Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

So wait... If they're finally releasing original color Magearna in some form, does that mean all hope isn't lost for AZ Floette?
My guess is that it has the same chance of happening as Zygarde getting time in the spotlight.

If Eternal Floette does ever see the light of day, it's a near guarantee that it will be handled extremely clumsily and without any of the narrative significance it demands.

So wait... If they're finally releasing original color Magearna in some form, does that mean all hope isn't lost for AZ Floette?
I sure hope so. They made the strongest Fairy type move in Light of Ruin, and then gave it to a mon they never planned to release? Very odd.

Also, considering Original Color Magearna is the equivalent of a Shiny, why were we never able to use it in OU in Gen 7, when we can use Shiny Zacian in Gen 8 even though it's shiny locked in game :blobthinking:

I posted about it in the datamine thread, but... it's a little weird.
There's no render for it, it uses a placeholder pokeball icon if you try to view it in switch; that's weirdly very unique to it as what I think are placeholders for partner pikachu/eevee just duplicate the pikachu/eevee renders and there are no placeholders for others older forms like Cosplay Pikachu or Spiky Eared Pichu or even an Egg (something that can't even be placed in bank). There's also no shiny placeholder.
On the other hand, Home is able to import one in from Bank and the Mobile version has its models (both of normal and shiny) & I think instead of using the placeholder icon it just defaults to one of the other Floette renders. Light of Ruin is also not one of the hard-retired moves in SWSH, instead just soft-retired like Judgement etc are

The most pessimistic scenario is they decided at the last minute to just not bother with it, but didn't full scrape it out. The optimistic scenario is it was jsut low-priority since it doesn't "officially" exist.
We'll probably know for sure when Flabebe is added to the games (whenever that might be), since USUM went out of its way to give a Eternal Floette render AND unique dex entry.

Eh, maybe?

The thing with Original Color Magearna is that there was really nothing preventing them from releasing it. It's odd they waited this long though it does provide a nice incentive to complete HOME's National Dex.

But Eternal Flower Floetta? It's heavily connected with AZ so, if they were to release one, I would think AZ would have to be involved somehow which is probably what's holding back them distributing it. Honestly Eternal Flower Floette feels like a victim of them not doing Z and rushing to do SM.
My guess is that it has the same chance of happening as Zygarde getting time in the spotlight.

If Eternal Floette does ever see the light of day, it's a near guarantee that it will be handled extremely clumsily and without any of the narrative significance it demands.
Side note but you guys are far more optimistic than me that they would give this thing a lore reason for joining you and not just being Come to a store or download off wi-fi now, the Floette that belonged to AZ! It has strange powers exclusive to it and is quite strong!! Use it's signature move, Light of Ruin, to devestate the competition! And then the website would give a little extra lore about it.
Basically a slightly more interesting version of what they did with the Fancy & Pokeball patterned Vivillon.

Last edited:
I take it there have been no updates to the legality check yet? Shiny Lunala, Necrozma still blocked from use online? I don't suppose they'll give an update of when they expect to fix these issues.
Last time there was an issue like this, it wasn't fixed until there was another shiny of the same Pokemon (Jirachi) released. I won't be surprised if we're waiting until the Crown Tundra comes out and it's possible to get these shinies naturally.

I posted about it in the datamine thread, but... it's a little weird.
There's no render for it, it uses a placeholder pokeball icon if you try to view it in switch; that's weirdly very unique to it as what I think are placeholders for partner pikachu/eevee just duplicate the pikachu/eevee renders and there are no placeholders for others older forms like Cosplay Pikachu or Spiky Eared Pichu or even an Egg (something that can't even be placed in bank). There's also no shiny placeholder.
On the other hand, Home is able to import one in from Bank and the Mobile version has its models (both of normal and shiny) & I think instead of using the placeholder icon it just defaults to one of the other Floette renders. Light of Ruin is also not one of the hard-retired moves in SWSH, instead just soft-retired like Judgement etc are

The most pessimistic scenario is they decided at the last minute to just not bother with it, but didn't full scrape it out. The optimistic scenario is it was jsut low-priority since it doesn't "officially" exist.
We'll probably know for sure when Flabebe is added to the games (whenever that might be), since USUM went out of its way to give a Eternal Floette render AND unique dex entry.
I wouldn't read too much into it for now.

