Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

Update just came out! However if you have shitty-ass internet like me you missed the small timeframe where Valve servers weren't suddenly overloaded with downloads.
Something like "Steam servers were too busy to handle your request"

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I have to wait until my first day of college is over to play. I'm so excited!

By the way, set your download region to Ukraine for the next update. I was pulling 1 MB download speeds pretty much the whole time!

I use Iceland/Greenland :D

But yeah, played for about an hour this morning after waiting an hour to find a server. To be expected but still sucked. Was quite underwhelmed with it all tbh..the ticket thing to get the hats/miscs sucks.. yes it's optional but HATS. Gameplay-wise, all the bots do is just run in a straight line from their "hill" towards your base / bomb.. and Scottish Resistance Demo just cleans house. Probably more fun to be had in other classes and with a group of friends.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
With tons of lagging, a glitch that managed to let us pass wave 1 (lol) and waiting about an hour to get it, I have to say that was pretty fucking awesome.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
So I played it with comatthew and dan dan, and let me tell you, it felt scary for like, the first few minutes. I dunno, I haven't played games with waves in a long time.

Though playing as an Engi will probably be really fun. I only played Pyro, and it's fun sneaking up on the robots as they jump to the field

I take back what I said yesterday.. after playing for a good couple of hours with Danmire, comatthew, penguin, ben and some others I must say that it was a lot of fun. We only played the boot camp free mode, but completed 2 maps?

I was Engi for the first and it was the funnest engi experience I've had in a long time. The Auto-build sentry is an awesome thing - picking it up and running back to follow that giant heavy that got away all while avoiding that damn sentry buster was arguably more fun than gunslinger engi. A couple times I got completeley overrun but with the Power Canteen - Quick Upgrade thing you can get set up again extremely quickly. 2nd map I played Direct Hit soldier... that thing is crazy. Max reload speed, max clip size, 2 damage upgrades.. If you can aim, everything is going down in 2 hits.

I also picked up 5 tour ticket things last night, if anyone wants one let me know and we can have a go at the real thing tonight?

If you're confused about how the ticket works, I just found this which helped clear some stuff up.:

tf2 is just awesome, i want to play this so bad, i need a new PC though, for now i'm stick to project blackout eh

Okay, so the new update came out, and boy oh boy how the economy exploded! Fall crates contain brand-spanking-new items, including pocket animals, new hats, and a whole bunch of goodies!

Fall crate keys cost 2.49 in the mann co store, and are sold at about 2 keys each (sold mine for a key + pink clean warsworn helmet). I don't have the list yet, but I did find a koala for the sniper and a kitty cat for the engi!

The war pig is a very sexy hat probably going to be worth a lot my friend sold his for 4 keys.

Been trying to get my hands on Professor Speks as of late. If anyone hasn't used their reference for going premium add me on steam. I haven't used mine either and think a trade off would be fair. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)