Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Protip for above: Powerlevel to 15, DT and Tail Whip spam.

Take Mimien, the Mr. Mime you obtain in the in-game trade. He must be obtained before Lt. Surge, who he'll take on mano-a-mano (solo).

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE! As you probably know, you have to trade Clefairy for Mr. Mime in Yellow. So catch a Clefairy in Mt. Moon, and immediately return to route 3 via Escape Rope, or walking if you so choose. Heal up, and enter the patch of grass below. Continuously solo wild Pokémon until Clefairy faints, without items. The amount of wild Pokémon soloed gives Mimien additional restrictions:

1 - May never learn a move > 70 BP
2 - Must solo all future Jessie/James encounters and one Giovanni battle.
3 - Solo Sabrina
4 - May only ever attack
5 + - No restrictions.

@Jirachinaught

Catch an Onix, name it Arock because he is better than Brock
(get it, A - B, haha).
whatever restriction Mimien gets take the number immediately before it for Arock.
(if you get the number 1 for mmimien then go with 2, not 5)

@ Jirachinaught

Catch any wild Pokemon while you have an open slot in your party (it cannot be sent to the box!). This must be done before going into the Cerulean Gym. Whatever the Pokemon's HP is at the time of catching is the Pokedex # of the Pokemon you must use for your challenge. Name it "Fate."

Fate must solo one gym leader/E4 member that his type is weak against. If you are unable catch him until after you're past any gyms that fill this requirement, then he has to solo your rival.

His first two moveslots must be TMs. His third is any STAB move learned through level up. His fourth is any status/boost/etc move learned through level up.

If the Pokemon is an evolved form, you may catch it in any pre-evolved state and evolve it ASAP. If it is a NFE Pokemon, it may never evolve.

If you get anything that is absolutely impossible ridiculous for your challenge (read: Kakuna, Magikarp) you can reroll. But if it's something like a Pidgey or Dratini, you have to go for it.

Edit:

Catch an Onix, name it Arock because he is better than Brock
This made me laugh so hard <3

First four accepted, I absolutly love yours daenym, but can you give me the pokemon I must catch, as in the third etc. And Vratix, the only issue is the Mr. Mime is nicknamed Miles already and you can't change it, so is it okay to keep Miles? If not, you can give another pokemon.

Oops, ment son of Shadoo. Sorry.

yeah, sorry
I just forgot what Mr. Mime was nicknamed
Miles-Mimien, whatever.
The only nickname I meant to give was Arock for the Onix.

Jirachi, catch another Clefairy, name it Wishmaker. It aspires to become a Jirachi, so it can only evolve once it knows 4 moves that Jirachi can learn.

Jirachinaught, you get Valdast the Eevee!

Valdast was experimented on by Team Rocket scientists trying to create a Flying-type evolution of Eevee. They failed, but succeeded in scarring Valdast for life. Valdast now hates all Flying-types, and must evolve into Jolteon to combat them. He also must solo all Flying-types in the game. He also must solo at least one Giovanni encounter.

Have Fun!

Okay, so I now have my team members they are:

Texas Cloverleaf: Use PIkachu. Solo Brock. Not impossibly hard, just hard as you get a no restrictions PIka after that

Son of Shadoo: Take Mimien, the Mr. Mime you obtain in the in-game trade. He must be obtained before Lt. Surge, who he'll take on mano-a-mano (solo).

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE! As you probably know, you have to trade Clefairy for Mr. Mime in Yellow. So catch a Clefairy in Mt. Moon, and immediately return to route 3 via Escape Rope, or walking if you so choose. Heal up, and enter the patch of grass below. Continuously solo wild Pokémon until Clefairy faints, without items. The amount of wild Pokémon soloed gives Mimien additional restrictions:

1 - May never learn a move > 70 BP
2 - Must solo all future Jessie/James encounters and one Giovanni battle.
3 - Solo Sabrina
4 - May only ever attack
5 + - No restrictions.

