Room, Meditate, Meteor Beam, Meteor Mash, Mist, Power Swap, Psybeam, Psychic Terrain, Psycho Cut, Psyshock, Skill Swap, Speed Swap, Stone Edge, Swift, Telekinesis, Teleport, Trick, Trick Room, Wonder Room, Zen Headbutt, Recover
Based On: [Gen 8] Missing Links - Alolan Garbodor

:sm/arbok:
Arbok @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Coil
- Scale Shot
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
Typing: Poison/Dragon
Abilities: Intimidate / Shed Skin
Stats: 100 / 95 / 69 / 65 / 109 / 81
New Moves: Leech Life, Dragon Rush, Scale Shot, Draco Meteor, Taunt
Based On: [Gen 7/8] SylveMons - Arbok

:sm/incineroar:
Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Heel Heat
- Toxic
- Parting Shot
Abilities: Blaze / Intimidate
Stats: 95 / 90 / 90 / 105 / 90 / 60
New Moves: Heel Heat (Special Fire-type Foul Play), Dragon Claw, Super Fang
Based On: [Gen 3] Hoenn Gaiden - Incineroar

:sm/clefable:
Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
Typing: Normal
Abilities: Magic Guard
Stats: 95 / 90 / 73 / 95 / 100 / 60
Removed Moves: Teleport
Based On: [Gen 8] Multiverse - BW RU Clefable

:sm/delcatty:
Delcatty @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Play Rough
- U-turn
Typing: Fairy/Ice
Abilities: Ice Body / Refrigerate / Wonder Skin
Stats: 80 / 95 / 95 / 70 / 70 / 110
New Moves: Banana Split (Ice-type Dragon Darts), Hail, Aurora Veil, Powder Snow, Freeze-Dry, Ice Shard, Mist, Haze, Moonblast, Psychic, U-Turn, Quick Attack, Skitter Smack, Surf, Sheer Cold, Super Fang, Body Slam, Energy Ball, Seed Bomb,
Based On: [Gen 8] Generation X (Loria) - Glucatty

:sm/skitty:
Skitty @ Bluk Berry / SIlk Scarf
Ability: Normalize
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Berry Bomb / Moonlight / Thunder Wave
- Sucker Punch
Abilities: Normalize (Vanilla effects but Doubles move power instead of 1.2x)
Stats: 90 / 65 / 65 / 55 / 55 / 90
New Moves: Skitter Smack, Berry Bomb (Natural Gift clone), Moonlight
Based On: Solomods Megathread - [Gen 8] PKMN YB v2 - Delcatty
:accelgor::ariados::armaldo::centiskorch::flygon::heracross::kricketune::ledian::masquerain::pinsir::scyther::yanmega:
:accelgor::banette::electivire::houndoom::incineroar::mightyena::morpeko-hangry::noctowl::obstagoon::octillery::skuntank::weavile:
:ampharos::arbok::dracovish::dragapult::kyurem-black::tropius::yanmega:
:ampharos::dedenne::electivire::electrode::flaaffy::goodra::luxio::luxray::rotom-fan::seviper::tapu koko::xurkitree:
:delcatty::furret::gardevoir::hoopa-unbound::indeedee-f::kirlia::mawile::morpeko::morpeko-hangry::primarina::primeape::rapidash::rotom-heat:
:avalugg::floatzel::gallade::heracross::hitmonlee::kirlia::ledian::machamp::magmortar::monferno::oricorio-pom-pom::riolu::tauros:
:archeops::centiskorch::charizard::houndoom::incineroar::krookodile::magmortar::monferno::pyroar::rapidash::rotom-heat::talonflame:
:articuno::charizard::chatot::copperajah::delibird::fearow::noctowl::oricorio-pom-pom::oricorio-sensu::pelipper::pidgeot::talonflame::toucannon::unfezant:
:banette::decidueye::dragapult::fearow::hoopa::hoopa-unbound::oricorio-sensu::polteageist::runerigus::sudowoodo:
:carnivine::cherrim::corsola::decidueye::dedenne::greedent::leafeon::lurantis::mightyena::polteageist::sunflora::swampert::tropius::venusaur::xurkitree:
:flygon::greedent::kangaskhan::pinsir::runerigus::sandslash::zapdos-galar:
:articuno::avalugg::delcatty::delibird::kyurem-black::luxray::tapu koko::vanilluxe::wartortle::weavile:
:castform::clefable::luxio::obstagoon::pidgeot::skitty::tauros:
:arbok::ariados::carnivine::carracosta::garbodor::seviper::skuntank::venusaur:
:alakazam::deoxys::deoxys-attack::deoxys-defense::deoxys-speed::garbodor::indeedee-f::oranguru::probopass::riolu::scyther::slaking::starmie::toucannon:
:archeops::armaldo::carracosta::chatot::corsola::krookodile::probopass::sudowoodo:
:copperajah::gallade::gardevoir::goodra::hoopa::manectric::mawile::pyroar::rotom-fan::sandslash:
:blastoise::dracovish::floatzel::masquerain::octillery::pelipper::primarina::starmie::swampert::wartortle:

This mod is already playable on DH, so I hope you have fun with it!

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Updated this Post for my Solomod Archive, where all the old Mods are linked and some updates on a Future one that will replace Monotyped soon.
Here's a second mod for the time being.

Name: ViZar's Bad Influence
Mascot: :swampert:

Summary of the Mod: This Solomod consists of submission that I made in all PetMods. Going from DLCmons, M4A to Alternatium and Fusion Evolution. There are alterrations of the subs, since I'm not satifsfied with some of them and I wanted to generally buff some Pokemon. Here's the Spreadsheet.

Competitive Overview: The Meta will be pretty unstable since the submissions are from really different power levels, but I try to balance them the best way I can. Currently, There are a lot of Grasses (14,43% of all Pokemon) and Flyers (10,31% of all Pokemon) and a lack of Fighting (2,06%), Fairies and Poisons (3,09%) and no Darks and since there are a lot of high BST Pokemon, this Pokemon will be really limited in the early stages. However, I hope it will be fun still.

Name: Chaos Chaos Chaos
Mascot: :palpitoad:
Legend of Zelda Main Character
Summary: 45 pokemon all thrown together in extreme chaotic nonsense. They were each designed with a role in mind. Most of them were picked from a random pokemon generator but I gave some pokemon specific roles on purpose (cough, eleki, cough). I have no idea is anything is balanced, but that's half the fun. NatDex, Z-moves & Dmax/Gmax aren't allowed, alternate forms work like regular pokemon, arena trap & shadow tag are legal.
Watchlist (expect potential nerf)
:ss/aegislash::ss/carbink::ss/cleffa::ss/rampardos::ss/seel::ss/palpitoad:

Worthless (expect potential buff)
:ss/greedent::ss/regieleki::ss/weedle:

Last edited:
National Dex VGC:

:Charizard Mega-Y: is funny, it OHKO's zacian crowned.

Series 1 Ruleset:
Bans
: Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Jirachi, Arceus, Darkrai, Manaphy, Phione, Shaymin, Genesect, Keldeo, Meloetta, Victin,i Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Marshadow, Magearna, Meltan, Melmeta,l Zeraora, Zarude
Restrictions: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, Zekrome, Kyurem (All formes), Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde (All formes), Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Eternatus, Calyrex (All formes)

Players may have 2 restricted legendary Pokemon in one team.
Z-Moves and Mega Evolution are allowed.
Players select 4 out of their 6 Pokemon to bring into battle.

