Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Paradox: A Skorupi named "Threadshot." All of its attacking moves must be the same type attack.
one of my rules was that no monotype movesets (ever since the F***ING MONO ELECTRIC PACHIRISU). if you meant all attacks have to be either special/physical/or that yin and yang symbol thing then nvm.

@treadshot lol charmander is gonna be super OPed int he beginning of the game...it learns dragon rage at level 16 (OHKOs for everything level 20 and under please? xD)

The Politoed Hunter said:
TreadShot A1, this is your time to shine. ;)

A'ight, I'm doing a Pokemon Pearl run. Rules are here:

1) RED BECAUSE MUST BE READ (cwutididthar?)
I want this challenge to be one of the most difficult in existence. As such, I want you guys to make the Pokemon I use as difficult as possible. Lame Pokemon won't be accepted.

Definition of lame:

• No offers such as 'Magikarp with only Tackle' will be accepted. I want it to be excrutiatingly difficult, but fun at the same time.
  • Pokemon that just aren't that difficult. Be exotic! Give me the most mind stompingly hard Pokemon you can!
2) The starter Pokemon must be one from an egg, coming from Pokemon SoulSilver. It can be any Pokemon you wish, except the obvious 'Magikarp/Caterpie/Weedle/etc.' It must have at least one egg move, and of course, must be interestingly hard.
3) Aside from the Egg Starter, trading is not allowed unless to promote evolution.
4) Pokemon able to be caught in Pokemon Pearl only, except for the aforementioned Egg Pokemon.
5) Pokemon that go against the rules won't be accepted.
6) NEW: No two Pokemon of the same type.

Spheal: It must have Fissure as an egg move. It may evolve after learning Sheer Cold and soloing a gym leader of your choice with Fissure + Sheer Cold. You can solo one early with just Fissure, but you still have to wait for Sheer Cold. One of your other two moves must be a non-attacking move and the other one cannot be STAB. It can evolve from Sealeo into Walrein after destroying one of Bertha's Pokemon with Fissure.
Onix: It cannot evolve into Steelix unless it soloes Candice, and upon doing so it must immediately evolve into Steelix. It cannot know level-up Rock or Steel moves until it evolves to Steelix, and it cannot learn Ground moves by level-up (TMs are allowed in either case). It must have a Modest nature.
Starly: Named WingTied, its must be Whirlwind, Defog, Endeavor and Wing Attack, If it is male, you can never run from any wild pokemon, if its female, you must fight all the random trainers you come across, it can only evolve after soloing all of Wakes pokemon, and can only evolve again if once it reaches level 50.
Cherubi: It must have a modest nature. Evolve it when you want and its moveset should be: take down, bullet seed, worry seed and lucky chant. It can't battle when sunny day is active and must solo Byron.
Chimecho: it has to keep whatever moves it has when you catch it (if you catch it as a Chingling, it is allowed to learn level up moves until it has 4, after that no more moves, and you can't have any moves deleted/replaced by other moves). The only exception is the move Heal Bell, if your Chimecho/Chingling has Heal Bell, you must immediately asap fly to Canalave City and have it deleted (replaced by the next level up move). Also, no TM's or HM's. Must solo at least one member of the E4. Name it "RestorePlz".
Staryu: it must know the moves Surf, Camouflage, Gyro Ball, and Endure with a +Speed nature before evolving. To make it more difficult, it must solo Aaron to evolve. Also, it must have illuminate and NEVER forget ANY of those moves.

Hit me with your best shot.

I'll start this later. I need to get the Spheal first. >:D

-swablu-Qtip-must solo liza and tate to evolve
-Feebas-must know icebeam to evolve
-anorith-bug stab to evolve
-treecko-It must learn and keep Screech always. Using the move tutor, teach it Swagger. You must solo one of Wattson's Pokemon with a Swagger + Screech combo, only those moves to evolve into Grovyle. You may then delete Swagger if you want. Cannot become a Sceptile until you beat your Rival in Victory Road.
-ralts-Saf7-Have it evolve to Kirlia only at Lv. 30 or higher, and Gardevoir exactly 6 levels after (if you happen to have not fulfilled the coming requirements by then, it remains a Kirlia forever). However, it cannot evolve to Gardevoir until after you beat Mossdeep Gym (not just Ralts/Kirlia, you can beat the gym with whatever you feel like), and it has to KO a Wailmer as well (which if i remember correctly, are abundant around Mossdeep).
-magikarp-must learn rain dance
-Wingull-cant evolve, must solo flannery
-Magneton-343GUILTY-must be caught as a magneton in new mauville, and must always keep the move SPARK

4 more pokes, Emerald no trading whatsoever

I'll give this a shot in fireRed.
Make it moderately challengeing but not hairpulling-challenging.
Nicknames and a starter are a must.