Vratix: Catch an Onix, name it Arock because he is better than Brock
(get it, A - B, haha).
whatever restriction Mimien gets take the number immediately before it for Arock.
(if you get the number 1 for mmimien then go with 2, not 5)

Daenym: Catch any wild Pokemon while you have an open slot in your party (it cannot be sent to the box!). This must be done before going into the Cerulean Gym. Whatever the Pokemon's HP is at the time of catching is the Pokedex # of the Pokemon you must use for your challenge. Name it "Fate."

Fate must solo one gym leader/E4 member that his type is weak against. If you are unable catch him until after you're past any gyms that fill this requirement, then he has to solo your rival.

His first two moveslots must be TMs. His third is any STAB move learned through level up. His fourth is any status/boost/etc move learned through level up.

If the Pokemon is an evolved form, you may catch it in any pre-evolved state and evolve it ASAP. If it is a NFE Pokemon, it may never evolve.

If you get anything that is absolutely impossible ridiculous for your challenge (read: Kakuna, Magikarp) you can reroll. But if it's something like a Pidgey or Dratini, you have to go for it.

Bob Squob: Catch another Clefairy, name it Wishmaker. It aspires to become a Jirachi, so it can only evolve once it knows 4 moves that Jirachi can learn.

Eevee 3: You get Valdast the EeveeValdast was experimented on by Team Rocket scientists trying to create a Flying-type evolution of Eevee. They failed, but succeeded in scarring Valdast for life. Valdast now hates all Flying-types, and must evolve into Jolteon to combat them. He also must solo all Flying-types in the game. He also must solo at least one Giovanni encounter.

This will be started tomorrow, and I tend to roll through gameplay pretty quick, so I should have the first update up by Wednesday at the latest.

Which Pokemon you can catch? I was gonna leave it up to you, since you obviously can't know what the stats are of the Pokemon until you've caught it. Buuuuuut if you really want an extra touch of restriction, alter it to:

Catch a wild Pokemon while you have an open slot in your party (it cannot be sent to the box!).

You can either catch the third Pokemon you encounter on Route 3, the fourth Pokemon you encounter on Route 4, or one of the following in Mt. Moon: Lvl 13 Clefairy, lvl 13 Zubat, and lvl 13 Paras. (Protip: Those are all obtainable in B2 where you fight the Rockets)

Whatever the Pokemon's HP is at the time of catching is the Pokedex # of the Pokemon you must use for your challenge. Name it "Fate."

[...]

If you get anything that is absolutely impossible ridiculous for your challenge (read: Kakuna, Magikarp) you can pick a different one of the catching conditions. But if it's something like a Pidgey or Dratini, you have to go for it. (And if by some insane chance you get Kakuna, Weedle, Metapod on your 3 attempts, you're stuck with that Metapod, so beware!)
The rest of it's the same, I do believe. Oh, and bonus points ('cuz I'm totally keeping score) if you just say screw it and toss a Pokeball before you injure it. Then, if it escapes, alternate attacking and Pokeballs till you get it. This isn't required by any means, just what I'd do if it were my challenge. Almost ruins it if you lower it to obviously single digit so you get something in the starter line (though I'd lawl seeing you go up against Blaine with Ivysaur >.>).

Oh, and definitely do an update in here to let us know whatever you end up getting restricted to. I'm half hoping you get something hilarious like Ekans, but also sorta rooting for you to get something epic like a Nidoking. Good luck!

tl;dr

Too damn bad. Go back and read it.

It is a pokemon that only has one type. Eg. Rattata is mono-normal, Pidgey is dual-typed (Normal/Flying). A mono-attack pokemon can only use on attacking move. Hopefully that answered your question. =]

Anyways, I need one more pokemon for my Ruby-Scramble. The accepted pokemon are as follows;

Dratini, NN CrazyUncle. Must keep Dragon Rage or Outrage. No other STAB, and must -Rage whenever it goes to Yellow HP. (TM13IceBeam)

Cubone, NN LoneBones. Must know an Ice move and Rage, must solo every wild Dark type. (LevitatingLamprey)

Eevee, NN Pilfer. Must solo (Flannery) to evolve into (Umbreon). It is limited to only learning (11) new moves, must not learn any TMs prior to trading. (pimpgangster)

Treeko, NN Shyster. Cannot attack unless the foe has a lowered Defence or the move will lower Defence. (callforjudgement)

I am not taking any more LG 'mon. I just need one creative Scramble local to Ruby. If it happens to be Music-ally themed, let it not be a certain pink Bunny.