Clauses:
Item Clause: No two Pokemon may hold the same Item.
Species Clause: A player's team cannot contain two Pokemon with the same National Pokedex number.
Z-Move Clause: Only 1 Z-Move may be used per match.
Level Limit: All Pokemon will be auto-leveled to Lv.50 during battle.

https://discord.gg/mAHSmQx2B6

Last edited:
Name of Mod: IdealDex
Mascot: :togetic:
Link to Changes: PokeDex.xlsx
Summary of the Mod: The IdealDex mod( ID for short), is a mod where the Pokemon world is rebooted in my ideal way (Cyrus/Volo goal XD). The IdealDex mod will have Pokemon changes to their types, evolution, name, form, abilities, moves, items, and mechanics. These changes will be made as progress is made on the IdealDex.
Rules:
  • Pokemon can have only 2 abilities except for mythicals. Mythicals can only have 1 ability.
  • Mythical Pokemon are mostly the box art legendaries and a few other Pokemon that were buffed to Mythical status. Mythical Pokemon will be banned from regular play but legendaries are allowed.
  • New moves are allowed if they have a basis in the game already like turning a gmax move or z-crystal move into a nerfed version of itself like Clangorous Soulblaze to Clangorous Soul.
  • Stat boosts should be limited unless its a change due to the Pokemon becoming part of an evolution line or form.
  • Changing a Pokemon or form to a new Pokemon with name should be limited.
Thank you for reading

Last edited:

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Special Thanks to Sinisterhoodedfigure for approving my usage of his hack
Name of Mod: Emerald Kaizo OU

Links to Changes
Movepools
Move Changes
Stat Changes
Changes to Abilities, Moves, TMs, and Held Items

• Availability Clause: Pokémon unobtainable in Emerald Kaizo before challenging the Elite 4 for the first time are banned.
    Mirage Island Clause: Any Pokémon exclusive to Mirage Island is banned.
    Shadow Tag Clause: Any Pokémon with the ability Shadow Tag is banned.
    For a full list of all legal Pokémon see here. For a full banlist see here.
  • Species Clause: You may only use one Pokémon from each evolutionary family per team.
  • The only moves a Pokémon on your team may learn are those that it can learn in Emerald Kaizo. For a full list of all moves available in Emerald Kaizo see here, for a list of available Move Tutors, TMs, and HMs see here (Tutor, TM, and HM compatibility is identical to vanilla Emerald).
  • Item Clause: Only held Items legally obtainable in Emerald Kaizo may be used. For a full list see here.
  • EV Clause: You may not distribute any EVs among your Pokémon.
  • Sleep Clause: You may only put one enemy Pokémon to sleep at a time.
  • Confusion Clause: The moves Confuse Ray and Swagger are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: The combination of Leppa Berry and the move Recycle is banned.
  • Double KO Clause: In case of ties the following rules are in place:
    • Self-KO Moves (Destiny Bond, Explosion, etc.): Move User loses
    • Offensive Recoil (Double-Edge, Overheat, etc.): Attacking Pokémon wins
    • Defensive Recoil (Rough Skin): Attacking Pokémon loses
    • Passive Damage (Status, Weather, etc): Faster Pokémon loses

Summary of the Mod: This mod is piggybacking off of SinisterHoodedFigures romhack of Emerald Kaizo. This metagame would mirror the in-game pre elite 4 meta of Emerald kaizo which includes certain movepool changes, move effect changes, Gen 3 mechanics, a certain number of TMs with some only available during the post-game. Moreover, there are no boosting moves in the format which heavily affects the roles of certain Pokemon.

Competitive Overview
Emerald Kaizo allows for an incredibly diverse metagame due to the minor balancing that was done to each Pokemon in the game. Some of the major threats in ADV OU will still find their way to viability such as Snorlax, Metagross, and Salamence being threats. Other Pokemon may find viability that they previously have not had such as Wailord, Blaziken, Sceptile, and Tauros to name a few. Certain TMs not being available until post like Ice Beam and Thunderbolt heavily limits the coverage options a Pokemon may have. Certain moves like Water Spout, Overheat, Superpower, and Sky Attack have all been changed to be recoil moves. This allows Pokemon with access to these moves to be pseudo breakers such as Houndoom, Pidgeot, and Poliwrath.

Wailord @ Mystic Water
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Self-Destruct
- Roar
- Hydro Pump

with an extra 20 Base Special attack and 19 Base attack and access to Water Spout Wailord becomes the definition of a tank. Water Spout is a 150 BP recoil move and anything that doesn't resist it gets knocked into next week. However, Wailord has -59 Speed so it gets outpaced by the entire metagame.

Last edited:
Name of Mod: Kantodex
Mascot: :chansey:
Summary: Gen 8 OU with only the original 151 Pokemon, no alt forms, future evolutions. Only things in Gen 8 are allowed, so no Z-Moves or dexited moves, but the dexited mons from the first 151 are allowed.
Competitive Overview: Due to the large amount of good breakers with very little defensive counterplay like Alakazam, Gengar and Machamp the metagame is largely composed of offense. Pokemon like Chansey and Rhydon can provide some much needed defensive backbone, but walling every breaker is impossible so you usually rely on mons that can check many things at once, like Starmie.

https://discord.gg/YAQeMnmcBk

Banned Pokemon
:mewtwo: Mewtwo

Banned Moves
Baton Pass

Banned Abilities
Arena Trap
Sand Veil
Snow Cloak

Banned Items
Quick Claw
King's Rock
Razor Fang

Clauses
Species Clause: two Pokemon with the same national pokedex number cannot be used.
Sleep Clause: If a player has already put a Pokemon on their opponent's side to sleep and it is still sleeping, another one can't be put to sleep.
Evasion Clause: a Pokemon cannot have Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
OHKO Clause: a Pokemon cannot have Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
Dynamax Clause: Pokemon cannot Dynamax.
Endless Battle Clause: players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from ending the game without forfeiting.
Band Snorlax + Scarf Dodrio Balance: :snorlax: :mew: :kingler: :sandslash: :starmie: :dodrio:
Band Scyther + Band Dragonite Offense: :scyther: :zapdos: :sandslash: :dragonite: :machamp: :mew:
S Rank

S
:mew: Mew

A Ranks

A+
:gengar: Gengar
:zapdos: Zapdos

A
:alakazam: Alakazam
:ninetales: Ninetales
:sandslash: Sandslash
:snorlax: Snorlax

A-
:cloyster: Cloyster
:raticate: Raticate
:rhydon: Rhydon
:venusaur: Venusaur

B Ranks

B+
:arcanine: Arcanine
:charizard: Charizard
:dragonite: Dragonite
:kingler: Kingler
:starmie: Starmie

B
:chansey: Chansey
:gyarados: Gyarados
:machamp: Machamp
:magneton: Magneton
:nidoking: Nidoking
:scyther: Scyther

B-
:aerodactyl: Aerodactyl
:clefable: Clefable
:pikachu: Pikachu
:primeape: Primeape
:tauros: Tauros
:venomoth: Venomoth

