Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Ok Tetrinity (lmao actually correct tag this time) Two things:
One, I realized this might be an issue, so if its too annoying, Healthy can bypass the switch rule if it has a solo.

Also, Can Arthur evolve once its reached the Elite 4, or does it actually have to be in the building? This influences my ability to teach King's Shield to it.
Fair enough. Since I went with Switch battle style in the end, the only time it's been an issue is when a trainer leads with Poochyena / Mightyena and I haven't led with Healthy, which happens rarely enough that it's not been a big deal to just let something faint.

Teaching King's Shield is fine. I suppose it's a bit ambiguous, but I consider "reaching the E4" to be achieved when it's possible to Fly to the Pokemon League.

Fair enough. Since I went with Switch battle style in the end, the only time it's been an issue is when a trainer leads with Poochyena / Mightyena and I haven't led with Healthy, which happens rarely enough that it's not been a big deal to just let something faint.

Teaching King's Shield is fine. I suppose it's a bit ambiguous, but I consider "reaching the E4" to be achieved when it's possible to Fly to the Pokemon League.
Ok sound good. XD it is an ambiguous thing that has a big impact.

Welp, thought I would rant for a bit.
Basically All of my pokemon have crappy natures:

Explorer: +Atk, -Spe. Wow. This makes my best move Quick Attack.
Burniate: +SpD, -Spe. Ehhhhhhhhh… not too good.
Wall: +SpA, -Spe. Again, not crappy, but not good either.
Cookie Lover: +Def, -SpD. ummm does anyone actually use this type of ability?
King Arthur. +SpD, -Atk. Wow. Of all the pokemon to have -atk, its this one. GOD DANG IT

Last edited:
Hey! I thought, "Dang, I've done X so much... I'm gonna do a challenge!" so I would like to do a challenge for X, maybe normal difficulty? I would like it if for an extra level to it though, to only use Pokemon that are either blue, purple, grey, black, or white.

EDIT
Basic overview

X
Normal
All Pokemon have to be blue, purple, grey, black, white, or pink so that the team is in STYLE.
Trading is okay. :D

ANOTHER EDIT

Accepted Pokemon

Indecisive the Goomy
Reserving what (hopefully) will become my signature challenge!MUAHAHAnah its ok ill go easy on you

ok HelenTheHero take Indecisive the Goomy

This Goomy is insanely indecisive about everything it does, and is especially indecisive about the type chart! So, once Indecisive is caught, RNG 2 numbers between 1 and 18.Indecisive must solo all pokemon of the first type, and CANNOT BATTLE any pokemon of the second type. Pokemon share the two types? You pick.

numbers to types (close)

1-Normal
2-Fighting
3-Flying
4-Poison
5-Ground
6-Rock
7-Bug
8-Ghost
9-Steel
10-Fire
11-Water
12-Grass
13-Electric
14-Psychic
15-Ice
16-Dragon
17-Dark
18-Fairy

The kicker?Change the numbers after every Gym battle.
Indecisive is also very indecisive about evolving. It doesn't really get the point of evolving at first, until one of your other pokemon evolve.Once Indecisive reaches lvl 40, it cannot evolve until another pokemon evolves, and then must evolve ASAP.Then, Indecisive learns that it evolves in the rain, but that is too straightforward and decisive for this pokemon.Indecisive cannot evolve into Goodra unless the weather is changed during the battle which it evolves in. Any pokemon can fufill this role.
Too hard? Drop the evolution restrictions.
Too easy?Give Indecisive permanent Torment (cannot use the same move twice in a row)

Hydrangea the White Flower Florges
Take a White Flower Florges and name her after a white flower of your choice. She loves the color White and refuses to be caught in any ball except Premier. This Florges loves two things: Music and Nature. Therefore the Florges can only learn the following attacks: Grassy Terrain, Disarming Voice, Petal Dance, Petal Blizzard, Solarbeam, Flower Shield, Magical Leaf, Razor Leaf, Lucky Chant, Grass Knot, Energy Ball, Round, Echoed Voice, and Aromatherapy (your choice of 4). Florges can also only use damaging attacks in a grassy battlefield (does not matter if it's natural grass or from Grassy Terrain).
hite Flower Florges

Smasher the Jigglypuff
HelenTheHerotake Smasher the Jigglypuff.

