Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

This is my first time posting here so I hope this is formatted correctly.
  1. Operating system: Windows OS
  2. Web Browser: Google Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers?: I've tried Firefox and the problem is evident there as well.
  4. When did this problem start?: Since I started using Pokemon Showdown.
  5. Your PS username: FameScheisse
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.): My login for here (Scheisse) does not seem to work for PS. It says the username is already registered. When I enter the (verified) correct forum-side password, it continually says Wrong Password, rendering my forum name useless. I don't know and was not told if this is intentional and PS is meant to have a different username than the forum or not.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
This is my first time posting here so I hope this is formatted correctly.
  1. Operating system: Windows OS
  2. Web Browser: Google Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers?: I've tried Firefox and the problem is evident there as well.
  4. When did this problem start?: Since I started using Pokemon Showdown.
  5. Your PS username: FameScheisse
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.): My login for here (Scheisse) does not seem to work for PS. It says the username is already registered. When I enter the (verified) correct forum-side password, it continually says Wrong Password, rendering my forum name useless. I don't know and was not told if this is intentional and PS is meant to have a different username than the forum or not.
This is intentional. PS and Smogon accounts are separate and have no relation. Owning one PS account does not correlate to owning that Smogon account, or vice versa.

This is intentional. PS and Smogon accounts are separate and have no relation. Owning one PS account does not correlate to owning that Smogon account, or vice versa.
Thank you for letting me know. In that case, I assume registration on PS and there alone means that the password system will work.

Also, would it be possible to switch someone's PS and forum usernames to each other?

1629059649827.png
every time I try to EV something it always just instamaxes all of them without showing it on the text boxes leading to this weird effect and I have to do some meandering to set them back to normal

• Operating system: windows
  • Web Browser (with version, if you know it): chrome
  • Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?: not yet
  • When did this problem start?: in the same day i posted this
  • Your PS username: tritonzon
  • And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).: this is it and i cant and i cant exit the teambuilder/battles cuz of it
edit: the problem stopped for some reason

Screenshot (113).png

Last edited:
  • Operating system: android
  • Web Browser (with version, if you know it): chrome
  • Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?: nope
  • When did this problem start?: Around 3 months
  • Your PS username: megagarchompgood
  • And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).: When I try to join a room tour the screen glitches out and the join button is not visible.i will provide a screenshot to show what exactly happens

Attachments

Last edited:
Not sure if this belongs here, but it's something I should be able to do that I'm not able to do.
  1. Windows
  2. Chrome
  3. No
  4. August 20, 2021
  5. dot Comfey
  6. On the date that I specified, the character \u3164 was banned from usernames. I used this character before it got banned that day and somehow, it got into my login name (see /user dot Comfey) and whenever I disconnect from the server, I get an error saying that my username contains a banned word. Typing in my username with the regular space allows me to connect to the server again. It would be helpful if I could easily reconnect to the server after disconnecting due to something like bad internet without having to always enter my username. So, is it possible for me to somehow remove that character from my login name, or can some technical admin fix that?
mia edit: log in and use /trn [new name] to remove the char.
-- :charizard-gmax:

1. Windows 10
2. Google Chrome
3. my issue is on chrome only i tried microsoft edge and it worked.
4. A few days ago
5. J-Money Thunder.
Showdown chat does not seem to work on chrome. I was on showdown one day and a slider popped up beside chat, and I thought it was for something in showdown and used it. Now when I am on chrome, i cannot chat, but i can on Microsoft edge. I do not know if this is an error with my chrome element and showdown or with chrome in general and showdown. I reset my elements to make sure everything was normal but it did not work.

Attachments

1) Windows 10
2) Firefox 92.0.1 64-bit
3) Problem does not occur in Edge
4) Unknown, but past few weeks generally
5) MalachiteOW
6) Connecting to other servers (namely sports.psim.us) only results in the "Couldn't connect to server!" box. Retrying does not fix, Retrying with HTTP does not work - the browser does not switch to HTTP. Can still connect to teambuilder and use it fully. Have tried refreshing firefox, reinstalling, disabling extensions and add-ons, and website data; none of which have worked. Regular showdown server works perfectly.

1. iOS 9.3.5 (13G36) on a MD328C/A (apparently third-generation) iPad
  2. Safari, apparently also version 9.3.5
  3. Problem does not occur on my Android smartphone or my Windows 8 laptop. Problem does not occur on TrashChannel and/or showdown-afd.psim.us. A more severe version of the problem occurs on my iPod Touch, which I believe is even older than my iPad.
  4. I only found I had the problem this morning when using my iPad to access Pokemon Showdown online. My iPad version of Showdown was working last night.
  5. Lectrys
  6. On loading the HTTPS version of Showdown on my iPad, I get no "Initializing" messages at first, and I get "Couldn't connect to server!" On loading the HTTP version of Showdown with "Retry with HTTP", I can get "Initializing" messages again, and I get what appears to be a normal screen except the "Loading..." never disappears from the login button. Attempts to log in from there (e.g. by attempting to Random Battle) lead to the username dialog disappearing after I "Choose name", as if logging in is unresponsive. I can still access other Showdown rooms from there, though, and they are kept on subsequent HTTP refreshes.
    Private Browsing Mode on Safari gives the same results as above. Neither restarting my iPad nor Safari have helped. Logging in through TrashChannel has not helped. Deleting my pokemonshowdown.com data in my Safari settings has not helped. My teambuilder was OK at first after deleting my pokemonshowdown.com data, but a few minutes later while switching between HTTPS and HTTP, both my HTTPS room tabs and my teambuilder contents disappeared, and going to TrashChannel did not restore my teambuilder (unlike with my smartphone).