C Rank

C
:arbok: Arbok
:articuno: Articuno
:dodrio: Dodrio
:butterfree: Butterfree
:electrode: Electrode
:kangaskhan: Kangaskhan
:lapras: Lapras
:marowak: Marowak
:muk: Muk
:pinsir: Pinsir
:tangela: Tangela
/challenge gen8ou @@@ -All Pokemon, +Bulbasaur, +Ivysaur, +Venusaur, +Charmander, +Charmeleon, +Charizard, +Squirtle, +Wartortle, +Blastoise, +Caterpie, +Metapod, +Butterfree, +Weedle, +Kakuna, +Beedrill, +Pidgey, +Pidgeotto, +Pidgeot, +Rattata, +Raticate, +Spearow, +Fearow, +Ekans, +Arbok, +Pikachu, +Raichu, +Sandshrew, +Sandslash, +Nidoran-F, +Nidorina, +Nidoqueen, +Nidoran-M, +Nidorino, +Nidoking, +Clefairy, +Clefable, +Vulpix, +Ninetales, +Jigglypuff, +Wigglytuff, +Zubat, +Golbat, +Oddish, +Gloom, +Vileplume, +Paras, +Parasect, +Venonat, +Venomoth, +Diglett, +Dugtrio, +Meowth, +Persian, +Psyduck, +Golduck, +Mankey, +Primeape, +Growlithe, +Arcanine, +Poliwag, +Poliwhirl, +Poliwrath, +Abra, +Kadabra, +Alakazam,+Machop, +Machoke, +Machamp, +Bellsprout, +Weepinbell, +Victreebel, +Tentacool, +Tentacruel, +Geodude, +Graveler, +Golem, +Ponyta, +Rapidash, +Slowpoke, +Slowbro, +Magnemite, +Magneton, +Farfetch'd, +Doduo, +Dodrio, +Seel, +Dewgong, +Grimer, +Muk, +Shellder, +Cloyster, +Gastly, +Haunter, +Gengar, +Onix, +Drowzee, +Hypno, +Krabby, +Kingler, +Voltorb, +Electrode, +Exeggcute, +Exeggutor, +Cubone, +Marowak, +Hitmonlee, +Hitmonchan, +Lickitung, +Koffing, +Weezing, +Rhyhorn, +Rhydon, +Chansey, +Tangela, +Kangaskhan, +Horsea, +Seadra, +Goldeen, +Seaking, +Staryu, +Starmie, +Mr. Mime, +Scyther, +Jynx, +Electabuzz, +Magmar, +Pinsir, +Tauros, +Magikarp, +Gyarados, +Lapras, +Ditto, +Eevee, +Vaporeon, +Jolteon, +Flareon, +Porygon, +Omanyte, +Omastar, +Kabuto, +Kabutops, +Aerodactyl, +Snorlax, +Articuno, +Zapdos, +Moltres, +Dratini, +Dragonair, +Dragonite, +Mew

Last edited:
Name of Mod: Naturalmons
Mascot: Celebi
Summary: Gen 8 National Dex OU but tms do not exist. Pokemon can only use moves they learn naturally via breeding, level ups, and tutoring.
Competitive Overview: This invalidates alot of pokemon that can no longer use certain moves that define their playstyle, and it allows pokemon from lower tiers to rise up because they have the tools that former OU staples don't.
Banlist: Nat Dex OU's Banlist
Possible Alternate Metas: Naturalmons Ubers
Utility
Entry Hazards:
Spikes: :Deoxys-defense: :Skarmory: :Greninja: | :cloyster: :smeargle:
Stealth Rock: :lycanroc-dusk: :crustle: | :smeargle: :coalossal:
Toxic Spikes: :Drapion: :toxapex: | :nidoking: :smeargle:
Sticky Web: :shuckle: :slurpuff: :ribombee: :araquanid: :orbeetle: | :smeargle: :galvantula: :vikavolt:

Hazard Control:
Rapid Spin: :starmie: :mr rime: :avalugg: :tsareena: | :torkoal: :claydol: :coalossal:
Defog: :weezing-galar: :mandibuzz: :tapu fini: :scizor: :corviknight: :moltres:
Magic Bounce: :sableye-mega: :absol-mega: :hatterene:

Offensive Roles
Wallbreakers:
Physical: :mawile-mega: :tyranitar-mega: :tyranitar: :aegislash: :charizard-mega x: :melmetal: :heracross-mega: :urshifu-rapid strike:| :kartana: :rillaboom: :gallade-mega:
Special: :volcarona: :hoopa-unbound: (disclaimer: im sure there are more special wallbreakers, ive just checked the wallbreakers on the national dex ou role compendium and seen if they were still good in this ruleset, and didn't feel like combing through the pokedex to find other special wallbreakers).)

Mixed: :greninja-ash: :hoopa-unbound:

Choice Item Users:
Choice Band:: :tyranitar-mega: :tyranitar: :urshifu-rapid strike: :aegislash: :victini: :melmetal: :hoopa-unbound: | :rillaboom:
Choice Specs: :hoopa-unbound:
Choice Scarf: :ditto: :victini: :kartana:

Setup Sweepers:
Bulk Up: :urshifu-rapid strike: :grimmsnarl:
Curse: :steelix:

Last edited:
Name of Mod: [Gen3] Inverse Split
Mascot :gengar:
Link to Changes: Link
Summary of the Mod: This Solomod aims to inverse the physical/special split of gen 3. This means types such as normal, fighting, and ground become special and the eeveelution types+dragon become physical. My thought process when making this was "How can I alter one of the mechanics of gen 3 to drastically change the meta?". This ended up being the result. With this change pokemon like gengar gain access to their stab moves and certain types either get majorly nerfed i.e fighting types or majorly buffed i.e dark types. Some sample sets demonstrate the changes effect below.
Competitive Overview: With the shift of special and physical attacks certain pokemon that normally wouldnt be considered viable in adv ou start to stand out more as shown below. Some top tier pokemon get even better with these changes as well.
Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Brick Break/Focus Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Explosion
Explanation-With Ghost and Fighting moves becoming special gengar now becomes even more of a threat. It's stab shadow ball now can uses its higher attacking stat to plow through walls even having a chance to lower their spdef. Brick break/Focus punch absolutely destroy gengars main checks such as tyranitar and other dark types. Sludge bomb hits everything else and has a pesky chance to poison. finally explosion while weaker by not taking advantage of the halved defense stat mechanic is still relatively strong off base 130 spatk.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Return/Double edge
- Calm Mind
- Earthquake/Shadow Ball/Brick Break
- Soft-Boiled
Explanation-With most of the fighting types being nerfed to the ground and fighting type coverage in general as well as fighting type moves targeting blissey's huge spdef stat, Blissey has become even more of a threat. With Calm mind, blissey can break through teams with strong coverage such as special earthquake, Shadow ball, and brick break/the more niche focus punch.

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice beam
Explanation-Still a major threat and arguably king of adv, tyranitar trades rock slide for a stab option thats even harder to wall in crunch. Dark is only walled by Dark, Fighting and Steel types and considering most fighting types are now considered unviable and steel types get hit hard physical fire blast from a boosted tyranitar; Tyranitar becomes a scary late game sweeper. With dugtrio now losing the main stab in earthquake that traps tyranitar, Dragon dance and non-dragon drance tyranitars no longer have to worry about being revenge killed by it.

Kingler @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 SpA
- Crabhammer
- Ice Beam
- Swords Dance
- Hidden Power [Electric]
Explanation-While you may not expect Kingler to be in this group of sets it has the tools to be a decent wallbreaker in this meta. Hyper cutter makes it immune to intimidate users like Gyarados and Salamence. With 130 base atk kingler still hits hard even with the sacrifice of some evs for coverage. The inverse split gives it access to the strong STAB in crabhammer and coverage in physical ice beam. Hidden power electric hits the bulky waters of the tier and hp grass is also an niche option to hit swampert although crabhammer covers it well.

Last edited:
Mecherel.png
Shareef.png
Grimgaster.png
Alpuma.png
Apollodon.png

Name of Mod: Patratdex
Mascot: :patrat:
Link to Changes: Here. Includes all legal Pokemon, details of custom elements, and a changelog.
Summary of the Mod: Patratdex Singles is a Gen 8 project headed by myself, with the help of many contributors from GMU's Pokemon club. It's a format consisting of entirely new Pokemon and regional variants with a power level similar to Gen 4 OU/UU or Gen 5 UU/RU, with all the conveniences brought by Sword and Shield (Fairies, Boots, non-permanent weather and so on). It's called the Patratdex because our mascot is a Patrat!
Competitive Overview:
We theorymonned a bunch of sets while making this, and you can view them here. You are welcome to create more sets, and I'd be happy to put them in this document! (Note: you might see quite a few mons with Doubles analyses. That's because if this pet mod succeeds, I'd like to make a "Patratdex Doubles," unless that counts as being the same solomod. You may also note two "box legends" in the repository above; obviously, these mons will be banned.)
Pisiren.png

Pisiren
Water/Fairy

Hydration / Symbiosis
81/120/90/100/107/82 (580 BST)

We agreed that Pisiren is one of the best, if not the best, mons in this format for good reason. With its good offensive stats and excellent typing, Pisiren can run defensive sets from either spectrum, all Choice items, and even a Swords Dance set. We'll keep an eye on it to see if it's too much for the meta, but it's sure to be fun to build with!

