Tea Party itt.

That Abra scared me shitless and I laughed.

THAT DESUKAN IS AWESOME and yes hitomoshi is adorable. c: You're better than I am at actual proportions for sure (I could never draw Desukan especially like that).

CONGRATS. :>

Omg update.

I recently had an idea of doing a dex for my home country, New Zealand. So here are the starters:

part 1 part 2

Grass line is based off various plants (flax being the main one), which is what the "hair" is supposed to be. The final stage's body and limbs are actually the kauri tree, which is a native NZ tree (I know you can't tell without colour), and there's a Maori warriorish theme that develops throughout the evolution chain. Grass -> Grass -> Grass/Fighting.

Water line is Hector's dolphin, then pilot whale, then right whale; all stylised with Maori-style tattoos to prevent them from being too generic. The thing on the final form's head is supposed to be an iceberg. Water -> Water -> Water/Ice.

Fire line starts off as a gecko and ends as a tuatara, with the middle stage being a mixture of the two (I hope). Honestly this was the best idea I got for a Fire type, since NZ isn't really a place of heat much if at all. Fire -> Fire -> Fire/Dragon.

I plan on doing a few more and perhaps even a full dex if motivation doesn't give up on me. If any NZ users want to pitch in ideas as to some animals I could base stuff off then go nuts and I'll try to use your ideas.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like this idea

A Ground-type Kiwi Pokemon sounds good
or if that's too obvious, how about a Fighting/Flying Pokemon based on the kea
Also maybe a Bug/Fighting weta Pokemon

I was going to do a Ground/Flying kiwi, and a kea and weta are definitely going to be used. A Fighting type kea would be interesting; I was initially thinking of Ice for a secondary typing since they live in the mountains but that's sorta boring. Psychic could work too I guess since they're clever fucks. I like Bug/Fighting weta too, but tbh there are heaps of typings a weta could have (Dark, Ground).

I think I'll draw the regional "rat" and bird next. May have them done tomorrow or the next day.

EDIT: OR TODAY?

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp78/otaku-dono/Doodles/nzdexrat.png

Normal through and through. Tried to make them as fluffy as I could, and the wool is shaped in curls because of the koru. Final stage was supposed to be somewhat badass but idk I'm not so good at badass. Oh and I fucked up the middle stage's left eye due to my shaky hand when I outline stuff, which is why it looks derpy.

NZ dex on standstill because I was out of my drawing mood, but I have a couple of things yet to scan. If anybody cares.

AND THIS

THE MANLIEST CHILLARMY

I'll probably ink and perhaps even colour it. o:

someone is going to give me shit about making a reference to a user i dont know but your ekans picture made me think of user stoner chris.

this post is a worthless post because your art makes me speechless

teacup manaphy = major want (in other words, could you make a teacup Manaphy? Thanks!).

maybe a psyduck equivalent (the retarded derpy one) as a kakapo!!
Now that is an idea.

And I did those requests, one I am happy with and the other not so much but hopefully they are ok!

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry for not responding earlier; Dialga is amazing, not as cute as Groudon, but I really like it.

Do you mind if I use Dialga as an avatar?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
That's weird. I assumed that it was a teacup on Dialga's head. Looks good though, although I realise that the eye seems to have 'run' a bit.

Define "run".

Ooh look I finally scanned some NZ dex stuff:

Birds are based off a duckling progressing into an albatross, and the bugs are based off slaters.

Someone on another forum requested this. >_<;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)