Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

That legit just reads as standard legalese to me, though.

It's to cover them for minor bugs that aren't worth fixing, not that they have no plans to never fix any issues.
e: IT also covers them on not promising you a product that will never have bugs. Even if Home runs flawlessly they'd like have something similar.

Here look, Fire Emblem Heroes has a similar spiel in its Disclaimer of Wrranties & Limitation of Liability section feautring things like
USE OF THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK
ALL CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND
And well I was going to transcribe the whole thing but it is al caps and kind of goes in cricles. It effectively says the same thing but in even deeper legalese

That legit just reads as standard legalese to me, though.

It's to cover them for minor bugs that aren't worth fixing, not that they have no plans to never fix any issues.
e: IT also covers them on not promising you a product that will never have bugs. Even if Home runs flawlessly they'd like have something similar.
Yes, but they purposefully knew that the product has bugs and released it anyway. Its like when you buy a toy from a store, only to open it, and find that its in broken pieces. When you go to complain, the manager says he is not responsible because they could not guarantee the product's completeness.

Yes, but they purposefully knew that the product has bugs and released it anyway. Its like when you buy a toy from a store, only to open it, and find that its in broken pieces. When you go to complain, the manager says he is not responsible because they could not guarantee the product's completeness.
This is like every app or game, though. I guarantee to you, that every game with bugs (so like...all of them...) was shipped with knowledge of those bugs in that product. This is nothing new.

I'm not saying yo uhave to be happy with the state of Home (which judging by the version number has been updated like 4 times already so, like, they're clearly not leaving this out to dry and saying suckerrrrr), but this is weird grasping at straws to be angry when you are already crushing a fist full of them. cuz lord knows home as it is conceptualized already has loads of issues

Specifically, it seems that any Cherish ball pokemon cannot be used in online features.

Don't ask me why, but seems consistent, as all my Cherish ball pokemon are blocked from being used in raids or trades as well (but I can use other pokemon regularly from any gen, being it 1 2 6 or 7)
I have had no issues at all using Marshadow online in max raid battles, so I don't think cherish ball alone is the culprit here.

also you cant even blame all these issues on Home when SWSH is the one with the legality checker turning you away too

Isn't the Pokemon from XD not being transferable over not Home's fault?
The issue with that is, I believe, that they cannot be traded, but can be put into Home & SWSH.

And evne then only in certain circumstances, I believe. Like someone's Morning Sun Butterfree (or something) was not allowed in Battle Spot, but obviously they could send it to Home and then SWSH. But other XD pokemon are fine.

Assuming I'm not mistaken that's not an issue exclusive to Home, that's an issue with their legality checker for all online interactions that their transfer legality checker does not have.

The issue with that is, I believe, that they cannot be traded, but can be put into Home & SWSH.

And evne then only in certain circumstances, I believe. Like someone's Morning Sun Butterfree (or something) was not allowed in Battle Spot, but obviously they could send it to Home and then SWSH. But other XD pokemon are fine.
The Battle Stadium thing is more of the origin marking not the move.

The Battle Stadium thing is more of the origin marking not the move.
I had only heard about the moves being the issue, if it's the origin marking it should be causing issues with anyone not from Galar, or at least anyone prior to gen 6 (do pokemon from that era still display Pentagons or do they lose the mark entirely, anyway?)

What is "Orre" presented as anyway, again? Is it "Faraway Place?" If it is the origin I wonder if that's causing issues. I don't have Home premium so I can't test that out. Does anyone have more details?

Specifically, it seems that any Cherish ball pokemon cannot be used in online features.

Don't ask me why, but seems consistent, as all my Cherish ball pokemon are blocked from being used in raids or trades as well (but I can use other pokemon regularly from any gen, being it 1 2 6 or 7)
That's not it. For instance...

I have had no issues at all using Marshadow online in max raid battles, so I don't think cherish ball alone is the culprit here.
I second this. Additionally, I tried using my Play! 2016 Mewtwo, and had no issues. It's only my Eclipse Solgaleo and Lunala that I'm having issues with. (I don't have a shiny Necrozma to test.)

My hypothesis is that, because the event was released quite recently, they had some sort of pre-prepared legality check change that rejected the shiny Light trio, and they forgot to update it when the event was released.

It seems original color Magearna can be obtained :

For what it's worth, I currently have a complete National Dex, and do not have this gift. I am on Android rather than iOS, however.

Last edited:
People actually going so far to look for gotchas they actually got people reading terms and conditions for the first time ever...
To be fair though, the terms and conditions here are significantly shorter than compared to reading the terms and conditions for updating your 3DS, so it’s easier to find gotchas.

For what it's worth, I currently have a complete National Dex, and do not have this gift. I am on Android rather than iOS, however.
Now this is some good ol' fashioned Home nonsense. What could they possibly be doing on the back end to either
1. give the correct magearna
2. give the wrong magearna down to moves
3. not give the magearna at all

side note, it being an Original Color Magearna is nice

Does Original Colour Magearna have the same shiny as standard Magearna, or have we not datamined enough to know yet?
Unlike vanilla Magearna, Original Color Magearna has always had a shiny!

and it's unchanged

Incidentally I think Magearna is one of the few Pokemon that improves with the awful filter-less sterile textures they love using forthings like Go, Let's Go, Home, etc. THe metalic sheen suits it

I take it there have been no updates to the legality check yet? Shiny Lunala, Necrozma still blocked from use online? I don't suppose they'll give an update of when they expect to fix these issues.

For the Magearna, I assume they may release the original color as a special event or form in the future. Thoughts on that?

For the new mythical how long do we typically wait post reveal for a release?

I take it there have been no updates to the legality check yet? Shiny Lunala, Necrozma still blocked from use online? I don't suppose they'll give an update of when they expect to fix these issues.
There's been no movement on it yet, so we don't know if they plan on fixing it, when they plan on fixing it, if it needs an update to SWSH or a back end update, etc.

Since it's effecting recent promotional Pokemon I think they will, but we'll see.
For the Magearna, I assume they may release the original color as a special event or form in the future. Thoughts on that?
Some people are recieving it for completing the national dex, so Original Color does seem to be the intended one but they're...just being really weird about it? Some people aren't getting notificatiosn at all. Who even knows what's going on there or when they'll iron it out. Again they haven't said anything about it, which is annoying.
For the new mythical how long do we typically wait post reveal for a release?
It varies a little but in Japan they usually get it alongside the movie while international audiences has to wait a bit for an in-store. But since they're making a bigger international deal about it this time, who knows, maybe they'll release it ahead of the movie? And also, at the es ame time?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So wait... If they're finally releasing original color Magearna in some form, does that mean all hope isn't lost for AZ Floette?
Eh, maybe?

The thing with Original Color Magearna is that there was really nothing preventing them from releasing it. It's odd they waited this long though it does provide a nice incentive to complete HOME's National Dex.

But Eternal Flower Floetta? It's heavily connected with AZ so, if they were to release one, I would think AZ would have to be involved somehow which is probably what's holding back them distributing it. Honestly Eternal Flower Floette feels like a victim of them not doing Z and rushing to do SM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)