Remember, one thing they've been consistent with is maintaining "ID# data" so to say.
Moves, items, pokemon, they've kept the IDs even for deleted ones going forward in games (remember the actual item list present in swsh has still stuff from gen 4 and 5 mechanics that is unused since then, even Z-crystals and the likes?)
It's sorta-okay programming practice in order to keep portability and data-format going forward and don't risk weird incompatibilities in the future (since even after all the "dexit" scandal, in the end they are sticking with near-100% portability), both for the pokemon themselves and code.

Thus, the presence of a unreleased yet previously programmed pokemon in the data doesn't "really" mean anything. It could be there just so it doesn't break the code, as well as them still being planning to release it.

Fun interesting fact: Pokemon Home actually has a passable hackcheck for cloned Pokemon.

Once a Pokemon hits Home (in any way) it gets assigned a personal ID, and if multiple of a pokemon with the same id are detected, the system will delete the extra copies.

While a still avoidable hack prevention, I'm amused they at least tryed this time to limit the cloning spam.

Fun interesting fact: Pokemon Home actually has a passable hackcheck for cloned Pokemon.

Once a Pokemon hits Home (in any way) it gets assigned a personal ID, and if multiple of a pokemon with the same id are detected, the system will delete the extra copies.

While a still avoidable hack prevention, I'm amused they at least tryed this time to limit the cloning spam.
This wouldn't prevent clones from being transferred to Home from, say, Bank, right? Or clones that are made before ever entering Home? Just ones that enter Home and are cloned after that point.

This wouldn't prevent clones from being transferred to Home from, say, Bank, right? Or clones that are made before ever entering Home? Just ones that enter Home and are cloned after that point.
You're correct.
Clones coming from Bank are assigned different "ids" and count as different pokemon.

However, pokemon cloned *after* having hit Home will risk deletion if multiple are found on same Home account.

Some people are recieving it for completing the national dex, so Original Color does seem to be the intended one but they're...just being really weird about it? Some people aren't getting notificatiosn at all. Who even knows what's going on there or when they'll iron it out. Again they haven't said anything about it, which is annoying.
Sounds like in some update we'll get them in SWSD, hopefully.

Very disappointed about the Lunala/Necrozma situation. Just got them for Sun/Moon so recently to. Well hopefully they roll an update for that out real quick. I think I'll stop getting my hopes up for a quick fix though. :(

I wouldn't read too much into it for now.

Remember, one thing they've been consistent with is maintaining "ID# data" so to say.
Moves, items, pokemon, they've kept the IDs even for deleted ones going forward in games (remember the actual item list present in swsh has still stuff from gen 4 and 5 mechanics that is unused since then, even Z-crystals and the likes?)
It's sorta-okay programming practice in order to keep portability and data-format going forward and don't risk weird incompatibilities in the future (since even after all the "dexit" scandal, in the end they are sticking with near-100% portability), both for the pokemon themselves and code.

Thus, the presence of a unreleased yet previously programmed pokemon in the data doesn't "really" mean anything. It could be there just so it doesn't break the code, as well as them still being planning to release it.
And that's fine for things like Light of Ruin still being listed in the code, but I think it is at least worth of a brow raise that Eternal Floette is in a partially removed state in Home.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
And that's fine for things like Light of Ruin still being listed in the code, but I think it is at least worth of a brow raise that Eternal Floette is in a partially removed state in Home.
Could maybe in a "will they, won't they" state. Right now they don't have plans to have it so no need to render an image for it, but they may in the future distribute it so have all the data for it in which is a copy & paste job. Also they could distribute Light of Ruin as its own thing, like I can see Xerneas and Magearna naturally learning it (and it's not like Light of Ruin is this OP move, it does half damage recoil so using it comes with a cost; thus if they can justify it I don't see why it couldn't become like a Tutor move).

