The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

norulz

excellent
Apart from Messi, everyone from Barca is a cunt. Seriously, Messi was probably the only person who didn't get involved in any fracas or whining
you probably didn't see messi when he was on the ground elbowing a rm player

and dani alves should be on tv he's clearly got the acting skills

you probably didn't see messi when he was on the ground elbowing a rm player

and dani alves should be on tv he's clearly got the acting skills
Not only Dani Alves but Busquets also deserves the light spot, seriously the guy deserves to be on a theater.
There was a time when Marcelo totally block him and took the ball with nothing at all and trying to counter atack, he (Marcelo) just use the body like in every contact sport, after seeing that, Busquets immediately put the hands on his left eye trying to simulate something. Really?

I think he did the same on the copa del rey finals and made someone get a yellow IIRC.

EDIT:To Phadunk below, thanks exactly my point.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
anyone think there's any mileage to Jose Mourinho's conspiracy theories about Barcelona being dirty cheats?

Wor Jose said:
"One day," Mourinho said, pointedly using the Barcelona coach's full name, "I would like Josep Guardiola to win this competition properly." That was a reference to the controversial semi-final victory of Guardiola's team over Chelsea en route to their triumph in 2009.Mourinho, who has had a player sent off in all four meetings with Barcelona this season and with Internazionale in last season's semi-final, said that he did not want to say what he "really thinks" because he feared a life ban but he did insist he felt "disgusted" to be working in football. In the end there was little holding back. The accusation was hardly a veiled one.

Mourinho claimed his red card and that handed to Pepe were unjustified and that this was not the first time Barcelona's opponents have been singled out for unfair punishment. He reeled off a list of referees whom he said had "favoured" the Catalan side, pointing an accusing finger at those who he sees as engaged in a pro‑Barça conspiracy. He insisted that the evidence is unavoidable and asked: "Why?"

"If I tell Uefa what I really think and feel, my career would end now," Mourinho said. "Instead I will just ask a question to which I hope one day to get a response: Why? Why? Why Ovrebo? Why Busacca? Why De Bleeckere? Why Stark? Why? Because every semi-final the same things happen. We are talking about an absolutely fantastic football team, so why do they need that? Why? Why does a team as good as they are need something [extra] that is so obvious that everyone sees it?

"Why Ovrebo [two] years ago [when the Norwegian referee did not give Chelsea a series of penalties against Barcelona]? Why couldn't Chelsea go to the final? Last year it was a miracle that Inter got there playing with 10 men for so long. A miracle. Why weren't there four penalties against Chelsea [in 2009]? Why send off [Arsenal's Robin] Van Persie [in the last 16]? Where does their power come from?

"It could have been 0-0 tonight, but then suddenly we are down to 10 men and they have a free path to find solutions that they could not find before then: we could have played for three hours and they would not have scored. But today we have seen that it is not difficult – it is impossible.

"The question," Mourinho continued, "is why? I don't know if it is the Unicef sponsorship or if it is because they are nice guys. I don't understand. Congratulations to Barcelona on being a great team and congratulations for all the other stuff you have which must be very hard to achieve. They have power and we have no chance. Chelsea had bans for Drogba and Bosingwa; Wenger and Nasri were banned for Arsenal; me today. I don't know why. All I can do is leave that question here in the air and hope that one day I will get the response. They have to get to the final, and they'll get there, full stop."

"Josep Guardiola is a fantastic coach," he said, "but I have won two Champions Leagues. He has won [only] one Champions League and that is one that would embarrass me. I would be ashamed to have won it with the scandal of Stamford Bridge and, if he wins it this year, it will be with the scandal of the Bernabéu. I hope that one day he can win a proper Champions League. Deep down, if they are good people, it cannot taste right for them. I hope one day Guardiola has the chance of winning a brilliant, clean championship with no scandal."
On the one hand he's a pretty smart guy and there's no smoke without fire etc etc etc. On the other hand, he's a little melodramatic and something of a sore loser. Still, interesting stuff.

norulz

excellent
i'd be a sore loser too if my player got sent off without even touching the opponent

i mean

we can all see (from the link phadunk posted) that busquets was clearly trying to fake an assault against him mid-game (didn't he do the EXACT same thing last year against inter?)

add that to the list of questionable calls the referee made during this (and the other) match(es) and you're supposed to just sit there and take it?

mourinho speaks, and maybe a bit too much, but it's frustrating to see a team of superstars still need a 12th element to be able to win a champions league game properly.

DC.

Eu estou aqui
lol everyone knows uefa steals for barca every time no news there. stupid bs, mourinho hasnt finished a game with 11 players against barca in over 1,5 years.

Barca are dirty flouncing cheats, but Real aren't any better. I think he's just trying to fuck with Pep's head, really. Mourinho deserved to go one man down that match - Adebayor was a straight red

adebayor was hilarious though :3

but I just dislike pedro and busquets for diving too much and alves for getting off the stretcher after a sec after leaving the pitch. so I'm with mourinho here tbh

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
its the spanish game, floundering around is a massive part of it. after watching that, anyone who tries to say la liga is better than the premier league is crazy.

also just come back from elland road and a 1-0 win over burnley, play-off hopes still alive :D barely...

borussia dortmund are gonna be crowned champions today if koln can hold their 1-0 lead against bayern leverkusen.

i reckon their awesome squad (subotic, hummels, gotze, nuri sahin and bunch of names i cant remember) is going to get raided this summer by Real Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man utd...

Edit: they did it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

borussia dortmund are gonna be crowned champions today if koln can hold their 1-0 lead against bayern leverkusen.

i reckon their awesome squad (subotic, hummels, gotze, nuri sahin and bunch of names i cant remember) is going to get raided this summer by Real Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man utd...

Edit: they did it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol

But yeah, Dortmund have a great young team, just need to start Langerak.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
When football fans asks why I watch Wrestling when I know it's fake, I point to Barcelona and the Champions League. ^_^

Arsenal vs United tomorrow at The Emirates. Make or break.

if the FA take away QPR's points now it would be so cruel to their fans :/

also palace stay up for another season :/
It would be, but if qpr are found guilty of covering up third party they should be punished. You get -10 points for going into administration and if qpr are found to have delibrately breached the rules and tried to cover it up there should be a higher penalty than that imo.

Did anyone watch Sao Paulo vs. Santos, for the semi-final of the Sao Paulo state championship? It showed that Santos has one of the top ten squads of the world right now. Neymar and Ganso are just too good.....

Also, tomorrow there will be the other semi-final between palmeiras and Corinthians. The largest derby in Brazil. Definitely worth watching!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
ball clearly crossed the line

obvious goal and fucking biased commentators

Edit: yay 2-1 chelsea win
more like you cant stand that tottenham is a superior team than liverpool and need them to get cheated to have a chance at champions
A goal is scored when the ball completely crosses the goal line between the goal-posts

oh and the second one

so going back to

obvious goal and fucking biased commentators
id say its obvious fucking win robbed AND fucking biased fanboy that has no idea what hes talking about

its sad this shit happens, yet we still wont get repetitions

that linesman didnt even flag for it though, he just said yes... he should not give a goal if he isnt sure especially in a game that decides so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)