-bring IvoryCoast the Spearow. It may not evolve until it KOs a gym-leaders pokemon using Mirror Move.

one of my rules was that no monotype movesets (ever since the F***ING MONO ELECTRIC PACHIRISU). if you meant all attacks have to be either special/physical/or that yin and yang symbol thing then nvm.
Yeah, sure. Go with that. You can pick either special or physical.

@Doomvendingmachine: bring IvoryCoast the Spearow. It may not evolve until it KOs a gym-leaders pokemon using Mirror Move (I think it learns that. If not just solo the Celadon gym).

@politoed hunter
What happened to my machop challenge? too intense for you?

@doomvendingmachine
your starter shall be bulbasaur, name him "Looker". it may only evolve into ivysaur if it takes out misty's staryu without using vinewhip or Razor leaf. it may become a venasaur if it knows synthesis, and you have fed it at least 4 calciums.

bumping my challenge to this page

Game: platinum (but i can trade things in. i will have a max of 3 traded in pokes. they will be in eggs unless it is impossible)
1: all pokemon suggested must be able to evolve
2: all pokemon may only evolve once under my care, (no 3rd stage pokes if starting from the base stage)
3: if the pokemon's base stage may not be found in the wild (i.e. magby), then you must suggest the next stage in line (i.e. magmar). thus i will be able to evolve into magmortar, since i started with a magmar under my care. this only applies to the 3 pokes not traded in
4: i do not need my platinum starter poke, but you may suggest the starter if you want.
5: a full list of pokes i don't want: magikarp, any of the base > lvl 7 > lvl 10 bugs, togepi (i may never want to see another togepi again after the last challenge), extremely rare pokes (i am not hunting for a munchlax from honey trees), WOBBUFFET, CHIMECHO, LUMINEON, and of course pokes that don't evolve. the extremely rare pokes do not count for the trade ins, since i probably already have one in my collection.
6: no monotype movesets (give some coverage people...)
7: try and diversify the team. if you see 3 water pokes dont give me another one >_>
8: i would like all pokes to be obtainable, and able to evolve by the time i enter the reverse world.
9: i'll probably end up giving an everstone to every single poke i have, but if you really want a certain item on a certain poke then by all means do it.

Current team
I give you Larvitar. It must be a traded Pokemon from a different game (no egg hatching for you). It must solo either Wake or Maylene while disobedient to evolve to Pupitar!
take a Beldum called Steel Easy. Make sure it is an AgiliTang by the E4. Also, you must use it to solo at least one Gyarados, at any time during the course of the game.
catch a swablu and name it kamikaze. It may not evolve untill it koes one Candice's pokemon and itself with Perish song (meaning you must stay in and let it ko you and your opponent may not ko you before the turns are up or it doesnt count). It may not learn any tm or hm moves until it evolves. Optional: don't teach it sing and perish song at the same time
take a Bonsly (let me know if this is too rare to hunt for) It can evolve once it wastes a pokemon with a super effective move it obtains through mimic. It must keep Mimic forever.
A Skorupi named "Threadshot." All of its attacking moves must be the same type attack. (either all physical or all special)
only 1 more poke can be traded in, everything else has to be caught in game

Yeah, sure. Go with that. You can pick either special or physical.

@Doomvendingmachine: bring IvoryCoast the Spearow. It may not evolve until it KOs a gym-leaders pokemon using Mirror Move (I think it learns that. If not just solo the Celadon gym).
Does it have to do all the damage to the gym leaders pokemon with mirror move or may mirror move just be the final blow?

Also, does spearow have to keep mirror move after it evolves?

-bring IvoryCoast the Spearow. It may not evolve until it KOs a gym-leaders pokemon using Mirror Move.

-Take a Meowth. It may evolve whenever you wish, but as a Persian it must learn every TM it can and can never know any moves by level up. This only starts when it becomes Persian.

-your starter shall be bulbasaur, name him "Looker". it may only evolve into ivysaur if it takes out misty's staryu without using vinewhip or Razor leaf. it may become a venasaur if it knows synthesis, and you have fed it at least 4 calciums.

