NOC The Mafia Invitational Redux Game Thread - GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i’m going away to read other games just in case i’m town tunnelling

dnt think that’s the case tho x
This reads as disconnected from his previous posts, don't see a tone match which makes me think it's hawkie emulating what he would be doing as town

I can see hawkie doing this if he's emotionally pursuing proph but why wouldn't this be where he goes last night if he's concerned he's Tunnelling? Half a day later when he's not invested in the game to the same degree doesn't precipitate the kind of concern for being in a tunnel when you've had time to reevaluate your reads, nor would it seem necessary to state that you're going to look at other games. This appears a justification to find other evidence to support your case when is isn't otherwise a natural step.

btw
This reads as disconnected from his previous posts, don't see a tone match which makes me think it's hawkie emulating what he would be doing as town

I can see hawkie doing this if he's emotionally pursuing proph but why wouldn't this be where he goes last night if he's concerned he's Tunnelling? Half a day later when he's not invested in the game to the same degree doesn't precipitate the kind of concern for being in a tunnel when you've had time to reevaluate your reads, nor would it seem necessary to state that you're going to look at other games. This appears a justification to find other evidence to support your case when is isn't otherwise a natural step.
i was on a bus home and had nothing to do. after skimming the game again i was sick to the back teeth of people (mainly knights or only knights i don’t remember) defending Prophylaxis with his past games so i decided to go see for myself

i didn’t do it last night because honestly it just never occurred to me i felt my argument against him was solid enough for him to be lynched today

however u can never have enough evidence and boredom breeds activity

Will be around tonight to catch up + field questions, fairly busy today

I respect Hawkie trying to meta me in order to make sure that his read on me is correct, and I think the way he said he wanted to go about it is townie. Agree with him that boredom breeds activity + this thread is pretty dead compared to last night so I can certainly see town!Hawkie going like "gonna check for more meta about this user I've never played before because why not"

this is imo the most incriminating out of everything
Why do you think so?

If you continue to tunnel me, then we won't get very far in this game.

Hawkie, say that Knights and I become randomly confirmed town. Assuming that's the case, where will you be in terms of reads?

Because I'm town, and I think you're wrong on Knights.

I want to hear what you think, because I believe that you are town, just horrendously wrong on what the gamestate actually is.

I'm town.

I think Knights is town.

That means that the scum have to be somewhere.

Ugh, working with you is like trying to pull teeth.

Whatever man, just keep tunneling on me and let's see how this Day shakes out. I'll try to write out my reads tonight so hopefully I can get a better grip on this game.

Page 6
ngl on this page yeti's comment sticks out like a sore thumb. Like it's memey af but at the same time idk, poor gut feeling.

Hawkie also starts to push proph here. Nothing he really says has convinced me thus far as he's just pointing out stuff that proph normally does regardless of alignment and like he says later on, isn't really hard to fake as scum. That said, I think the thing I usually read off of town proph is that proph normally comes off as super genuine and pre page 6, I had gotten that vibe from him.

Metal sonic also makes that icky post here but iirc I push him for that later

Page 7
Ooh, someone pushing on me.
I'll get to Hawkie's stuff right now, this will be fun.
see where is the motivation for town to make a post like the one above
scum trying to downplay the situation
Mainly that I haven't been pressured very much on this site that much, so getting to interact with someone who is actually scumreading me will be interesting.
if u were town and came back to view the thread to someone scumreading you you'd address what they said there and then, not make a post about it acting like you don't give a care in the world
Okay, these are some fun quotes. I actually lightly sr the 1st hawkie one. And 2nd one actually as well. Both come off 1. As things that anyone can say in any alignment but 2. They are pushing for proph on the macro level, like after briefly evaluating proph he's already decided he's scum and is trying to convince people of this and as part of that, stretches things out. Like I don't see any cause for scum or town to make that first quote, it doesn't really downplay the accusations at all, it's just kind of there responding to them and acknowledging them.

But on the whole, at least these particular 4 quotes feel kind of fake/forced. It might just be the combination of proph's carelessness and hawkie's overpushing. But idk, something to keep in mind.

The rest of the page - Proph's mini iso of KOC is good though also sort of redundant as it's basically coming down to "Knight is town because he's confused and thinking independantly" which I can see why would be a town read. But I also can recall knights during animal mafia after whydon had revealed his watcher results and KOC played the confusion card pretty smoothly imo. But ugh, I'm probably overthinking this. This is giving me some thoughts on knights but I'll probably expand on this when I do a readslist.

Page 11

I really like hawkie's first post on this page as it basically restates my own thoughts atm.
For the record I think Hawkie is town, I don't think he comes in and tunnels someone who he has never played with before and does so very loudly.

(inb4 he spins this as something that town never does)

Page 10
??? I'm not getting what you're trying to say here.