This Jigglypuff wants to be like the Jigglypuff from the Super Smash Bros. series. There are only two restrictions:

· No evolving Smasher. Ever. Jigglypuff cannot evolve in Smash!

· Solo all Pokemon from lines that fight in Smash.

Specifically, the Pokemon whose lines need to be soloed are:

· Pikachu

· Jigglypuff

· All three Kanto starters

· Lucario

· Greninja

· Mewtwo

(And yes, this is a copy of the challenge I gave BetaBuck because I couldn't think of anything new. Sorry!)

Rusty the Golett
Take Rusty the Golett. Rusty is old... very old. After being buried underground for thousands of years, he's feeling very much worse for wear, and has only the most basic capability for movement -Rusty may only use the move in the top left corner. You may rearrange moves outside of battle, but are locked into the top-left move once in one.

As Rusty travels with you and gets more exercise, however, the rust starts to clear away and he becomes more capable.Unlock more moveslots by completing any of the following tasks(one task = one extra moveslot):

- Solo a Gym Leader
- Use Rusty to complete all 18 of the stat training games in Super Training
- Have the ability Klutz
- Learn and keep Rock Polish. If you unlock a moveslot in this way, Rock Polish must always be one of the moves available in battle and must be the first move used after Rusty is sent out.

Rusty may evolve into Golurk at any time. However, doing so prevents any further moveslots from being unlocked, even if you later complete a task.

Radiance/Glimmer/Shimmer II the Dratini
HelenTheHerotake Radiance the Dratini. Radiance is a beautiful, powerful Pokémon, and she knows it. As soon as you possibly can, replace all 4 of Radiance's moves with moves in the Beautiful category. Evolve into Dragonair at any time. Radiance is also determined to show that she doesn't need the strength of an ugly Dragonite, which I know you hate. Never evolve into Dragonite, and solo Drasna to prove Dragonair is strong. Finally, always set up Rain Dance or Hail on your first turn in battle to marvel in the beautiful weather (the TMs are in South Lumiose and Shalour).

Tank the Squirtle
I'll make one for you later today. BTW, i still need 3 pokemon to start my OR scramble.
EDIT:
Take Tank the Squirtle. This squirtle belives it is very tanky, and must have an impish, bold or relaxed nature. It must learn a move that lowers opposing pokemon's attack or special attack, or raises it's defense or special defense ASAP. It must keep one of those moves for the whole game, but you can switch one move that fits the criteria for another that fits the criteria. It also refuses to use any moves boosted by mega launcher. No restrictions on evolving into wartortle, but must solo all gym trainers in a gym to evolve into blastoise. It must solo 1 e4 member. Tank also will allow any other pokemon to solo if it needs to instead of it. Depending on the nature you pick, tank must either:
For impish it must keep a water move forever.
For bold it may never have a status move besides the required attack-/spatk-/def+/spdef+ move.
For relaxed it must take a massage every other day you play the game, and it can't battle on the days it doesn't take a massage (note: this doesn't come into action until you can get massages ingame)

To sum it up:
~ Must have impish, bold or relaxed nature
~ Must have either a move that lowers opposing pokemon's attack stat, or raises one of your defense stats. Must keep whole game.
~ Can never use mega launcher boosted moves
~ To evolve into blastoise it must solo all gym trainers in a gym
~ Must solo 1 e4 member
~ For impish it must always have a water move, for bold it may never have a status move that isn't the required one, for relaxed it must take a massage every other day you play the game.

Too hard? drop the "if you have nature this must happen" thing. still too hard? remove can never use mega launcher boosted moves.

EDIT2: forgot about color thing, i think i edited everything to fit.

Last edited:
Reserving what (hopefully) will become my signature challenge! MUAHAHA nah its ok ill go easy on you

ok HelenTheHero take Indecisive the Goomy

This Goomy is insanely indecisive about everything it does, and is especially indecisive about the type chart! So, once Indecisive is caught, RNG 2 numbers between 1 and 18. Indecisive must solo all pokemon of the first type, and CANNOT BATTLE any pokemon of the second type. Pokemon share the two types? You pick.

