Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

yoshinite, as much as I hate to reject Bowser, I still need a pokemon to learn Fly. Sorry! If you would give me another pokemon, that would be great!

As a note, I need a pokemon to be able to fight the first gym since Shocky can only use electric attacks. Something along the lines of a Caterpie, Nidoran or Pidgey would do.

Take Pecky the Pidgey. Pecky has grown used to electric attacks, and so no longer considers himself weak to them. Pecky may not switch out from an electric type. Pecky really likes pecking, so must learn all beak attacks ASAP. Lastly, Pecky must solo Bruno's fighting types to prove his sheer power.

Take Pecky the Pidgey. Pecky has grown used to electric attacks, and so no longer considers himself weak to them. Pecky may not switch out from an electric type. Pecky really likes pecking, so must learn all beak attacks ASAP. Lastly, Pecky must solo the fighting E4 to prove his sheer power.
Is that directed to Rox? And I'm afraid that's Bruno, and he has Onix just like Brock does.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Guys, if you are going to bump your challenges, can you please at least tell us what Pokemon you have with restrictions/link your Scramble OP? It would make things a lot easier for everyone, and prevent more unnecessary posts involving someone asking what your challenges are. That said...

@ Espeon65: You get Delay the Woobat.

Delay always wanted to be one thing. Delay always wanted to be a Calm Mind + Stored Power Woobat. But there was one problem with that: Stored Power is an Egg Move. This saddens Delay. It always wanted to do that, but no matter...

Delay must have the Ability: Simple. As you are aware, Simple Woobat are not available in the wild! Oh no, what are you going to do? Check the first Hidden Grotto on Route 6 regularly, of course! With your Simple Woobat in tow, you need to replicate the Calm Mind + Stored Power combo as soon as possible. This means Delay must know & keep Calm Mind, & One Damaging Psychic Move. Delay wants to win all its matches with boosted stats, so once it gets Calm Mind, from the moment it hits the field, it may not deal damage until it uses this move. Finally, Delay wants to prove to you that this combo is effective. Therefore, you must solo one Gym Leader/E4 Member.

Have fun. Of course, if you really want yoshinite to give you your last challenge, then disregard this...I can always save this until a later time...But this challenge is here if you want it. :)

I'm ready to start my Pokemon White 2 Scramble! Wish me luck guys!

Pokemon:
Espeon65, you get MartyMcFly the male Elekid. MartyMcFly dreams of generating 1.21 Jiggowatts of electricity during a rain storm and running 88 miles per hour. As such, he can only learn Electric-type moves and the moves Quick Attack, Screech, Swift, Rain Dance, Swagger, Rest, Sleep Talk, and Strength. He must solo Elesa to evolve into Electabuzz, and cannot use Eviolite once evolved to Electabuzz. He cannot evolve to Electivire.
Espeon, take Serpent the Snivy. The only moves it can use are Normal type, Grass type, and Coil. Solo Cheren at the gym before evolving, solo a later gym leader to evolve again.
Espeon65, take Stuck the Sandshrew.

It has to be a pokemon that's predominantly red, yellow or blue.

It must be a single-type pokemon.

It's type must NOT match that of your starter.

It cannot learn HMs or TMs.

It can only use moves which are boosted by STAB.

It must hold an item at all times.

Solo Skyla or Roxie (the two easiest-to-beat gym leaders...well, okay, I guess only Skyla's truly weak, Roxie just gets trolled by Magnemite...).

That's it.
yoshinite]Espeon65 said:
Psyduck.[/COLOR]
Chunks must be a mon introduced before GEN 4
Chunks cannot be pink
Chunks can not be associeated with flowers
Chunks is offended by the Gen 3 girl that told him he was chunky and ugly. He must solo all Munna/Musharna and also all flowery pokemon to prove his beauty. Chunks hates small girls, and must solo all female toddlers and those girls with bows that their names escape me at the moment. Don't know what you mean, changing it to Lass. Maybe Lass is what you mean anyway...
Finally, chunks must have at least 2 beauty contest moves ASAP
Espy:

You get to have Kolulu (Riolu) the esper. This guy is in love with anything that is psychic and will never raise his hand against one meaning he must switch out whenever he sees one and if he's the last Pokemon he cannot fight back. On top of that Riolu cannot evolve until after beating the fifth gym and must solo his Excadrill.

Good luck <3

@ Espeon65: You get Delay the Woobat.

Delay always wanted to be one thing. Delay always wanted to be a Calm Mind + Stored Power Woobat. But there was one problem with that: Stored Power is an Egg Move. This saddens Delay. It always wanted to do that, but no matter...

