Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@venra You get a shuckle named "shucks" shucks most keep encore forever and foil a pokemons plans by encoring a non-damaging move atleast 5 times before the E4. Now once you get to the E4 shucks feels underpowered so to prove hes powerful he must solo atleast 1 E4 (excluding lance) pokemon with a powertrick/attack combo and must solo 1 of lances d-nites with the same combo. (if this is too hard you can forget about lance but shuckle may never learn toxic)
Good luck.

@venra: You get Funky the Ursaring. Its moveset will be Faint Attack, Fury Swipes, Dig, and Rest. It must solo Will's Slowbro.

I reserve a poke for venra.

EDIt: Alright, here it is.

As I was typing the reserve post, at first I acidently wrote "Thunks" instead of thanks. To this second I cant get out of my head a New Zealand person saying "Thunks." So in honor of New Zealand (<- that'll be the only time you will see an Australian person say that) I give you a Magikarp (You'll see why in a sec...). Unless anyone openly New Zealandish or British* posts requirments for this Magikarp within 3 hours of this one, it will have none. Call it Fish+Chups [...and there we go ;)].

*because A) "thunks" kinda sounds British as well and B) because, lets face it, how many Kiwis could there be on Smogon, let alone the Scramble Thread.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So these are the Pokemon I will have to put up with, now with comments...

SAPPHIRE PAYBACK SCRAMBLE

FIRE RED SCRAMBLE

• Seel (Kanye West): May not know any other attacking moves as a Seel if I teach it Surf, Solo 7 Pokemon in Blaine's Gym (Including one of Blaine's Pokemon) to evolve, as a Dewgong, It must solo 15 pokemon in Giovanni's Gym (Including one of Giovanni's Pokemon) as well as Lorelei's Dewgong, Both of Bruno's Onix's, Agatha's Golbat, Two of Lance's Dratini evos, & the Champion's Rhydon. May never be the lowest levelled Pokemon on team. (Dummy007) Yo Lapras, your power is good, but Dewgong will be the greatest of all time! He'll be a powerhouse for sure...
  • Charmander (Behemoth): Solo Erika to evolve & Blaine's Rapidash to evolve again. As a Charizard, cannot use moves of a power below 120. (Dexington) He'll be the MVP, without a doubt...
  • Snorlax (Fat Camp): Must be caught south of Lavender Town then must immediately face its Celadon Cousin. If it solos it, It must know & keep two of the following: Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, & Toxic. One of its other moves must be Physical. Otherwise, it must know & keep Thunder, Blizzard, Hyper Beam, & Sandstorm. Either way, the moves is to be obtained before fuschia Gym (Vratix) Yay, Snorlax!
  • Wynaut: Cannot evolve or use Encore (bwburke94) He won't be obtainable until very late in the game, he'll certainly need a lot of bulk, or he'll be the LVP.
  • Clefairy (ImARandom2): Only move is Metronome, until it learns it, only move if Pound/Double Slap (Dark Ray) Yay, Randomness, I like Randomness! (Clefairy used Explosion!) Oh crap...
  • Ratatta (TopPercent): No STAB, Adamant nature, Solo both of Lance's Dragonites on the rematch to evolve (yaya0) More top percent than what Youngster Joey's will ever be. The evolution requirement is so late in the game that it isn't worth worrying about, not to mention, nigh-on impossible...
I'll probably add more challenges to the queue tomorrow. Sapphire Payback will probably start shortly after the completion of the current Sapphire Scramble, & the Fire Red one will probably start when I can be bothered (Within the next week or two).

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A tip on the Swablu, Don`t use it until it evolves with the Exp. Share and use Knig`s Rock vs. Drake, otherwise you will get raped.

@Its A Random
I have updated your challenge.
Bring the Snorlax South of Lavender Town. Name it Fat Camp. Upon catching it, without using any items or healing you must immediately go battle the Snorlax west of Celadon.

If Snorlax defeats its cousin teach it 2 of the four following moves before you leave the Fuschia city gym : Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Toxic. You may choose the two final moves as long as one of them is a physically attacking move.
If Snorlax faints or is switched out then teach it the four following moves before you leave the Fuschia city gym :Thunder, Blizzard, Hyper Beam, Sandstorm.

good luck to you and Venra.