1-Normal
2-Fighting
3-Flying
4-Poison
5-Ground
6-Rock
7-Bug
8-Ghost
9-Steel
10-Fire
11-Water
12-Grass
13-Electric
14-Psychic
15-Ice
16-Dragon
17-Dark
18-Fairy

The kicker? Change the numbers after every Gym battle.
Indecisive is also very indecisive about evolving. It doesn't really get the point of evolving at first, until one of your other pokemon evolve. Once Indecisive reaches lvl 40, it cannot evolve until another pokemon evolves, and then must evolve ASAP. Then, Indecisive learns that it evolves in the rain, but that is too straightforward and decisive for this pokemon. Indecisive cannot evolve into Goodra unless the weather is changed during the battle which it evolves in. Any pokemon can fufill this role.

Too hard? Drop the evolution restrictions.
Too easy? Give Indecisive permanent Torment (cannot use the same move twice in a row)

Last edited:
Hey! I thought, "Dang, I've done X so much... I'm gonna do a challenge!" so I would like to do a challenge for X, maybe normal difficulty? I would like it if for an extra level to it though, to only use Pokemon that are either blue, purple, grey, black, or white.
Take a White Flower Florges and name her after a white flower of your choice. She loves the color White and refuses to be caught in any ball except Premier. This Florges loves two things: Music and Nature. Therefore the Florges can only learn the following attacks: Grassy Terrain, Disarming Voice, Petal Dance, Petal Blizzard, Solarbeam, Flower Shield, Magical Leaf, Razor Leaf, Lucky Chant, Grass Knot, Energy Ball, Round, Echoed Voice, and Aromatherapy (your choice of 4). Florges can also only use damaging attacks in a grassy battlefield (does not matter if it's natural grass or from Grassy Terrain).

Who, me? :) I'll just...not provide a scramble mon for now, since I go overboard too much. How's the Insanity going for your scramble? Looking forward to the next update.
let me just say that I am enjoying double battle grinding at Cafe Le Nah. Oh and that having to whirlwind Grant is going to SUCK. anyone else have better grinding spots?

PS since we're talking can Insanity inflict the RNG penalty on himself?

HelenTheHero take Smasher the Jigglypuff.

This Jigglypuff wants to be like the Jigglypuff from the Super Smash Bros. series. There are only two restrictions:

• No evolving Smasher. Ever. Jigglypuff cannot evolve in Smash!
  • Solo all Pokemon from lines that fight in Smash.
  • Pikachu
  • Jigglypuff
  • All three Kanto starters
  • Lucario
  • Greninja
  • Mewtwo
(And yes, this is a copy of the challenge I gave BetaBuck because I couldn't think of anything new. Sorry!)

let me just say that I am enjoying double battle grinding at Cafe Le Nah. Oh and that having to whirlwind Grant is going to SUCK. anyone else have better grinding spots?

PS since we're talking can Insanity inflict the RNG penalty on himself?
Insanity can, actually. And the rng penalty stays if you switch pokemon.

HelenTheHero take Smasher the Jigglypuff.

• No evolving Smasher. Ever. Jigglypuff cannot evolve in Smash!
  • Solo all Pokemon from lines that fight in Smash.
  • Pikachu
  • Jigglypuff
  • All three Kanto starters
  • Lucario
  • Greninja
  • Mewtwo
Ohhh, I like this! I have a question though, is it required that Smasher has to solo all of them, or just if one appears in a battle, Smasher must be sent out to battle them?

Ohhh, I like this! I have a question though, is it required that Smasher has to solo all of them, or just if one appears in a battle, Smasher must be sent out to battle them?
If a Trainer has, for example, a Jigglypuff and a Clefairy, then the Jigglypuff must be soloed by Smasher, but the Clefairy does not have to be. I hope that helps!

EDIT
Basic overview

X
Normal
All Pokemon have to be blue, purple, grey, black, white, or pink so that the team is in STYLE.
Trading is okay. :D
Take Rusty the Golett. Rusty is old... very old. After being buried underground for thousands of years, he's feeling very much worse for wear, and has only the most basic capability for movement - Rusty may only use the move in the top left corner. You may rearrange moves outside of battle, but are locked into the top-left move once in one.

