The Venting Thread (trolls itt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Scon and Scone to differentiate between in my eyes to two different varieties. For example if you were having tea you'd also be having a Scone. If you're having a fryup it'd be a tatty scon.

So how many people here stick random r's in words with an a in it such as Grass, Class e.t.c...

repeated demotivation posters. Sorry, they are obnoxious, stupidly dull, and not even remotely funny.

people's listening skills: "hey guys look at that. ... a minute or so later someone else will go: "wow everyone look at that" hahahahaha. I guess it's just me though.

Glad to see people are finding all of the amazing things out there.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
apart the myriad of basic grammar, punctuation and spelling mistakes that people seem to make with such ubiquity that such errors are become standard english, airports

millions of fucking pointless checks and safety measures, like the restriction on liquids carried on board

anyone with a good imagination could find a way to blow up an airplane without resorting to liquids in bottles

also "have your cake and eat it" pisses me off for obvious reasons

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
repeated demotivation posters. Sorry, they are obnoxious, stupidly dull, and not even remotely funny.

people's listening skills: "hey guys look at that. ... a minute or so later someone else will go: "wow everyone look at that" hahahahaha. I guess it's just me though.

Glad to see people are finding all of the amazing things out there.
How is "deaths in 2009" one of the top searches?

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
oh when people say "i'm going to "make" [x]" where [x] is some basic foodstuff like pasta or bacon: it's already bacon/pasta/noodles, you just cook it

@cookie: supposedly the saying was originally "you can't eat your cake and have it too." Which makes more sense but sounds awkward to an American, I think.

There are decent demotivation posters, but they're few and far between. By far the ones that irk me most are ones that are the ones that repeat exactly what is presented in the picture and/or believe "FAIL" or "WIN" to be an adequate excuse for a caption.

There are a couple phrases I hear or used to hear that really, for whatever reason, just always irritate me.

A recent example is when my sister is annoyed at me and says, "Freakin' wow!" I am convinced this is a result of those bull shit "Greatest Freak Out Ever" videos (I hate those too; and I can't seem to convince my sister they're staged).

When I was in 8th grade (second year in college now), my science teacher, when you answered a question incorrectly, had a nasty habit of saying, "Close, but no cigar!" Aaagggh son of a bitch that still pisses me off to think about her saying it.

People who are culturally impaired.

Seriously, if the passport office is telling you that you went to the wrong one and your file is at the one you used before, GO TO THE ONE YOU USED BEFORE instead of stumbling around all confused in a chinese-induced stupor. It infuriates me to no end that these people don't try to function...No, it's not assimilation, it's asking for them to understand that they cannot drive their bicycle in a lane for traffic designated 80km/hour.

If I ever lived in a foreign country for a prolonged period (ie the rest of my life) I'd at least try to learn the fucking language so I could communicate. That brings me to another point: If you are applying to be a citizen it means you've lived here long enough to speak the language. You should not expect to have them cater to your language when it's not one of the two recognized ones in Canada.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
When people fuck up on my last name. Yeah, I don't care if you're American and can't speak Spanish. How hard is it to make the "J" sound like an "H"? Spanish teachers fuck it up too.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Don't quite get what you meant by that, maybe because I'm such a dumbass.
It's prounounced "Méharez". I kinda just get ticked off when they miss pronounce it as "Mehgarez".

if they pronounce a j as hg, they are doing something dramatically wrong in pretty much every language ever.

I hate it when people mispronounce my last name also. I find it retarded. My last name is pronounced the way it's spelled; Bader. Standard English says it needs two d's to be pronounced Badder. Also, I hate it when people spell it Bater or Bator. This kid who has been in my group in animation class this entire year still spells it as Bator, which is weird because it is pronounced with a d. I don't mind, however, when people call me Master Bader; I think it's actually quite a clever joke.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When people fuck up on my last name. Yeah, I don't care if you're American and can't speak Spanish. How hard is it to make the "J" sound like an "H"? Spanish teachers fuck it up too.
It's not as silly as when people mispronounce "Chou". I mean, it's pronounced exactly how it looks (Ch-oh), but people over-think it just because it's not western and spit out something weird sometimes. It's even funnier when people mispronounced Chinese last names like "Ching" or "Lee"

It's not as silly as when people mispronounce "Chou". I mean, it's pronounced exactly how it looks (Ch-oh), but people over-think it just because it's not western and spit out something weird sometimes. It's even funnier when people mispronounced Chinese last names like "Ching" or "Lee"
I've been pronouncing it chow, because thats how it looks.

I hate indian teachers at the moment, because i cant understand a fucking word though their retarded qwik-e-mart accent. honestly who screens for these teachers.

I hate teachers who assume their final is the only one you have and that they aren't responsible for preparing you for their final. I don't mean giving you a study guide, or hosting review sessions, I just mean teaching the actual stuff that is going to be on the final. I do not have time to learn all of the material you fucking skipped over because you think it is boring. I do not have time to listen to your stories about how cold it is in Maryland. I do not have time to listen to you bitch and moan about how annoying your college students are. I am here to pass the AP Physics test, and that is what I want to prepare for. So unless you get your act together, get the fuck out of my classroom so I can learn on my own.

Also, when you give a final and you can't figure out the answers to some of the questions, it is not our fault, you are a shit head. Do not blame your ignorance on us, your only job is to know the material and teach it to us and you are failing at that.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hooray, I've been saying it correctly.

Nobody ever pronounces Belisle correctly, but it doesn't bother me because what people end up saying is usually incredibly funny.

I can sympathize with the names. My last name is Wootten. That's right, two o's and two t's. People are incapable of spelling it correctly without me spelling it out, so whenever they ask me my last name I instinctively spew "W-o-o-t-t-e-n". I even take a short break after the first t as a clue to them that when I say t again that there are amazingly enough, two t's. They still manage to spell it with only one t.

Haha, try "Xiong". I've had people pronounce it lots of different ways and almost everyone has said it completely wrong. Luckily, my first name is English, so people only have trouble saying my last name.

If English sucks so bad, " ¡entonces nosotros necasitamos hablar español! "

Last names are something I can relate to. Is it really that hard to pronounce SAL-ick? It is not pronounced suh-LACK, really.

(for the record, my last name is modernized Czech.)

oh god, last names. mine is Ikner, pronounced IKE-nuhr. everyone will always pronounce it with a short I, like in 'it.' or even 'Inker' for some reason. it's German so it shouldn't be that hard to pronounce, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)