The Workshop

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Art Co-Leader
since u can ask for 2 things now:
Requester: zizalith
For: ru checks compendium
Art Direction: hi, i dont really have anything set in mind for this but the banner should have top tier mons like mandibuzz and salazzle (think a ranks or so). could be doing something like playing checkers or something idk lol.

Realised halfway that I had no obvious placement for the text, so here's one version with and one without.

Requester: slated
For: UnderUsed Team Bazaar
Art Direction: basically anything showing a UU pokemon holding up a sign saying "team bazaar" - I think the OU one looks really cool: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ultra-sm-ou-bazaar.3587317/
I don't have anything super particular to request here, just make sure it features a uu pokemon and says "team bazaar" somewhere in the art :]
I wanted to do something in the workshop for a long time now, and today I decided to do it! Here's what I came up with, I hope that this meets your expectations, slated!

EDIT: Boy, didn't realized I did such a big spelling mistake lol. I'm fixing it asap. Fixed! Sorry for that dumb typo ^^"!

Last edited:
Requester: zizalith
For: ru best next thing
Art Direction: id like a pokemon using an unusual move or item like belch salazzle, z hyper beam comfey, cb chesnaught, ect
zizalith
taking this one if still available
Sketch built from your direction:
hyperbeam.jpg
Comfey showing that CB Chesnaught how to Hyper Beam like a boss.
Had to follow your direction to the letter, since I wouldn't know which moves/items in what pokemons would be unusual, hahah
Just tell me if it's ok to finish or if I should modify or discard it.

these are so good you guys just made me unquit for a while

Realised halfway that I had no obvious placement for the text, so here's one version with and one without.
it looks amazing, thank you so much! sorry about the delay, i forgot to mention i quit lol.
zizalith
taking this one if still available
Sketch built from your direction: Comfey showing that CB Chesnaught how to Hyper Beam like a boss.
Had to follow your direction to the letter, since I wouldn't know which moves/items in what pokemons would be unusual, hahah
Just tell me if it's ok to finish or if I should modify or discard it.
looks excellent! unfortunately im no longer best next things host so you should ask GustavoYAY before proceeding. im sure he will be willing to accommodate. that comfey is so :weary:

I wanted to do something in the workshop for a long time now, and today I decided to do it! Here's what I came up with, I hope that this meets your expectations, slated!

EDIT: Boy, didn't realized I did such a big spelling mistake lol. I'm fixing it asap. Fixed! Sorry for that dumb typo ^^"!
This looks amazing! thanks so much Gravity Monkey it looks even better than I expected :)

Memoric

almost human
is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Requester: Memoric
For: Doubles OU Viability Rankings
Art Direction: Can be anything really, just has to feature top mons. Incineroar and Tapu Koko would be fine as well as anything in Tier 1 or 2 in the thread I linked; just not Mega Gengar cuz there's a possibility it might get banned if ever :blobthinking:

Requester: TJ
For: USM PU Role Compendium USM PU Resources https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pu-resources-thread.3611496/#post-7463107
Art Direction: I dont really have anything in mind, but I want some of the top PU Pokemon included (Mesprit, Skuntank, Gurdurr, Regirock, Eelektross, Swanna) Make it cool please! (:
Bummer Edit: Gonna go ahead and decide that separate posts in a thread won't get banners on their own. Since the linked thread doesn't have anything in the first post, one can use the same art direction to make a banner for PU Resources.
TJ
Banner finished, with the alterations you asked through DM (Altaria instead of Swanna and Scyther instead of Eelektross):
PU_Resources.png

Requester: Stan Soojung
For: sm nu set viability rankings http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-nu-sets-viability-rankings.3626447/
Direction: i'm not picky whatsoever, just something cool w some top mons in sm nu, go as wild and be as creative as u wanna be !
Assuming there's no problem working with two requests, I also would like to take this one if available.
It's been here for quite a while. Stan Soojung Do you still need it?
If so, here's the sketch based on your direction:
viability.jpg
Had the idea of using the three different Incineroar sets from the S Rank to highlight the thread purpose. A gold S medal (with Swords Dance), silver A medal (with Lapapa Berry) and bronze B medal (with Assault Vest). Is it alright?