On a side note: A week or two ago I told someone to catch (i think it was a) Skorupi (but it may have been a gligar) holding a poison Barb.

Either way: That was bullshit. Just catch a Skorupi. I am trying to catch a skorupi right now in my Platinum challenge right now and that is frustrating enough.
I am genuinely sorry. Just ignore that part about catching one with a poison barb. 5% hold rate is absolutely unreasonable. I am sorry.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Thanks Vratix, & Texas for the advice.

Should start them in the near future.

So the final Pokemon...

SAPPHIRE PAYBACK SCRAMBLE

FIRE RED SCRAMBLE

• Seel (Kanye West): May not know any other attacking moves as a Seel if I teach it Surf, Solo 7 Pokemon in Blaine's Gym (Including one of Blaine's Pokemon) to evolve, as a Dewgong, It must solo 15 pokemon in Giovanni's Gym (Including one of Giovanni's Pokemon) as well as Lorelei's Dewgong, Both of Bruno's Onix's, Agatha's Golbat, Two of Lance's Dratini evos, & the Champion's Rhydon. May never be the lowest levelled Pokemon on team. (Dummy007)
  • Charmander (Behemoth): Solo Erika to evolve & Blaine's Rapidash to evolve again. As a Charizard, cannot use moves of a power below 120. (Dexington)
  • Snorlax (Fat Camp): Must be caught south of Lavender Town then must immediately face its Celadon Cousin. If it solos it, It must know & keep two of the following: Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, & Toxic. One of its other moves must be Physical. Otherwise, it must know & keep Thunder, Blizzard, Hyper Beam, & Sandstorm. Either way, the moves is to be obtained before Fuschia Gym (Vratix)
  • Wynaut: Cannot evolve or use Encore (bwburke94)
  • Clefairy (ImARandom2): Only move is Metronome, until it learns it, only move if Pound/Double Slap (Dark Ray)
  • Ratatta (TopPercent): No STAB, Adamant nature, Solo both of Lance's Dragonites on the rematch to evolve (yaya0)
I'll probably add more challenges to the queue tomorrow. Sapphire Payback will probably start shortly after the completion of the current Sapphire Scramble, & the Fire Red one will probably start when I can be bothered (Within the next week or two).

Good luck me.

OK, I've gotten 6 Pokemon.
Will be starting when I get my DS fixed.

A recap:

Shinx (Wilkommen)
Cannot evolve into Luxway
Cannot learn Thunder Fang
Cannot go past level 40

Porygon (Pastel)
No Special Normal attacks
Must solo every NFE pokemon in Pastoria City's gym
Must know thunderbolt OR ice beam
If ice beam solo 2 of Bertha's Pokemon
If thunderbolt two of Flint's pokemon

Drifloon

If Aftermath, no STAB or special attacks
If Unburden, may not evolve.
Cannot participate in any gym battles
Must learn 2 tutor moves and keep them.

Makuhita: E. Honda

Must have Belly Drum, Fake Out, and Bullet Punch????
Can only evolve after soloing 1 gym leader after using all moves at least once.

Turtwig
Cannot evolve until learned Sunny Day and SolarBeam

Bidoof
If Simple, must learn 2 stat boosting moves
If Unaware, must learn Swagger

I Cannot get a Bullet Punch makuhita as I cannot trade

Have you got any way to hack one in? Me and some other people have done it before to be able to play through the game with certain pokemon, like my Solo 'Zard Diamond run through, so you wouldn't be the first.

When you say you can't trade, you mean you can't trade with another cart because you've only got one DS, or you just can't trade full stop? Because i'm sure someone on these boards has to have a BP Makuhita somewhere...

I reserve a poke for venra.

EDIt: Alright, here it is.