Delay must have the Ability: Simple. As you are aware, Simple Woobat are not available in the wild! Oh no, what are you going to do? Check the first Hidden Grotto on Route 6 regularly, of course! With your Simple Woobat in tow, you need to replicate the Calm Mind + Stored Power combo as soon as possible. This means Delay must know & keep Calm Mind, & One Damaging Psychic Move. Delay wants to win all its matches with boosted stats, so once it gets Calm Mind, from the moment it hits the field, it may not deal damage until it uses this move. Finally, Delay wants to prove to you that this combo is effective. Therefore, you must solo one Gym Leader/E4 Member.

Have fun. Of course, if you really want yoshinite to give you your last challenge, then disregard this...I can always save this until a later time...But this challenge is here if you want it. :)

Yoshinite, take Aievengart the _____.

It has to be either red, yellow or green primarily.

It has to use moves that are STAB boosted when in green health, and not STAB boosted otherwise.

For every pokemon Aievengart faints, eat something. If you faint it with an SE attack, eat something healthy. Else, eat whatever you feel like (preferably something ethically edible).

Aievengart must stay the lowest leveled pokemon in your party and can never hold EXP. Share.

Have Aievengart solo one E4 member or the Champion.

Still need three more mons for my Medium Platinum Scramble!
I gave you a challange on the previous page, but you seemed to have missed it. Instead of just leaving it there, causing you to look for it, I decided to put it into the hide tags below for reference. Sorry if I seemed to be a bit rude.
yoshinite, revive the first Fossil you successfully dig up in the Underground and nickname it either Zuni (Cranidos) or Cephy (Shieldon). Each of these Pokemon was raised by Pokemon of the opposite species (Zuni was raised by Shieldon, and vice versa), and as such they act much more differently than normal.

For example, Zuni became very passive, and as such, it can only know 1 attacking move ASAP, and only use it after being attacked. It must also stay in battle for at least 1 turn when sent in (no, the turn where you switch it in does not count). Don't worry, you can switch Zuni back out after that 1 turn is over. Also, despite being raised by Shieldon, whose pride is defense, Zuni always has trouble properly defending itself, and because of that it can't use Protect.

On the other hand, Cephy became aggressive to the point where its entire moveset must consist of attacking moves, one of which must be Iron Head (if it gets high enough in level). However, all Cranidos know when to run away, and Cephy adopted a simple system to accomodate this: If the enemy is heavier than Cephy (or is a Water, Grass, Ground, Fighting, or Steel-type), it must switch out, but must stay in until either it or its enemy faints in all other cases. (For reference, Shieldon weighs 125.7 lbs and Bastiodon weighs 329.6 lbs.) Also, all Cranidos (except, of course, for Zuni) prove their strength by defeating a powerful enemy, but Cephy will have to make due with soloing a Gym Leader/Rival/Galactic Commander instead. (Notes: You can use items on Cephy during the solo. Also, the above restriction can be ignored for this solo if necessary.

Have fun!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Still need three more mons for my Medium Platinum Scramble!
What Pokemon do you have & what challenges? Like I said...

Guys, if you are going to bump your challenges, can you please at least tell us what Pokemon you have with restrictions/link your Scramble OP? It would make things a lot easier for everyone, and prevent more unnecessary posts involving someone asking what your challenges are.

This is the sort of thing I am talking about.

Yoshinite if you repost your challange restrictions and the ones you already have I'll give you one.

While I'm here, I'd like to give a quick update on Ruby updates. I had LITERALLY no ideas this time, but I'm going to push out the update using my favorite crutch-weird formats that spare me the pain of writing what actually happened. It also didn't help that my update time got hijacked by my Calculus class (basically a full time job), Black 2, a Soulsilver Nuzlocke that I'm going to post here and on Nuzlocke.com once Ruby's done with, and League of Legends.

But those of you who were expecting to see the rest of the 5th gym battle-sorry. Do you really want to read about Aron facerolling the rest of his team? I promise you I'll give better effort then this with the 6th gym and ESPECIALLY with wrapping up the Team Magma plot thread.

@yoshinite, take Peace the Buizel. Peace believes that Physical moves are for losers, and decides to take the alternative route of only using Special moves (and Status, but it's a Buizel :P). Peace may also never solo a Trainer with more than one Pokèmon.

When Peace evolves into Floatzel, change its nickname to War. War can now only use Physical moves. It also takes a change in heart concerning battling, and as such when it is sent out against a Trainer it must solo the rest of the Trainer's team (unless it contradicts with another chellange).

Could someone give me one more very hard soulsilver pokemon?

