Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

-No trades
-2 Pokes by Roark including starter.
-3 Pokes by Fantina
-5 Pokes by Wake
-6 by Candice
-Medium difficulty.
-Don't make me use too many TMs.

(I feel comfortable beating Roark with Budew/Machop. Just don't make me use Chimchar and Starly)

Aops, you get a Buizel. Editing now.

You get Planetary the Buizel. This Buizel has better things to do than place restrictions on itself. Instead, it places restrictions on you.

No using Fly, ever. No Teleport either, should you get a Pokemon with that. -6

You can only use 3 Pokemon to fight Cyrus. These three Pokemon may change between battles, but three Pokemon only. The others may not be used as death fodder for healing purposes. -3

You must go to Fuego Ironworks, and use Buizel to catch a Luxio. Release said Luxio in Sunyshore City. The Luxio is just there to waste your time, really. -1

Each Pokemon must hold an item. -1

On your first trip to Smowpoint City, leave all but one of your Pokemon in the PC. That Pokemon must beat every trainer you face, beat the Snowpoint Gym and beat every Galactic trainer you meet. -5

You can only use NVE moves against Byron and his Gym Trainers. -4

Your final play time after beating the E4 must be greater than 9 hrs. -2

You'll note that each restriction has a number after it. You start out at 5. You can lower your number by the amount specified after a restriction to void that restriction. There's no way to increase the number (in other words a -6 restriction cannot be removed).

Ok, AOP, you will be getting Random the Clefairy :)

Will edit in a moment :D

Random the Clefairy's restrictions:

1). Must learn Metronome ASAP!
2). Max out Metronome's PP ASAP!
3). Must use Metronome first in any and all battles.
4). One physical move, one Special move, and one non-attacking move (Metronome doesn't count).
5). Must solo 4 Gym leader pokes with Metronome. One must be a GLMP.
6). Must use Metronome against all 6 of your rivals pokes at some point. You only have to do this once.
7). Solo one E4MP.
8). If you fail this: solo Cynthia's Garchomp without ice move (Metronome pulling an ice attack doesnt count).
9). May not be your lowest level poke.
10). Have fun and good luck :D

You get Planetary the Buizel. This Buizel has better things to do than place restrictions on itself. Instead, it places restrictions on you.

No using Fly, ever. No Teleport either, should you get a Pokemon with that. -6 I never use Fly in-game

You can only use 3 Pokemon to fight Cyrus. These three Pokemon may change between battles, but three Pokemon only. The others may not be used as death fodder for healing purposes. -3 Use 3 points here

You must go to Fuego Ironworks, and use Buizel to catch a Luxio. Release said Luxio in Sunyshore City. The Luxio is just there to waste your time, really. -1 Whatever

Each Pokemon must hold an item. -1 OK

On your first trip to Smowpoint City, leave all but one of your Pokemon in the PC. That Pokemon must beat every trainer you face, beat the Snowpoint Gym and beat every Galactic trainer you meet. -5 OK

You can only use NVE moves against Byron and his Gym Trainers. -4 OK

Your final play time after beating the E4 must be greater than 9 hrs. -2 You don't need to impose that restriction.

You'll note that each restriction has a number after it. You start out at 5. You can lower your number by the amount specified after a restriction to void that restriction. There's no way to increase the number (in other words a -6 restriction cannot be removed).
I have 2 points left...damn.

Aops, since you still have two points, you can add this restricton:

Buizel can only use two moveslots. Each additional moveslot requires the spending of one point to unlock. (-1 per moveslot)

canno

formerly The Reptile
AOPSUser, you get Guardian the Turtwig

Guardian believes that Defense is it's best stat. Thus, it must learn a Defense-Boosting move ASAP and keep it. Every time it enters a battle, it must use its Defense-Boosting attack first. It also cannot attack the opponent until the opponent attacks it, as Guardian is a pacifistic and will only inflict damage in an act of self defense. Guardian thinks he needs to protect his teammate, so every time one of your pokemon get hit with a SE hit, he must switch in. In order to evolve into a Grotle, he must "protect" (switch in after a pokemon is hit with a SE attack) his teammates 10 times. In order to evolve into Torterra, he must have Protect and keep it.

^Thanks. Pretty easy as Turtwig gets Withdraw to start and Protect is available by TM in Veilstone.