Hydrarum.png

Hydrarum
Grass/Poison

Natural Cure / Leaf Guard / Gluttony
115/73/71/101/87/83 (530 BST)

With all-around excellent stats giving it plenty of opportunities to switch in, Hydrarum can spread Sludge Bomb poisons like no tomorrow. It can opt to wall Steels with a physically defensive set with Leech Seed or power through them with Mud Shot, and Leech Seed absorbers do not want to switch into it (not even other Hydrarum, if you're running Psychic). Natural Cure also makes it a phenominal Scald deterrent - a role made common in this meta to balance out the move.

Chipperdee.png

Chipperdee
Flying

Keen Eye / Big Pecks / Thick Fat
151/75/75/55/50/35 (441 BST)

Thanks to the meta's lower power level, Chippderdee can wall physical threats and be far from passive. With investment, STAB Brave Bird + Earthquake makes opposing Steel and Electric-types think twice about switching in. It's also one of the best Defoggers on the meta, sitting on most Ground and Steel-types and blowing away their hazards. Some of Chipperdee's other moves include Heal Bell, Whirlwind and Toxic.

Nomoray.png

Nomoray
Water/Dark

Strong Jaw / Hydration
73/90/75/70/85/107 (500 BST)

Luvdisc may have the same low stats, but its new evolution certainly doesn't! With STAB Crunch and Flip Turn, Nomoray can threaten huge damage on opponents while weaving in and out of battle. Ice Fang and Poison Fang are more straightforward ways to hurt its checks. Choice Band sets can even use Aqua Jet to help with speed control.
Possible Alternative Metas: Singles UU, LC, Ubers, Doubles OU, UU

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
I've been working on this since August 2021, aiming to finally make some sort of mod I'm satisfied with, and I daresay I've done it.

Name of Mod: The RBY Expansion Pak
Mascot: :snorlax:
Link to Changes: Right here! Warning: very extensive!

Summary of the Mod:
This mod aims to add content to RBY that is replicable on cartridge by using what's already there and content from future generations. For example, Lickilicky now exists in the game and scrapped Pokemon are restored. It aims to be realistic to how the game operates in its original form, which should add an element of familiarity that makes it accessible to your average RBYer. Accessibility is key here: this is where your average RBY mod often falls apart. It aims to be playable just like the regular Chromatic generation, with even LCs and NFEs being considered, and some Pokemon being made with lower tiers in mind. Quite literally an Expansion Pak!

Given these premises, this mod presents;
  • Any Pokemon or additional form related to a Pokemon is added to the game, excluding Mega Evolutions due to not being replicable on cartridge. This includes any regional variant, evolution, etc.
    • Eg.
      • Lickilicky evolves from Lickitung, so it now exists in RBY.
      • Hisuian Arcanine was added in PLA, so it now exists in RBY.
      • Omega was cut, so it's given some PvK magic to exist in RBY.
    • My divine accord decides Special stats, making educated guesses based on generation progression.
    • If a Pokemon received stat buffs at some point, they are reverted to RBY standards; for example, Alolan Raichu has 100 Speed.
    • No, I do not want to add Mega Evolutions. Yes LGPE did the funny itemless thing but RBY did not have a "Mega Evolve" button and I do not intend to add one.
  • Restored cut content, such as scrapped learned moves and Pokemon.
    • Scrapped Pokemon are custom made, tailored towards the mod itself. For example, Omega is a blue-collar Steel-type, and Guardia is a revamped Marowak. Some are competitive, others aren't, such is the reality of adding over 100 new things to use. Names were taken from either Helix Chamber or official sources depending on what was known/available.
    • With regards to moves, for example, Parasect now learns Twineedle, and Muk now learns Surf. A lot of Pokemon also gain Glare. Very interesting stuff that doesn't have a massive impact but should be interesting regardless!
  • Steel, Dark, and Fairy now exist, but with one catch: Steel and Dark use the SpaceWorld '97 GSC type chart rules, which allows the RBY "feel" to be preserved while overall improving the metagame. For more details, view here.
    • To aid in fleshing out these types, moves of these types from future generations with identical RBY effects are imported. For example, Draining Kiss heals 1/2 the damage inflicted, so it's imported. Metal Sound is a special case that re-uses an unused move effect at 0x3D. However, as of now, only new Pokemon get them.
    • Magneton is not made Steel-type to remain consistent with RBY. Moves like Bite are also not updated, as this can have some difficult ramifications.
This is all while keeping the mechanics identical bar the new types! It also ensures that old Pokemon remain in favourable metagame positions. I took care to try and keep the OU metagame similar, but without testing, there's the obvious possibility of me accidentally killing Tauros. Some Pokemon get interesting evolutions (eg. Blissey, Rhyperior) which should help keep them competitive.

Original Pokemon do not have their stats, types, etc changed in any way, they just get moves they learned before restored to their learnsets. Even this is a bit questionable in my eyes. However, given I slapped the game with tons of new threats, it makes sense to try and give them some extra options at the very least. I have considered buffing worse Pokemon but this feels like a red herring with regards to the mod's intentions.

This format has yet to be coded anywhere - I intend to find someone able to do this - and thus would need quite a bit of testing! That's the next phase I intend to arrive at with this mod.

Competitive Overview:
My expectation is that Snorlax and Blissey will remain as very strong metagame contenders; SW97 Dark-type is weak to Normal which buffs Snorlax massively, and Blissey remains the objectively best Special wall. This is desirable: I do aim for something familiar, after all. I think that the new Steel-type will struggle to compete but remain a fair choice; the addition of Fairies definitely helps. Fairy will just...exist, in my mind. I can't really explain much more without repeating "RBY OU familiarity, but still quite different" so I'll spare you your time.

Now I did design a lot of cut Pokemon for this, but I'll only share a few because some of them already have theory'd sets on the spreadsheet that I used for reference when balancing. I strongly recommend you review the spreadsheet, as a year of work went into that and it'll show just how far the theory goes. I also made it pretty!

So here are some examples: a scrapped Pokemon, an evolution to an existing one, and a regional variant.

OmegaFront.png
1654199447333.png

Omega
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Explosion
There are a few ways you could take this one, but this is what I came up with on the fly. You get a really nice Steel-type tank here that I honestly feel Pokemon has never replicated. It's one of the Pokemon on the table for a statistical revamp as I designed it prior to making a firm decision on where to take the type chart, but it's cool, right?

:gs/steelix:
1654199886082.png

Steelix
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Bind
- Explosion
A Pokemon with an excellent track record in the late RBY 251, Steelix becomes a super intriguing Bind Pivot in this mod! Onix is one of those Pokemon many always see as "really cool, but also really bad", and it gets a breath of fresh air with this evolution. Iron Head will certainly be seeing some cheese kills with the paralysis-ridden metagame, but will the set-up be enough? We'll see!

:ss/moltres-galar:
1654200027832.png

Moltres-Galar
- Nasty Plot
- False Surrender
- Double-Edge
- Rest
Ah, but you want to see a regional form, don't you? While weak to Normal with the prototype Dark/Steel in play, Galarian Moltres has some pretty terrifying potential once the top Normal-types are removed. This was partly what led to me actually implementing proto-Dark, as I was firm in my goal and couldn't really find a way to not get this banned. It turns out that Normal resisting Dark is a pretty savage nerf to this bird, giving you the RBY Moltres experience in a new form: desperately trying to kill the resists to try and sweep. When they're not around, it's an absolute demon though, so I expect this to be a very strong Pokemon in the right hands and among the best anti-Psychic tools in the game. I even gave it False Surrender as a pseudo-signature move. Just don't get 2HKOed by Snorlax, man!

