The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
should be a 2-0 home win at old trafford.
and hopefully an away win at stamford bridge, because that would be stupidly funny

I'll take that every one will be watching Liverpool and Man U eh?

Betting on Man U, although it should be close.

If Chelsea loses I am gonna....I don't know.

Scholes, Drogba, Terry, Malouda, please do well. I need points fast.

Beautiful derbies today.

Feyenoord - Ajax 1-2
Schalke 04 - Borrussia Dortmund 1-3
Manchester United - Liverpool FC 3-2

"DE KLASSIEKER."

I watched Feyenoord - Ajax today on TV. Nice match.

Ajax was 70 minutes better, Feyenoord 20 minutes. Ajax was the deserved winner. There were no Ajax supporters in De Kuip, because of supporter/hooligan trouble supporters of the visiting club aren't allowed during Ajax - Feyenoord and Feyenoord - Ajax. Unfortunately, in the Netherlands police isn't as strict as in Britain.

Ajax had a surprising starting lineup: Rasmus Lindgren replaced Netherlands international Demy de Zeeuw as right defensive midfielder, who is playing terrible for the last half year. Also, Miralem Sulejmani replaced the out-of-form left winger Urby Emanuelson.

Just before half time, Siem de Jong made 0-1: A free kick of Miralem Sulejmani reached Feyenoord-defender Stefan de Vrij, who gave an accidental "assist" on the head of De Jong, who scored. After rest, central striker Mounir El Hamdaoui and right winger Luis Suárez both hit the woodwork. 10 minutes after rest, Suárez gave a great pass to El Hamdaoui, who stayed cool and scored a nice goal: 0-2. In the last minutes Feyenoord tried to make the result better, which resulted in the 1-2: Feyenoord defender André Bahia scored with a good header after a corner.

After that, there were small fights between players: Feyenoord winger Georginio Wijnaldum and Ajax right back Gregory van der Wiel both got a yellow card after a row. Bahia gave Suárez two elbows and escaped from a red card because the referee wasn't exactly Ajax supporter. In the last 15 minutes, there were 4 yellow cards and no more goals. Especially how slow Sulejmani walked to the dug-out when he got substituted for Urby Emanuelson was hilarious, he got yellow when he almost reached the dugout for wasting time, trying to hold the 1-2 lead. Ajax got a deserved win and three players are closer to a suspension with yellow cards.

It was nice to see Luis Suárez. It is a miracle he's still playing in the Mickey Mouse League (that's how the Eredivisie is called by Dutch football experts because of the low niveau compared to the bigger competitions in Germany, Italy, France, Spain and England). He has shown on the World Championship (3 goals, 2 assists and a "save" against Ghana) and the prerounds CL (3 goals, 1 assists) he's able to do well on higher level than the Eredivisie. But he wants to stay at Ajax. Hopefully he will stay some more years, but I'm afraid he's gone in the winter. He only wants to leave Ajax for Manchester United or his child dream Barcelona. He'll never go to Real Madrid because of that. If he ever leaves, he wants to finish his career in Amsterdam.

It's stupid he is a striker with Uruguay, he's the best on the right wing.

Hopefully Nicolás Lodeiro recovers soon from his broken metatarsal he got on the World Championship (against Ghana). A good left winger is needed, Eriksen is more of an attacking midfielder, and Sulejmani and Emanuelson are terrible. Lodeiro is an attacking midfielder too, but he actually can play good on the wings unlike Eriksen, who sucks on the wings and is good on the attacking midfielder position. Lodeiro is miltifunctional.

Because of this, Ajax is currently #1 in the Netherlands, while Feyenoord got down to a disappointing #10 spot.

Shortly summarized.

0-1 De Jong
0-2 El Hamdaoui
1-2 Bahia

Ajax lineup.

4-2-3-1

---------------El Hamdaoui-------------------
--Sulejmani------De Jong------------Suárez--
---------------Enoh--Lindgren----------------
--Anita--Vertonghen--Alderweireld--V/D Wiel--
---------------Stekelenburg------------------

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Great week for fantasy , 73 points meaning i will hopefully not be in last place for the entire season after entering week 3.

liverpool scored 2 2 many goals then they deserved.
berbatov scored 3 though. also liverpool were lucky to have 11 for most of the match, there was a sneaky deliberate handball on the line to try and stop berbatovs first goal.

i'm tempted.. then they would all turn rubbish
got 39 points last week thanks to yaya toure, Ferreira and kalou
anyway
used my wildcard

foster
craddock, neslen, ferreira, vidic, upson
Lampard, delap, nani, yaya toure
berbatov, carrol

so many blue stars but getting nowhere so brought in berbatov and nani :D

btw berbatov is now a hero :D scoring 2 against scousers makes you liked, but 3 :D

Top 4 predictions in the competitions I follow.

Eredivisie

1 FC Twente
2 Ajax
3 PSV
4 FC Utrecht

Premier League

1 Manchester United
2 Chelsea
3 Arsenal
4 Liverpool

Bundesliga

1 Bayern München
2 Hamburger SV
3 Schalke 04
4 Werder Bremen

Serie A

1 Juventus
2 AC Milan
3 Internazionale
4 AS Roma

Primera Division

1 FC Barcelona
2 Real Madrid
3 Atlético Madrid
4 Valencia

Damn, looks like I'll have to dump Fabregas for now =/ BERBATOV!

and no way Liverpool will be 4th if they play like they are now, and I'm putting the bets on Chelsea. CMON ARSENAL WIN SOMETHING

I think you guys are overlooking the fact that Liverpool had one of the most difficult league starts of the season. Liverpool have already faced very strong squads such as Man United, Man City and Arsenal, so don't rule them out so early.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I knew Liverpool vs Man U was gonna be one hell of a match even when Liverpool isnt at the top anymore, Berbatov is a fucking beast, goal of the year anyone????

Also fuck you Ujfalusi, 2 mins to end the damn game and you fucking do that to Messi, 2 games isnt enough...

if they want to finish 4th they should have more then 5 points from 5 games, regardless

and its carling cup day.
burnley 1-0 bolton
brentford 1-1 everton(4-3 pens)
2 prem teams gone to lower leaguers

no carling cup for liverpool, they did one better then everton's penalty loss to leage one brentford... and lost on penaltys to league two northamton lol
chelsea 3-4 newcastle
west brom 2-1 man city

so man utd, arsenal and villa are the only teams with a chance of winning this cup left lol

Liverpool vs Manchester United tomorrow

I'm going to enjoy watching Liverpool demolishing Man U so much =)

lol Liverpool pwn'd by Northampton. I watched the Man Utd match tonight. MOTM was Smalling for me. Gibson scored a great goal, Owen was impressive and showed that he still has pace and finishing with his first goal. Macheda needs to stop being lazy and learn to stay onside. Bebe had a short cameo but he looked very comfortable on the ball, tall, pacy and strong. Very good raw attributes he's got there to succeed.

and 2 injures for chelsea, one of which is kalou which will be a miss.
got to 3-3 with the worlds softest penalty so newcastle added time goal was justice imo.

liverpool for religation? :P

Today: Man City vs Chelsea

Should be interesting. I'm thinking that the goals will be coming in good yay.

Betting on somewhere around 4-6th place finish for Liverpool, they may be fail at times, but we are looking at quality players there people. October is also a fairly easy month for them, with Everton being their strongest opponent.

Top games this week.

HSV - Werder Bremen

FC Twente - Ajax

Fulham - Everton
Manchester City - Chelsea

AC Milan - Genoa
AS Roma - Internazionale

Athletic Bilbao - FC Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)