The 3-mon Tournament - Round 2! [Read post 47!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Earthworm
Sign-Ups - Round 1

The 3-Mon Tournament II - Round 2!

Awesome Artwork by Bummer from the Artwork for Tournaments Thread!

Introduction
What if, in the world of Pokémon, belts were less strong and could only hold 3 Pokéballs? Things would change, that's for sure. In this tournament, the participants will try to build a solid team with just 3 Pokémon! Will stall still be able to handle every threat while just using 3 Pokémon? Will a fully offensive team of just three Pokémon be able to power through the opponent's team? We'll see...

Tournament Rules:
-BW2 OU
-3v3 Singles
-Best of Three
Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Clauses:
-Wifi Battle
-Species Clause
-Sleep Clause
-Timer Clause
-Evasion Clause
-OHKO Clause

• This is a BW2 Tournament. Battles are to be played by default on Showdown, but can be played on PO if both contestants agree.
  • It is advised to keep logs in case of a dispute
  • If there are still any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or ask them in the thread.

Coinflips:
HoiPolloi vs T-Dogg
Iconic vs Roie
MAlkaviano vs Orichalcos Owl
Lapras6666 vs Double01
Pkrs vs toshimelonhead
~GreenCore vs Jayde
Sayonara vs Myzozoa
undisputed vs Awgmnoob
DTC vs King
lijero13ss vs DestinyUnknown

Activity Wins:
Rydro vs Mewmewzapdos
Sujero Kifuja/Ricky Horror vs H-C
Living Things vs Level 51
the nub vs FelixMinamimoto
IceCarAdler vs Dude24
locopoke vs g00dg0d
Dr Ciel vs Lavos Spawn
Vrille vs SoulWind
A l e x a n d e r vs breh
mostwanted vs Jin Kazama
BIG Loven vs Vinc2612
Leftiez vs Afonso97
Brotom vs MOET
The PillsburyDoughBoy vs Skillie23
SethZiBritannia vs Kojes
Turnip123 vs Improbable
papai noel vs McMeghan
FLCL vs Metal Sonic

Extensions:
MadCrazo vs zzazzdsa
Twannes vs Pedrock
Django vs NightFox

Round 2 Pairings

shartruce2 vs FLCL
Milos vs FelixMinamimoto
Eranu vs DestinyUnknown
Living Things vs Pkrs
undisputed vs Kennen
Harsha vs McMeghan
Dude24 vs SoulWind
MAlkaviano vs mostwanted
extremebeta vs zzazzdsa
Pedrock vs Jayde
Rydro vs Double01
Asek vs Metroid78
pokebasket vs Friar
Leftiez vs Myzozoa
Vinc2612 vs Django
Roie vs Darkloïc
DTC vs locopoke
Improbable vs Brap
BKC vs .Robert
Lavos Spawn vs HoiPolloi
Xx Coren37 vs Kojes
Weegee the haxer vs H-C
MOET vs Joel
A l e x a n d e r vs The PillburyDoughBoy

The deadline for Extended Matches is Monday the 19th of November, 9:00 PM GMT +1

The deadline for Round 2 Matches is Sunday the 25th of November, 9:00 PM GMT +1, so please crack up your activity a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)