Now I need a challenge. (other than Buizel)

(Also might soft reset for Impish nature, but whatever.)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
AOPSUser, take a Pachirisu called A1 Rebel. This Pachirisu has a rather aggressive personality, which was caused by A1 when he tried to turn this poor Pachirisu into an MEP, & as a result, has become an Electric-hating Rebel, & hates them with a passion. Pachirisu must solo every third trained Electric type you encounter from the moment you catch it (Double Battles don't count), & it must have a moveset of Bide, Dig, Grass Knot, & Hidden Power, all learned ASAP. Have it solo a Gym Leader of your choice as well.

Have fun.

@AOPSUser, take a Sneasel named Claws. As I'm sure you know, Sneasel appear around Snowpoint City, very late in your adventure, while the other Pokemon on your team appear relatively early in the game. Your team will bond with each other as you travel, and Claws just can't seem to fit in as the new guy. If he ever battles, the other Pokemon will laugh and refuse to help him out, instead leaving Claws out until he wins or faints. But Claws still wants to fit in, and always tries to help by switching in after a teammate has fainted.

Soon he will evolve to Weavile, and things don't get any better. Now the Pokemon fear him for his scary looks, and Claws finally gives up on earning their affection. He must always hold a berry that tastes bitter to match his bitterness, and must learn and keep Frustration. Still, he is in the habit of switching in to help, so out of pure inertia he will keep doing it and his teammates will still refuse to help. He stays this way until the E4, when Claws finally meets someone who feels the same: Lucian. Even Gamefreak doesn't like him; his dialogue is fairly short, he gets weak Pokemon like Mr. Mime and Girafarig, his role in the anime was insignificant compared to the other E4 members...they are happy to meet. They have a battle to encourage each other, which of course Claws wins, and the show of strength by soloing an E4 member convinces the other Pokemon to befriend him. He can now switch out to a teammate, and he must hold a Sweet tasting berry to celebrate having new friends.

AOPSUser, 'Gratz, mate. You get P. Wright the Abra. This Abra is obviously Phoenix Wright, and thus must do the following things to prove it.

-First, from the time you catch him, he must always hold any kind of ball. Later on, it must be a plate from underground.
-To prove his interrogating skills, he must know Future Sight
-To show his lawyer skills, he must know Trick
-Finally, since he is a lawyer, he must only know one attacking move besides Future Sight.

Next, to prove that Crasher Wake really committed the crime, he must solo all of his pokemon, and to put the nail in the coffin with evidence, you must use two items during that battle on Mr. Wright.

Finally, in order to collect some evidence, you must pick up every item that you see on the ground and can only use items during battle(Key items and TM's are exceptions), unless you are giving it to a pokemon. This challenge can be stopped, however, by soloing one gym leader with Wright.

Actually, after much thought, I think King Serperior's challenge is to hard along with auramaster's. They both make me solo a Gym Leader, and Clefable you can get in one of two ways:

-Mt. Coronet after Snowpoint. (I wanted it before Snowpoint.)
-Trophy Garden daily Pokemon. (Super rare)

Nice try though. I suppose I could do it if you take out the restriction where I have to solo 4 Gym Leader Pokemon.

AOPSUser, you get Guardian the Turtwig

Guardian believes that Defense is it's best stat. Thus, it must learn a Defense-Boosting move ASAP and keep it. Every time it enters a battle, it must use its Defense-Boosting attack first. It also cannot attack the opponent until the opponent attacks it, as Guardian is a pacifistic and will only inflict damage in an act of self defense. Guardian thinks he needs to protect his teammate, so every time one of your pokemon get hit with a SE hit, he must switch in. In order to evolve into a Grotle, he must "protect" (switch in after a pokemon is hit with a SE attack) his teammates 10 times. In order to evolve into Torterra, he must have Protect and keep it.
AOPSUser, take a Pachirisu called A1 Rebel. This Pachirisu has a rather aggressive personality, which was caused by A1 when he tried to turn this poor Pachirisu into an MEP, & as a result, has become an Electric-hating Rebel, & hates them with a passion. Pachirisu must solo every third trained Electric type you encounter from the moment you catch it (Double Battles don't count), & it must have a moveset of Bide, Dig, Grass Knot, & Hidden Power, all learned ASAP. Have it solo a Gym Leader of your choice as well.