I was in the thread, I felt comfortable about Texas/Knights/FH all being town, and I noticed that most people haven't posted yet. I thought that a bunch of town were in the thread and I like to make predictions/bets about gamestates early in the game so that I can take a look back on them when the game ends and laugh at myself (if I'm wrong) or bring it up in postgame (if I'm right).

I'm really not sure why you're scumreading that specific point; I like to make bets for myself early game and see if I'm wrong or not.

Page 8
ohshit yeti reminded me I was going to touch on that. Yeah it is strange to do the KOC evalution when his almost immediate past posts were saying he was going to respond to hawkie then and there.
Tell me exactly what changed between your last post and this?

I'm fine with you trying to build a wagon on me so that I become more readable but reasoning would be great.
and
What exactly doesn't makes sense? I can explain things in greater detail if needed.

I'm using those phrases because how I read players is by stepping into their shoes and figuring out how they think. I like how Knights was trying to ask Texas for reasoning and I liked how he was trying to figure out Texas's actions on that page - I could really see the gears turning as he was trying to process whether Texas was trying to derpclear or not.
Quoting out of order. Sue me. But these are basically the same post. Instead of doing what he said and arguing against hawkie. Proph here chooses to first shift the argument to KOC and then pushes MS.
because he literally asked in #138
Okay that makes some sense. Yet of all the things hawkie asked you during that sequences of his posts, you chose to first respond to the one where you talk about someone else. I mean, it is a tr and so it's not like proph was trying to actually move people's attention scum wise to someone else. But yet this just feels like classic redirection.
Fun fact: FH’s “RNG” scumhunting device predictions in the last game was more accurate than some town’s!
numbers this time were 3/9/13 have fun
vote prophylaxis

I read their early game as towny but Hawkie's arguments are also compelling
Post felt swingy of texas when I first read. But I get where he's coming from now. That said, still feels super passive of texas which is just :pikuh: (also I forget how he responded to my comment of that and if that comment comes later or earlier in the thread) also I just found where yeti had all those blob emoji's earlier so :blobwizard:
it's not about the filler itself it's about the motivation behind it. The posts in question imo were you trying to distance yourself from scum and is the real problem here.
This is a weird hawkie line. (and i'm losing the threads of their specific debate so I'm not sure who he is talking about) but Hawkie what did you mean by this. Like, are you straight up saying you know the scum here :blobshrug::blobglare:
FH is obvious town btw
It's shit like this which confuses me. My last post to this one was saying MS was super confusing and then he posts this? Like, where's the connection. And then he starts to push texas with no explination given (at first at least). Continuing my SR on MS. ESPECIALLY if proph is scum.
The one reason I don't join the Proph wagon is if Hawkie's wrong, we've taken out a player capable of impressive scumhunting.
Weak. KOC, what do you want to see from Proph to determine his alignment? Like, walk me through your thoughts. You would join the wagon beliving proph is scum if you saw proph doing _________ and you would defend him and refuse to lynch him because you thought proph is town because he did __________
I want to engage more with Hawkie because watching him interact with me will help me get a bead on his alignment.

I am not really a fan of how Yeti is.. just kind of off to the sidelines, not really taking a solid stance on this wagon on me. She asked me a question about why I felt compelled to show my reasoning for my Knights townread but.. not really sure how that question helps her read me?

Liking FH for trying to figure out why people are scumreading me/asking relevant questions.

Fine with Texas/Metal Sonic in that they're voting me just to see what shakes out; would love if they had more substantial reasoning but given that I was wagoning FH for similar reasons, no big deal.

Vote Yeti
Honestly, proph echoes something I've been observing and was going to bring up later. Yeti *has* been just super sideliny and memy despite there being plenty of things to react to. Based off of her jokes, she has in fact been reading the thread. But just why so passive. It's mind boggling. Yet, this isn't the scum yeti I can recall. Unless she shifted her game majorly, I still think yeti's largest scum tell is actively placing people into "one of these two people have to be scum" and just that level of activity or accusation hasn't happneed yet despite there being ample opportunity to do so.
omg i think i've cracked the code ok Prophylaxis as scum (if he's scum this game yesi hope yesi pray) finds it hard masking the motivation behind posts

i was just rereading the thread and i realised these were end of page 4 where not a lot of ppl had spoken yet and it's as he's like "omg i'm mafia and i'm already one of the most active players" so that causes the

it just really really really fucccccccking pings me that he felt the need to expand on this point i'm 99% sure it's because he felt the last post wouldn't be taken very well by the rest of the players
two points
1. I meant to touch on this earlier Prophylaxis when you made that post, why did you specify you thought 1 person was active (okay yeah, after writing that, that's basically what hawkie is asking, but I had that question too!)
2. This is more of what I felt earlier in to his proph push. Like, in this post I think hawkie has been bringing up good points. But his dedication to beleiving proph is scum just feels off. Like it's tunneling, but just my gut feel says this feels forced.
i asked why you went tl;dr about knights when you'd acted like you wanted to talk with hawkie about HIS read on you, i was curious why you went onthis unrelated knights thing and didnt see the post where he wanted you to expand
Yeti swings back defensively, almost overly defensive. If yeti hasn't posted more thoughts on the game state by the time I'm fully catch up I 1000% want to know that or put more pressure on her.

