Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

I wasn't even thinking about grinding. I was just planning on going about the game at a normal pace, like I often tend to do. Are Audino really that good for getting exp?
YES!! OH JOY, FOR ANOTHER ONE OF MY PEOPLE HAS DISCOVERED THE AWE THAT IS AUDINO GRINDING!!!!

Joking aside, it is very useful at times (*cough cough* the second *cough cough* run through the *cough cough* elite 4 *cough cough*)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@Professor Science: Yes, c/p fail, fixed.

@MagicMissingno: Let's put it this way, only Chansey & Blissey dish out more exp. Than what Audino can, iirc, & that's saying something.

Hey guys, I'm almost finished with my Sapphire Challange. So in order to get the next challange started ASAP, I'm going to start a new challange, so I don't have to wait awhile to receive my team.
The game will be Platinum.
Rules:
Medium-Hard difficulty.
No complicated number systems that have to keep track of. Simple ones are fine.
I would like all of my Pokemon to evolve at least kind of near when they should evolve.
I can ask to tweak Pokemon, I probably won't but just in case something surpasses my skill level by a bit.
EDIT: I would a appreciate a backstory for each Pokemon too!
Thanks!
By the way I'm loving my first scramble, despite it being frustrating at 2 or 3 points.

@MagicMissingno: Let's put it this way, only Chansey & Blissey dish out more exp. Than what Audino can, iirc, & that's saying something.
It would be amazing if there were high leveled wild Chansey that you could actually BATTLE in the games. Like back in R/B.... you could battle Lv. 60+ Chansey in Cerulean Cave... though by that point in the game, you hardly needed the EXP. Also, it's amazing that Audino can be found in ANY route.... that's just GODLY.

Please remind me, is it only the normal grass that shakes, or the doubles grass?

Hey guys, I'm almost finished with my Sapphire Challange. So in order to get the next challange started ASAP, I'm going to start a new challange, so I don't have to wait awhile to receive my team.
The game will be Platinum.
Rules:
Medium-Hard difficulty.
No complicated number systems that have to keep track of. Simple ones are fine.
I would like all of my Pokemon to evolve at least kind of near when they should evolve.
I can ask to tweak Pokemon, I probably won't but just in case something surpasses my skill level by a bit.

Thanks!
By the way I'm loving my first scramble, despite it being frustrating at 2 or 3 points.
Okay, I'm going to reserve something for you as I take eons to write a detailed Word-edited (curse you SpellCheck + GrammarCheck) backstory and put in hundreds of thousands of useless, pointless, and quite frankly, annoying requirements that'll troll you from the moment that you get the Scramblemon.
Okay, fine. No trolling :)

@ Hwang

Reserving a Pokemon. Please stand by.

You get Dashie the Houndour

Dashie is a blessing to most teams as she does not have anything wrong about battling, normally. Unfortunately Dashie is a tad lazy and needs to be placed in a box from 5 to 7 PM so she can take a nap. You may have her battle without the nap, but she will be cranky and use the least effective attack possible until the next day. This can be bypassed for the E4 and Champion battles.

To summarize
A female Houndour named Dashie
Must be put in a PC box from 5 to 7 PM
Violations of the above rule result in her using the least effective attack in battles for the rest of the day
Ignore the challenge during the E4.

Hwang, I am reserving SlowMo the Rhyhorn.

I will edit shortly.

As I said, you will get the slowest Rhyhorn in existance!!

This little guy has a very thick skull (Rock Head) and cannot learn things very fast.
He once entered the academy that all Rhyhorn must attend, but was expelled the very next day.
Because he missed so much at the academy, he doesn't understand that he is a Physical Attacker (Must use only Special and non-dammaging moves ASAP). He also doesn't understand the concept of STAB (No STAB).
His slowness has also affected his speed!! (-Speed Nature).
He is so slow that he will actually evolve 10 levels too late!! (Evolve at LV. 52 > 42).
His troubles don't end there because he evolves again, but a little late!!! (Evolve after getting to the Pokemon League).
Those two evolutions smartened him up slightly!! He knows a little more about typing now!! (May now use one STAB move. Must solo Aron of the E4).