Have fun.
AOPSUser, 'Gratz, mate. You get P. Wright the Abra. This Abra is obviously Phoenix Wright, and thus must do the following things to prove it.

-First, from the time you catch him (gonna be a pain training him from level 5), he must always hold any kind of ball. Later on, it must be a plate from underground.
-To prove his interrogating skills, he must know Future Sight
-To show his lawyer skills, he must know Trick
-Finally, since he is a lawyer, he must only know one attacking move besides Future Sight.

Next, to prove that Crasher Wake really committed the crime, he must solo all of his pokemon, and to put the nail in the coffin with evidence, you must use two items during that battle on Mr. Wright.

Finally, in order to collect some evidence, you must pick up every item that you see on the ground and can only use items during battle(Key items and TM's are exceptions), unless you are giving it to a pokemon. This challenge can be stopped, however, by soloing one gym leader with Wright.
Ok, AOP, you will be getting Random the Clefairy :)

Will edit in a moment :D

Random the Clefairy's restrictions:

1). Must learn Metronome ASAP!
2). Max out Metronome's PP ASAP!
3). Must use Metronome first in any and all battles.
4). One physical move, one Special move, and one non-attacking move (Metronome doesn't count).
5). Must solo 4 Gym leader pokes with Metronome. One must be a GLMP.
6). Must use Metronome against all 6 of your rivals pokes at some point. You only have to do this once.
7). Solo one E4MP.
8). If you fail this: solo Cynthia's Garchomp without ice move (Metronome pulling an ice attack doesnt count).
9). May not be your lowest level poke.
10). Have fun and good luck :D
@AOPSUser, take a Sneasel named Claws. As I'm sure you know, Sneasel appear around Snowpoint City, very late in your adventure, while the other Pokemon on your team appear relatively early in the game. Your team will bond with each other as you travel, and Claws just can't seem to fit in as the new guy. If he ever battles, the other Pokemon will laugh and refuse to help him out, instead leaving Claws out until he wins or faints. But Claws still wants to fit in, and always tries to help by switching in after a teammate has fainted.

Soon he will evolve to Weavile, and things don't get any better. Now the Pokemon fear him for his scary looks, and Claws finally gives up on earning their affection. He must always hold a berry that tastes bitter to match his bitterness, and must learn and keep Frustration. Still, he is in the habit of switching in to help, so out of pure inertia he will keep doing it and his teammates will still refuse to help. He stays this way until the E4, when Claws finally meets someone who feels the same: Lucian. Even Gamefreak doesn't like him; his dialogue is fairly short, he gets weak Pokemon like Mr. Mime and Girafarig, his role in the anime was insignificant compared to the other E4 members...they are happy to meet. They have a battle to encourage each other, which of course Claws wins, and the show of strength by soloing an E4 member convinces the other Pokemon to befriend him. He can now switch out to a teammate, and he must hold a Sweet tasting berry to celebrate having new friends.

No using Fly, ever. No Teleport either, should you get a Pokemon with that. -6

You can only use 3 Pokemon to fight Cyrus. These three Pokemon may change between battles, but three Pokemon only. The others may not be used as death fodder for healing purposes. -3 and 3 here

You must go to Fuego Ironworks, and use Buizel to catch a Luxio. Release said Luxio in Sunyshore City. The Luxio is just there to waste your time, really. -1

Each Pokemon must hold an item. -1

On your first trip to Smowpoint City, leave all but one of your Pokemon in the PC. That Pokemon must beat every trainer you face, beat the Snowpoint Gym and beat every Galactic trainer you meet. -5

You can only use NVE moves against Byron and his Gym Trainers. -4

Your final play time after beating the E4 must be greater than 9 hrs. -2

Can only have two moveslots. -22 points here

You'll note that each restriction has a number after it. You start out at 5.I have no more left. You can lower your number by the amount specified after a restriction to void that restriction. There's no way to increase the number (in other words a -6 restriction cannot be removed).
I accept the challenge!

*Turns on Diamond*

Oh hello Professor Rowan! Yes, I know everything about Pokemon. Even more than you. (sigh)

Oh, my name? Why, I am Smogon! And my friend? His name is DERP.