As Rusty travels with you and gets more exercise, however, the rust starts to clear away and he becomes more capable. Unlock more moveslots by completing any of the following tasks (one task = one extra moveslot):

- Solo a Gym Leader
- Use Rusty to complete all 18 of the stat training games in Super Training
- Have the ability Klutz
- Learn and keep Rock Polish. If you unlock a moveslot in this way, Rock Polish must always be one of the moves available in battle and must be the first move used after Rusty is sent out.

Rusty may evolve into Golurk at any time. However, doing so prevents any further moveslots from being unlocked, even if you later complete a task.

Hi everyone, it's been a reaaaaalllllyyyyyy long time, but with school and everything I haven't really had the time for Smogon anymore in the past two years. BUT, I graduated recently, so I'll have plenty of time now during the summer. But, let's cut to the chase, I'm here cause I want a scramble. So, I want an Emerald scramble, medium difficulty (nothing super easy but nothing stupidly hard either). Only requirement is a full party of six at the end of the game.

Emerald, eh?

Organization Member XIV take a Slakoth. You can name him whatever you want.

This Slakoth, unfortunately, is sick. As such, you must use Potions/Super Potions/Hyper Potions/Max Potions on him as soon as he takes any damage whatsoever. This may be done either in battle or immediately after the battle where the Slakoth takes damage. In addition, all status conditions must be cured the turn after they happen.

Three Gym Leaders - Norman, Tate, and Liza - have medicine that will put the Slakoth's sickness into remission. Solo Norman, and stay in battle for the entire Tate/Liza battle. Once these are done, you may evolve to a Vigoroth.

Once the evolution is complete, the sickness has gone into remission. All of the restrictions from the Slakoth stage are gone. However, the sickness has left the Vigoroth too weak to ever evolve into Slaking.

Too easy? Too hard? Let me know!

Organization Member XIV I'd like to provide your starter.

First of all, you get to choose which one to use, but you must do so before selecting its nickname and restrictions (yes, I'm being serious here). The way this is going to go is that you get to choose how your starter will be limited/challenged through the use of a point-buying system. Since you're requesting medium difficulty, I'll give you 4 points to use; the amount each option takes away is displayed on the hide tag.
First of all, the nickname (choose one, obviously). Each comes with two restrictions:
Your starter may not use damaging moves until damage is dealt to it by the opponent. Moves that have beneficial secondary effects are unusable. Moves that have passive effects, like moves that hit multiple times or moves with high critical hit rates, can be used, though.
May not battle wild Pokemon. The move used to finish Nohr's last fight can't be used for its next two trainer battles.

Next is how fainting will affect your starter (again, choose only one):
Your starter has no restrictions about being revitalized.
Your starter can only be revived by Pokemon Centers 3 times per center. Also, it can never be deposited into the PC.
After your first rival battle, your starter has a life system as follows: starts with 2 lives, and 1 is added whenever you get a badge. Run out of lives, and your starter must enter every battle with no more than half health (don't worry if you picked Nohr as the nickname, you can spam useless moves against wild Pokemon and then run away if this occurs).

Finally, a couple miscellaneous restrictions (choose only one):
May not battle Gym Leaders or villainous team leaders.
May not battle Gym Leaders or villainous team leaders. All 4 of its moves must fall under different contest categories ASAP. Also, its STAB moves can't be used when the last digit of its level is 4-9.
The only healing items it will accept are herbs and berries. If a teammate's HP bar goes red, the starter must switch in on the following turn, regardless of its own health. Exceptions to this are if it conflicts with an above restriction (or the starter is fainted).

May the If be with you.

Emerald, eh?

Organization Member XIV take a Slakoth. You can name him whatever you want.

This Slakoth, unfortunately, is sick. As such, you must use Potions/Super Potions/Hyper Potions/Max Potions on him as soon as he takes any damage whatsoever. This may be done either in battle or immediately after the battle where the Slakoth takes damage. In addition, all status conditions must be cured the turn after they happen.

Three Gym Leaders - Norman, Tate, and Liza - have medicine that will put the Slakoth's sickness into remission. Solo Norman, and stay in battle for the entire Tate/Liza battle. Once these are done, you may evolve to a Vigoroth.

