The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tore my ACL in a training match for my school 1st XI. Tracked back to block an incoming cross and just felt my knee 'POP' loudly. At first I didnt think it was that bad, but then upon putting any weight on it whatsoever, it just buckled completely. Facing the strong likelihood of sitting out the entire season on the sidelines after a full reco. Pretty f****** disgusted.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've just got a feeling that Liverpool will beat Chelsea giving Man U the title
I can see a draw, but no Torres will give Chelsea some confidence. We'll have to see what happens when Chelsea play Stoke and United play Spurs. I'd love it if Liverpool cost Chelsea the title and gift it to United, but there's more games to play.

Rafa will probably rest players...

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tore my ACL in a training match for my school 1st XI. Tracked back to block an incoming cross and just felt my knee 'POP' loudly. At first I didnt think it was that bad, but then upon putting any weight on it whatsoever, it just buckled completely. Facing the strong likelihood of sitting out the entire season on the sidelines after a full reco. Pretty f****** disgusted.
Man, that sucks. I hope you recover soon enough.

So I'd like to start a discussion here: What do you think about the rule stating that "you must field your strongest 11 at all times"? Especially since teams like Wolves have been fined just for resting some players.

Personally, I feel that the rule has its heart in the right place, but the current enforcement is ... bad. You have important midweek games, you need your stars to be fit, why not rest them? And how can you say that your player is "not good"? For all we know, reserve player X that started yesterday is even better than Star Y.

Inter Milan - Barcelona: 3-1

Barcelona have some work to do in Camp Nou after this defeat. Inter played way better then Barcelona. Jose Mourinho brought up a strong tactical team on the pitch which resulted in an invisible Messi and a sloppy playing Barcelona. The first goal was for Barcelona though. It was their first chance/shot, but Inter fought back with a very important role for playmaker Wesley Sneijder who personally scored the 1-1 and gave the assist to the 3-1

Strong marking @ inter. Both Messi and Xavi couldnt go foward with the ball on feet, recieving passes on the defense area lol. Thiago motta and Cambiasso played nice.

And what the hell @ Dani Alves. Balls from behind (good sense please lol) wich gave free space to Snjeider and even Milito. On the equalizer goal, what the hell he was trying to do on the area with Sneijder free 3~4m from him -_-

Deadly counter attacks and tatical positioning on Inter's side. Moruinho was beastly today, his team dominated Barça even starting 0-1 (sometimes a goal can broke up every tatic said before the game...)

On the game last minutes, Inter went to defense and...

CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

I think Maicon was key in the victory. He played exceptionally well and was rewarded with a goal. I'm sure you all saw his goal v Juventus at the weekend. If not google it. He has to be the best right back in the world.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
That red card will totally screw up Bayern big time, probably the only player (besides Robben and maybe uh Lahm) they didnt want to see get out.

Edit: Lol damn nice Bayern win with only 10 players.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lyon had 10 players too -_-

But it was a really great performance by Robben... and he was pissed when he got subbed lol.

Yeah but he shouldn't be, I hope he's fit by the World Cup and he always has issues so it's better for him no to overextend himself. Ribery is playing like shit, Robben is a much much better player than he is IMO.

This weekend will be interesting in the PL, Man U / Tottenham is a key match and I hope Tottenham can continue their current form and beat them just like they did Arsenal and Chelsea. That will definately prove they are Top 4 material and would help them secure their CL spot next term.

not a particularly exciting match, but bayern deserved the win. also i was repeated drawn to philipp lahms eyebrows, that man is pretty weird looking

Oh Nani, what a finish.

Props also to him in drawing the second penalty, and to Berbatov for his run + excellent pass that lead to the first penalty.

who has never taken a premier league in the premier league
and chelses 3-0 up against soke, 3rd goal was a from a penalty that was a free kick yet another wrong descision in chelseas favour.

That didn't matter anyways, and only recently have decisions gone for us because me ALWAYS used to get fucked by the refs.

7 again for Chelsea, if we can play like that next week then the league is ours.

who has never taken a premier league in the premier league
and chelses 3-0 up against soke, 3rd goal was a from a penalty that was a free kick yet another wrong descision in chelseas favour.
According to you, every decision for Chelsea is lucky or poor refereeing and every decision for Man U is very well deserved. It gets old that people aren't objective enough in this thread.

I'm very happy about Chelsea, just 2 more games to go although and Liverpool's 4-0 against a relegated side shouldn't 'scare' them at all when they put 7 past Stoke. Next 2 weekends will be intense!

erm, been a few key descions in the big games that could have changed how the league looks.
anyway, chelsea can be good one week and dire the next. so 7-0 means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)