#Stark challenges

For monotype is it only OU ladder or can we try other ladders?

In UU, I've done pretty well with mono-Poison. It's actually a stall team, which is unexpected from a mono team, but it works for a number of reasons:

1. Good defensive candidates such as Weezing, Venasaur, Drapion, and Nidoqueen.
2. Access to all entry hazards.
3. Poison has pokemon that are immune to both of it's weaknesses - Weezing for Ground, Skuntank or Drapion for Psychic.

Ok I guess the number is 3... anyways I can see myself getting on the leaderboard with this team (I already have using it heavily, but not exclusively) but I think it would be a cold day in hell before I topped the leaderboard with this team.

For monotype is it only OU ladder or can we try other ladders?
I swear ppl never read -.- Anyways, first line from the rules...

April's first #stark challenge will simply be a mono type challenge. You will use a mono-type team and try to get as high on the OU leaderboard as possible. Whoever gets the highest will get hops until the next #stark challenge.
You're welcome to try it in other ladders if you want...it just won't be apart of the challenge.

perfect way to check out metagame as i prepare for spl. hopefully i do well, if anything exciting happens, ill edit my post and give some updates on my team

Alright, it didn't look like this was addressed in the rules so...

Is it ok if we use different monotype teams on the ladder if we join? Like, one time I use a fighting monotype and one time I use a water monotype, or do we have to stick to one monotype team only?

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Alright, it didn't look like this was addressed in the rules so...

Is it ok if we use different monotype teams on the ladder if we join? Like, one time I use a fighting monotype and one time I use a water monotype, or do we have to stick to one monotype team only?
Same team throughout, though you can make changes to it as long as it's still monotype (ie replace Altaria with a Gabite)

I fought three straight mono Normal types on UU yesterday. One word, annoying. I did defeat them all, but I'm also rather low on the shoddy ladder. I myself am not particpating due to a heavy load of school work, but this is a very interesting challenge nontheless.

right now I'm working on mono-normal with Ambipom, Togekiss, Snorlax, Clefable, Porygon-Z and Slaking. I feel like I'm cheating by including Togekiss but it's helped so much.

My mono-ground has been working pretty well. Lololol ground-stall is beastly, except it needs a little bit more of an imperfectluck touch to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)