Assuming there's no problem working with two requests, I also would like to take this one if available.
It's been here for quite a while. Stan Soojung Do you still need it?
If so, here's the sketch based on your direction: Had the idea of using the three different Incineroar sets from the S Rank to highlight the thread purpose. A gold S medal (with Swords Dance), silver A medal (with Lapapa Berry) and bronze B medal (with Assault Vest). Is it alright?
yea this is amazing! if you wish you can keep going with it because it looks really nice to me, thanks in advance

Requester: Anaconja
For: Chimera 1v1
Art Direction: As you can see, there is already a logo there (though if you want to draw another Type:Null that's welcome too). However, I was wondering if someone could redraw the text "Chimera" to say "Chimera 1v1," with some added styling on the words to reflect the "amalgamation" aspect of the metagame.

Another artwork I would like is a "Poke-fusion" of sorts for the Team Archive (post 2), including various body shapes of mostly Ubers (I would prefer one mon to be Rayquaza since it essentially defines the metagame). It doesn't have to be the same artist as the first.

Last edited:

roman

falling into you
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Requester: roman
For: ru sample teams
Art Direction: again something cute is all im asking for

note: not sure if i'm allowed to request more than one thing at a time but if the max is one then just put off the other request for a while, this is more important probably
bump

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Art Co-Leader
Requester: Anaconja
For: Chimera 1v1
Art Direction: As you can see, there is already a logo there (though if you want to draw another Type:Null that's welcome too). However, I was wondering if someone could redraw the text "Chimera" to say "Chimera 1v1," with some added styling on the words to reflect the "amalgamation" aspect of the metagame.

Another artwork I would like is a "Poke-fusion" of sorts for the Team Archive (post 2), including various body shapes of mostly Ubers (I would prefer one mon to be Rayquaza since it essentially defines the metagame). It doesn't have to be the same artist as the first.

If you want the text to remain red, lemme know. Gonna ignore the second half of your request since you already have something for that post, we only deal with ornaments for the first posts in threads since otherwise megathreads like yours would overburden us.

Also, make sure to ask this artist for permission to use their art in your thread, or at the very least credit them with a link to their page. The same should go for the other fusion pic, but it's rather old and made by someone who may not speak english, so just link to this source.

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi
is a Pre-Contributor
Requester: Darkinium
For: Battle Spot Singles Lure That Threat (I know it's paused, but BSPL's end is on the horizon so it'll be back soon!)
Art Direction: I'm thinking a Tapu Lele firing off a Gigavolt Havoc at a Celesteela (based off of the winning submission of a previous week.) Some alternatives could be Mega Blaziken using Earthquake on a Toxapex, or a Mamoswine attacking a Porygon2 with an All-Out Pummeling. My preference would be the Tapu Lele attacking the Celesteela, but whichever scenario is most comfortable to draw is fine. Thanks in advance!

lyd

Shelter from the Storm
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Requester: Memoric
For: Doubles OU Viability Rankings
Art Direction: Can be anything really, just has to feature top mons. Incineroar and Tapu Koko would be fine as well as anything in Tier 1 or 2 in the thread I linked; just not Mega Gengar cuz there's a possibility it might get banned if ever :blobthinking:
So I was nearly done with this but my computer decided to break and not fix anytime soon, so I’ll unfortunately have to drop this. That being said, I still have a draft I did before I digitallized it, so if anyone wants to use that as a reference please contact me. Once again I’m sorry to disappoint you guys, tl;dr the request above is up for grabs again

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi
is a Pre-Contributor
Requester: Darkinium
For: Battle Spot Singles Lure That Threat (I know it's paused, but BSPL's end is on the horizon so it'll be back soon!)
Art Direction: I'm thinking a Tapu Lele firing off a Gigavolt Havoc at a Celesteela (based off of the winning submission of a previous week.) Some alternatives could be Mega Blaziken using Earthquake on a Toxapex, or a Mamoswine attacking a Porygon2 with an All-Out Pummeling. My preference would be the Tapu Lele attacking the Celesteela, but whichever scenario is most comfortable to draw is fine. Thanks in advance!
Just wanted to let people know that this no longer needs a banner. It doesn't seem like anyone has picked up the request, so hopefully no one has been inconvenienced by this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)