Good luck teaching this fellow :P

Reserving a Ralts for Hwang, will edit shortly.

Edit: Hwang, take a Ralts called Ambiguous.

In a manner similar to humans, Ralts culture features a heavy divide between males and females. Male Ralts are expected to grow into big and strong Gallade, while female Ralts are expected to become prim and proper Gardevoir. An awful lot of pressure is put onto the young Ralts to fit into their assigned role, and unfortunately for Ambiguous, this just isn't how (s)he works.

Ambiguous must be the first Ralts you encounter, or if you fail to capture it, must at least be the same gender as that first Ralts. The gender of the captured Ralts, as stated by the game, determines the restrictions as follows:

Male:

Ambiguous was born male, but always felt more attuned to the female way of life. Therefore, while culture will force Ambiguous to evolve into a Gallade, she will live as a female and go through life as if she were a Gardevoir.

In essence, Ambiguous will go through all the motions that any Gardevoir would. Any attacking moves must be special - no physical moves allowed. You can optionally teach Ambiguous one physical move, but using the move distresses her - next turn, she will switch out and refuse to fight for the rest of the battle (if a Trainer fight) or until healed at a Pokémon Centre (if a wild battle).

Furthermore, since Ralts culture has the unfortunate side effect of causing females to feel they are weaker than males, if Ambiguous ever falls into red HP, she must switch out for a male Pokémon on your team who must stay out until Ambiguous has been healed to green HP. If she faints, the next Pokémon to sent out must be male and must try their best to revenge kill. If this isn't possible for whatever reason (e.g. all male Pokémon are fainted or can't be sent out due to another restriction), then just ignore it.

Female:

Ambiguous was born female, but always enjoyed the rough-and-tumble of male life to the dignified approach of his peers. While culture will force Ambiguous to evolve into a Gardevoir, he will live as a male and go through life as if he were a Gallade.

In essence, Ambiguous will go through all the motions that any Gallade would. Any attacking moves must be physical - no special moves allowed. You can optionally teach Ambiguous one special move, but using the move distresses him - next turn, he will switch out and refuse to fight for the rest of the battle (if a Trainer fight) or until healed at a Pokémon Centre (if a wild battle).

In Ralts culture, males are heralded as strong upholders and the protectors of women, and Ambiguous feels more at home with this. If a female Pokémon on your team ever falls into red HP, Ambiguous must switch in to act as a shield, and won't leave until the female Pokémon is healed to green HP. If a female Pokémon on your team faints, Ambiguous must switch in and try his best to revenge kill. If this isn't possible for whatever reason (e.g. Ambiguous has fainted), then just ignore it.

Summary:
Ambiguous the Ralts
- Must be the first Ralts you encounter. If you fail to capture this Ralts, the Ralts you do eventually capture must be of the same listed gender.

If game lists gender as male:
- Ambiguous wants to be treated as female for all purposes.
- Must evolve into Gallade.
- May have at most one physical move. Using this move distresses Ambiguous, who will switch out and refuse to fight until the end of the battle (if a Trainer fight) or until healed at a Pokémon Centre (if a wild battle).
- If fallen into red HP, must switch out for a male Pokémon who must stay in until Ambiguous has been healed into green HP.
- If fainted, a male Pokémon must revenge kill or die trying.

If game lists gender as female:
- Ambiguous wants to be treated as male for all purposes.
- Must evolve into Gardevoir.
- May have at most one special move. Using this move distresses Ambiguous, who will switch out and refuse to fight until the end of the battle (if a Trainer fight) or until healed at a Pokémon Centre (if a wild battle).
- If a female Pokémon on your team falls into red HP, Ambiguous must switch in and protect them until they have been healed into green HP.
- If a female Pokémon on your team faints, Ambiguous must revenge kill or die trying.