Once the evolution is complete, the sickness has gone into remission. All of the restrictions from the Slakoth stage are gone. However, the sickness has left the Vigoroth too weak to ever evolve into Slaking.

Too easy? Too hard? Let me know!
Not really into the idea of soloing Norman with a Slakoth and leaving him in during the whole Tate and Liza battle, sorry. As for Naix's challange, I'll accept that, I'll do Hosido Phoenix and Bitter as its restrictions.

So, current challanges:

Your starter may not use damaging moves until damage is dealt to it by the opponent. Moves that have beneficial secondary effects are unusable. Moves that have passive effects, like moves that hit multiple times or moves with high critical hit rates, can be used, though. Your starter has no restrictions about being revitalized. The only healing items it will accept are herbs and berries. If a teammate's HP bar goes red, the starter must switch in on the following turn, regardless of its own health. Exceptions to this are if it conflicts with an above restriction (or the starter is fainted).

Tutee may evolve into Nuzleaf after defeating a Pokemon with Rollout.
Nuzleaf may evolve again when it levels up after using Explosion.
It has to fight every Pokemon that uses a move in its current moveset.

This Ralts is not the best one in the world, but it can do anything as long as it prepares adequately. So! When you catch Overprepared, pick 2 of the gyms, excluding Roxanne and Brawly. Overprepared must solo all of the gym trainers in those gyms. Each gym solo'ed allows Overprepared to evolve. You do not have to solo the Gym leaders.

Take Rainbow the Kecleon. Rainbow is fascinated by bright colours, and likes to collect as many colourful objects as possible. Therefore, as soon as possible, Rainbow's four moves must all be different types and must all be from different Contest categories. Rainbow may only hold an item that is the colour corresponding to the missing Contest category. (Red = Cool, Blue = Beauty, Green = Smart, Pink = Cute, Yellow = Tough)

When you reach the Elite Four, Rainbow's motivation to fight will depend on how colourful his journey has been. Keep track of what types Rainbow has ever changed into via Color Change (Normal is automatically counted). Use the following chart to determine E4 restrictions:
- All 17 types: No restrictions
- 15-16 types: Rainbow may only be used in four of the five E4/Champion battles
- 14-15 types: Rainbow may only be used in three of the five E4/Champion battles
- 12-13 types: Rainbow may only be used in two of the five E4/Champion battles
- 10-11 types: Rainbow may only be used in one of the five E4/Champion battles
- Less than 10 types: Rainbow may not be used in the E4 or Champion battles

Fearful is scared of heights. It refuses to evolve into Salamence unless it can get over its fears of the sky. To do this, Fearful must do one of the following three challenges. If you want it to be harder, try doing all the challenges!

- Have Fearful solo a total number of 25 Flying types. If a Flying type enters the battle, Fearful must be sent out to face its fears.
- Keep the move Focus Energy all the way to level 50, so that Fearful may focus on forgetting its fears.
- Solo an entire gym using only Fearful.

Well, for your final pokemon, take Sleepy the spoink. This spoink is very sleepy, and likes to sleep a lot. thus, ASAP, it has to learn rest, snore and sleep talk and never forget them. it also thinks it's pearl on it's head is a beam with psychic powers, and wants to use that bean a lot. it must learn psybeam ASAP, and use it whenever sleepy enters battle. To evolve, it must solo a gym trainer (any gym trainer works) that you haven't got the badge from the certain gym. (e: you cant solo one of roxanne's gym trainers if you have beaten roxanne, but you can solo a gym trainer in flannery's gym if you haven't beat flannery.) using only rest and snore and sleep talk (psybeam rule is ignored for this). it also must defeat 1 pokemon from all of the e4 members (champion doesn't count.) it also likes to help it's team, and if any pokemon needs to do a solo the solo takes priority.

To sum it up:
~ Must learn rest, snore, sleep talk and power gem ASAP and never forget them
~ To evolve, it must solo a gym trainer from a gym that you haven't earned the badge from using only rest, snore and sleep talk
~ Must use psybeam whenever it enters battle (ignores evolution solo)
~ Must defeat 1 pokemon from all e4 members.
~ Other solos take priority.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)