Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v2 [Update on Post #5186]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posting this game here because it’s funny asf

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1874789281-xbqi7pt8m8hcb1j9ffca5kt897dtmkgpw

Really shows everyone’s still learning the meta and making mistakes asf lol. I made at least 3 mistakes and still won.

winning games is about 50/50s on who teras

so many Tera ground Volcarona y’all! Don’t use volt switch on your elekis unless you’re packing priority ice/water attacks!!

-

FR this is possibly the first time in Pokémon history it’s worth running 248 speed with a positive speed nature on landorus.

IFYKYK

It seems likely that the SV OU tiering council will be voting on one Pokemon today as a potential “emergency ban”.

We still intend to vote on a number of Pokemon as part of the radar later this week, so even if the first Pokemon is not your only concern, there is a lot of tiering action coming in the immediate future. Stay tuned.

It seems likely that the SV OU tiering council will be voting on one Pokemon today as a potential “emergency ban”.

We still intend to vote on a number of Pokemon as part of the radar later this week, so even if the first Pokemon is not your only concern, there is a lot of tiering action coming in the immediate future. Stay tuned.

Thanks as always for what you do!

just an opinion from a typical player. Whilst a lot of these things are clearly too good to be in OU, it’s still super fun to play with broken things for some time.

it’s only an issue when it drags on for long periods of time without change!!

I want to give a shout out to Enamours-T. I honestly think it is better than its Incarnate form & is underrated. It has great bulk & typing. With Calm Mind + Draining Kiss, it can become difficult to beat. Mystical Fire & Earth Power are good coverage as well. The only problem is, why not use Magearna, who does the same thing but better.

now i don't really play much, tho i like watching, but i gotta say, this is looking to be the best/most popular Poison Types have ever been in OU

like in other gens you'd have like 1 to 3 in OU,(and then gen 5 having 4) but this gen so far? lotsa Poison types. Glimmora, Amoonguss, Toxapex, Iron Moth, Clodsire, and now the new additions of Glowking and Sneasler looking very prominent, this has to be the most relevant Poison types have ever been in OU. save for ig Naganadel in previous gens if that counts.

which is kinda funny bc one of poison's best traits is being good vs fairy, and there's few non-tera fairies at the moment.

Skeledirge stonks are rising!!! Invest while you can!!!
ryjdi1axvs2a1.jpg

Checks Sneasler, Zamazantas, Enamorus, Magearna, Heatran, and many other new Home threats. while still being a pain against Valiant, Cinderace, Volcarona, Moth, etc.
He's here to stay in OU despite all the new heinous toys from home.

where i see every new mon
arcanine hisui: uu or ru
articuno-galar: uu to publ
articuno: nu to pu
avalugg hisui: little cup
azelf:uu to nu
basculegion:ou
basculegion-f: uubl
braviary:ou
calyrex:pu
carbink:ru to pu
creselia:uu
decidueye hisui:uu, but with a niche in ou as a counter to gholdengo
diance:uu
dugtrio alola:pu
electrode hisui:nu to pu
enamorus:ou, decent
enamorus therian:uu to nu
glastrier:ru to publ
goodra hisui: anoying wall in ou
heatran:ou
hoopa:ru to nu
hoopa unbound:bad in ou to uu
kleavor:ou off of usage alone, yall are overhyping this thing, stone axe isnt even that good, its worse than stealth rock
landorus t:what do you think
liligant hisui:uubl to rubl
magearna:uber
meloetta:nu to pu
mespirit:nu to pu
mew:ou to ru
moltres:ru to publ
moltres galar:uu to nubl
muk alola:nu to pu
overquil:ru
persian alola:pu
pikachus:pu
Raichu alola:nu
regidrago:ru to publ
regieleki:ou to uber
samurot:see kleavor
slowbro galar:ou to ru
slowking galar:ou to ru
sneasler:uber
tauros:nu to pu
thunderous:uubl to ru
thundorous therian:ou to ru
tornadus:nu
tornadus therian:ou to uu
typhlosion hisui:uu
ursaluna:decent in ou
urshifu rapid strike:ou
uxie:nu to pu
volcanion:ou to nu
wyrrdeer:pu
zamazenta:ou
zamazenta crowned:ou to uber
zapdos:ou
zapdos galar:uubl to rubl
zarude:uu to nu

The tier right now is unplayable. Genuinely the council is incompetent for letting regieleki into the tier. I understand the reasoning but this was extremely predictable and I was way off in my pre-home assessment. You cannot account for tera ice regieleki in team building while also accounting for everything else. It's impossible.