As I was typing the reserve post, at first I acidently wrote "Thunks" instead of thanks. To this second I cant get out of my head a New Zealand person saying "Thunks." So in honor of New Zealand (<- that'll be the only time you will see an Australian person say that) I give you a Magikarp (You'll see why in a sec...). Unless anyone openly New Zealandish or British* posts requirments for this Magikarp within 3 hours of this one, it will have none. Call it Fish+Chups [...and there we go ;)].

*because A) "thunks" kinda sounds British as well and B) because, lets face it, how many Kiwis could there be on Smogon, let alone the Scramble Thread.
Ok, I just noticed that this expired hours ago, so enjoy your no restricton at all Magikarp!...

..ok seriously this things gotta have SOME chalange.

Alright so Venra your Magikarp must be the last pokemon you catch during your challenge, because as shown kiwis are unreliable. Just for an extra, it can only use STAB moves, because the indegonus people there have those stick things. That is all.

Good luck and Have fun!

Have you got any way to hack one in? Me and some other people have done it before to be able to play through the game with certain pokemon, like my Solo 'Zard Diamond run through, so you wouldn't be the first.

When you say you can't trade, you mean you can't trade with another cart because you've only got one DS, or you just can't trade full stop? Because i'm sure someone on these boards has to have a BP Makuhita somewhere...
I have an Action Replay. I'll try to hack something in...

Sorry about the late reply, but here are the ones I'll try so far.

1. take a Spearow named Terra. By the time you leave Celadon, it cannot know two moves of the same type.
(auramaster)

2. Take a Squirtle for you starter. Your Squirtle used to be a member of the Squirtle squad until Prof Oak saved him, however now he is free he wants to resume his role. So as soon as BlackGlasses are available (Rocket Hideout) he must always hold them. He must have this move set by the E4 :
-Bite
-Hydro Pump/ Hydro Cannon
-Brick Break/ Iron Tail
-Skull Bash/ Return
To evolve to Wartortle it must solo Misty, and to evolve into Blastoise it must solo Giovanni. However if it faints in one of these fights it can evolve whenever but it must have the moveset:
Hyper Beam
Hydro Cannon
Skull Bash
Dig
Call it Panda Eyes
(pokemagnificent)

3. take a Weezing. No restrictions whatsoever.
(Missingno. Master)

^This one I'm taking mainly because I haven't used a Weezing in-game before.

4. Take a Meowth (duh). In order to evolve, it must Pickup ten items and earn you $5000 with Pay Day. Once it evolves, it may not attack until two Trainers are dumb enough to use a Paralysis-inducing move (Stun Spore, Thunder Wave) on it. Name it Gatherer.
(Dummy007)

5. Alright you get a gastly named "#@%& YOU" (if any of those symbols are unavailable use whichever ones you like) This gastly hates EVERYTHING! so it curses anything it comes across. Now to make this easier it only has to use curse against any gym leader or E4 it is used against (and it only has to use curse once per leader/e4) but to evolve it must solo 1 trainer pokemon with curse alone. (and can obviously never evolve to gengar since you can't trade)
Good luck.
(Dark Ray)

6. Take the Eevee from Celadon. Immediately evolve it into Jolteon and teach it Thunder and Rain Dance ASAP. It must solo a trainer in the Viridian Gym. It must never be the lowest-levelled in your team. Nickname it "Rainmaker".
(Galladiator)

I'll try and get on this whenever I can. This looks like a good mix of Pokemon, as long as I can teach Squirtle Surf and Strength and make him forget them later.

So, here are my questions so far for each:

@auramaster: Does Hidden Power count as a different type of move if it isn't Flying or Dark, or is it still a Normal attack? And when you say "leave Celadon City", is that the first time I leave the city, or after I get the Rainbow Badge and Silph Scope?

@pokemagnificent: Which round of Giovanni does Panda Eyes have to solo to become Blastoise? Rocket Hideout, Silph Co., or Viridian City? Or does it matter? [answered: Gym Leader Giovanni]

@Missingno. Master: Can I catch it as a Koffing and evolve it, or do you mean a wild Weezing? [answered: may evolve from Koffing]

@Dummy007: It doesn't have to be one Stun Spore and one Thunder Wave, right? It can be two of the same?

