Sword & Shield Battle Mechanics Research

After learning about Gulp Missile apparently having a possible Pikachu spitting forme, I can only ask "What does Gulp Missile do?" Does it have any other formes? Is it RNG based?

Is Mimicry a manipulatable ability? The wording doesn't sound Stunfisk specific. Does it attempt to change type on terrain activation or every turn? "How does it work?"

Is Dauntless Shield a +1 to Defense (as suspected)? Does Dauntless Shield reactivate when the ability is gained/swapped like Download does? Just want to make sure.

If Decorate can be called as a move, will it automatically target an ally or opponent in doubles?

Does Room Service trigger defiance/competitive? If a pokemon uses bug bite/pluck on a pokemon with ripen, do they get the bonus? And if Appletun does the same, do they get double benefits? Does Ripen affect Natural Gift's power?

Imagine if this bullshit rat can hold a Light Ball while doing so.
It almost certainly can.

If it gets Partner Pikachu stats, which is a bit of a pipe dream, it will have better offensive stats than Zekrom. Between that and guaranteed paralysis, competitively viable for sure.

Does Room Service trigger defiance/competitive?
Self-inflicted stat drops generally don't, so I think it's safe to assume no.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Imagine if this bullshit rat can hold a Light Ball while doing so.
It almost certainly can.

If it gets Partner Pikachu stats, which is a bit of a pipe dream, it will have better offensive stats than Zekrom. Between that and guaranteed paralysis, competitively viable for sure.
it's a visual effect, not an actual pikachu you can control lol

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Which moves will have the "secondary" tag versus being a primary effect?
How much does Max Airstream boost speed by? Is it a stage based boost or like Tailwind? Similar question for the others ig but that's the only one i think is likely not a stage-based boost.

Does Punk Rock double the effects of sound-based status moves?

Do Heavy Duty Boots protect from all hazards? Just grounded ones? Does traps mean something else entirely and we're all being silly?

Does Eject Pack or Emergency Exit proc first?

Does Eject Pack or the effects of phazing happen first?

If Morpeko is switched out will it come back in in its default forme or the forme it was switched out in?

What order does Teatime effect Pokemon in?

How long do field effects summoned by Max moves last? Can they last past the end of Dyamaxxing / Gigantamaxxing?

Is Octolock a temorary trap like Whirlpool and co (pls) or a permanent trap like Anchor Shot?

If the Mold Breaker moves are in the games code, do they break past Neutralizing Gas?

What does "because of accuracy" mean for Blunder Policy? Moves accuracy? Lowered accuracy stages?

Is Throat Spray a passive boost like specs or many similar items or a stage boost like absorb bulb etc.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
This is a stupid question that won't come up in any battle between two sane players, but if a Dynamaxed Pokemon can't use any of its moves, like if it used its last Power Point or got Taunted when its move set was Max Guard x4 after Dynamaxing, does it use Struggle or does Struggle become Max Strike?

This is a smart question that may come up in a battle between two insane players, but if a Dynamaxed Pokemon can and does use Minimize, like if it gets it from it's last Metronome or got put to sleep when it's chosen move was Sleep Talk and it picks Minimize, does it stay DynaMaxed or will the Pokemon become normal again?

This is a smart question that may come up in a battle between two insane players, but if a Dynamaxed Pokemon can and does use Minimize, like if it gets it from it's last Metronome or got put to sleep when it's chosen move was Sleep Talk and it picks Minimize, does it stay DynaMaxed or will the Pokemon become normal again?
How would a Dynamaxed Pokemon ever use Metronome or Sleep Talk when they get turned into Max Guard upon Dynamaxing?

If a pokemon dynamaxes and uses a max move, can instruct be used on it to have it use the max move again, or will instruct fail like with z-moves?

If a pokemon dynamaxes and instruct is used on it before it can use a max move, will it use the move that it used the turn before, will it use its corresponding max move, or will instruct fail?

Body Press is a move that appears to dabble in Foul Play's niche of "change where I'm pulling my attacking stat from". Foul Play currently doesn't get a boost from Huge Power on the opponent, nor from any other modifiers on their side except direct stat boosts. Will this new move behave the same way, so that Fur Coat and Eviolite don't boost it, while Huge Power and Choice Band do?

Foul Play currently doesn't get a boost from Huge Power on the opponent, nor from any other modifiers on their side except direct stat boosts.
It also benefits from things which affect the move's Base Power, like Life Orb or Dread Plate on the user.

I guess it's worth asking: is the same true of Body Press? Does it indeed work as a your-defence Foul Play, or is it some sort of modifier?

Does Max Guard trigger Stance Change?

The Ditto species-specific items only work post-transform in gen 2 (notice how Ditto's preferred item in almost all formats is Choice Scarf, which would otherwise be purely inferior to Quick Powder if that worked). There's no reason to suspect that would change now. Oddly, species-specific items for non-Ditto holders (such as Light Ball) do currently work if you can somehow get one of them to execute Transform, such as in BH (and they work based on the pre-transform species, not the post- one), but that might be worth checking if it still holds true once it becomes possible to do so.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Body Press is a move that appears to dabble in Foul Play's niche of "change where I'm pulling my attacking stat from". Foul Play currently doesn't get a boost from Huge Power on the opponent, nor from any other modifiers on their side except direct stat boosts. Will this new move behave the same way, so that Fur Coat and Eviolite don't boost it, while Huge Power and Choice Band do?
Does it? It looks more akin to heavy slam/heat crash/gyro ball/electro ball, where the base power is affected by some other stat but otherwise uses the normal attacking rules.

Does it? It looks more akin to heavy slam/heat crash/gyro ball/electro ball, where the base power is affected by some other stat but otherwise uses the normal attacking rules.
The power is listed on screen as a flat 80, whereas a Gyro Ball-like setup would undoubtedly go with a default 1 power (which displays in game as --). Coincidentally, 1-power moves are treated as 80 for Forewarn purposes (except Me First, which counts as 0), but not for anything else.

For the "double on dynamax" moves which appear to be signature to the legendaries: is that double power (like Venoshock vs. poison) or double damage (like Earthquake vs. Dig)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)