The team so far:
Hatred the Togepi

XAkaviri, take Hatred the Togepi. When Hatred was in its egg, a mishap occurred that caused it to be emotionally inverted, causing it to mercilessly attack whatever it comes across (can't switch out, always under the effect of Taunt. Metronome doesn't count as an attacking move) and also because of the mishap, Hatred despises everybody, but you in particular to the point where it will accept absolutely no items from you and will attack its teammates in double battles.

Now, you're probably thinking "How is Hatred supposed to evolve if Togepi's means of evolution is happiness?" The answer to that is it won't, unless of course it successfully soloes the Rocket Grunt in the Kimono Dance Theater (yes, that's what it's actually called) and later the Kimono Girls themselves. The reason for this is because the Kimono Girls are the ones who originally posessed the Togepi egg. After defeating them, Hatred must lead your party when you go to the Whirl Islands to battle Lugia. (Note: Hatred does not have to battle Lugia.) In case you're wondering why, the dance the Kimono Girls perform there is not only to awaken Lugia, but also as a purification ceremony, much like in Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD's Agate Village. In other words, when the Kimono Girls are performing under Whirl Islands, they are essentially "purifying" Hatred, causing it to become a normal Togepi that loves everybody and everything, allowing it to evolve.

Now that Hatred has been purified, it decides to refute its own ways, meaning that every restriction it had as a Togepi is now reversed. (it will accept items from you, it can only have one attacking move which it cannot use unless it has used its other moves in the same battle, will never attack its teammates, is able to switch out) Also, Hatred decides to change its moveset entirely (Note: the amount of attacking moves Happiness can know is the opposite of how many it had as a Togepi. For example, if it had 3 attacking moves as a Togepi, it can only have one as a Togetic, and if it had 2 as a Togepi, it will have 2 as a Togetic.) and change its nickname to Happiness in commemoration of this. Finally, to prove that it loves you rather than hates you, it soloes an Elite Four member of your choice. After that is completed, Happiness may evolve again.

Have fun!

(^Perfect example of what I want^)

Joey the Rattata

You get Joey the Rattata. He must be a Male Rattata, and must be caught in Route 29 immediately after receiving your first Poke Balls. He is the 1% of all Rattata! In order to evolve him into Raticate, he must meet all of the following criteria:

Defeat Joey's Rattata in Route 30 at level 3.
Defeat Joey's Raticate in Route 30 (rematch battle) while level 29 or lower.
Must have the ability Run Away.
His moveset must include Quick Attack, one STAB that's not Quick Attack, one non-STAB, and one status move.
Furthermore, he must successfully employ the F.E.A.R. strategy against any Gym Leader before you are allowed to fight Red (since getting a Focus Sash is impractical, use Endure to accomplish this).

Leaf the Chikorita

XAkaviri, keep Leaf the Chikorita, except now it's only allowed moves of 35 BP or less (again, they can only be physical after the split) and this cap increases by 5 every badge. Again, must evolve into Bayleef after the third gym and into Meganium after the kimono girls.

Ash the Zubat

@XAkaviri you want a hard one? Okay, take Ash the Zubat. Ash “wants to be the very best, like no one ever was” (yes, you have to sing the song in your head). Ash must solo any other Zubat-lines as a Zubat. Ash must solo Whitney to evolve to Golbat, since he hears she is a very tough Gym leader to battle. Once Ash is a Golbat, he must defeat any pokemon he is sent out against, or die trying, along with soloing Zubat-lines. Ash must solo Jasmine to evolve to Crobat. Once Ash is a Crobat, he must never switch out against any pokemon (unless they have SE STAB), along with the other two challenges. Ash must solo Archer to prove he is the best Crobat/team member. Now that Ash thinks he is the best, he thinks he can take any pokemon you can throw at him. He must never switch out against any pokemon. He must also solo your rival in Victory Road. He must solo Will of the E4, and then is the best of the best. If you are going through to Red: He must solo Lt. Surge and Sabrina. He feels he is the strongest in the world now. He must solo Red’s Pikachu and any other ONE of Red’s pokemon.

All challenges:
As a Zubat:
- solo all other Zubat-lines
- solo Whitney to evolve
As a Golbat:
- defeat any pokemon switched into
- solo Jasmine to evolve
As a Crobat:
- never switch out against un-SE pokemon
- solo Archer
As a (better?) Crobat:
- never switch out, period
- solo rival in Victory Road
- solo Will
If you are going through to Red:
- solo Lt. Surge
- solo Sabrina
- solo Red’s Pikachu and ONE other pokemon of Red’s

I HOPE YOU SUFFER GL;HF! I hope it's hard enough for you...

