The dumbest thing the AI has ever done?

So? Dragon Tail is a physical move. I've used Dragon Tail with my Zygarde, and used the forced switch as an opportunity to Dragon Dance, used DD, then used a boosted Dragon Tail, and used the forced switch to power up.
Dragon Tail has a negative priority... If you're using Zygarde, Coil is a much better boosting move that works with Dragon Tail.

Yeah, and I think that I later replaced DD with Coil eventually anyways. Now he boosts his Attack, Defense, and Accuracy, which probably niches better with his bulkiness (or is it a she? I still can't figure that out).

I don't think I've ever laughed out loud for something like this ever. I know others have similar stories, but I never imagined how fun it is when it happens to you.

So, Super Triples in the Battle Maison, right?

The AI sends out Arcanine, Torterra, and Gastrodon and I send out my Slurpuff, Pangoro and Greninja. I KO Torterra and then the following sequence occurs:

The opposing Arcanine used Sunny Day
The opposing Gastrodon used Rain Dance
[End of Turn]
The opponent sends out Abomasnow
It started to hail.

Make up your mind, man! Which weather do you want!?

The only thing to complete this battle of the elements was either a Hippowdon or Tyranitar.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I don't think I've ever laughed out loud for something like this ever. I know others have similar stories, but I never imagined how fun it is when it happens to you.

The AI sends out Arcanine, Torterra, and Gastrodon and I send out my Slurpuff, Pangoro and Greninja. I KO Torterra and then the following sequence occurs:

[End of Turn]
It started to hail.

The only thing to complete this battle of the elements was either a Hippowdon or Tyranitar.
Sounds like a team made to support a Weather Ball Castform, except they forgot the Castform.

[End of Turn]
It started to hail.

Why do they even put teams like this in the game, especially the Battle Maison?

I think the dumbest thing the AI has done is LET A 12 YEAR OLD KID SAVE ALL THEIR ASSES FROM A BUNCH OF CRIMINALS WHO FOR SOME REASON LET YOU GET PAST THEM TO STOP THEIR EVIL PLAN AFTER YOU BEAT THEM IN A POKEMON BATTLE!

Sorry about that but that part of the game really bugs me. I think the dumbest thing the AI has ever done in battle is fake out my gengar.

Reactions: JES
I think the dumbest thing the AI has done is LET A 12 YEAR OLD KID SAVE ALL THEIR ASSES FROM A BUNCH OF CRIMINALS WHO FOR SOME REASON LET YOU GET PAST THEM TO STOP THEIR EVIL PLAN AFTER YOU BEAT THEM IN A POKEMON BATTLE!

Sorry about that but that part of the game really bugs me. I think the dumbest thing the AI has ever done in battle is fake out my gengar.
True. In real life, if you beat a bunch of grunts to stop a conspiracy to take over the world, they shoot you in the head the moment you turned your back on them, unless you had your Pokemon kill them first.

But this IS a child's game, and not real life.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
... unless you had your Pokemon kill them first.
I think that's it. Let's not forget that this 12 year old has several elemental monsters that just defeated their elemental monsters leaving them defenseless. Also being a kid I also have a feeling they don't really think you're much of a threat, many times if you talk to them after defeating them they talk down to you as such, tease you, and say they'll won't defeat the boss anyway. At most they'll only think they'll be in trouble for losing, they're not worried one kid will stop their bosses plan (which in the Hoenn stories don't, Team Magma/Aqua DO accomplish their goals despite the player's involvement).

I was in the Petalburg Gym, out of healing items and down to my last pokemon, Numel. By sheer dumb luck, every single one of my pokemon at the time was male, and there's an Ace Trainer in there who has a Delcatty that knows Attract. She almost always used that move whenever I sent out a new pokemon, and she had haxed my entire team to death: "Swampert is immobilized by love!" "Mightyena is immobilized by love!" "Manectric is immobilized by love!" every single turn until she had KOed everything else with Doubleslap without even getting hit once.

So then I send out my last pokemon, a crappy underleveled Numel that I didn't even really want to catch, but it got in my way in Fiery Path and I had an extra pokeball so whatever. And she uses Doubleslap on the first turn and gets all five hits and I'm down to 2 HP, and I only did about 10% damage back to it with Ember. So I was thinking, ugh, I'm going to lose this battle and have to go all the way back to the pokemon center, this is such a waste of time, Delcatty is bullshit, etc. But then I was saved, by a stroke of luck so unlikely that only the pokemon AI we know and love would ever think of it.

She used Attract on my Numel.

Numel had the ability Oblivious.

I hit Delcatty with Ember again.

She spent the entire rest of the battle doing nothing but spamming Attract, for 8 more turns. I ended up winning the battle and smirking to myself all the way through the rest of the gym.

I was in the Petalburg Gym, out of healing items and down to my last pokemon, Numel. By sheer dumb luck, every single one of my pokemon at the time was male, and there's an Ace Trainer in there who has a Delcatty that knows Attract. She almost always used that move whenever I sent out a new pokemon, and she had haxed my entire team to death: "Swampert is immobilized by love!" "Mightyena is immobilized by love!" "Manectric is immobilized by love!" every single turn until she had KOed everything else with Doubleslap without even getting hit once.

So then I send out my last pokemon, a crappy underleveled Numel that I didn't even really want to catch, but it got in my way in Fiery Path and I had an extra pokeball so whatever. And she uses Doubleslap on the first turn and gets all five hits and I'm down to 2 HP, and I only did about 10% damage back to it with Ember. So I was thinking, ugh, I'm going to lose this battle and have to go all the way back to the pokemon center, this is such a waste of time, Delcatty is bullshit, etc. But then I was saved, by a stroke of luck so unlikely that only the pokemon AI we know and love would ever think of it.

She used Attract on my Numel.

Numel had the ability Oblivious.

I hit Delcatty with Ember again.

She spent the entire rest of the battle doing nothing but spamming Attract, for 8 more turns. I ended up winning the battle and smirking to myself all the way through the rest of the gym.
Good old AI, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm not sure whether to be impressed or utterly ashamed with the AI. And this is an Ace Trainer, too.

This makes me wish that I'd spend more time at the Battle Maison, so I'd have stories to tell like this one.

Fighting Grimsley in White. Led with Cobalion, used SD so I could sweep if it survived a Jump Kick from Scrafty. I never got the chance to find out if it did, because his Scrafty used... SAND ATTACK. OHKO'd the rest, only missed once, against Liepard.

EDIT: Just calced, Jump Kick doesn't OHKO unless crit

Last edited:
Fighting Grimsley in White. Led with Cobalion, used SD so I could sweep if it survived a Jump Kick from Scrafty. I never got the chance to find out if it did, because his Scrafty used... SAND ATTACK. OHKO'd the rest, only missed once, against Liepard.

EDIT: Just calced, Jump Kick doesn't OHKO unless crit
I guess that Sand Attack only held off the inevitable. I originally thought that he swept you, until I remembered that you were probably talking about his Liepard, and that you didn't have one yourself.

BTW, your sig is hilarious.:D I'm wondering where you got that from.

Okay, so I'm playing Yellow and fighting a Zubat in Victory Road.

First turn, it used Confuse Ray.
Second turn, it used Haze.

What the heck?

EDIT: It just Hazed its own Confuse Ray again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)