Need 3 more FireRed

@doomvendingmachine I'll give you a variation on something I actually found useful. Take a Meowth. It may evolve whenever you wish, but as a Persian it must learn every TM it can and can never know any moves by level up. This only starts when it becomes Persian.

I had this with Ekans, didn't evolve it til level 40 and it ended up with Double Team, Toxic, Earthquake and Return. Actually very useful in the E4.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Your starter is Squirtle. It muse be poisoned to evolve into Wartortle.
You may not have a Blastoise until Squirtle/Wartortle solos one pokemon from each Gym Leader and Rival Battle.

Edit: Obviously not the Champion rival battle.

This is not that hard.

Your starter is Squirtle. It muse be poisoned to evolve into Wartortle.
You may not have a Blastoise until Squirtle/Wartortle solos one pokemon from each Gym Leader and Rival Battle.

Edit: Obviously not the Champion rival battle.

This is not that hard.
Paradox already gave him Bulbasaur.

@doomvendingmachine I'll give you a variation on something I actually found useful. Take a Meowth. It may evolve whenever you wish, but as a Persian it must learn every TM it can and can never know any moves by level up. This only starts when it becomes Persian.

I had this with Ekans, didn't evolve it til level 40 and it ended up with Double Team, Toxic, Earthquake and Return. Actually very useful in the E4.
@Dexington: Do you mean that it would know 4 tms of my choosing or must i teach it every tm that it can learn that i come across (that would suck up A LOT of good tms...)

@DetroitLolcat: Sorry lolcat ive already got a starter, however you do have one of my favorite nuzlocke challenge stories if that means anything.

-Take a Meowth. It may evolve whenever you wish, but as a Persian it must learn every TM it can and can never know any moves by level up. This only starts when it becomes Persian.

-your starter shall be bulbasaur, name him "Looker". it may only evolve into ivysaur if it takes out misty's staryu without using vinewhip or Razor leaf. it may become a venasaur if it knows synthesis, and you have fed it at least 4 calciums.

-Catch a Vulpix/Growlithe (not sure which one's in FR). You may evolve it only using the Fire Stone hidden in a boulder at Mt. Ember.

Need 2 more FireRed

Does it have to do all the damage to the gym leaders pokemon with mirror move or may mirror move just be the final blow?

Also, does spearow have to keep mirror move after it evolves?
Sorry for not being specific. No it does not have to do all of the damage, just the KO. Yes, it does have to keep Mirror Move.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
doomvendingmachine said:
@DetroitLolcat: Sorry lolcat ive already got a starter, however you do have one of my favorite nuzlocke challenge stories if that means anything.
Thanks. Because of this comment I'm posting an update today.

After looking at second gen Sunkern, I have decided to remove it from my challenge, as it doesn't get any useable moves outside of synthesis. If wanted, can replace 1 pokemon from my HG run. Also, which pokemon in HG should be my starter?

I like giving (relatively) easy challenges!

doomvendingmachine: Catch a Vulpix/Growlithe (not sure which one's in FR). You may evolve it only using the Fire Stone hidden in a boulder at Mt. Ember. Look for it. :)

vikingraider: Use Totodile. Yeah, that's it.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
An update on my SoulSilver Scramble.

7 Kanto Gyms down. Blue is next, then it's off to Mt. Silver and Red, followed by the Elite Four Rematch.

Individual Pokemon:

fat Hannah (f)
Modest / Natural Cure
Level 66
Shadow Ball, Water Pulse, Double-Edge, Ice Beam

It took about 20 tries for fat Hannah to solo Blaine, thus allowing it to evolve. I ended up needing a Focus Sash to do it, just to survive that damn Rapidash. I probably should have gained a couple more levels beforehand, but leveling a Chansey is a pain in the ass. Double-Edge will be replaced with Rock Climb for Red, Water Pulse with Shadow Ball.

I (m)
Rash / Cute Charm
Level 57
Light Screen, Meteor Mash, Metronome, Moonlight

Metronome had the fortune of using Fling on my Toxic Orb, ridding me of it. In the spirit of the challenge I need to get a new one before I continue. It is a royal pain in the ass though with Cute Charm. Moves will get an adjustment before Red, going to ditch Moonlight for Facade.

Fearless (m) @ Shell Bell
Brave / Own Tempo
Level 57
Earthquake, Return, Power Whip, Gyro Ball

Currently working on Voltorb Flip for enough points to buy Ice Beam, thus turning Fearless into the ultimate badass Mixed Wallbreaker in the analysis. It successfully KO'd the Snorlax using successive Rollouts (no one said it had to solo it :P ) and thus was allowed to evolve.