Probably my most complicated Scramblemon so far, but the restrictions boil down to something simple enough in the end, I think. It's also caused Ralts and family to seem much more sinister; I never realised how sexist they all were! D:

Team so far:
Dashie the Houndoor (MagicMissingno)
Ambiguous the Ralts (Tetrinity)
SlowMo the Rhyhorn (KingSerperior)
Whatever RBZW decides to give me.
Questions:
MagicMissingno, by 5-7pm do you mean in real life or in-game clock? (I don't remember if they are different)
Tetrinity: If the Ralts is a female, she won't have any Physical moves until I get a Physical TM, so does that mean that she will be pretty much useless until the a get the TM? Or can I use Special moves until I get the TM?
Also, when switching in to save a female Pokemon do I have to use a potion to heal it immediately? Or can I just leave it in the red and then not use it until the battle is over/Ralts faints?

Tetrinity: If the Ralts is a female, she won't have any Physical moves until I get a Physical TM, so does that mean that she will be pretty much useless until the a get the TM? Or can I use Special moves until I get the TM?
Also, when switching in to save a female Pokemon do I have to use a potion to heal it immediately? Or can I just leave it in the red and then not use it until the battle is over/Ralts faints?
Was wondering about that myself, I just noticed how terrible Gardevoir's physical movepool is. Remember that you >can< use one special move on a (game-stated) female Ralts if you want, it'd just have to switch out afterwards. That seems a bit unfair if it's your only choice though... I'll make it so that if you get the female version of the challenge, you can use Confusion without penalty until you get your first physical move, which should be taught ASAP.

And yes, if you've switched out a Pokémon since it was in the red, you don't have to heal immediately. You're just not allowed to use the Pokémon that was in the red until it has been healed.

I know it isn't technically a Scramble, but for the heck of it, I feel like reporting that after 3 days, I finished my Drifloon-only run of Platinum version. It was a lot of fun, even though it started taking ages to get it to level up near the end. In the beginning, many battles were won by abusing Unburden with Berries.

Final moveset was

Drifloon @ Wise Glasses
Naive Nature
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Stockpile
-Will-o-Wisp

Hall of Fame image:

I really enjoyed it.

So now, I'm looking to do another solo run, this time on Emerald. Anybody have any suggestions?

Reserving a starly for hwang

Hwang take Fierce the Starly,Fierce has had a very troubled life he lost his parents at an early age but he got through it quite well.Fierce loves to fight, loves to fly and is very brave as a result Fierce must have the moves Close Combat,Brave Bird and Fly.Fierces dad died when the forest they lived in was overturned by machines as a result Fierce hates machines and must solo Bryon, his mom died when she got lost in a hailstorm so he must solo Candices Abomasnow bringer of hail and he admires Maylenes fighting spirit so he must not be used in the fight against Maylene

T-tar phantom, your starter and solo runner will be identified as Kippy the Mudkip. I will allow evolution, but only to Marshtomp (provided you reach Mauville). No restrictions otherwise.

I wasn't really looking to have something assigned, I just wanted some ideas. Regardless, Mudkip is my favorite starter, and when I was younger, I soloed Emerald with Swampert at least 5 times. Marshtomp wouldn't be that different

Double-posting because I am on my Nintendo 3DS, and it doesn't allow me to save my edit. I want to ask arceustar if he restarted his White, and if so, how Shelly the Oshawott is doing.

Hwang, you get Calm the Meditite. This particular Meditite was a pacifist, not liking the rough Fighting styles of its' brethren Metitite and Medicham. Because of this, it refuses to use any Physical attacks or Fighting attacks, renouncing its' Fighting type and choosing to focus solely on its' Psychic background instead. Because of its' refusal to conform to the Meditite way, the other Meditite and Medicham ganged up on it and nearly killed it before leaving it for dead. Slowly recovering in solitude, Calm gained an intense hatred for its' own kind. So, if you see any Trainer-owned OR wild Meditite or Medicham, Calm goes into an uncharacteristic fury, refusing to switch out or run from the battle until it drops or until the enemy's party is wiped out. After these bursts of immense rage, Calm refuses to battle until it heals at a Pokemon Center, wanting to wash the wounds of shame off. And finally, since its' name is Calm, it must always have Calm Mind on its' moveset once it learns it. To evolve, it must defeat Byron, to show that even without Fighting-typed moves, it can be strong. Enjoy. :D

Double-posting because I am on my Nintendo 3DS, and it doesn't allow me to save my edit. I want to ask arceustar if he restarted his White, and if so, how Shelly the Oshawott is doing.
I haven't done it yet and since I only have one 5th gen game, I'll keep my old file and start a new one without saving.
I'll probably do it in the Easter holiday but I may do it sooner.
Either way, I'll put a link in my sig when I start

Hwang, you wanted a Scramblemon for a Platinum challenge, around an 8-9/10in difficulty. Therefore, I give you… (Drumroll please…) Healer the Blissey!