Please?

Ok, im declining bwburke94's GODCHU because it's impossible without trading (I checked) Still need one more for Firered scramble

The Team
****** (Shellder) it may only know moves with less than 100 accuracy. (kingofkongs)

Dratinice! (Dratini) It cannot use moves with 90 or more power. (DetroitLolcat)

Birdy (Pidgey) can only use Bird moves (Flying type moves, Steel Wing, and Whirlwind) and Tackle. It must solo its rivals, Spearow and Fearow, every time you battle one. (auramaster)

ET (Clefairy) Must hold Moonstone from Mt. Moon. Must return after one turn as Clefairy. Evolve to Clefable when learns return. Clefable must have Return. (Jirachinaught)

MEOW MIX (Meowth) ability is Pickup, can't be used against Electric-types until it evolves, must know Hidden Power to evolve. (yaya0)

Gir (Charmander) must be 1st to faint in significant battles, must know 4 different type moves ASAP. (Vratix)

EDIT: added Vratix's Gir, now starting challenge

@Oda

Bring a Charmander, name it Gir.
Gir is messing up all of the time and noticeably.
Therefore if any pokemon faint during a Gym leader/Giovanni/E4 battle it must be Gir and no other pokemon may faint before Gir. (Note: if you can win without anything fainting then Gir does not have to faint) Additionally, ASAP Gir may not have any two moves of the same type.

So, this isn't directed at anyone in particular. I had wondered about a certain attack combination earlier today, and, after figuring out if it could be done, realized it could have the potential for a pretty fun Scramble Pokemon.

If anyone's interested in starting a Scramble (or still needs a Pokemon), post and I'll give you the full rules (I check in here regularly, but you can PM me if you want, too). But, to do this Pokemon, you need to have the following:
One game from RSE
One game from FR/LG (with no Move Tutors used throughout the game)
Ability to trade between those games
(*Optional*)Ability to migrate/shift Pokemon up to 4th Gen (and even 5th Gen if you want).

I realize not everyone has quite as many of the games as I do, so no worries. I'm gonna start creating this guy right now, though, and see just how infuriating he really is.

I'm taking a Ruby Scramble.
- Moderately difficult, but keep it sane.
- I'm taking 2 LG pokemon across as eggs, from the list above. No more, no less.
- Evolution restrictions are forbidden. Restrictions are fine.
- Nicknames are required, and I am reserving the right to reject stupidity.
- No full moveset restrictions. "Must have Substitute" (example) is fine.
- Think colourful.

Anyways, have at me. =]
What is this I don't even...
I am not taking Condom the Shuppet.

I'ma try this again...

SimonSays, you get a variable challenge!

Roll a six-sided die four times to determine your mon. (No evolution restrictions.)

And yes, this is the same one as I gave kok. I'm just lazy.

First Roll (Pokemon):

1: Slakoth
2: Ralts
3: Duskull
4: Swablu
5: Vulpix
6: Seedot

Second roll (Requirement):

1: Solo 50 wild Pokemon in a row (no running)
2: Solo 50 trained Pokemon in a row
3: Never use STAB
4: Mono-attack
5: Always be highest-levelled team member
6: Level-up moves only

Third roll (Nickname):
1: PieFace
2: RNGSUX
3: UrMom
4: UBinTrolld
5: Over9000
6: OMGWTFBBQ

Good luck!

Okay, so I am doing a pokemon Yellow walkthrough challenge. The required pokemon I had to use (Briefly):

Pikachu (Nicknamed Puny)- Solo Brock
Mr. Mime (Miles)- Long random list above.
Arock (Onix)- Restriction below Mr. Mime on long list.
Daenym- Long List above, went through the process and ended up with Nidorino.
Wishmaker (Clefairy)- Evolve when all 4 moves can be learnt by Jirachi
Valdast (Jolteon)- Defeat all flying types, Solo Giovanni once.

