Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
START
Knight Charmander
"Your starter is Knight the Charmander. He is a Knight through and through, and must have a Knightly nature: Adamant, Bold, Brave, Calm, Gentle, Hardy, Lonely, Modest, Quiet, or Rash. He must always know 2 of the following: Metal Claw, Iron Tail, Steel Wing. He can evolve to Charmeleon whenever you please, but he must solo 2 gym leaders of choice to evolve into Charizard." - Mr.Rubiks
Twitter Pidgey
"You get Twitter the Pidgey. Twitter is obsessed with Twitter. Whenever it gets into a major battle like a rival battle or Gym battle, it has to Tweet about it. Therefore, it must use a non-damaging move while it Tweets. Can evolve into Pidgeotto whenever it wants, but to evolve into Pidgeot, it must have Tweeted at least 10 times. (A Tweet is basically a major battle appearance.)" - Samurai 796
BROCK
NeedleKing Nidoran M
"NeedleKing Nidoran(M). Available after Brock. Must solo Gary battle on Nugget Bridge. Must always know Double Kick(asides from the first few levels), because it just loves kicking people, to show that it's the King. Aside from that, it must always have Poison Sting, because it's the signature move of the King. To demonstrate its power, it must use it in every single battle." - TM13IceBeam
MISTY
Ace Diglett
"Catch a Diglett and call it Ace. This Diglett wants to be like the Red Barron, so teach it Aerial Ace. Since it loves the sky, it cannot use Dig but must keep it on its moveset because its a Diglett. You cannot evolve him to Dugtrio." - AddieThunder
ERIKA
Poli Poliwag
"after defeating Erika, catch a Poliwag named Poli. It cannot evolve to Poliwhirl unless its ability has activated in a previous battle. It can evolve to Poliwrath whenever you want, but after evolving it cannot learn any new moves." - auramaster
SURGE
FaShizzle Cubone
"Order change-up Fight Surge AFTER you fight Erica but before you fight Sabrina/Koga. Once you beat Surge go catch a Cubone. Name it FaShizzle and only evolve it if it solos any 2 of Sabrina's pokemon" - Vratix
SABRINA
ChngeOfHrt Gastly
"Between Sabrina and Koga, backtrack to Lavender Town and catch yourself a Gastly. As a Gastly it is rather Timid (yes, it must have a Timid nature), so it may only use status moves. It must solo any one Pokemon in Koga's Gym to evolve to Haunter. As a Haunter it experiences a huge amount of boosted self-esteem, so it must replace all its moves with attacking moves ASAP. If you can trade, you may evolve it to Gengar whenever you wish, as long as it has four attacking moves. If you evolve it into Gengar, the moveset it had when it evolved will be its final moveset, since it feels confident enough that it shouldn't have to change. Regardless of whether or not it evolved again, you must solo all three of Agatha's Ghost-types. Name it ChngeOfHrt." - Dummy007
KOGA
Moira Vaporeon
"take a Vaporeon & name it Moira. Must have a moveset of Rain Dance/Surf/Ice Beam (Or Blizzard)/Shadow Ball before the E4, must solo an E4 Member of your choice." - Its A Random
BLAINE
Raphael Omastar
"Take a Omastar called 'Raphael'.
Raphael is the master of constriction.
Must know constrict." - ObsidianRanger
GIOVANNI
RAEP Gyarados
"Get a Gyarados whenever it is most convenient (actually a Magikarp). This Gyarados must know Dragon Dance, Substitute and Flail and must be named RAEP. Solo any single E4 pokemon since theres already a bunch of solos." - Texas Cloverleaf
E4

I've decided to change from my original plan for how I'll do the story, so now you can follow my challenge from the beak of Twitter the Pidgey, @leafspidgey

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@Iggdrasil: Accepted, Sheddy should be fun.

@Pika25: Accepted, only need to solo Brawly Outright & Sidney's Shiftry & Cacturne.