MS then continues to vote texas for still no reason ???
this looks like hawkie in matrix

can he replicate his I CAN SMELL THE SCUM ON U play or is it the town hawkster
Yeti basically says nothing while saying nothing here. :blobsad:
Hawkie then calls the yeti push a counter wagon...and while he's not wrong. Proph is *again* pushing for someone else or talking about someone else instead of defending himself. But like...proph isn't wrong either and I'm not liking hawkie just brushing it off.
vote texas

sure why not im dubious of his sharp turn on proph and dubious af of him saying he'd vote me

dont rly care about him saying he'd vote MS at this juncture his alignment remains to be solidified
Yeti, I know this is retro question from 24 hrs ago. But why were you dubious of texas saying he'd vote for you when at this point you had basically done next to no substantive
??? I'm not getting what you're trying to say here.

I was in the thread, I felt comfortable about Texas/Knights/FH all being town, and I noticed that most people haven't posted yet. I thought that a bunch of town were in the thread and I like to make predictions/bets about gamestates early in the game so that I can take a look back on them when the game ends and laugh at myself (if I'm wrong) or bring it up in postgame (if I'm right).

I'm really not sure why you're scumreading that specific point; I like to make bets for myself early game and see if I'm wrong or not.
This post directly contradicts your assessment that 1 of the 4 of us is scum. (Or were there more than Texas/Knights/me/proph posting at that point, idr) but still. This feels like walking back or proph straight up calling himself scum here lol
I'm voting proph. I don't think he's scum. I would vote you right now. You're currently null. You have more than enough information available to understand me.
This is a weird weird post by texas. So you joined the wagon to...what? silently pressure proph and accomplish more than hawkie had been doing from his effort? So then he says he's *not* scum reading proph *BUT* he did vote them. Then he says he reads MS as null *BUT* he would vote him :blobastonished: like I can't get into your head and understand what you are saying here texas buddy

Proph then does give a good assessment of yeti...but keeps ignoring the bulk of hawkie. Like, I understand wanting people to take a stance on this and I think it will be useful later. But you aren't even giving a stance on hawkie here. Like, I think this has been going for 5 pages now and you still haven't given a read or any indication of your thoughts on hawkie? If proph hasn't given this yet, I really want to know wh
texas has taken the lead in the race for dle town cards
Why. Explainerize good sir.
Please explain? Texas is so scummy lol
Second verse. Same as the first. A whole lot scummier and a whole lot worse.
Yeti your posts regarding former Hope's mindset are the main thing giving you town cred right now but everything else has been floaty so I would 100% vote you to get a clearer read
Did yeti actually post anything about my mindset? I have no recollection of this. But still. WEAK.

oh hey I reappeared
His posts feel fake and he’s trying to discredit me and threaten me like a scummy robber or kidnapper

Also read yetis post, they point out Texas contradictions
"his posts feel fake" without examples if pretty nothing. Like I can say that to anyone without analysis and it soudns good. So this MS post comes off as a cheap way to read someone without wanting to actually gather or provide evidence.
okay

Vote walrein

sorry but this is mission abort

yeti come with me
I'm screaming at my computer.
vote metal Sonic

bunch of lies in here anyone can verify

I haven't made any posts that discredit MS

Every post MS has made has tried to discredit me

I have not made unexplainable contradictions

Metal Sonic's has not at any point explained why he thinks my posts feel fake
I mean. You did say you would vote him so you did 'threaten' him I guess? also there's that earlier unexplained contradiction. But yet, I do agree with you. at tihs point texas hasn't done anything that would make me want to lynch him, quesiton him yeah. But he's not in the pile of people I want to lynch. While MS feels like he's jumping around trying to find a wagon he can push.
For the record I think Hawkie is town, I don't think he comes in and tunnels someone who he has never played with before and does so very loudly.

(inb4 he spins this as something that town never does)
Okay. Cool a hawkie read. But nooo, why. Why at the worst possible time after you just got called out for trying to redirect the conversation away from yourself to other people...and then you address hawkie. While I wanted proph to talk more about hawkie, this comes off as proph realizing people aren't leaving him alone and pressuring other people so now he's going and addressing hawkie straight on.
Hey mate you're basically universally town read ATM where are your reads at
(this is to KOC) u wot mate. Texas, why do you think KOC should be universally tr at tihs point?

