The Legend of Korra (Spoilers ITT)

A few clips are still up, though.

and holy shit that animation looks incredible. I seriously hope this comes to Netflix in some way shape or form. (or DVD, that's good too.)

The music style is pretty cool as well. Watch the clips on the nickpress page's "clips" section to see what I mean. Love the faster pace of the soundtrack-it fits so well.

As for Korra, she's definitely an incredible foil to Aang. In fact,
while attacking a gang, she causes so much collateral damage that the Metalbending Police come after her-the criminals she defeated don't dish out nearly the damage she does.

Overall I'm VERY excited for the actual release of the series. This looks effing incredible.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Will watch this soon. I'm a huge tLAB fan and I'm liking where the comments are going here :D

Wow, this was a fantastic episode! I thought that the original Avatar took its time to get really, really good, but this is pretty much there already. Can't wait for the rest!

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
wheeeerrrrrrrrrrrrre might one watch the original in its entirety in good quality and not get azrrested??

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I believe netflix has it all (can you use that in the UK? I don't even know...). Find someone with an account you can use! (If you don't know anyone I might be of service heheh)

edit: lonelyness is smarter than I am!

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The entire series is on Netflix instant play, az, if you don't have it just start a free trial, watch it, and then get rid of it.

This is absolutely incredible. My brother and I watched it this morning, and were in fits of laughter and awe.

But Sokka's dead :O NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

In all seriousness, really enjoyed it. I like Korra as a hot-blooded Waterbender, makes her a great foil to her predecessor, and plays against type somewhat, but Republic City must be the worst name for a city ever. Though as it's essentially the Avatar version of NYC, I'm willing to let it slide.

I think this series started off stronger than the last one, but with how strong that series ended it would be a disappointment if it didn't.

Can't wait for this to start again. Didn't catch all of TLAB but I loved everything I saw except for that shitty live action movie that defecated on a great show.

im going to go rewatch the entire last airbender series again before i see this.

goodbye sunlight, see you in a few days

Already decided to watch all of A:TLA in preparation for Korra about three weeks ago. I am quite happy with my decision.

Korra is just great. I'm rather excited to meet her buddies now.

But Sokka's dead :O NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Well, to be fair, even though people live a shit-ton longer in the Avatar world (my evidence: Old People Camp The Order of the White Lotus), it HAS been 100 years (right?)

Also, the fact that I have read in this thread that Metalbending is becoming standard makes this INCREDBILY hard to resist.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well, to be fair, even though people live a shit-ton longer in the Avatar world (my evidence: Old People Camp The Order of the White Lotus), it HAS been 100 years (right?)
Well let's be fair, not only is Aang dead (and Aang HAS to be dead for there to be a new avatar, this can't even be a spoiler) but he has been dead for over a decade. Katara has got to be really pushing it, you'd think maybe if only one person was still alive it'd be Toph but she probably didn't stop leading a dangerous lifestyle what with special police force and all.

Order of the White Lotus people weren't that old, only Bumi would've been over 100, rest were more like a mix of 70s-80s I would say; Iroh and Jeong Jeong definitely weren't that old, and Sokka's master was just starting to grey it looked like. Rest of the unseen ones, eh who knows, but probably not 100s.

Avatars it seems have a naturally long lifespan barring illness or injury, Kyoshi lived to be 230 after all (who knows about the ones preceding her, as it never went into depth on those). Counting his years frozen, Aang likely lived into his 170s as well before croaking. So yeah, otherwise the rest of the population live likely "normal" lifespans like us, along with the few that have really long lives like Bumi.

So theoretically most of the cast could still be alive from the end of Aang's chapter, but well into their 80s/90s if they are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)