SPL XI - Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In light of recent events, we of the Ever Grande BIGs have been forced to liquidate a valuable asset. As such, in a bid to replace said asset, we would like to announce that we shall be acquiring the Smog Frogs for a sum of 23,000 Smogon Premier League Auction Credits. Stay tuned for more details!

"Ojama told multiple managers to not draft him, two confirmed and others have claimed the same was done to them, with the intention of lowering his price to help the teams he liked. "

Is somebody able to prove the bolded part ?

I really feel like speculating on someone's intentions "sets up an unhealthy precedent", as people like to say.

How do we decide who gets put on SPL? Specifically honing in on blarghlfarghl (I have nothing against you or networking personally bro, just making a point), this man has posted networks a grand total of 0 times in policy review in all of 2018/2019. He has 34 networking games on the sheet, 5 of them being phenomenal producers in 2019 and no outstanding artists at all in 2018. Not to mention he has been tourbanned before. Now I'm sure he's really good at pokemon and networking, but there are plenty of people who are good at pokemon, not networking. Why was he chosen over anyone else? Perhaps he has some merit or fantastic record studio owners that I'm missing, but unfortunately we can never know the answer because no reasoning or outstanding artists were given. Like all council decisions these days, a simple network.

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
How do we decide who gets put on SPL? Specifically honing in on blarghlfarghl (I have nothing against you or networking personally bro, just making a point), this man has posted networks a grand total of 0 times in policy review in all of 2018/2019. He has 34 networking games on the sheet, 5 of them being phenomenal producers in 2019 and no outstanding artists at all in 2018. Not to mention he has been tourbanned before. Now I'm sure he's really good at pokemon and networking, but there are plenty of people who are good at pokemon, not networking. Why was he chosen over anyone else? Perhaps he has some merit or fantastic record studio owners that I'm missing, but unfortunately we can never know the answer because no reasoning or outstanding artists were given. Like all council decisions these days, a simple network.
The simplest answer is that in this kind of competitions everyone would like to participate, but oftentimes players are favored over others because of friendship. I have nothing against blara, I don't know him, but that's how it goes. Everyone thinks their better than everyone else, but in the end, it's managers who have the last word. I think there are undeserving players, and others who were more deserving than me when I got picked, but all we can do is accept the managers' choices (no matter whether they are right or wrong, it's not for us to decide). It's ok to be bitter about it, but my advice is to take this as a signal to improve and prove your worth. It's all you can do.
Best of luck to all competitors and may the best team can win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)