On the watch list:
  • Porygon2 and Porygon-Z will probably get banned immediately. They're exceedingly strong and my friends who helped me hammer away at the concept did a ton of math on them. Even if you give them literally nothing, they will wreak havoc.
  • Galarian Moltres could easily become a tier despot if stuff doesn't go my way.
  • Crythian may be overtuned but I took a lot of care in ensuring it loses in various KO ranges.
  • Lickilicky could potentially supercede Snorlax and that is usually a sign something is broken here.
If you're interested, I have a Discord I used as an information repo here, but reworked for some live discussion type stuff; https://discord.gg/JbYhJ2NuPN

I have yet to form a proper council as I'd be out looking for people who look at this and somehow want to optimise it.

Anyway, hope this is enough! Thank you for your time!

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Name of Mod: Doubled Tribute
Mascot: :rillaboom:
Summary: NatDex DOU, with newcomers (actually new evos because Plusle and Minun being a lot stronger without a Mega wouldn’t make sense in canon) and rebalance involved. Mega Evolution, Z-Move and (rebalanced) Dynamax are available, but with Special Clause to only have one of these mechanics per team. Banlist combines aspects NatDex OU and Gen 8 DOU.
Competitive Overview: As it shares several changes from MonoThreat ReBalanced, such as Intinidate failing to work on Pokémon with two meters or higher, Bug being super effective versus Fairy and resist that type, and Shadow Tag only working on opponents who attacked the user. As such, those who might be used to the changes to MTRB will be able to adapt these changes in DT.

As you would expect, Doubled Tribute is meant for a fairly larger variety in Doubles environment, such as increased viability of Pokkémon with less favorable type such as Fighting and Ice, and keeping threats such as Incineroar and Rillaboom in check. Moves like Ally Switch and Abilities like Parental Bond and Shadow Tag will be changed to be less annoying / uncompetitive to deal with.
Spreadsheet: Coming soon!

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Servus! There are a lot of cool Solomods here and I'd like to say something about some of them.

First: There are some Solomods that I'd like to code. I brought this point up in Discord and it aged poorly tbh. However, with me graduating in 3 days (provided I don't fail my last two exams), I will have more time on my hands and thus I'll put it on myself to get some of this nice ideas coded. I have a priority list of some sorts, but I don't want to keep it to myself for now, since I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep it.

Second: Small update on my own Solomods. Roovnen is almost done. I worked a lot on it during my break and it developed much over the last few weeks. I'm too lazy to update the spreadsheet tho and the movesets take a lot of time and nerves to do (two things I don't have atm). My other Solomod is currently in development, but idk how far I wanna go with it, but no matter what I'll do, the learnsets will break my neck, so don't expect it soon.

Third: This is something I won't do often, since I don't want to clutter this thread, but from time to time, I wanna encourage people to give some of the Solomods a try, by giving my impressions/opinions on them. I will do it for one mod today, which is honestly the mod that inspired and is the reason for this whole post, but I will do some more of these "reviews" for other mods.

Without further ado, I'd like to talk about Gen 3 Inverse Split.

I don't know if you can tell, but this Gen 3 based mod switches the Physical/Special split, which essentially changes a fundamental part of pre Gen 4 competitive Pokemon. I didn't realise how big of a change this is before looking at the teambuilder and some movesets, it made me curious on how much the meta changed. I will go over some Pokemon and analyse how this change tweaks on their viability.

:rs/tyranitar:
Special variants got worse. They still pack EQ + Rock Slide but coming from a low attacking stat and lacking a valuable utility move like Pursuit, those sets might be the worst sets it can run. With that out of the way, DD and CB sets are better imo. They can run STAB Crunch and have amazing coverage with Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and the latter sets can utilise Pursuit to its full extend.

:rs/gengar:
I don't hink I need to tell you that Gengar got better. Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb are now Special in addition to Explosion. It looses Giga Drain and Thunderbolt as a option to hit Swampert and Skarmory, but those aren't much of an issue thanks to Will-o-Wisp and Taunt. Blissey got more annoying since Focus Punch got special too and Tyranitar can now run physical Pursuit, however that can be crippled by WoW.

:rs/salamence:
I'm not sure how Mixed sets will do, since there is really no need for EQ or Rock Slide except for hitting Fire-types, but I think that it will stick to its DD, CB and defensive sets. Dragon Claw, Fire Blast and HP Grass have great coverage and lets it hit a lot of Pokemon. Intimidate is now better since it resists more physical moves now.

:rs/celebi:
Tyranitar having physical Pursuit sucks, but I would generally consider Celebi getting better. Calm Mind is now useless on it, however Celebi has Swords Dance and combined with Giga Drain, it is a physical Attacker that doesn't need Hidden Power to hit Swampert and Giga Drain provides a bit of recovery. Of course you can utilise HP Grass and run Baton Pass in the last slot.

:rs/gyarados:
Gyarados has now way better coverage. Previously, it had HP Flying + EQ + Double-Edge, but now it has a better STAB in Hydo Pump or Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Fire Blast. I think that Salamence is better since it's stronger and faster, but Gyarados has good natural coverage and less common weaknesses, so I think it would

:rs/kingdra:
Kingdra is kind of a mix between Salamence and Gyarados. It doesn't pack a Spikes immunity nor Intimidate, but its typing gives it more opportunities to come in and with Dragon being its only weakness, there is no common way to one shot it with most Pokemon. It also has DD Hydro Pump or it can utilise CB on Rain.

:rs/medicham:
Medichams special movepool is better than its physical one. Loosing out on Fake Out or a STAB Focus Punch sucks, but it has STAB Psychic, which is more reliable than High Jump Kick or Focus Punch, and the elemental punches gives it amazing coverage. Bulk Up and CB make it stronger of course. It's still frail and rather slow, but it got better for sure.

:rs/blaziken:
Blaziken was good as a Fire-type that beat Blissey thanks to its Fighting STAB. Now it can beat Blissey with its Fire Blast. Fighting moves are still good for Tyranitar but it will most likely utilise SD HP Grass for that since it also hits Swampert and other Waters. If it wants, it can drop HP Grass for HP Ice, thus loosing out on Swampert and Tyranitar but hitting Salamence, Flygon and still hitting Water-types with Thunder Punch.

:rs/marowak:
Loosing STAB Earthquake blows, but Marowak is one of the Pokemon that as much an amazing special movepool. Thick Club Fire Blast, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam, potentially boosted by Swords Dance, are immensely strong. It still has its issues with low speed and its frailty, plus loosing EQ as a STAB move of all things sucks.

:rs/absol:
Sadly, it doesn't have Pursuit, since that would be the second strongest Pursuit, but don't worry Absol is still good. It competes with Tyranitar since they have the same STAB and coverage and Tyranitar has Pursuit and is a bit stronger. However, Absol has Swords Dance and has better speed, thus allowing it to outrun more Pokemon.

:rs/clefable:
Clefable is a Normal-type from Gen 1, therefore it possess a great special movepool, which can be potentially boosted by Belly Drum and its physical moves aren't useless. CM works well with its physical moves, with Return and Facade being great STABs and Brick Break or Shadow Ball being good coverage.

:rs/sneasel:
Sneasel is fast and decently strong. Ice and Dark being physical now helps it a lot and it has decent coverage with Surf and HP Fire. It's really frail though and a move coming from a 95 base Attack doesn't take anybody's breath away, but I still wanted to mention Sneasel as a Pokemon that improved with the new Physical/Special split.