Since you are playing Platinum, you can no longer receive a free Happiny egg from a hiker in Hearthome City… so you are going to go to Route 209 or 210 (south) to catch a lovely Chansey! Is that not amazing?

However, the challenge requires that you start from a HAPPINY, so catch a Chansey, and box it. While you are at it, catch a male Clefairy, and make sure it knows Metronome. Box it as well. Let me guess: you think this is like King Serperior’s Random the Togepi challenge, right? Well, you are not TOO far off…

Okay, just so you know, in order to breed for a Chansey, you need the Luck Incense. It is found in the basement of the Ravaged Path. I forget exactly what you need to get it, but just to be on the safe side, bring along a Pokémon with Surf and Rock Smash.

Once you have all of that, breed a lovely Happiny egg that you will keep in your party for QUITE a long time. Because you started your journey in Twinleaf Town, you want Happiny to start its life in there too, so FLY TO TWINLEAF (alternatively, walk to Twinleaf AFTER boxing the Egg). Happiny MUST hatch within your bedroom. Have fun with that!

Name Happiny “Healer” then put a MALE sign after. To make it more realistic, name it “Healer {male sign}” as that would be the full 10 characters, and it would put the male sign right beside the female… kind of. It believes that it is a MALE, and it is GAY. It SHOULD have Metronome from Clefairy… and that will be your ONLY attacking move for quite a while, and just to make things harder… Healer cannot learn Toxic.

Happiny, being gay, loves other men. However, it realizes that all other members of the Blissey family are female, so it cannot mate with them. Whenever Happiny is sent out against a Male Pokémon, use Attract, and then use Charm until he is at -6 Atk. It finds a partner in Barry (I know, it makes no sense) and challenges him for her/his love (Always have to solo Barry). However, if Barry has a fighting-type, Healer has to switch to Ambiguous as it has a type advantage over Fighting types.

Healer knows his/her weakness for Fighting-types, and cannot attack them at all. Moreover, it wants to improve its self-confidence, so have it solo Maylene’s gym. It may not faint more than 5 times, or you have to soft-reset.

In Canalave City, Healer successfully KO’s EVERY ONE OF HIS POKÉMON except for his STARTER, which KO’s Healer, and forces him/her to evolve into a Chansey, as it’s much stronger, and can prove her/his love for him. Again, you are doing this with ONLY Metronome as an attack. It may fight against a Fighting type Pokémon in this fight.

Chansey may have one more damaging attack; it depends on its level, however. If it evolved at an odd level (e.g. 11), it must be physical. If it evolved at an even level (e.g. 10), it must be physical. You may now replace both Attract and Charm with Softboiled and Minimize. If you choose NOT to have another damaging Attack, it must learn Sing.

Chansey now has a hatred for Fighting-types, and has to solo ALL Fighting-types that it sees, and if your Ambiguous evolves into a Gallade, and Chansey fights a Double Battle with it, Gallade must be KO’d before Chansey can damage the opponent, and neither Chansey nor Gallade may switch out.

