The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
just discovered that my annoying new co-worker is a Colts fan.

[walks in wearing a Jags jacket]

"THEY DO EXIST! I NEVER SEEN JAGS FAN"
"WHAT YOU DO WHEN LONDON"
"SMALLEST MARKET EVER LONDON"
"NFL WANTS JAGS IN LONDON"
"we are not going to London. we are not going anywhere. we will crush the Colts."
"YA WIN 1 GAME OF LAST 8 AND ALL OF SUDDEN TALK TRASH JAGS TO LONDON"

i might murder this shitdick.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

"we are not going to London. we are not going anywhere. we will crush the Colts."

Does he actually shout all the time in real life like that? Please say yes.

"Russell Wilson made the big plays down the stretch and Bridgewater didn't and that was the difference" game LITERALLY DECIDED by a missed 27 yard field goal. Cheesy Crust I fucking hate NFL hot take post game analysis.
By big plays they mean Wilson constantly running back 20 yards and hoping that the DBs lose their man in coverage.

It pisses me off how Seattle gets away with running their offence like theyre playing Madden.

Oh and I hope that game proved how overrated AP is. And people think he's some kind of all-time great/legend?

Last edited:

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
well Bridgewater never managed to get a TD so... ;\

I feel rly bad for the Vikings kicker he was 100% of their points cause all they could do was score FGs. but he'll be remembered for the one he missed not the fact his offense failed to convert any one of those opportunities into a TD instead. now he's got the hate machine out for him when if they actually had any of the reddit heroes claiming they could have made that kick on their team they would have had 0 points that game.

L U C K B O Y S

Friendly reminder that not every Colts fan is this bad

By big plays they mean Wilson constantly running back 20 yards and hoping that the DBs lose their man in coverage.

It pisses me off how Seattle gets away with running their offence like theyre playing Madden.

Oh and I hope that game proved how overrated AP is. And people think he's some kind of all-time great/legend?
AP will be top 5-10 in rushing yards, rushing TDs, yards/carry, and yards/game by the time he retires. does that not make him an all time great??? one game playing while hurt against the best run defense in the league in the twilight of his career does not mean he is not a great running back lol

well Bridgewater never managed to get a TD so... ;\

I feel rly bad for the Vikings kicker he was 100% of their points cause all they could do was score FGs. but he'll be remembered for the one he missed not the fact his offense failed to convert any one of those opportunities into a TD instead. now he's got the hate machine out for him when if they actually had any of the reddit heroes claiming they could have made that kick on their team they would have had 0 points that game.

L U C K B O Y S
it's been enough time for me to bitch about the playcalling on the last drive. I never fuckin understand the coaches who don't CENTER THE GOD DAMNED BALL in situations like this. god forbid Walsh has to attempt a 29 yard field goal from the middle of the field as opposed to a 27 yard field goal from the hash. I feel like just about every famous missed field goal was from one of the hashmarks and would have been good if it started a couple yards towards the center of the field.

maybe some kickers prefer kicking from the hash and I'm talking out my ass, but it seems like a no brainer for me yet half the coaches in the league don't seem to give a fuck. (iirc the Steelers game winning kick was a similar situation, when they had plenty of time to center the ball and spike it with 18 seconds left, but at least they made it)

Killah I think about that kick placement thing all the time and immediately thought about it when he missed. But hey, we don't know if Walsh actually wanted it on that hash (probably not). But if I were on that sideline at ALL, you bet your ass I'm asking my kicker where he wants to kick from and delivering that message straight to my coach/QB.

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Right footed kickers would always prefer kicks from that distance to be on the right hash, due to the natural curl caused by the kicking motion. Unless they are a 'straight on' kicker (which don't really exist anymore).

I used to piss off my QB because I would randomly change which foot I wanted to kick with, so he had to practice taking snaps and holding from both sides kek

Also DM so because my team has/had a player on it that was fined several times for illegal hits, that means I can't be mad about another player trying to injure mine? That makes no sense. Every time James Harrison was punished in the past I supported it, and somehow justifying what Burfict did because of Harrison is dumb. I'm surprised at you.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
James Harrison may have copped a lot of fines, but I don't think he got a single suspension from memory when he definitely deserved one. In 2010 alone he:

- flipped Vince Young
- knocked out two Browns receivers in the same game with dubious hits.
- hit Drew Brees late from behind
- hit Jason Campbell illegally
- spear tackled Ryan Fitzpatrick AFTER he completed a pass

$120,000 worth of fines for the year, not much for a superstar like him (although that's still a lot of fines lol) but not a single game missed. Burfict's cheap shots are actually quite a bit worse than what Harrison had done over the years, but you'd think as a repeat offender he'd have at least missed a couple of games...

The league has clearly and obviously made several steps towards punishing repeated on the field issues. From 2005-2010, there were only 3 suspensions handed down for on the field issues, 2 of those being actual dangerous hits (Eric Smith in 08 and Dante Wesley in 09) with the last being Albert Haynesworth stomping on some dude.

Since 2011, there have been at least a dozen of these types of bans alone, not counting Bountygate plus a few stompings. Particularly of note are the punishments in 2013 handed down to Meriwether/Goldson/Griffin for repeated violations. Had Harrison still been playing like it was 2010, he'd have gotten a suspension too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)