*Roll opening shenanigans*

Oh no! Starly! Nothing Turtwig can't handle!

*Uses Withdraw then beats up Starly.*

*DERP leaves and I have to follow. Sigh.*

After doing a lot of grinding, I now have a level 11 Turtwig, with which I beat up DERP. I went and got myself a level 5 Abra, which I named P. Wright. After "saving" P. Wright from 10 Zubat Leech Lifes, I can now evolve Guardian. I also took the time to catch two HM Slaves for later, a Bidoof and a Geodude. I went through Oreburgh Gate. Then who is to be outside the Gym? DERP! I grind a little in the mine and follow Roark back to the gym for an easy battle.

After using Withdraw, I OHKO Geodude and Onix with Absorb, staying at max HP. Roark is frustrated, but now Cranidos is out...

Cranidos Leers twice. This is dangerous...

Roark uses a Potion. Cranidos then uses Headbutt the next turn.

A CRITICAL HIT!

^-^

Hang on Guardian!

Guardian hangs on with 1 HP and KOs Cranidos with Absorb!

PHEW!!!!

Team:

Guardian: Turtwig lv. 14
Item: none
-Tackle
-Withdraw
-Absorb
-Razor Leaf

P. Wright: Abra lv. 12
Item: Poke Ball
-Teleport

HM SLAVE: Bidoof lv. 4
Item: none
-Tackle

HM SLAVE: Geodude lv. 6
-Tackle
-Defense Curl
-Mud Sport
-Rock Smash

This chapter begins in Oreburgh Gym, with the Coal Badge in hand. Smogon leaves the gym with TM76 Stealth Rock, which he will not use for this entire run. He heads back to Jubilife.

Back in Jubilife, there are two insanely easy Grunts who Smogon fights with Dawn. Guardian OHKOs both Glameow with Razor Leaf after taking 2 Scratches at +1 Defense. Smogon then heads for Flaroma.

Smogon goes outside Valley Windworks for his next two Pokemon, A1 Rebel and Planetary. He then performs the extremely easy solo of Valley Windworks with P. Wright the newly evolved Kadabra. Then he is challenged by Mars...

The two square off. Smogon leads with P. Wright and Mars leads with Zubat. P. Wright smashes Zubat to the ground with a Confusion. P. Wright is then sidelined for Guardian. Guardian Curses once, taking a Scratch. It takes another Scratch and then OHKOs with a critical hitting Razor Leaf.

After an extremely easy run through Route 205, where Planetary solos a bunch of trainer owned Geodudes, Smogon runs into Eterna Forest, which is very easy to get through. P. Wright grinded on all the Pokemon in the forest. Then Smogon leaves for Eterna City...

His first step is the gym. After soloing all the trainers with P. Wright, it is on for the gym battle:

Smogon leads with P. Wright, while Gardenia leads with Cherubi. P. Wright launches a Confusion which smashes Cherubi to the ground, but Cherubi is able to stand up. Cherubi then uses Growth. P. Wright smashes it to the ground with yet another Confusion. Gardenia then sends out Roserade, which lives a Confusion and will OHKO P. Wright back with Magical Leaf. However, ROSERADE USED GRASS KNOT AND P. WRIGHT LIVES BY 4 HP! P. Wright finishes off Roserade and Turtwig comes out. P. Wright uses Confusion. It will be a 2HKO... Then Turtwig uses REFLECT. P. Wright finishes his solo in style. Forest Badge Get!

Badges: 2
Retries: 0
Pokemon: 4

From MVP to LVP:

[pimg]65[/pimg]

Level 23
Item: Poke Ball
-Teleport
-Confusion
-Disable

Absolutely beast this chapter. Soloed Gardenia, as well as most of the trainers after evolution.

[pimg]391[/pimg]

Level 20
Item: Repel
-Tackle
-Absorb
-Curse
-Razor Leaf

Starting to become deadweight...

[pimg]423[/pimg]

Level 12
Item: Repel
-Growl
-Pursuit
-Quick Attack
-Water Gun

I just got it. I predict a nice increase in usefulness soon

[pimg]422[/pimg]

Level 11
Item: Honey
-Bide
-Spark
-Hidden Power
-Grass Knot

Completely deadweight. I don't see a change coming at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)