@Dark Ray: Basically, what you're saying is that Gastly can only evolve after killing one Gym Leader Pokemon with Curse alone, right? [answered: defeat a Trainer's Pokemon using only Curse and survive]

@meowth nope even easier all it has to do to evolve is solo a trainer pokemon with curse alone (iirc curse fails against a pokemon already afflicted but if not just use some items like x-speed) the gym leader/E4 requirement was if its used against a gym/E4 it must use curse atleast once against that gym/E4 (curse doesn't even have to be the first move you use eg. you can use shadow ball against the first pokemon and use curse against the last 1) also just to be clear it doesn't have to surviveafter cursing a gym leader but it does have to survive against a trainers pokemon to evolve.

@meowth: Take the Eevee from Celadon. Immediately evolve it into Jolteon and teach it Thunder and Rain Dance ASAP. It must solo a trainer in the Viridian Gym. It must never be the lowest-levelled in your team. Nickname it "Rainmaker".

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Pearl Payback Scramble

Yes, yes, I know I asked for challenges yesterday, but I said I was creating a Scramble queue. This will start after the completion of my current Pearl No-Evo Scramble. This is a regular Scramble with a difference...

People may only give me challenges I have already dished out to other people in the past for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. No duplicates, no trades, & to prove you read the rules before issuing a challenge, you must quote the challenge you give me (Which has to be one I dished out), & have a link to the post. So, wanted me to feel what its like to be issued a challenge that I gave that screwed someone over? Then hit me with one of my shots (They're as far back as page 106ish).

Oh, make sure the challenges are possible in Pearl, NOT Platinum (Or Diamond for that matter). I will accept reservations, but if you get it wrong I'll drop your reservation. If you get one with references to Diamond (e.g. mentioning Dialga), you may change it to have Pearl references (e.g. Palkia).

I'm also preparing a Heart Gold Scramble, details to come (Don't issue challenges for Heart Gold yet), I'll probably have that up tomorrow, but without further ado, fire away with one of my bullets...

POKEMON:

This challenge, for the record, has three rejected challenges, & one abandoned challenge...

@It's_A_Random:

Your starter will be a male Piplup named Agent Bird.

Your Piplup is an undercover agent who was sent to Sinnoh to try and capture one of the Pokemon World's most wanted criminals: Your Rival's Turtwig, a.k.a. Count Twig. In the several encounters that these two have, your Piplup will always gain the upper hand, but before he gets to arrest Count Twig, Count Twig ends up going back inside a Pokeball. Even when Count Twig evolves, your Piplup will still recognize the criminal. During your adventure, you see that your Piplup is extremely powerful for a LC mon & decide that you will keep it as a Piplup. Just before your battles at the top of Spear Pillar, your Piplup was given by a colleague of his some gadgets: The Super Pecker (Drill Peck), The Hydro Pistol (Hydro Pump), The Mist Bomb (Mist), & The Freeze Ray (Ice Beam). Eventually at the Pokemon League, your Piplup finally arrests Count Twig & you rival is incredibly angry after this happens. Count Twig is sent away for his crimes & Agent Bird's mission is accomplished. Instead of leaving you, Agent Bird realises how much of a help you have been to his mission & stays by your side.

Recap:

• Take a Male Piplup & name it Agent Bird.
  • It may not evolve.
  • It must land the KO on your Rival's main Pokemon (Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra) at every encounter.
  • Before your battles at Spear Pillar, Piplup must know & keep the following moveset:
  • Super Pecker: Drill Peck
  • Hydro Pistol: Hydro Pump
  • Mist Bomb: Mist
  • Freeze Ray: Ice Beam
Have fun! :)

Yes, have fun.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@ Its_A_Random:

You get Treadshot:The king of the MEP's (Mono-Electric Pachirisu). It may be no more than 5 levels lower than your highest leveled Pokemon (If it is, train only it until it is within the range, unless of course it doesn't have an Electric Type attack), & It may only use Electric Type attacks in battle. Everytime it comes into battle, you can do nothing else but use an Electric Type Attack (If it has one) & it must be Male.
Swablu is only attainable via the poke radar, so you get this instead.

Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)