Hawkie then posts a reads list. Nothing too much to pick apart here. But honestly I do like the fact he's not just tr me for asking questions and shit. It implies to me he wants to think things through instead of just tr whoever is posting a lot and guiding conversation which a lot of smogon town do (but also scum looking to TR people for weak reasons)
Empoof scum calling it now
Why select empoof here instead of another idler?

Page 14 is kind of just nothing...its sad.
DLE wolfy pop in and peace out
Agreed. I thought DLE said he was rereading. It's been like 10 pages later and still nothing from him does feel odd.
Pretty sure I've already stated them

Hawkie is not an easy read but if he's town I trust his reads better than my own

I town read you based off of the first few hours of the game but Hawkie's presentation is compelling and the last few hours are uninspiring from you and so I want to see how things play out with the wagon development. At the moment if my vote were on you it would be legitimate.

When I voted ms I was ignoring the tunnel up until the point he posted factual lies
I do and don't like this post. Which is to say I like it except for that 2nd passive line. Like, why are you auto assuming hawkie is town here? I get tr here, but you seem to be doing so little to actually try and deduce hawkie's alignment but then talk like he's 100% town to you and you will do anything he asks.
Yeah, I had to look twice at the quote to see that. Best, though, don't know what that means in this case.

Hawkie is Town in a stupid tunnel
Metal, maybe Town, but the lack of screaming could make me biased
Proph, I'm looking for an obvitell from him, but it would suck regardless if he died early and flipped green
And the two players I want content from are Asek and Empoof.
What is a proph obvitell to you?
if by a miracle Prophylaxis is town i'm pretty sure knights is scum
Explainerize
You've stated that you've had a null read on Hawkie, and you've stated that you're wagonning someone that you town read (me).

Can you go into more detail about those reads and where your thought process is at? Specifically when Hawkie made his posts against me and you moving to my wagon then moving to Metal Sonic's.

I have a feeling that you were holding cards close to your chest when that happened; are you comfortable with revealing them right now or nah?
I've been liking proph's posts. But there's just that nagging thing. Proph said straight up when hawkie started tunneling them that he would have fun and push back. However there's been like what, 3 of his posts that actually address hawkie (okay maybe more, but that feels about accurate) most of the other ones have just been pushing or discussing other people besides hawkie. Well worded posts I might add. But still just avoiding or redirective posts.
Fair enough.

I'm of the opinion barring rare circumstances that you should always trust your reads over anyone else's, but you may differ on that.

Won't deny that my last couple of hours have been somewhat uninspiring; mostly been trying to engage and defend myself from Hawkie and that has not really let me do any additional scumhunting outside of the occasional question or two. I'm interested myself with my own wagon development so we shall see on that front.

I'll read what's up and recalibrate tomorrow.
:blobglare::blobglare::blobglare:
is this a derpclear from town
or isn't that a bit too convenient
what do people think? leaning towards the former
Oh hey moody is playing now. But this post about hawkie. Is lolbiat. I don't get why anyone would want to read that as AI. Not knowing the set up doesn't exactly say anything about your alignment after all...

Oh hey moody quoted yeti talking about my mind set and...I don't get why texas TR that.
no actual scum ping so far, Proph/Hawkie slots stand out from the rest and I'm leaning towards Hawkie being town here thought his push on Knights is like going for low hanging fruit
Not sure where the tr from some people on Proph come from, had him null and willing to follow Hawkie's case
Texas leaning town from the first few pages but #188 reads like a justification to sheep Hawkie
Yeti townish ?
Knights I thought was less scummy than usual so far
Now I'm not sure how caught up moody is as of this post. but first of all

Baaaaah

second, moody why are you tr yeti? When it comes to hawkie why do you address his push on KOC (did he even push KOC? I don't remember this) and think that's signifigant enough to mention and what does it imply?
I was just using first one's rules

I'm fine with just majority
I support simple majority.
vote hawkie
Seconding hawkie's what the actual fuck a post or 2 later. No context flip from sheeping/blindly following hawkie to lynching him :blobshrug:

Not a bad post. But Texas Cloverleaf can you explain your thought process for looking more into hawkie in the first place? Your posts so far this game indicate doing that wasn't your main concern.
lolanother post with obvious scum motivation from Prophylaxis i’m flattered by the paragraph but honey no
I actually also want to hear your answers to his question if that makes a difference.

annnnd I think I'm caught up. Big post. Have to leave for work now. But if I get a chance I'll actually make a read list. If people want to ask me how I feel about specific people when I'm working I'll try to actually respond to that. But no wall posts until I'm actually home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)