:rs/kingler:
Here we have the strongest Water-type. It doesn't have Hydro Pump but Surf will do just fine and it goes well alongside Ice Beam, HP Grass and Swords Dance, which makes it a really threatening Wallbreaker. Its physical bulk makes it a decent switch into a lot of Fire Blasts that are potentially boosted by DD or CB.

:rs/crawdaunt:
Same as Kingler, but it is slower and weaker, however it has STAB Crunch and its Dark-type allows it to switch into Tyranitar more easily with both a Crunch and Fire Blast resistance and it gets a free turn on CB Tyranitar which just trapped an ally with Pursuit. I would consider it overall worse than Kingler, but it has a decent niche.

:rs/arcanine:
Arcanine looses CB boosted Extreme Speed, but it will gladly give that up for a CB boosted Fire STAB of choice and Intimidate allows it to check many of the new physical moves. It sadly doesn't have any set-up option but its speed and good offenses allow it to be a potentially threatening offensive Pokemon.
:rs/metagross:
Meteor Mash and Explosion no longer go off its superior attacking stat and no longer CB boosted. They can still be run on Special sets but it's a far cry from its effectiveness on CB sets. Its Special moves aren't bad though, STAB Psychic to go alongside Pursuit, HP Fire and either Thunder Punch or Ice Punch. Still Metagross lost a lot of its effectiveness.

:rs/zapdos:
Electric-types got worse in general since Electric is now physical. Funnily enough Zapdos has the highest Attack stat of any Electric-type and therefore it can run CB with Thunderbolt and HP Grass and with Celebi support, it can be really strong but it struggles otherwise. I assumed it's going to be worse, but it can technically run Drill Peck and HP Ground on special sets.

:rs/dugtrio:
It only got physical Pursuit. It sucks now.

:rs/suicune:
Surf and Ice Beam now go off its Attack stat. Have fun with CB Suicune. Calm Mind sets are pretty much unviable.

:rs/aerodactyl:
Not as bad as I originally thought, but gaining Fire Blast and Pursuit as physical moves isn't a world beater.

:rs/starmie:
Congrats, Rapid Spin goes from its special attack. Now its special moves go off its sucky Attack stat.

:rs/magneton:
It lost everything. Technically it has CB Thunderbolt, which gives it a 360 Attack stat but its still worse than its previous 371 Special Attack stat.

:rs/moltres:
Same as Zapdos, it can run Special sets with Drill Peck and HP Ground while its physical moves aren't bad with Fire Blast, Extrasensory and HP Grass. Still a far cry from its previous effectivenss.

:rs/heracross:
What will you run? SD HP smth and Thief?

:rs/jolteon:
Not as bad as I thought, but using Shadow Ball and HP as attacking moves sucks.
:rs/skarmory:
Previously, it resisted 4 of the special moves, was weak to 2 of them and neutral to the overs. Now it resists all expept for 2 types. This means that investing into its Special Defense isn't necessary anymore since Fighting and Rock don't have good special attackers and its only two weaknesses target its higher defense stat, thus allowing it to tank them more easily. Skarmory can now invest more into its physical Defense and thus check the new physically offensive threats or it can invest in speed and improve its match-up more against faster defensive Pokemon. However, its weaknesses are now potentially boosted by DD, CB or SD.

:rs/swampert:
Swampert didn't change much, but its surroundings did. Tyranitar, Salamence and Metagross now run HP Grass from their superior attacking stat and that hurts Swampert's status as a physical wall and the significantly reduced viability in Electric-, Rock- and Steel-type moves removes much of its defensive prowess. However, with Fire-types, like Arcanine, Entei and Charizard, now being able to run their STABs off their Attack makes its Water-typing valuable and Venusaur and Gengar can now run Sludge Bomb from their higher Special Attack stat which makes a resistance to Poison more usable. Also, while the other Water-types are threatening Physical Attackers like Gyarados, Kingler, Crawdaunt and Kabutops, Swampert manages to have great defensive utility too. Its a nice bulky set-up sweeper with Curse and Substitute.

:rs/jirachi:
Jirachi shares the same fate as Metagross, where the new split changes its sets. Its CM sets can now run CB sets with Psychic, Fire Punch, Thunderbolt and Ice Punch and those moves work great with Serene Grace. Its Body Slams and Shadow Balls are now boosted by CM which is honestly really great. Shadow Ball was a weird move, since it's normally a physical move that drops the defense of the different category, but now it's the only move to drop the defense of the same category. When used by Jirachi, that move has a 40% chance to do this and Body Slam has its nasty 60% chance to paralyse. Keep in mind, that those are potentially CM boosted and with Substitute those sets can be nightmares.

:rs/claydol:
Nothing changed lol

:rs/breloom:
From a Fighting Wallbreaker to a Grass Wallbreaker. Giga Drain, Thunder Punch and either HP Ice or HP Fire potentially boosted by CB or Swords Dance is really good and Breloom has access to Spore too, therefore it can threaten a lot of teams. Its Fighting-type is still good for checking Tyranitar, although Fire Blast is scary.

:rs/flygon:
Flygon has a good special movepool. Dragon Claw, Fire Blast and Giga Drain, meaning it can run a different HP other than HP Grass. Of course, HP Grass is stronger so it's still an option, but I wanna point out that its STAB boost and decent Special Attack allows it to run EQ, mainly for a stronger hit on Metagross and potentially hitting Arcanine. Overall, the new split has brought some improvements to it while removing some of its unique traits.
I'm sorry, but I'm like this. I've always been a tiering theorymoner and therefore I looked at the Uber banlist and thought about these two as potential unbans.

:rs/latias:
In standard ADV, Latias is banned due to its longevity, special bulk and no reliable way to dent it. With Pursuit being physical now, it can be trapped and its special bulk, while still good, isn't as useful as its physical bulk now. Bug, Fighting, Flying, Poison, Rock, Steel and Ground aren't common attacking types and its weak to Ghost while Normal-types can usually deal with it. It can also no longer live a hit from a Dragon, Ice or Dark move with its lower physical bulk that can't be improved by Calm Mind. Furthermore, Latias has an amazing special movepool, but now it's useless in this mod since it has nothing to boost them and even if it had SD or DD, base 80 base attack is a joke. EQ and Shadow Ball do have decent coverage they have no STAB and those moves have immunities. It still has its longevity, but this is where its bad movepool kicks in. Dragon Claw allowed for a Mono-Attacking Calm Mind sets with CM, Recover and Refresh. Now its attacking moves have immunities and therefore it has to run 2 attacking moves, so it has to remove Refresh, Calm Mind or Recover. Overall, I think Latias would be manageable in this mod.

:rs/latios:
Take everything I said about Latias, but remove its bulk, make it more offensive and add Dragon Dance. Latios gets less opportunities to switch in with its lower bulk but its special moves hit harder now and Shadow Ball and EQ are good moves so that's something. However, with its slightly better attack stat in 90 and DD, Latios can utilise its now physical movepool. Mono-Attacking sets are back but now on a more offensively oriented set. Alterantively, it can go all out with a Lum Berry DD set that which is harder to revenge-kill due to its higher speed. Other than that, it is pretty much a less bulky but stronger Latias. DD variants and stronger CM EQ and Shadow Ball might make it more problematic, but I think it's worth trying out.

Of course, provided Soul Dew stays banned.

This mod is really interesting and I really wanna play it at some point.

With that out of the way, I'm excited to get more invested into the Solomods here and do more posts like this.
Have a nice day, Ciao Servus.

Last edited:
Servus! There are a lot of cool Solomods here and I'd like to say something about some of them.