Could maybe in a "will they, won't they" state. Right now they don't have plans to have it so no need to render an image for it, but they may in the future distribute it so have all the data for it in which is a copy & paste job. Also they could distribute Light of Ruin as its own thing, like I can see Xerneas and Magearna naturally learning it (and it's not like Light of Ruin is this OP move, it does half damage recoil so using it comes with a cost; thus if they can justify it I don't see why it couldn't become like a Tutor move).
Wellll they could but they'd probably need to alter the description
Drawing power from the Eternal Flower, the user fires a powerful beam of light. This also damages the user quite a lot.

Is Serebii correct so far with the confirmed list of returning Pokemon for Isle of Armor?

This list.

Nidoking, Nidoqueen and Crobat are coming with the 2nd DLC more or less confirmed?

Know the lists aren't complete, just trying to narrow down which ones are coming first.

Is Serebii correct so far with the confirmed list of returning Pokemon for Isle of Armor?

This list.

Nidoking, Nidoqueen and Crobat are coming with the 2nd DLC more or less confirmed?

Know the lists aren't complete, just trying to narrow down which ones are coming first.
The official webpage has these images, which if they're not supposed to indicate which Pokémon are coming in which DLC pack... well, to be honest, Game Freak has been worse at communicating things before but it definitely seems we're getting nidos and bat in tundra.

As of a couple hours ago, Home's GTS now silently filters out any requests asking for mythicals (including Phione), so you don't have to scroll through noise-ridden pages where one request after another is completely useless and unfulfillable no matter what Pokemon you have. It's still possible to have unfulfillable requests that show up (such as Greninja Lv1-10), it just requires more effort and thought than blindly picking Meltan or Phione all the time.

Though... man. Home's on its 6th version and this whole Magearna thing still makes no sense.
It seems that the requirement is simply having full pokedex, however whatever detection GF is using isn't fully working just yet.

My personal guess is since several pokemon have multiple "forms" that share dex number but are in fact different pokemon in the data, some of their checks on this are still off.

It seems that the requirement is simply having full pokedex, however whatever detection GF is using isn't fully working just yet.

My personal guess is since several pokemon have multiple "forms" that share dex number but are in fact different pokemon in the data, some of their checks on this are still off.
Thats an interesting idea. Might be checking for the first in the listing so itd be things like male normal pikachu or spring deerling or standard versions of regional pokemon

Thats an interesting idea. Might be checking for the first in the listing so itd be things like male normal pikachu or spring deerling or standard versions of regional pokemon
I'm mostly thinking of regional forms, multiform pokemon like Vivillion and Sawsbuck, event-unique mons like Ash-Pikachu, Dusk Lycanroc and Ash-Greninja, things like those.
Home itself after all *does* have separate entries for each form.

I've completed the Pokedex today and no Magearna ! Glad I found Zacian against a Zazamenta (with the fix of no Mythical / Legendaries stupid requests)

serebii said:
We may have been able to determine a way to get around the potential glitch that may be preventing Original Color Magearna appearing as a gift in Pokémon HOME. If you meet the criterea of having a complete National Pokédex in HOME and it doesn't appear, you can make it appear by first shifting every Pokémon in each box 1 box to the left on the Switch version, check for gifts on the Mobile version and, if it's not there, move them back 1 box to the right on the Switch and check the gifts in the App. This seems to only work if you have a full Living Pokédex: All 890 Pokémon in HOME. In our tests, we have managed to get the Magearna but this is obviously a quickfix. We're still hoping for a full fix and will post when we get further news
Pokemon Company please just issue a statement avout this my crops are rotating

As of a couple hours ago, Home's GTS now silently filters out any requests asking for mythicals (including Phione), so you don't have to scroll through noise-ridden pages where one request after another is completely useless and unfulfillable no matter what Pokemon you have. It's still possible to have unfulfillable requests that show up (such as Greninja Lv1-10), it just requires more effort and thought than blindly picking Meltan or Phione all the time.
That would explain why my en masse trade requests for Zacian are finally moving.

I’ve had more obviously hacked Zacian than legitimate, so grats to GF for another impeccable hack check system.

Last edited:
Confirming that the fix proposed on Serebii worked for me and I have the Original Colour Magearna. I assume that it does this because it checks for each individual Pokemon being moved into a slot in Home, and doesn't count Bank as a method of moving it into the slot for some reason.

Unlocking it also shows the unused dex entries from gen 7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)