Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, could we have a way to show how many pokemon each player brought to the battle? i recently had a gen 3 game where my opponent only had a snorlax with amnesia, curse, an attack and an unknown move. I went first to my skarmory expecting to spike up then whirl it out, only to find out whirlwind wasn't working, by that point it was too late because he was too boosted for me to do anything else. If i had known from the start it was the only pokemon i would have been able to do something. On PO and in the games this is indicated by the number of pokeballs on the side, if there are less than 6 there would be a blank space. I should also note that I've played the guy who was abusing this before, and he's rather average, now he's number 1 on the ladder so I'm not the only one who's had trouble with this.

Last edited:
Is there a way to have a popup appear on the screen whenever you're promoted (like when you're demoted, a popup appears and tells you)? It feels like lots of people are afk when they are promoted and don't even realize it until when they get back and maybe say something in chat.

Last I checked, this didn't exist, so sorry if it's already been suggested and implemented.

One issue I've encountered is that people are constantly waiting up the allowed time limit. Usually this is people stalling when they're losing, or people looking up damage calcs for moves. I think that both should be frowned upon. I understand that with new type combinations sometimes people want a moment to type /weakness [pokemon name] to see what is and isn't effective.

My suggestion, while minor, would be lowering the time between moves from two and a half minutes to something more reasonable, like one minute.

One issue I've encountered is that people are constantly waiting up the allowed time limit. Usually this is people stalling when they're losing, or people looking up damage calcs for moves. I think that both should be frowned upon. I understand that with new type combinations sometimes people want a moment to type /weakness [pokemon name] to see what is and isn't effective.

My suggestion, while minor, would be lowering the time between moves from two and a half minutes to something more reasonable, like one minute.
This is actually already implemented.

I'm not sure if it is already implmented or is more for Smogon, but I'd like to suggest a signature generator for teams like a Trainer card of sorts

In all honesty I'd like to see the pre-Gen VI Pokémon have their menu sprites replaced with the updated ones from Generation VI, like these:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/3ds/pokemonomegarubyalphasapphire/sheet/64163/

This sprite sheet has an icon for every species, form, and Mega that exists up to ORAS. Some sprites also have variations when they face to the right instead of the the left (shown in Pokémon-Amie when the sprite is walking/facing right).

I have the best suggestion, ever.
Implement a limit for repeated characters in each message (3-4 characters max) as a sort of anti-spam measure.
For example, if I type "hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" in the chat, it will come out as "hiii" and ignore the rest of the I's.
This won't stop spam completely, obviously, but will definitely eliminate unnecessary character spamming, which I see a lot in places like the Lobby and will help the staff have a bit more peace and have to deal with less dumb spammers.
No, this is dumb. Stretching is my life.

I'm not sure if it is already implmented or is more for Smogon, but I'd like to suggest a signature generator for teams like a Trainer card of sorts
This would technically be for Smogon (there's no way to really have a signature for Pokemon Showdown itself in its current state unless you mean the PS boards), and there are numerous websites that do the job (1) (2)

Hi, so something I've noticed is that when a user posts a link, and then changes names with /nick, their link becomes unbreakable, at least by warns, mutes, and bans by roomauth, so long as that user does not /nick back to their original name. This can be, has been, and likely will continue to be abused by people. Although I believe it performs as expected, and therefore is not a bug, perhaps there is a way to link warns between accounts so that all links can be broken by a warn, regardless of what username a user was on when they posted a link?

Shgeldz a worrying issue is that the link won't "break" if you refresh, and will still remain "unbreakable", even if they're on that same nick. I'm unsure if this was something that was fixed long ago, but wanted to bring it up, nonetheless.

I think it would be a good idea if Showdown Users were able to suggest battle music, or at least get all the possible music and set one for there battles. I may affect the server load thingymawhatsit but I also think that most users would appreciate it. Let me know what you think!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Private replays.

If a private replay (/savereplay, private) is saved, its URL is only accessible by the people who played the match. Ideally, they would be able to add people by their PS username - ex. Pwnemon and I have a battle, we want to keep the teams private but want to be able to show the match to SPL team captains, so we give them the ability to view it.

This is far lower priority than Anything Goes Doubles.

Either more items or less items.

There are plenty of items that are missing from Pokémon Showdown, such as Lava Cookie and Rage Candy Bar and stuff like that. Obviously, these have no competitive use and there exists other items that do the same thing. So they are not needed.

Having said that, if we aren't going to include items that aren't competitively-viable, then why, pray tell, are there a bunch of Fossils and Poké Balls in there? I personally don't care whether we include all of the items or only the ones that we need, but I'm just asking for some consistency. Either add more items or take away these ones.

On a side note, one of the types of Poké Balls in there right now is a Cherish Ball. And there is currently no legal way for a Pokémon to hold a Cherish Ball.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
On a side note, one of the types of Poké Balls in there right now is a Cherish Ball. And there is currently no legal way for a Pokémon to hold a Cherish Ball.
Pokeball compatibility is getting implemented at some point (since the ball a Pokemon is in can give you information on the Pokemon ingame), so all PokeBalls need to be present.

Tournament progress
Although you know which battle(s) you're waiting for, you can't tell how well the battle is progressing (except with random teams, when you're allowed to watch).
So I think it would be neat if there was some way of indicating progress, e.g. number of turns taken and/or number of 'mons remaining.

That is not possible, urkerab, after, you can't battled with a User no exist. If you are impatient for fight in the tours, don't join the tours. I am serious, we cannot create a User.

I mentioned this once before but I don't think anyone replied

I would like to see some more stats for individual players. Such as average KOs per game, average KOs on you per game, most common type used, most common move used. Things like that

Now, this is to me, I suggest a method simple, very simple for create a PS server, don't request a good quality in programming.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Now, this is to me, I suggest a method simple, very simple for create a PS server, don't request a good quality in programming.
The current method is simple enough if you follow the instructions in the readme. Just follow those, figure out how to port-forward it, keep it up for a certain amount of time (36 hours I think is the requirement now) and tell someone on the showdown irc channel that it's been up for the required amount of time. Boom, you got a public server. Just keep it up. If you want a private server, just follow the first two steps and pm people your server link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)