The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelona is pwning Real Madrid.

Almost 60' and Barça have a 2x0 sweet advantage. Messi and Pedro scoring and Xavi with 2 assists

edit: valdés is now saving barça lol

and messi almost scored the third goal and xavi almost get his third assist

Lol imo Xavi is even better than Messi but what mostly rate a 'best player of the world' is dribbling skills and art, thing that Xavi lacks.

Brazilian Ronaldo in his prime is the best player of the last 20 years, better then Messi better then Zidane, better then Ronaldinho, if he hadn't been so injury plagued i truly believe he would be discussed alongside Maradona and Pele as the best player ever.

I think Messi is on that type of track and i think he will beat the 47 goals/49 games record, but tell me Messi is better when he has one great World Cup let alone two.

Pellegrini aint that bad, Real won their last 12 games in la liga before this game. Ok he didn't do too great in europe but the team needs time to adapt, it shouldnt be blamed on the manager.

Anyways, el clasico was decent but this 1 definetely didn't live up to its name, not enough intensity. Great performance by Xavi tho and Messi would have had an easy hat-trick if it weren't for the great Casillas.

Pellegrini aint that bad, Real won their last 12 games in la liga before this game. Ok he didn't do too great in europe but the team needs time to adapt, it shouldnt be blamed on the manager.
A team with this kind of squad shouldn't lose to Lyon and fail to mark Xavi with Xabi Alonso or even Gago. -_-

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
He isn't brilliant either you would have to be a shitty manager to not be able to do something with that squad.
Agreed! Its like getting the best squad in the world and then fucking it up so bad that they'll get relegated (sarcasm)
Pelegrini: What WE HAVE RONALDO!?! AAAH!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT! I'm such a loser!

EDIT:

FUCKING HELL! ManU drew to fucking Blackburn!!! FUCK THIS!!!!
We have literally lost the title race, with a draw with Blackburn we will surely loose to City and thus we're screwed.

We lost because of two people
1) The solo idiot:

He has not learnt how to play with a team, I don't think so no.
and its the last minute, Nani has the ball he is 50 metres or so away from the goal, he has Scholes in front of him what does he do? tries to take a lame shot and misses by miles.

2) The blind nazi Idiot

5 penalties
1. Handball by some Blackburn guy
2. Ji Sung Park foul
3. Ji Sung Park foul 2
4. Berbatov foul
5. (Don't remember who) was running into the blackburn D and what happens? Boom gets brought down, no penalty

Ronaldo in Barcelona was ridiculous, he would grab the ball in midfield and just rush forward to the goal line, beating whole defenses easily. He did that every match too.

we culdnt get a pass right, ref wasnt much cop either but thats a minor annoyance
refs avd blind linesman have been a right pain in the backside, against chelsea both times moronic descisions.
and terry got away with a rediculous challange in the FA cup game.

so portsmouth, having been relegated on sautrday, beat tottenham to head to the fa cup final on sunday. watched the end of it, pretty fucking ridiculous but great to watch.

so, thats the top team in the premier league taking on the bottom team in the final. haha.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yup, I'd love to see Chelsea get their ass fucking whooped by Portsmouth. I'm sure Portsmouth has some trick down their sleeve, no matter how bad they suck

Yup, I'd love to see Chelsea get their ass fucking whooped by Portsmouth. I'm sure Portsmouth has some trick down their sleeve, no matter how bad they suck
Not gonna happen obviously. Chelsea just demolished them 5-0 2 weeks ago, what would happen differently in the final? They will both be equally motivated and Chelsea has the better squad. I just hope Chelsea doesn't choke tomorrow and takes advantage of Man U's poor performance.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
I hope they don't though now that Portsmouth is relegated, all their focus will be on the finals and they will be better prepared + chelsea's fatigue from the EPL will only be downhill for Chelsea.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think it's just Chelsea's year. Despite Wayne Rooney's rise to form and all the own goals United have had, Chelsea seem to stay up there and get the luck when they need it. Both games against United went their way, largely due to the referee, and just when we needed Rooney to stay fit, he's out.

Chelsea vs Bolton was very similar to Blackburn vs Man Utd. There weren't that many clear cut chances, but Chelsea managed to take one. However, Bolton had two clear penalties turned down, as well as some other decent chances.

I think the title race is over, United or Arsenal will not catch Chelsea now. Even if either of those teams win their remaining games, it'll still just about go Chelsea's way. It's been their year and come the end of the season I don't think I can really argue with them winning it, despite being bitter about some decisions in our matches against them. Arsenal haven't been good enough against the top sides, and Man Utd seem to have struggled against many of the mid-table sides away from home this term, for whatever reason. I don't see Chelsea slipping up in more than one game, and that's the only way another team will win the league...

I'm not to sure about that tbh, I think Arsenal have the potential to post a challenge if they beat Spurs tonight (If they don't I agree the challenge is over). If they do win they'll only be 3 points behind Chelsea and have an easier final four games. Arsenal will have Wigan (A), Man City (H), Blackburn (A) and Fulham (H) whilst Chelsea will have Tottenham (A), Stoke (H), Liverpool (A) and Wigan (H). Arsenal only really difficult assignment would be Man City at home and should be able to win the other games on paper whilst Chelsea will have two difficult matches with Tottenham and Liverpool away.

I don't think Chelsea have it in the bag.. but since they do have control.. i feel like they do have the right players/management to win it all.

I believe in my Arsenal still.. I do feel like even though we might not have the best squad right now.. and we are very young and thin in our squad.. we can do what we have to to be there in the end.. praying for Chelsea to slip.

I'm so worried about us vs Man City.. ugh.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, I think Arsenal have two tough games, and two games they should win. I feel the same for Chelsea, and the same for Man Utd.

You'd expect Chelsea to walk all over Stoke and Wigan at Stamford Bridge, even if Stoke's Away form is actually not bad (most people instantly think they're only good at Home). Chelsea have a good record at White Hart Lane, so you'd expect them to win that, but Spurs will be bitter about going out of the FA Cup, so maybe that will spark a performance? Liverpool have been dire this season, but they usually raise their game against Chelsea and Man Utd, it's their last Hme game of the season, so maybe they'll want to at least finish on a high.

But still, Arsenal face Man City, who've they've really come unstuck against in the last three games or so. Spurs is a derby, and with Arsenal's injuries it could be really difficult. Wigan Away is a game I think they'll scrape, but we all know how tough Blackburn Rovers are at Home. They've held Liverpool, Chelsea, and Man Utd to draws there. In fact, the only two teams to win there in the Premier League this season are Man City and Spurs. They'll most likely beat Fulham, though, even if under strength.

Man Utd face a tough derby match next, but with Wayne Rooney back they could nick a win off Man City again. United also have Stoke at Old Trafford, Sunderland Away, and Tottenham at Old Trafford.

Personally, I think Arsenal will draw with Spurs or Blackburn, or both. While Chelsea will either draw with Spurs and Liverpool, or beat Spurs and beat Liverpool. If United drop points again it'll be against Man City, but I don't believe United will go three games in the League without a win. But even if United win all of their games, Chelsea can afford one loss and still win by a point, or afford two draws and likely still nick it on goal difference...

I may sound like I'm counting Arsenal out, but with so many key players injured, I see them messing up at least one game and to win the title, I think they have to win their five remaining games. I thought Man Utd would have to win all five remaining games too, but they drew with Blackburn, so I'm counting them out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)