Sprocket (m)
Lonely / Levitate
Level 59
Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Lick, Taunt

It easily soloed six Gym Leader Pokemon as a Haunter (even soloed Sabrina), so it was allowed to evolve. I didn't like the nickname slutMuffin so I named it after myself.

Lanturn (f) @ Magnet
Modest / Volt Absorb
Level 57
Discharge, Aqua Ring, Confuse Ray, Surf

Lanturn is a mixed blessing. On the one hand it completely nullifies Electric attacks, and it knows immensely powerful Surf and Discharge for those pesky 2v2 battles. On the other hand, it's extremely dangerous in 2v2 battles with anyone except Nidoqueen. Discharge will be replaced with Thunderbolt once Blue is down.

Nidoqueen (f) @ BlackGlasses
Bold / Poison Point
Level 57
Poison Fang / Cut / Earth Power / Crunch

I'm not going to lie, Nidoqueen feels damn near useless. I'm probably going to replace Poison Fang and Cut with Flamethrower and Thunderbolt, to at least give it some usefulness. She had no problem fainting in the Vermilion Gym battle.

As far as Kanto goes, the hard part was S.S. Aqua at first, then Lt. Surge, and then leveling up. I ended up downing Surge, then going around Kanto and fighting every trainer I could before challenging the gym leaders. I'm going to spend the time to level all my Pokemon to exactly 70 before I challenge Red, as I expect that to be a downright epic battle.

I already have totodile, but I will take your (lack of) restrictions for it.

Still need to replace Sunkern before starting Silver, and will also use the totodile in HG (replacing Gyrados)

Starting HG tommorow

Ugh, i wish i could take back the pokemon i gave paradox808, cause i've got a GREAT one for platinum only. Just wanted to put that out there. Also, I still need 1 more pokemon for my FireRed challenge as well as a rule clarification on the persian.

-Catch a Vulpix/Growlithe (not sure which one's in FR). You may evolve it only using the Fire Stone hidden in a boulder at Mt. Ember.

-Take a Scyther from either the Game Corner or the Safari Zone, your pick. It can't evolve (I don't think it can evolve in FireRed anyway, can it?). You must teach it Fury Cutter at level 49.

Need 1 more FireRed

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
@ doomvendingmachine, have I given you one yet? If not:

Take a Scyther from either the Game Corner or the Safari Zone, your pick. It can't evolve (I don't think it can evolve in FireRed anyway, can it?). You must teach it Fury Cutter at level 49.

vikingraider; catch a smeargle and name it CaptPlanet. It cannot be used in a gym leader or elite 4 battle until it knows a move of each of these types; ground, water, fire, and flying. You may then not delete any of those moves.

Edit: and obviously you must only obtain these moves in game from wild pokemon or trainers.

@doom You don't have a water type so how about....oh, Shellder!

Evolution condition: It has to lay the finishing blow on each of a Gym Leader's Pokemon.
The leader is determined one when you get one. So if you get one before fighting Koga, it's him, if it's before Blaine it's him and so on.
If you can get one before taking on Silph, finishing Giovanni is also an option.
It can't have surf until it does so, either.

edit: double checking, you can get one with the Super Rod at Pallet, Vermilion, or One Island. I know for a fact you can "sequence" break and get the Super Rod before Sabrina at least. Actually, the requirement may only be getting the Pokeflute to get to the house on the bridge? It's been a while since I did my lg challenge but I think that's what I did.

Thanks everybody! i still want a rule clarification on that persian, but i can get started now anyways.
My team:

-Take a Scyther from either the Game Corner or the Safari Zone, your pick. It can't evolve (I don't think it can evolve in FireRed anyway, can it?). You must teach it Fury Cutter at level 49.

- Shellder! It has to lay the finishing blow on each of a Gym Leader's Pokemon. The leader is determined one when you get one. So if you get one before fighting Koga, it's him, if it's before Blaine it's him and so on. If you can get one before taking on Silph, finishing Giovanni is also an option.
It can't have surf until it does so, either.

Wish me luck!

Edit: looking back on this i'm realizing the rediculous amount of money i'm going to need to spend for 4 calciums AND a scyther, lol.

i'm kind of unclear about the exact specifications of the challenge. Am i allowed to ONLY catch the pokemon on the list, the pokemon on the list plus hm slaves, or can i catch whatever i want as long as i replace it with something on the list when i get the listed pokemon? Someone please clear my confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)