Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Episode 4: A New Hope

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 42 42.4%
  • Episode 6: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 18 18.2%

• Total voters
Episode IV out of the old movies, Episode 2 out of the new movies. Episode IV would be my favorite overall. I think the only reason I like Episode II is because my church's pastor looks like Count Dooku.

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
Revenge of the Sith, mostly because I think Vader is a badass, and I loved seeing how he finally went from crybaby piece of shit Jedi Apprentice to the biggest badass in Star Wars.

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
revenge of the sith was worthless; the acting was horrible and the plot defeated itself.

the best movie is probably Empire Strikes Back...but i voted Return of the Jedi cause i enjoyed it more (fuck you ewok haters).

A New Hope has a special place in my heart. I mean Obi-Wan was a badass when he was young, but the Alec Guiness version was pure win. I can't help but love how Luke just gets like shoved in the bar, and Obi was like OH HELL NO and chops the dude's arm off. An eye for an eye, Obi-Wan style?

Episode V; the prequels were ruined by atrocious acting (Hayden Christensen, principally) and, to a lesser extent, by subpar writing. Rarely have I seen such awkward and stilted romance dialogue as that between Anakin and Padme.

Episode V was easily the best of them, story and characterization wise, but my favorite moments in the films were the attacks on both Death Stars.

My goodness, why did the stop using models, it looks a million times better. The battle over Coruscant in Episode III was just an abysmal cluster of particle effects. I loved the sort of feel in the OT that there was a military conflict, in the other three it was completely focused on the individual heroes.

Episode V was easily the best of them, story and characterization wise, but my favorite moments in the films were the attacks on both Death Stars.

My goodness, why did the stop using models, it looks a million times better. The battle over Coruscant in Episode III was just an abysmal cluster of particle effects. I loved the sort of feel in the OT that there was a military conflict, in the other three it was completely focused on the individual heroes.
That's how all movies are nowadays. Fucking ruined by cgi. I mean, you just watch movies like Jaws, the Exorcist, and the original Alien, and you have to ask yourself what the fuck happened? Movies just aren't an art anymore imo. Directors got lazy and somehow think everything looks more real in cg, when really, it doesn't. That's why these movies will always be classics, because people actually took the time to create everything with their hands, and it looked real, because it WAS real. Not some computer-generated thing that looks like it came out of a fucking video game.

Episode V; the prequels were ruined by atrocious acting (Hayden Christensen, principally) and, to a lesser extent, by subpar writing. Rarely have I seen such awkward and stilted romance dialogue as that between Anakin and Padme.
QFE. I actually don't think the script or story of II or III were bad, but the acting just ruined them both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)