In order to evolve into a Blissey, Healer has to do four of the following:​

• Solo 200 Trainer-owned Fighting-type Pokémon
  • Get ALL “Signature Moves” from Metronome (list is as follows)
    • Twineedle
    • Volt Tackle
    • Pay Day
    • Kinesis
    • Icicle Spear
    • Barrage
    • Bone Club
    • Bonemerang
    • Mega Kick
    • Lovely Kiss
    • Conversion
    • Conversion2
    • Sharpen
    • Spider Web
    • Octazooka
    • Present
    • Triple Kick
    • Milk Drink
    • Aeroblast
    • Sacred Fire
    • SmellingSalt
    • Arm Thrust
    • Teeter Dance
    • Poison Tail
    • Ice Ball
    • Mist Ball
    • Luster Purge
    • Doom Desire
    • Heal Order
    • Rock Wrecker
    • Roar of Time
    • Spacial Rend
    • Magma Storm
    • Crush Grip
    • Shadow Force
    • Lunar Dance
    • Heart Swap
    • Dark Void
    • Seed Flare
    • Judgment

[*]
  • Box all other Party Pokémon, and go through EVERY route with Healer, going through EVERY patch of grass there is, and walking through EVERY space in a cave. You may have two Pokémon to be used as an HM Slave to use Surf, Strength, and Rock Smash, as those moves are required to get through various areas
  • Grind until you reach Lv. 90, which should be at least 45 levels above the highest-leveled member of your team
  • Use all 6 vitamins (Iron, Zinc, Protein, Calcium, Carbos, HP Up) either 10 times, or until it won’t let you anymore
Whichever ones you choose, this must be done BEFORE the Distortion World.​

As soon as you evolve your Chansey into Blissey, it faints in battle, and needs to be taken to the Pokémon Center. When it is healed, it is no longer gay; it is straight. So, remove the male sign in Healer’s name, and your Blissey may not fight any Male Pokémon unless they are owned by “BOSSES” (Gym Leaders, Team Galactic, Elite 4, Battle Frontier, and Rival). Blissey no longer HAS to solo Rival, as she is over her crush.

You may no longer use healing items that affect HP on any of your Pokémon except for Healer; you must heal them after battle with Blissey’s Softboiled. If any of your Pokémon faint, however, you may still use a Revive. Just because I am feeling nice, you are allowed one Full Restore PER Opponent Pokémon in BOSS battles (see above list), but it has to be used IN BATTLE, while Blissey is out. If Blissey faints, you may not revive it; it must be fully restored at a Pokémon Center. Exceptions are when you are fighting the Elite 4, where it may only be revived by a Max Revive. If Blissey faints, you cannot restore your Pokémon’s HP with items.

Blissey must solo Aaron’s Heracross, Bertha’s Rhyperior, Flint’s Infernape, Lucian’s Gallade, and Cynthia’s Lucario. If it faints in any of these solos, you must trash 10,000 Pokédollars worth of items out (buying price, so a Nugget that sells for $5,000 is worth $10,000)

Good luck; you will really need it!​

@Reshiram: Just a nitpick, but the Luck Incense in DPPt is found in Ravaged Path. It also requires Surf and Rock Smash, which means at best, he won't get it until after Crasher Wake.

Ok. Status of my FireRed Scramble: Koga defeated.

Turns taken: 88.

Turns taken on Muk: 59.

Minimize. Acid Armor. Toxic. Lack of useful special attackers on my team.
This is why I hate Koga. OTOH, I have never had a problem with Sabrina, who is going to be solo'd by Battery, so, fingers crossed...

For those who care, my strategy for Koga was as follows:
Rubble got paralysed on a gym trainer just before the battle, so he had temporary immunity to toxic, a poison resistance, and 156 Def. He led on everyone, used Screech down to -6, then Shadow came in and killed everything with Cut. OHKO on both Koffings, just barely missed the 2HKO on Weezing.

Muk, however, has Acid Armor, which boosts defence by 2 stages. It also has minimize instead of smokescreen, so its evasiveness goes up instead of the opponent's accuracy going down. I gave up trying to get Defence down, and just brought in Shadow to wear it down with Water Pulse, his only Special move. When that ran out of PP, back to Rubble to try with Dragonbreath. When that ran out of PP too, I went to Prime, who tried with Flamethrower, despite being Toxic'd until I ran out of antidotes (Sludge was out of PP by this point). She pulled through with one turn left before Toxic KO'd her.

Oh, and he used two hyper potions on Muk over the course of that fiasco.

...I have NO IDEA how to write this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)