4 more to go.

lol @ twitter for my Twitter the Pidgey. Might need to use that one again...

I'm not sure if any of you planned this, but the 1st Gym Leader in Emerald is an asshole now.
Ralts-Deals Damge, Can't take a hit
Taillow-Can't Do Damage, Super Weak
Marill-Not allowed to use Water Gun so crap damage, can't take hits
Skitty-Bad damage, Can take roughly three hits

I'm trying to rely on Skitty to use Attract and Sing, Lower Defense to -6 with Tail Whip, and Tackle to death.
That is absolutely miserable, if anyone noticed and/or planned that, you suck...

@Its A Random
Yes.

In case zdrup doesn't want Swablu, then he gets an Aron. If it has a Neutral, +Attack or +Defence nature, then it must know all physical moves, otherwise, it must know all Special moves.

Have fun. If you choose this one instead.

Samurai, can you provide a link?

Throw another Scramble my way, I'm doing this on Diamond this time.

Yes, I've got all but a round of my Diamond pokes Poke-Transferred. Once I get the Deoxys from Ranger GS, then Poke-Transfer done, and Diamond is ready to be erased (by the way, this would actually be my fifth file on this Diamond; the first two were to get starters onto Pearl, the third was used by Marko, a friend of mine, and I needed the pokes exclusive to Diamond, such as Stunky and Dialga, transferred onto Pearl, and the fourth was used for my Pikachu solo run, where the egg that eventually hatched into Pika in the fourth file was originally obtained in the third file, transferred to Pearl for most of the steps, then transferred again to the fourth Diamond file to be hatched)

I have never been in a Sinnoh Adventure since the Torterra/Pachirisu combo that I used in Platinum where Pachirisu was itself a hatchling, so no restrictions on Pokemon except no trades (in-game trades are fine)

I am planning on using eight team members including the starter, so without further ado, BRING IT ON!

Bring a MEP. It must be -Special Attack nature. Must always lead in every battle that you don't have to solo. It may never be healed through potions/restores/medicines, only at Pokemon Centers and story characters healing (like when you get healed before fighting Cyrus at Spear Pillar, or Cheryl in Eterna Forest, etc.), and you may never, ever, ever use teleportation (no teleport, no excape rope, no fly,etc.). That means no fly, period.

Name it "FifthWheel".

@Pika, take a Bibarel called Jawz.
Can only know STAB moves and moves that don't do direct damage. If you want it hard, make it solo the ghost gym, if not, then that is all.

@Pika25
I don't think I know how to link, if you could tell me I'd appreciate it.

Take a Stunky. Name it FreshlyCut. It can only learn special attacks, and can evolve once it has a full moveset of special attacks. (No non-dmaging moves either.) It must solo Fatina and Cynthia's Spiritomb.
Once Skuntank, for every 5 GL/E4 pokemon you take down, excluding mandatory solos (Fatina and Spritomb), you may remove a special move and use a physical move or status move. Of course, only as a Skuntank and solos prior to evolution don't count.

edit: I always get ninja'd. My Tynamo challenge was going to be easy, because you could solo Flying lady, but then someone ninjas me and makes it hard. I suppose don't make it hard? If not do tell, and I will think of something new.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Pika25, take an Abra, name it Psichic. It must know & keep Teleport & Hidden Power, & contrary to what Treadshot says, if Abra faints, you MUST use Teleport after the battle =P & it must solo a Gym Leader of your choice. No restrictions on evolution.

Have fun.

@Samurai 796: Accepted, need three more. Also, for the last three, do refrain from giving me challenges I'm taking in my current Scramble. Such examples include Cheri Berry Zubat, Mono Attacking Corphish, etc.

EDIT: Actually, to complete the obviously Anti-Treadshot challenge, you must do what's inside the strikes Pika. Also, another hint for you: Choice Specs. ;)

@Pika25:

take a chimchar named NOweak...
must always know only stab moves and you have to solo every type that it is weak to and is not reserved from another challenge...

