The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If arsenal pick up a few injury's to key player's then they are fucked in the prem and in the champion's league. United really only have 2 real striker's. Saha is just poor now. Teves play's off the front man most of the time. Pick up a injury to rooney/teves united are out of it.

Manchester United V Roma

Barcelona V Shalke

Chelsea V Fenerbache

Arsenal V Liverpool

I heard them on Talk Sport (Live) at noon. The winner of the first two games will meet, and the same goes for the last. This means that Barcalona and United could meet in the Semi-Finals of the Champions League. Imagine the atmosphere between the two teams at Old Trafford, and Camp Nou. A guaranteed team from England in the Semi-Finals is ok, I guess.

We (Manchester United) don't have an easy path towards victory, but I wouldn't say no just yet. Roma again? God...I think everyone remembers last years Quarter-Finals between the two titans which involved fights, crimes and many, many goals. Bring it on!
Thanks Taylor for that, saved me from searching it myself.

Here's my Predictions:
Semi finals: Roma vs Barcelona | Chelsea vs Liverpool.
Finals: Barcelona vs Liverpool.

Not too sure on United against Roma, it's just that Roma seem really good this season. And Chelsea vs Liverpool I'd say it would end up with another Penalty Shootout, but then again these are just my predictions and may be way off.

By the way anyone know much about Fenerbache ? I'll be looking forward to that Chelsea game.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know they're a Turkish side with a former Brazilian Left Back, Roberto Carlos. I would match their team up with the likes of Zaragoza, Manchester City or Marseille. I honestly don't know much about the team as a whole, and I've only seen highlights from their matches. Rooting for them against Chelsea, though it's unlikely they'll actually win.

Teves or Tevez? lol?

I'm not looking forward to playing Roma, but I'd rather have it this way because we don't have to play an English team until the finals, which is something I was wanting to avoid. Going to Italy will be rough, but for god sake, after our clash last year, we end up in their group this year, and once more another Quarter-Final with them. Stop pitching us up with them!

I don't know how Barcalona can lose to Shalke, so if we win, we'll get one of the best Semi-Finals in history.

I heard Fenerbache's coach was some Brazilian legend called Zico or something.. and Roberto Carlos was in there team.. but that's all I've heard about them. It's also the first meeting from both of these sides ever.

Taylor to be honest after last year's result I think you should be fearing more for your travelling fan's safety than your result ;l

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's why I don't want Roma, full stop. This year we have an upgraded team, so on paper we should win with not too much trouble. You're right, though, the fan's safety is more important. The majority of United Fan's reasons for not wanting Roma is because of the clash between the fans, home and away, not just because Roma are doing well in Football. I'd go there and be satisfied with a 1-0 defeat.

Also, thanks, NorulZ!

Liverpool - Arsenal
I expect a dull 0-0 at Anfield and Arsenal to turn it on at the Emirates. Benitez will get sacked as a result, to be replaced by Mourinho (that would be AWESOME and funny).

FALCON PAUNCH

No fucking way, if Rafa gets sacked (which would be stupidity) and replaced with Mourinho the next time the americans come over here they'll be found in the river Mersey.

As for the result, if we can continue our form and Arsenal can continue theirs... don't expect a dull 0-0 =/ remember anfield on a european night is immense

Taylor

i am alien
Anfield is overrated in terms of having a good crowd...you can't live of that song forever!

A friend of mine booked a Barcalona trip for this, though, I'm gonna try and go too. I'll laugh if Barca lose, what a fuck up that would be.

playing teams like schalke and fenerbache will be harder than people think - they've got nothing to lose at this stage with the giants, if they go into the match with the same mentality as Barnsley they'll be dangerous.

oh and lol @ our overrated crowd comment, yes in the premiership and FA cup it is fucking shite but I don't really see how you can fault our crowd in the CL =]

Finally managed to get my stream for the game working, I predict 2-0 Utd with Tevez and an unlikely scorer

Edit lol, just realised Ronaldo had already scored, fucking hell 32 goals, equalling Best's record
edit again he's beaten Best's record. Bloody hell what a free kick

posting in thread to say if we win tomorrow I am going to go fucking nuts with delight - however i predict the usual, we outplay you lot yet lose by a single goal margin...

IMO

Whoever gets through out of liverpool and arsenal will get beaten by chelsea, and chelsea will finally make it to the finals

I expect Barca vs Utd in the semis with United/Ronaldo to choke in this semi final just like they did last year. They will score because Barca have been terrible defnesively but Barca will score more.

I expect Barcelona vs Chelsea in the final and Chelsea to scrape the win.

I think we'll win comfortably. Utd are a different team at home, probably Rooney/Ronaldo/Tevez scoring in a 2-0 win.

3-0 It is then... Comprehensive. As usual no Torres or Gerrard and Mascherano retardedly kept talking to the ref on a yellow card 4/5 times even when it had nothing to do with him. Idiot.

Hopefully a draw in the other match and we'll have the title within reach.

How do chelsea do it?

By 'it' I mean get away with anything and everything.

Drogba/Anelka/Kalou all offside for their first goal. Fucking bullshit.

Man U win the title, those chelsea cunts are a fucking disgrace to the premiership.

Unluck there...Chelsea really do get away with a lot of shit. Somehow Ashley Cole didn't get sent off against Tottenham and I remember when Arsenal drew 1-1 with you (Essien stunner) just before the goal, Hleb got upended by Ashley Cole. Coincidentally though, Wenger saw this from the other side of the pitch. And against Middlesbrough, there was a foul by Eboue before the corner you scored from.

Taylor

i am alien
Nani came on and did nothing but impress me, they say Anderson is the future, not Nani, but I beg to differ. He created a goal, and scored one within a matter of minutes, and he came on about 5 minutes before that. Top class. Well done, lad.

Liverpool have some re-grouping to do...

Chelsea suprised me, Drogbra gets them important goals all the time. I was hoping that they'd draw, but w/e...

Arsenal, you blew it!! "har har"

And against Middlesbrough, there was a foul by Eboue before the corner you scored from.
Could also say Adebayor wasn't offside as the ball came off of Boateng, plus Aliadiere was offside in the build up to their goal.

Doesn't matter now I guess, Man U will win the title, Arsenal will continue to get done over by the match officals and Cheatsea will finish 2nd.

Taylor

i am alien
Seing as the thread's been brought back to life - Reminding everyone that in less than an hour where England will take on France in Paris.

Should be a good game with top names playing for England; Rio, Roony and Beckham. Not too sure who France have lined up, though, I doubt we'll see the likes of Henry...but Anelka would be satisfying enough.

Becks has his 100th cap for England tonight (seing as Capello has him starting). I wonder how he's doing lately, because I haven't seen him play in America much for LA Galaxy.

Rio's captain tonight over John Terry. Good job the to lad for his consistancy and ever-improving form, maturity standing out of his development into the new season has gotten him the role as "Skipper" ahead of tonight's friendly.

All I can say is...Come on England!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)