Haha everyone is playing like shit right now..

if you wanna have a laugh, watch this replay

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1874801699-xydgj4yr9meqfq4mouzp3af3ay52282pw
Ngl Eject Pack Tusk feels too inconsistent in the Post Home meta. I fought a few yesterday and just mindlessly swapped in my Lando only for Tusk to get immediately forced out and not do anything lol.i guess it gives Tusk switch advantage, but not setting up SR ain't great.

I think Tusk has the advantage vs Lando in the hazard game because Spin + Knock lets it keep its own hazards, remove Lando's hazards, and win the potential 1v1 vs Lando because it keeps its item while Lando loses its boots.

where i see every new mon
arcanine hisui: uu or ru
articuno-galar: uu to publ
articuno: nu to pu
avalugg hisui: little cup
azelf:uu to nu
basculegion:uber, because its if houndstone was good
basculegion-f: uber, but not as good as male basculegion
braviary:ou
calyrex:pu
carbink:ru to pu
creselia:uu
decidueye hisui:uu, but with a niche in ou as a counter to gholdengo
diance:uu
dugtrio alola:pu
electrode hisui:nu to pu
enamorus:ou, decent
enamorus therian:uu to nu
glastrier:ru to publ
goodra hisui: anoying wall in ou
heatran:ou
hoopa:ru to nu
hoopa unbound:bad in ou to uu
kleavor:ou off of usage alone, yall are overhyping this thing, stone axe isnt even that good, its worse than stealth rock
landorus t:what do you think
liligant hisui:uubl to rubl
magearna:uber
meloetta:nu to pu
mespirit:nu to pu
mew:ou to ru
moltres:ru to publ
moltres galar:uu to nubl
muk alola:nu to pu
overquil:ru
persian alola:pu
pikachus:pu
Raichu alola:nu
regidrago:ru to publ
regieleki:ou to uber
samurot:see kleavor
slowbro galar:ou to ru
slowking galar:ou to ru
sneasler:uber
tauros:nu to pu
thunderous:uubl to ru
thundorous therian:ou to ru
tornadus:nu
tornadus therian:ou to uu
typhlosion hisui:uu
ursaluna:decent in ou
urshifu rapid strike:ou
uxie:nu to pu
volcanion:ou to nu
wyrrdeer:pu
zamazenta:ou
zamazenta crowned:ou to uber
zarude:uu to nu
why would basculegion be banned

PM me what it is and I'll send you CS:GO skins

why would basculegion be banned

They probably made this before they found out about the Last Respects ban

The truly wild thing is that I can't predict which mon you're talking about, because two deserve it.

With Eleki’s impending ban, what’s your prediction on the rank of the Grounds in OU, my guess:

1. Landorus: because it’s lando and will be top dog for a minute
  2. Ursaluna: doesn’t fit on every team like lando, but breaks teams
  3. Clodsire: the rise of urshifu from the shadows of eleki will require clodsire to rise to the occasion.
  4. Equal Iron treads Great tusk - they’re both hard to fit in when compared to the others. However both have rapid spin in a meta that will gradually become less offense heavy and give you the opportunity to actually spin. Iron treads will be needed to deal with enamorous and co, great tusk will be a bit of a wild card, it does deal with CP tho.
  5. Ting Lu: a fall from #2 ground to #5, mainly because checking eleki for 3 turns with HDB isn’t a thing anymore. Now the new topic will be urshifu, Magearna and CP.

kleavor is underrated no one is overhyping it chip + rocks is better than rocks idk what ur on about all i see is hate on my boy he aint even that bad, some say RU and I DO NOT SEE IT, UU minimum!
imagine if you used stealth rocks, and it just didnt work. thats what will happen 10% of the time if you use kleavor

With Eleki’s impending ban, what’s your prediction on the rank of the Grounds in OU, my guess:

1. Landorus: because it’s lando and will be top dog for a minute
  2. Ursaluna: doesn’t fit on every team like lando, but breaks teams
  3. Clodsire: the rise of urshifu from the shadows of eleki will require clodsire to rise to the occasion.
  4. Equal Iron treads Great tusk - they’re both hard to fit in when compared to the others. However both have rapid spin in a meta that will gradually become less offense heavy and give you the opportunity to actually spin. Iron treads will be needed to deal with enamorous and co, great tusk will be a bit of a wild card
  5. Ting Lu: a fall from #2 ground to #5, mainly because checking eleki for 3 turns with HDB isn’t a thing anymore. Now the new topic will be urshifu, Magearna and CP.
1. Great Tusk: It just has more utility than lando
2. Lando: Lando will still be good but Great Tusk is honestly better
3. Clodsire and Ting Lu: Stall teams will inevitably rise again and Clodsire has utility outside of them
4. Iron Treads: Great Tusk but instead of a good typing you're weak to fighting and ground

Probably regieleki or mag, I get the feeling it could be both though. (My money is on eleki though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back