I'm gonna get in on the Scramble action. :D

I'm going to be doing a Black Scramble with these (not too serious) restrictions.

1. I can use -any- Pokemon from any region, just nothing like a Magikarp or something equally useless. Egg moves are also allowed, as are any TM and HM moves.
2. No nicknames, I like using the original Pokemon names.
3. My team would need to be able to learn all the HMs required to advance in the game. If I have 5 Pokemon and none of them can learn Surf, for example, then the last one will need to be able to; for obvious reasons. :)
4. I don't need to have one of the starters in my game, if I don't then someone will need to specify which of my Pokemon will be my starter.
5. Since some of the Pokemon won't be catchable as I'm allowing any Pokemon, the ones from another region will need to be given an entry-time for them to be added to the team.

That should just about cover it. Not too hard, please, just something a little more challenging than usual :)

JerkyGunner: Take a Lillipup, it can evolve into Herdier after it picks up 5 Rare Candies. It must learn Strenght and Retaliate. Whenever a teammate dies, Herdier needs to enter the battle and use Retaliate (even on Ghost types).
Have Fun

Fun fact: only Cut is required to advance the storyline, and it's only used once.

Anyway, take a Darumaka. It must be caught before the third Gym, but cannot be used in this Gym (that'd be too easy). Instead, it must solo Elesa to evolve. After it evolves, it must never learn Superpower or Flare Blitz, and it must solo Grimsley of the Elite 4.

I am awaiting three more team members.

Diamond Scramble 8 Members

1, Treadshot A1
Pachirisu, MEP: must be -SpA, leads in every battle that no other team member has to solo (like FreshlyCut on Spiritomb or Fantina), and may never be healed through items, only at the centers or in-game NPC's, no means of teleportation (no use of Teleport, Dig, or Fly, or Escape Rope to heal MEP)

2, ObsidianRanger
Bibarel, Jawz: only STABs and status moves are allowed, may solo the Hearthome Gym except Fantina (soloed by FreshlyCut instead)

3, Samurai 796
Stunky, FreshlyCut: evolve to Skuntank upon learning a full moveset consisting of special attacks only, no status moves either; must solo Fantina and Spiritomb; once Skuntank, for every 5 GL/E4 Pokemon it KOs, excuding the mandatory solos, may delete a special move for a physical or status move, of course only as a Skuntank and solos prior to evolution will not count

4, Its_A_Random
Abra, Psichic: must learn and keep Teleport / Hidden Power, no restrictions on evolution, solo a Gym Leader of choice

5, ironman
Chimchar, NOweak: always know only STAB, solo every type it is weak to and isn't reserved for another team member

Random's an idiot. Pika can't do what's inside the strikes. It has to be under the strike (sing.).

So your Anti-Treadshot Challenge is kinda self defeating.

The MEP laughs at you.

Oh, and Pika, that challenge was no means of teleportation, AT ALL. Just to be clear, you can't fly, escape rope, teleport, for any reason. Friendly reminder, is all. ;)

Jerky Gunner: take a Victini from the Wondercard, assuming you have it. It must never exceed level 40.

if you can't get a Victini, then you get a Roggenrola, who must be released when you get to Mistralton City (as in, right when you arrive for the first time, release it). Catch the next Boldore you see. You then have a choice. You can either go with Boldore, or you can go to Mistralton Cave and nab any Pokemon from there you want, even Cobalion.

Also, can I propose a new system? Like this:

Person 1: MEP must solo Gym 4
Person 2: solo all gyms that arent reserved for others
Person 3: solo all pokemon that aren't served for others.

This is really annoying to figure out who needs to solo what, and just annoying to type in general.

So, I say, person 1 should go: MEP must solo Gym 4 (Priority 1)
Person 2 can then take priority 2, and person 3 can take priority 3. This way, priority 1 overrides all others, 2 overrides priority 3/4/5/6, etc.