Current Team:

Meru Level 19
1. Thundershock
2. Quick Attack
3. Double Team
4. Tail Whip

Fate Level 13
1. Poison Sting
2. Bide
3. Tackle (Not Usable)
4. Leer (Not usable)

I have managed to get the whole way to Mt. Moon.
Log:
- Started Game, named myself Dart, Rival Lenus.
- Got Pikchu, nicknamed Meru.
- Defeated Lenus at the lab.
- Went and got package for Oak and brought it back.
- Beat Lenus again on the path out to Victory Road.
- Worked my way through Route 2 and Viridan Forest to Pewtwer City.
- Grinded to get Meru up to a level were it could pull off the improbable, all the while wishing it was like the anime (yes, I am that old to remember the beginning) and set off the sprinklers.
- Finally get what I though was high enough and challenged trainer in gym and won, but got defeated by the stupid biding onix.
- Grind some more
- Finally beat Onix and Brock.
- Get out to route 3 and capture third pokemon. Is a spearow I caught at full health I(Meru ohko-ed every time I attacked because of grinding) and its health was 33. That meant it was a Nidorino nicknamed "Fate" was needed.
- Backtrack to path to Victory Road to catch Nidoran. Came back and started leveling it up.

That is as far as I have gotten so far. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get through the Cereleun gym, so keeping looking for the progress that is being made.

Hah. I even said Nidoking. Well, I'm glad you've got something that's at least pretty decent. Have fun with Sabrina/Giovanni. With Nidorino's movepool you'll kill it XD

SimonSays

You get Baron the Aron. It loves rhyming, and hates the fact that Lairon and Aggron don't rhyme with its name. It hates its trainer more and more each time it evolves. As an Aron, all four of it's moves are usable, make it evolve and only two moves can be used. Aggron, only one move. These moves cannot be changed between battles. So if in it's first battle, Aggron uses Iron Defense, that's the only move it may ever use. So make it a good attack.

But Baron's not through with you yet. You make it evolve, it also loses it's cuteness. All the colourful accessories it used to wear, the beautiful Silk Scarf it holds, they're lost upon reaching Lairon (yes, make it wear a Silk Scarf as an Aron, I believe you can get one in Dewford, no?). Without it's beauty, it just doesn't feel like trying anymore, and refuses medicine in battle. Outside of battle, it coma down enough for you to administer potions and whatnot.

Oh, and it's so lovely as an Aron, it must solo the champion. If it's a Lairon, solo two Gym Leaders/E4, and Aggron must solo one Gym, in it's entirety, or not be used in the E4 at all.

Ruby-Crossover Scramble

Yes, so what does this mean?

I'm taking a Ruby Scramble.
- Moderately difficult, but keep it sane. Abra that must solo Sidney with Thief to evolve is a hell no.
- I'm taking 3 LG pokemon across as eggs, from the list above. No more, no less.
- Evolution restrictions are forbidden. Restrictions are fine.
- Nicknames are required, and I am reserving the right to reject stupidity.
- No full moveset restrictions. "Must have Substitute" (example) is fine.
- Think colourful.

Anyways, have at me. =]

Dratini, NN CrazyUncle. Must keep Dragon Rage or Outrage. No other STAB, and must -Rage whenever it goes to Yellow HP.

Cubone, NN LoneBones. Must know and keep an Ice move and Rage, must solo every wild Dark type.

Eevee, NN Pilfer. Must solo (Flannery) to evolve into (Umbreon). It is limited to only learning (11) new moves, must not learn any TMs prior to trading.

Treeko, NN Shyster. Cannot attack unless the foe has a lowered Defence or the move will lower Defense.

(Duskull), NN (Over9000). Must (solo 50 trained pokemon in a row).

Aron, NN Baron.
- If evolved (Lairon), is stuck with 2 moves permanently. If evolved again, 1 move permanently.
- As an Aron, must hold Silk Scarf. If it evolves, it doesn't feel pretty anymore, removes the Silk Scarf, and cannot use Medicine during battle.
- If it is an Aron, must solo the Champion. If it's a Lairon, must solo 2 Gym Leaders/E4. If it's an Aggron, must solo one whole gym or not be used in during the Elite Four.

It would appear that I've been had at. So, it all begins today.

And this time, I'm saving the Goddamn game.

Wish me luck. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)