The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God Barnsley won...but I still cannot fucking believe how Khrushchev got sent off, Diarra somehow didn't and didn't even get booked after launching Ronaldo into the technical area, Distin managed to ACCIDENTALLY clear off his line, the same Distin who clearly barged Ronaldo off the ball in the box, how Tevez and Rooney failed to score between them and how James managed to get fingertips onto Evra's shot.

Fucking hell.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes, so fucking frustrating. Chelsea losing takes the heat of us abit, and it makes me relax about our game when I think about Barnsley's victory.

Well, looks like the double is the next best thing. Though, none of them are going to be easy.

Come on the redmen! =] Torres on fire as usual, an assist and another goal. going into italy with our heads up high.

also well done to barnsley. Hope they go all the way, although Pompey will prolly win it.

You and me, pal. However, can it really be that great when Inter need 2 goals? And if they do concede 1 goal, they need 4. That's a tough ask for even Inter at home, especially when it's Liverpool.

With that said, I don't want Liverpool going through, so, I'll be an Inter Milan fan for 90 minutes.
Well of course, is a risk game. Inter have to look for goals but at the same time play a good defense, because honestly 1 goal from Liverpool kills all hope.

But Inter has good players and they play well as a team, i believe they will force extra time.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've never seen them play a home game. Ibrahimovic, Figo and others, are players I expect to light up when they're at home.

As dynamo previously stated, Torres is on fire. This means that Inter need to defend their asses of if they're to stop Torres in top form. I expect Gerrard to influence Liverpool's play, which will eventually break down Milan's defense.

My predictions:

Inter Milan 2 Liverpool 1

Well i have seen Inter games in the local league (Serie A), and they are a force to reckon in there and they haven't lost since the past year, not to mention they win almost all their local games. But you never know on champions league, so let's see what happens.

Just for predictions. Inter 2 Liverpool 0 and Inter winning in extra time or pk.

i don't believe we will keep a clean sheet, however I am confident of a win (on agg.) so I'll say 1-1, although I'd take a 2-1 to them as well =]

Taylor

i am alien
I can see Inter taking an early lead, but they concede one later on in the game - which forces them to push on for a 3rd towards the end of the match.

Aren't Liverpool the only team to beat Inter in like 40 games?

So, Who you reckon's going to walk away with the Cup this year?

I know Portsmouth are favourites, but the way barnsley have played they could easily take them out. I guess it all depends on who goes through tomorrow.

As for Champions League, any takers?

Barnsley for the FA cup. It's a shame united got knocked out though. Wasn't a red card at all. Replay showed him being kicked in the head by baros.

Barca or united for the champion's league.

Taylor

i am alien
I want Barcalona and Manchester United to face off in the finals. What an interesting, attacking / offensive, world class match that would be. Best fitting for a final, with Manchester United winning the CL.

If I had to bet my house on it, I would go for Portsmouth in the FA Cup. Though, I'd like to see a non-premiership side win it; Barnsley, preferably.

Lol Torres' goal was awesome. Liverpool win 3-0 on aggregate. I predicted Inter 1-0 but meh..

And Cardiff City to win FA Cup!

Taylor

i am alien
Ibrahimovic played poorly for Inter, not to forget that another sending off sucked for them.

I was looking for extra time, etc. Would have been fun.

Well done, Torres, best striker in the world!?!?!

Torres is pretty good. Btw when do they hold the meeting where they draw from the hat to see which team is vsing which in the quarter-finals ?

Haha oh fuck yes I was overjoyed when we won, get in torres. However it wasn't really a case of us playing well (bar masch as usual!), rather them playing pretty bad. Ibrahima-who? ;l

Taylor

i am alien
Manchester United V Roma

Barcelona V Shalke

Chelsea V Fenerbache

Arsenal V Liverpool

I heard them on Talk Sport (Live) at noon. The winner of the first two games will meet, and the same goes for the last. This means that Barcalona and United could meet in the Semi-Finals of the Champions League. Imagine the atmosphere between the two teams at Old Trafford, and Camp Nou. A guaranteed team from England in the Semi-Finals is ok, I guess.

We (Manchester United) don't have an easy path towards victory, but I wouldn't say no just yet. Roma again? God...I think everyone remembers last years Quarter-Finals between the two titans which involved fights, crimes and many, many goals. Bring it on!

norulz

excellent
Schalke is pretty much going to be eliminated after the horrid exhibition against Porto, they were lucky they won, anyway predictions:

Manchester United vs Roma - tight one, but I think Manchester will win.
Barcelona vs Schalke 04 - If Schalke 04 plays like they did against Porto, they are going to lose for sure.
Chelsea vs Fenerbache - Not so sure about this one, but who could predict Fenerbache winning?
Arsenal vs Liverpool - Heh, I'm just hoping Liverpool wins this.

Roma will go to war with united fan's again. Im hoping for 7-1 against roma again. It may be a guarenteed english team in the final is chelsea beat fenerbache.

o hay thar arsenal. Torres being injured during our prem match was bg, hopefully he'll be on top form against them this time.

Taylor

i am alien
I just found some interesting news out.

Arsenal and Liverpool play Tuesday / Wednesday, then the weekend following, and then the 2nd leg the week after...That's 3 times in one week, looking forward to that!

I'm hoping liverpool beat arsenal obviously. If they can maintain their current form, it'll be pretty interesting to see who comes out on top. Liverpool have yet to beat a Big Four team this season so hopefully arsenal will be their first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)