This way, I can also say this: MEP must solo all grass types (Priority 3). That means someone else can come in with a challenge with priority of 1 or 2 which can take precedence over this one, like: Chimchar must solo Grass Gym (priority 2). That would make it that Chimchar tackles the Grass gym, but MEP handles everything else grass.

The only reason i say this is that this way I can set my challenge a certain importance, that no one else can override unless I allow it. If I post before you, and I said priority 1, then it is top priority and that's that. Obviously we have to coordinate it so that we don't have any overlapping numbers, but if you're all competent then that shouldn't be a problem.

I am awaiting three more team members.

1, Treadshot A1
Pachirisu, MEP: must be -SpA, leads in every battle that no other team member has to solo (like FreshlyCut on Spiritomb or Fantina), and may never be healed through items, only at the centers or in-game NPC's, no means of teleportation (no use of Teleport, Dig, or Fly, or Escape Rope to heal MEP)

2, ObsidianRanger
Bibarel, Jawz: only STABs and status moves are allowed, may solo the Hearthome Gym except Fantina (soloed by FreshlyCut instead)

3, Samurai 796
Stunky, FreshlyCut: evolve to Skuntank upon learning a full moveset consisting of special attacks only, no status moves either; must solo Fantina and Spiritomb; once Skuntank, for every 5 GL/E4 Pokemon it KOs, excuding the mandatory solos, may delete a special move for a physical or status move, of course only as a Skuntank and solos prior to evolution will not count

4, Its_A_Random
Abra, Psichic: must learn and keep Teleport / Hidden Power, no restrictions on evolution, solo a Gym Leader of choice

5, ironman
Chimchar, NOweak: always know only STAB, solo every type it is weak to and isn't reserved for another team member
Zubat, UltraBatty: its very very batty about anything and must show that its an epic bat by always having wing attack on its moveset. Solo Maylene(EASY) to evolve into Golbat, solo Byron(HARD) to evolve into Crobat.

JerkyGunner: Take a Maractus. Because it despises its cactus cousin, it can't use any move that Cacturne can learn (limits moves to peck, sweet scent, mega/giga drain, acupressure, petal dance, cotton guard, after you, safeguard and aerial ace). For added challenge, it must solo Brycen.

@jerkygunner you get an emolga. two stab attacking moves of each type (electric and flying) and for the two remaining status moves you can only use one each battle. it must also solo any pokemon either electric or flying (not both so not other emolgas or zapdos)

NOTE: You may say that this can't learn surf, well lillipup can so ha

Almost there, just one more Pokemon and we may as well designate this last one to be my starter. Remember, it can be any Pokemon, it doesn't need to be a B/W starter (especially not Tepig; I used him in my original play-through).

So far the team is as follows:

Pokemon 1: ?????????
Pokemon 2: Lillipup; it can evolve into Herdier after it picks up 5 Rare Candies. It must learn Strength and Retaliate. Whenever a teammate dies, Herdier needs to enter the battle and use Retaliate (even on Ghost types).
Pokemon 3: Darumaka; it must be caught before the third Gym, but cannot be used in this Gym (that'd be too easy). Instead, it must solo Elesa to evolve. After it evolves, it must never learn Superpower or Flare Blitz, and it must solo Grimsley of the Elite 4.
Pokemon 4: Roggenrola; must be released when you get to Mistralton City (as in, right when you arrive for the first time, release it). Catch the next Boldore you see. You then have a choice. You can either go with Boldore, or you can go to Mistralton Cave and nab any Pokemon from there you want, even Cobalion.
Pokemon 5: Maractus; because it despises its cactus cousin, it can't use any move that Cacturne can learn (limits moves to peck, sweet scent, mega/giga drain, acupressure, petal dance, cotton guard, after you, safeguard and aerial ace). For added challenge, it must solo Brycen.
Pokemon 6: Emolga; two STAB attacking moves of each type (Electric and Flying) and for the two remaining, status moves, you can only use one each battle. It must also solo any pokemon either electric or flying (not both so not other Emolgas or Zapdos).