Last edited:

zReptar

formerly LT83AQ Lou
1. Mac OS X
2. Chrome
2. The problem does not seem to happen on my windows 10 or my tablet.
4. found out it was not working yesterday at arround 2:27
5. LT83AQ Lou
6. Connecting to other servers only results in the "Couldn't connect to server!" box as well. Retrying does not fix, Retrying with HTTP does not work - the browser does switch to HTTP it opens everything else but the login. Can still connect to teambuilder and use it fully. Have tried refreshing chrome, reinstalling, disabling extensions and add-ons, and website data; none of which have worked. Regular showdown servers do the same thing.

AaravZeus678

I COULD BE BANNED!
  1. Windows 7
  2. Google Chrome
  3. I've also tried Edge. The same thing happens.
  4. Yesterday Night
  5. AaravZeus678
  6. It is showing unable to connect to the server. Checked and it is just me, the server is up. Click connect with HTTP is also not working.

1. Windows 7
  2. Google Chrome
  3. I've also tried Edge,Fire Fox Internet Explorer . The same thing happens.
  4. Friday Night
  5. Yash_0987
  6. It is showing unable to connect to the server.. Click connect with HTTP is also not working but when i tried with my phone it is working and in laptop it is not working idk how.

1633444225995.png
1633444252797.png
this Happened First I can't Connect to the server,then i tried the HTTP one and it worked but the thing is the Username never loaded and i still can see the chat
Windows 7 |Browser:chrome|when: 10/5/2021|username: Mybrodeletemyname|
The Other PC that i used still working as normal but this one was just different Hope PS can fix this ;-;

View attachment 376149View attachment 376150this Happened First I can't Connect to the server,then i tried the HTTP one and it worked but the thing is the Username never loaded and i still can see the chat
The Other PC that i used still working as normal but this one was just different Hope PS can fix this ;-;
I am having the same exact problem on mac. I think the certificate to their website has expired, as that could be the main problem. This happened a couple days ago as well. User:CommandoRed

I am having the same exact problem on mac. I think the certificate to their website has expired, as that could be the main problem. This happened a couple days ago as well. User:CommandoRed
Yeah, in retrospect, I think this is a certificate problem as well for regular Pokemon Showdown. I cannot access Pokepaste (and Music Stack Exchange) on my iPad either due to more obvious certificate problems (the error message I get for both websites replaces the web page and is "Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server"). Switching the date and time on my iPad back and forth did not fix that problem.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
this Happened First I can't Connect to the server,then i tried the HTTP one and it worked but the thing is the Username never loaded and i still can see the chat
I'm also having this problem currently but only with SmogTours on Firefox(93.0). [Windows 10] Main works on Firefox, and SmogTours works on Edge, so I'm not sure it's a security certificate problem. I only took notice today because I'm tourney prepping after not playing for a long while.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I'm also having this problem currently but only with SmogTours on Firefox(93.0). [Windows 10] Main works on Firefox, and SmogTours works on Edge, so I'm not sure it's a security certificate problem. I only took notice today because I'm tourney prepping after not playing for a long while.
Known issue with a firefox update, were looking into it.
The cert is not expired, we just renewed it recently. What browser are you using?

1. Mac OS X El Capitan
2. Google Chrome
3. Tried Safari; same issue arises
4. Not sure. My first time logging in for a while on my Mac. (perhaps 2-3 weeks) However, I have been using a Chromebook for several days without issues.
5. vtpham
6. When I go on the site, the message "Couldn't connect to server!" appears. Pressing retry will reiterate the message while pressing retry with HTTP will allow only limited functions on the site. Can't log in. You can view Ladder, Teambuilder, and rooms, but cannot interact with said rooms.

Another thing I find odd; I can't access pokepast.es, as it's not secure enough (won't even let me bypass), and I had to bypass "Not Secure" on Smogon Forums to even get in. (cert is deemed invalid for both websites)

certificate issue with Let's Encrypt

Last edited:
Well, now PSIM suddenly starts to work for me, but is Not Secure. I inspected the website and found an error before it worked again. It was something along the lines of ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID. I don't exactly recall the exact details, sorry. (however, when I checked PSIM beforehand, it was secure and the cert was valid)

Known issue with a firefox update, were looking into it.

The cert is not expired, we just renewed it recently. What browser are you using?
It's still not working, a week later. Both Chrome and Safari not working. Even tried installing the actual pokemon showdown app and it still pops up the error. Really don't know what to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)