First: There are some Solomods that I'd like to code. I brought this point up in Discord and it aged poorly tbh. However, with me graduating in 3 days (provided I don't fail my last two exams), I will have more time on my hands and thus I'll put it on myself to get some of this nice ideas coded. I have a priority list of some sorts, but I don't want to keep it to myself for now, since I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep it.

Second: Small update on my own Solomods. Roovnen is almost done. I worked a lot on it during my break and it developed much over the last few weeks. I'm too lazy to update the spreadsheet tho and the movesets take a lot of time and nerves to do (two things I don't have atm). My other Solomod is currently in development, but idk how far I wanna go with it, but no matter what I'll do, the learnsets will break my neck, so don't expect it soon.

Third: This is something I won't do often, since I don't want to clutter this thread, but from time to time, I wanna encourage people to give some of the Solomods a try, by giving my impressions/opinions on them. I will do it for one mod today, which is honestly the mod that inspired and is the reason for this whole post, but I will do some more of these "reviews" for other mods.
First of all, congratulations, and secondly I hope that you keep sane when coding the solomods. (I know I went insane trying to even start coding my solomod)

Last edited:
Name of Mod: Alternate Timeline
Mascot :mienshao:
Link to Changes: Alternate Timeline Spreadsheet (INCOMPLETE)
Summary of the Mod: The goal of Alternate Timeline is to create an environment that seems extremely close to what pokemon is now but isn't quite the same. Type chart changes, middle and final evolutions that weren't quite there before, starter types aren't quite right, some pokemons types aren't what they should be, but still work, and a new type, but it's still fundamentally pokemon.
Competitive Overview: The goal is to create a region that feels like pokemon, but also feels fresh. Some pokemon are given higher prowess than we are used to, the biggest being Nidoking and Nidoqueen, which have become pseudo-legendaries. Meanwhile the cover legendaries Arceus and Giratina receive big changes as Arceus no longer uses Multitype, and both now represent the Light and Dark types respectively.

Currently the mod is in a very unfinished state since I just wanted to make this proof of concept with some examples before I posted, then when I have the time I'll get into the juicier details, like the entire regional dex, mythicals that have yet to come in, and the fact that pseudo legendaries can become normal or even starter pokemon, and vise versa. Might make a discord about it if there's interest to where people may want to contribute to the dex being built. If not then I'll just work on it myself as time goes on as it just seems like something fun to do in my off time.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Name of Mod: Alternate Timeline
Mascot :mienshao:
Link to Changes: Alternate Timeline Spreadsheet (INCOMPLETE)
Summary of the Mod: The goal of Alternate Timeline is to create an environment that seems extremely close to what pokemon is now but isn't quite the same. Type chart changes, middle and final evolutions that weren't quite there before, starter types aren't quite right, some pokemons types aren't what they should be, but still work, and a new type, but it's still fundamentally pokemon.
Competitive Overview: The goal is to create a region that feels like pokemon, but also feels fresh. Some pokemon are given higher prowess than we are used to, the biggest being Nidoking and Nidoqueen, which have become pseudo-legendaries. Meanwhile the cover legendaries Arceus and Giratina receive big changes as Arceus no longer uses Multitype, and both now represent the Light and Dark types respectively.

Currently the mod is in a very unfinished state since I just wanted to make this proof of concept with some examples before I posted, then when I have the time I'll get into the juicier details, like the entire regional dex, mythicals that have yet to come in, and the fact that pseudo legendaries can become normal or even starter pokemon, and vise versa. Might make a discord about it if there's interest to where people may want to contribute to the dex being built. If not then I'll just work on it myself as time goes on as it just seems like something fun to do in my off time.
Looks very promising, a very interesting what-if scenario. Ice being weak to Normal looks very concerning though, with stuff like Return STAB and Extreme Speed / Boomburst into consideration if they aren’t changed.

It’s also interesting that Light and Dark are simply neutral to each others, rather than Light beating Dark, a mutual weakness, or (the most nonsensical personally unless we’re talking about a hopelessly edgy world) Dark beating Light.

Looks very promising, a very interesting what-if scenario. Ice being weak to Normal looks very concerning though, with stuff like Return STAB and Extreme Speed / Boomburst into consideration if they aren’t changed.

It’s also interesting that Light and Dark are simply neutral to each others, rather than Light beating Dark, a mutual weakness, or (the most nonsensical personally unless we’re talking about a hopelessly edgy world) Dark beating Light.
The thought process here being the old adage, "Darkness without light is an abyss, light without darkness is blinding, you cannot have a coin with one side" "yo socrates it’s a fucking cookie" Both sides being at a constant standoff representing that while they can beat each other, neither has a distinct advantage.

Normal beating Ice is because, well, you know how easy it is to just CROMCH down on an ice cube. I felt like any regular being can still beat an ice cube. (The main point really was to make normal not completely neutral and ice made the most sense, it used to beat bug too, but that just beat up bug more than necessary as at least Ice was given some resistances, but bug still isn't great and I didn't want to beat up on it more.)

As for things like boomburst and such, I plan on looking at every move in the game and making changes to moves that are deemed too good or not good enough. Balancing out the movepools is something I plan on doing, just a little later in the project.

aso eee.png

AsOnemons is a Solomod/Non-Smogon Mod Generation 8 based micrometa that revolves around creating new As One Pokémon based on official Pokémon!
gen6icons-sheugrgereet-3.png
DHr1xDc wvfehx.png
ribombee charmere.png
gen6xczxcscicons-sheet-6.png
butterfreeangler-icon.png
gen6iconstyfyvfhg-sheet-8.png

AsOnemons takes place in an alternate universe years into the future where a Human vs Pokémon world war took place. Due to the technological advancements made by humans at the time of the war, Pokémon were forced to join forces with other species in order to survive. Only the strongest and most adaptable of each species of Pokémon were able to survive. After years of battling, the war ended only through the power of Shadow Rider Calyrex and Ice Rider Calyrex whom acted as generals for Pokémon during the war. Now there is peace in the Pokémon world, but the only Pokémon that survived were the ones that were able to join forces and battle As One.
Each new As One form recieves a new signature move! Its base stat total is calculated by the rider Pokémon's BST divided by six added to the mount Pokémon's BST. Learnsets of both base Pokémon are inherited, though move pool removals can be made.

This project has been secretly in the works for months! We currently have 30 new As One Pokémon. Although this is a Solomod, the nature of the concept is to create interesting conventions through combined abilities and flavor based rider and mount Pokémon. Because of this, this project which started collaboratively in a Megas for All chat has also turned into a Non-Smogon Mod! We have already developed a small Discord community of around 20 members that assisted with the early development of the mod.

We will soon be expanding the meta, and are taking submissions in a rolling submission format in our Discord. Volunteering to help with any the mod's decision making processes is highly encouraged!

Click here for the spreadsheet! | Click here to join our Discord!

Early Contributors: Moretto, pupugugu, ARandomPerson, PalpitoadChamp, Sticky Fingaaa, Albatross, ViZar, bekama, megaspoopy000, Regic Boat, Cratersmash
To create your own As One submissions, please refer to our Discord submissions chat. We are looking to expand the meta in two patches before exploring side tiers. For the first patch we are looking to add 10 new As One Pokémon to the meta. Submissions are accepted in a rolling submission, and when we are ready to make the additions, we will have a discussion where Submissions Liaison volunteers will decide which new submissions to accept.

All submissions are collaborative as when a sub is posted there isn't a waiting or veto process, people will just immediately give feedback until we land on something that is great!
The order of roles will be organized in the following way:
  1. Utility (Entry Hazards, Hazard Control, Hazard Control Deterrent, Trapping, Other.)
  2. Offensive roles (Wallbreakers, Choice Item Users, Setup Sweepers, Stallbreakers, Priority.)
  3. Defensive roles (Walls, Clerics.)
  4. Pivoting (U-turn, Volt Switch, Flip Turn, Teleport.)
  5. Field Effects (Rain, Sand, Sun, Hail, Trick Room, and Terrain.)
Note that not every Pokémon is viable in said role.