CageMemory the Dratini

Take CageMemory the Dratini.

One day, a Dratini was slithering along in the Dragon's Den. Suddenly, a bunch of asshole poachers entered the den, grabbed this Dratini, and brought it off to the Goldenrod Game Corner, where it was to be a prize to those who spent enough time flipping Voltorbs the finger. Eventually, you enter the Game Corner and see its plight. So, you spend hours earning coins off the slave master (a.k.a. Mr. Game) by playing his torturous game, eventually clinching enough coins to buy this Dratini out! But it seems the countless days it spent in a cage in the game corner have had a few effects on it...

After all the months spent watching Voltorbs appear and prevent customers from freeing it, CageMemory has a perennial hatred for these abominations of nature. So, it must destroy every Voltorb or Electrode it comes across, no exceptions.
Being sold simply as an object for money has made it loathe money. It will not use any items that can be bought (even if you didn't actually buy them).
Mr. Game's face has left its imprint on its mind. So, it must solo all Gym Leaders with moustaches (i.e. Chuck and Blaine), as well as the Team Rocket Executive with the stupid-ass face, Petrel (on both occasions).

Good Luck; Have Fun!

I'd like to start a Black 2 scramble, no trading is really my only restriction, looking for a mix between hard and easy challanges.

XAkaviri, I'm just going to drop this challenge here. If it doesn't work because you've already started, I'll make something else up (or someone else feel free to).

Start with a Chikorita, with no restrictions, other than it may never lead your party.

Every time you leave a town to proceed forward on your journey, you must box or release this pokemon, and catch the first pokemon you see on your travels that is not the same species as another scramblemon.

This pokemon has the same restriction that it may never lead your party, and must be replaced after every town. Just to make sure it gets used, it must always grow the same number of levels between towns as the pokemon in your party that grows the most.

Also, pick a gym to solo right now. You must solo that gym with whatever pokemon you have at that time, no other scramblemons may be in your party during that gym.

Geckoboy, if you want to take this one as well, you may pick any starter you like.

XAkaviri, I'm just going to drop this challenge here. If it doesn't work because you've already started, I'll make something else up (or someone else feel free to).

Start with a Chikorita, with no restrictions, other than it may never lead your party.

Every time you leave a town to proceed forward on your journey, you must box or release this pokemon, and catch the first pokemon you see on your travels that is not the same species as another scramblemon.

This pokemon has the same restriction that it may never lead your party, and must be replaced after every town. Just to make sure it gets used, it must always grow the same number of levels between towns as the pokemon in your party that grows the most.

Also, pick a gym to solo right now. You must solo that gym with whatever pokemon you have at that time, no other scramblemons may be in your party during that gym.

Geckoboy, if you want to take this one as well, you may pick any starter you like.
Interesting challenge, but could I get a pokemon I can keep with me the whole time? And I just reached goldenrod and spent an entire day of my life playing Voltorb Flip to win that Dratini, haven't done the gym yet.

Sure, catch the next non-duplicate wild pokemon you encounter, never hold an item, never learn more than one move of the same type (ASAP), pick a gym right now to solo.

Still may never lead the party, and let's make it always be within 1 of highest level.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I'd like to start a Black 2 scramble, no trading is really my only restriction, looking for a mix between hard and easy challanges.
Geckoboy, you get Buggy the Volcarona found in the Relic Castle. He must solo Marlon, and may not start the fight against Marlon higher than level 50. If you teach it Giga Drain, it may not know or learn a Fire-type move for the rest of the game. He cannot be used against an Elite Four member's Pokemon that is below his level (this includes Iris).

@Geckoboy, take Dune the Dunsparce. Dune believes itself to be a Normal/Ground type, and must always have a Ground-type move in its moveset (as early as possible, status moves count). It can also never learn Roost.

Believing itself to be a Ground-type, it has to solo any Electric-type Pokèmon Colress has and must solo Elesa.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I just reached goldenrod and spent an entire day of my life playing Voltorb Flip to win that Dratini, haven't done the gym yet.
An... entire day.
Wow, I finally gave a hard challange.

Also reserving for Geckoboy >:)

Take Content the Sunkern. :)

Content is content with just the way it is! It can never evolve. Why would it want to? :o
Content is content with having its nicely shitty stats. It can only use attacking moves! x.x
Content is content with its kinda bad STAB. So, it can only use STAB moves! o.o
Content believes it is strong and cool the way it is. Solo either any two Gym Leaders or any one Elite Four member! O.O

GL;HF!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)