@Pika25 You get a Cranidos.

It loves to Headbutt its opponents, and can only use moves that require it to use its Head. (list: Headbutt, Zen Headbutt, HEAD SMASH.)
You can also have on stat-boosting move: (Rock Polish, Swords Dance, Focus Energy)

Name it Rex.

Have Fun!

JerkyGunner: Your starter is a Chansey. Trade it in at level 5. It must know Aromatherapy or Heal Bell and have had full PP ups applied to that move. In battle, unless Aromatherapy or Heal Bell has run out of PP, you may not heal status by another other means.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Sorry for dping, yadda yadda yadda, but once I complete my current Sapphire Payback Scramble, I plan to do another one. It's basically a regular Scramble, except people may only give me challenges I've issued in the past. Moving on, here are the rules...

• Sapphire Version
  • No Trades
  • Difficulty doesn't really matter, because...
  • Only Challenges I've issued for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald in the past will be accepted
  • When giving the challenge, I expect a quote of the challenge & the link to the original post
  • You don't really need to think up of challenges, so reservations are void, i.e. your reservation will be ignored.
  • Make sure the challenge is possible in Sapphire, replace references to the other version with references to Sapphire if you really need to (e.g. There is no Juan in Sapphire, so sub him for Wallace, etc)
  • If it helps, my posts are found as early as roughly page 107, excluding the OP (Which I was given by Haunter)
  • Make them fun
Without further ado, give me challenges! (Oh, almost forgot, do make sure I have a chance against Wattson...)
  • Shedinja: May never be the lowest leveled member on my team (Iggdrasil)
  • Swellow (Swellowned): Evolve before Rival Battle on Route 110, must know & keep Protect Facade & Aerial Ace/Fly, solo Brawly, & Sidney's Shiftry & Cacturne (Pika25)
  • Aron: If it has a Neutral, +Attack or +Defence nature, then it must know all physical moves, otherwise, it must know all Special moves (Samurai 796)
  • TBA
  • TBA
  • TBA
Repost.

@Treadshot: I don't care, if I say he must do what's in the strike, he must, no exceptions. Besides, what's not to stop Pika from sending MEP (And mine for that matter) into the PC, never to come out? Then he can do the Teleportation thing.

One more...

1, Treadshot A1
Pachirisu, MEP: must be -SpA, leads in every battle that no other team member has to solo (like FreshlyCut on Spiritomb or Fantina), and may never be healed through items, only at the centers or in-game NPC's, no means of teleportation (no use of Teleport, Dig, or Fly, or Escape Rope)

2, ObsidianRanger

3, Samurai 796

4, Its_A_Random

5, ironman

6, TM13IceBeam
Zubat, UltraBatty: it's very, very BATTY and thus must keep Wing Attack, solo Maylene for Golbat and Byron for Crobat

7, EEVEE3
Cranidos: Only use moves that require use of its head (list is Headbutt/Zen Headbutt/Head Smash), and may also have one stat-boosting move

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
@Pika25, you get a Shellos, name it UShelly? If it is pink, it may only know physical moves. If it is blue, it may only know special moves. Whenever another one of your pokes are hit with a move that is super effective against them that UShelly? resists, you must immediately switch to him/her, unless there is a solo requirment.

If I understand this right, I'll do a scramble challenge of Crystal. I'll be doing it on an emulator, so no trading. Tell me what y'all want me to do

Tangelo, take a Totodile. It must only fight against opposing water and grass types. Switch out should any other type come into play.

Random, I mean Pika can't do what's inside the strikes, because a strikeout isn't a tag you put before and after, rather directly over the text. Hence he can only do what's underneath the strike (singular, not strikes). Thus, your wording made your point moot. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)