1. Utility
Entry Hazards:
Spikes: :bunnelby::frogadier::pincurchin:-:pincurchin: Spike Burst
Stealth Rock: :blacephalon::bunnelby::clefairy::excadrill::infernape::munchlax::nihilego::pawniard::ribombee::shuckle::stunfisk::thwackey::yanmega:
Sticky Web: :shuckle:
Toxic Spikes: :mareanie::nihilego::pelipper::pincurchin:

Hazard Control:
Defog: :butterfree::chandelure::dedenne::hoothoot::mothim::pawniard::pelipper::ribombee::sirfetchd::spheal::swoobat::watchog::yanmega:
Rapid Spin: :excadrill::pelipper::yanmega:

Hazard Control Deterrent:
Defiant: :pawniard:

Trapping:
Bait Splash: :butterfree:
Entrancing Sound: :spheal:
Extend Neck: :Infernape:

Other:
Haze: :blacephalon::mareanie::pelipper::spheal: - :watchog: Air Surveillance
Corrosion: :mareanie:
2. Offensive Roles
Wallbreakers:
Physical: :Blacephalon::bunnelby::dedenne::excadrill::infernape::frogadier::mothim::munchlax::pawniard::sableye::sirfetchd::stunfisk::thwackey::watchog::yanmega:
Special: :beheeyem::blacephalon::butterfree::chandelure::clefairy::hoothoot::infernape::malamar::mareanie::nihilego::pelipper::spheal::swoobat::vanilluxe:
Mixed: :blacephalon::infernape::malamar::munchlax:

Choice Item Users:
Choice Band: :frogadier::mothim::sirfetchd::watchog:
Choice Specs: :beheeyem::blacephalon::infernape::nihilego::swoobat::vanilluxe:
Choice Scarf: :blacephalon::frogadier::infernape::nihilego::watchog:

Setup Sweepers:
Belly Drum: :munchlax:
Hard Work: :Bunnelby:
Bulk Up: :Watchog:
Calm Mind: :beheeyem::hoothoot::swoobat:
Nasty Plot: :beheeyem::hoothoot::mareanie::swoobat:
Sour Aroma: :swoobat:
Swords Dance: :bunnelby::dedenne::frogadier::munchlax::pawniard::sableye::sirfetchd::thwackey::watchog:
Quiver Dance: :butterfree:

Priority:
First Impression: :sirfetchd:
Ice Shard: :vanilluxe:
Prankster: :sableye:
Sucker Punch: :sableye:
3. Defensive Roles
Walls:
Physically Defensive: :beheeyem::bunnelby::clefairy::excadrill::hoothoot::mothim::munchlax::pawniard::ribombee::shuckle::spheal::stunfisk::thwackey:
Specially Defensive: :beheeyem::blacephalon::butterfree::hoothoot::infernape::munchlax::pawniard::pelipper::spheal::thwackey::watchog:
Mixed: :beheeyem::hoothoot::munchlax::pawniard::pelipper::sableye::spheal::thwackey::watchog:

Clerics:
Wish: :malamar::sableye:
Heal Bell / Aromatherapy: :butterfree::clefairy:
Healing Wish: :clefairy::nihilego::sirfetchd:
4. Pivoting
U-Turn: :bunnelby::butterfree::dedenne::frogadier::infernape::mothim::pawniard::pelipper::ribombee::swoobat::thwackey::watchog::yanmega:
Volt Switch: :beheeyem::butterfree::dedenne:
Teleport: :beheeyem::butterfree::clefairy::infernape:
5. Field Effects
Rain:
Drizzle: :pelipper:

Sand:
Sand Stream: :excadrill:
Sand Force: :excadrill::thwackey:

Sun:
Drought: :torkoal:
Chlorophyll: :swoobat:

Hail:
Snow Warning: :vanilluxe:
Slush Rush: :vanilluxe:

Trick Room:
Setters: :hoothoot::shuckle: - :hoothoot: Ill Omen

Terrain:
Grassy Surge: :thwackey:
Misty Surge: :spheal:
Electric Surge::pincurchin:
Psychic Surge: :nihilego:
- Games are usually very fast paced.
- All of the mons are quite optimized, so this meta lends itself to being more around the range of an Ubers power level. Though, it has the familiarity of OU.
- Balance is constantly being evaluated, so we will be releasing balance patches as soon as they are needed. Join our Balancing Committee on Discord!
- Ribombee-Charmer is an amazing defensive wall and works as glue on many teams.
- Vanilluxe-Fur is a very strong Special Breaker.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Name of Mod: GPT3Mons
Mascot: :porygon2:
Link to Changes
Summary of the Mod: Uses OpenAI's GPT3 text generator and this training data
Code:
Make a new Pokemon.

Morvilant
Poison/Dark
Abilities: Intimidate/Gluttony
Stats: 100/80/75/80/75/110 (520 BST)
Notable moves: Gunk Shot, Aura Wheel, Ice Fang, Belly Drum, Parting Shot, Rapid Spin, Taunt

Puremaid
Water/Fairy
Abilities: Water Absorb/Healer/Cute Charm
Stats: 124/41/52/103/80/95 (495 BST)
Notable moves: Scald, Hydro Pump, Moonblast, Recover, Flip Turn, Moonblast, Ice Beam, Psychic, Haze

Arboulder
Rock/Grass
Abilities: Guts/Drought
Stats: 88/145/81/40/88/103 (545 BST)
Notable moves: Stone Edge, Earthquake, Accelerock, Horn Leech, Wood Hammer, Swords Dance, Synthesis

Cyknight
Steel
Abilities: Intrepid Sword
Stats: 80/80/100/50/100/90  (500 BST)
Notable moves: Iron Head, First Impression, Sacred Sword, U-Turn, Leaf Blade, High Horsepower, Swords Dance
Code:
Make a new Pokemon move.

Abyssal Slash
Ghost
Physical
80 BP
100% Accuracy
10 PP
100% chance to lower the target's Special Defense by 1.

Death Grip
Dark
Physical
90 BP
100% Accruacy
10 PP
Prevents the target from using pivoting moves.

Draining Wing
Flying
Special
80 BP
100% Accuracy
10 PP
User recovers 50% of the damage dealt.

Burning Petals
Fire
Special
100    BP
100% Accuracy
10 PP
Damages target based on Defense, not Sp. Def.

ESP Wave
Psychic
Status
100% Accuracy
20 PP
Lowers Atk/Sp. Atk/Speed of trapped foes by 1.

Boreal Shine
Ice
Status
-% Accuracy
20 PP
Raises the user's Atk, Def, and Spe by 1.

to generate one pokemon and one move per letter of the alphabet, rerolling and making tweaks to ensure type and metagame balance.
Competitive Overview: wip

Ema Skye

Work!
:pidgeot: x :zacian: Dex Stat Reverse :blastoise: x :spectrier:
The Sheet
This NAT DEX based format takes the PokeDex order and swaps their stats with the Pokemon at the other end. For example, Bulbasaur swaps with Enamorus, Wormadam swaps with Arceus and Kingler swaps with Zeraora. This gets some pretty wild looking Pokemon.
  • Megas and out of battle form changes (incl. regional variants) stay with the original Pokemon and are calculated with their new stats using the Mix and Mega formula. Item-based form changes (Crowneds, Origins) were calculated using this rule too.
  • Signature items also stay with their main Pokemon (Cubone is coming for you!)
  • In-Battle form changes (ex. Necrozma Ultra) are calculated using the same formulas used in Fusion Evolution.
If you've been on Discord today, you've seen me talk about this mod idea. Hoping to get it coded if someone is willing. The sheet is hilarious, I promise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)