Let's Play! Twitch Plays Pokemon

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Twitch just beat Red, in an epic match. Too bad I only saw the last bit of it, due to immense lag on my end.

Feraligatr had very little HP left as it took down ATV (Venomoth). It then went toe-to-toe with Omastar, and 2HKO'd with Surf. Last came the dreaded Pidgeot, glowing with intense light. Feraligatr's Icy Wind managed to hurt it badly, took some 90% of Pidgeot's HP, but Pidgeot hung on and fired off a Sky Attack at Feraligatr. Feraligatr endured, though, with some ~10 HP left. The two titans stared each other down, both down to their last few HP. The first of them to hit their opponent would win the match. Then Feraligatr lunged out with Cut... and missed. The viewers held their collective breath as Pidgeot... began glowing again. That gave Feraligatr a new chance, and he proceeded to KO Pidgeot with Surf and win the battle.

And just like last time, the creator of the stream didn't pay attention. After the credits rolled, they were back to Mt. Silver Pokémon Center, where the trainer is currently hanging around.

Putting Steelix in the first slot is kind of a double edged sword. Steelix manages to help us actually reach red without losing any Pokemon thanks to its resistances and high defense, but it also means that our best chance at beating Zapdos ends up with little or no PP left.
He started getting a new fan nickname, Struggle Snake.

Any who, they did it!

Solid Snake took down Archangel and made Red use all his Full Restores, with only 1 Rock Throw and a bunch of Strengths and Iron Tails.

Burrito tried to attract AAIIIIIIIRRRR but he's male (he's actually female but w/e).

KT battled with Outrage and barely won.

Then Feraligator battled the rest (thank god both Posion Powder and Stun Powder missed when battling AATTVVV).

Welp on to Emerald in 6 days!

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And just like last time, the creator of the stream didn't pay attention. After the credits rolled, they were back to Mt. Silver Pokémon Center, where the trainer is currently hanging around.
I don't blame him. I got bored of watching AJ stumble through Mount Silver very fast.

Emerald is next! Let's hope this one is better!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It is, unfortunately. After Groudon and Kyogre starts battling in Sootopolis City, you have to go to Sky Pillar to get Rayquaza so it can calm the two. I think that event has to be completed before the game can progress (is that before you do the 8th gym, perhaps?).

Thankfully, the puzzle in Sky Pillar is easier in the mandatory run. It gets harder when Rayquaza returns to the tower, as Rayquaza apparently smashes it badly upon landing. However, it's still pretty damn hard. TPP only accepts one single button press at a time, with a delay between button presses even in multi-press commands in Democracy. That means that the tower, unmodified, is impossible to pass in the current format of the game.

I can see them getting stuck in the hideouts and navigating the caves in darkness would be a bit tough. Hoping they start with Treecko

Getting Rayquaza would literally be impossible. First they would need specifically the mach bike, and they would have to re-mount it after every fall. Bear in mind to prevent soft-resets select is disabled, so this would mean it would have to be selected from the bag.

Then, in Anarchy, because Democracy would be impossible since they would fall through, they would have to navigate the cracks. Without a single input error.

it's pretty much impossible given the sharp turn required to pass the second floor, which is something that cannot be executed under either Anarchy or Democracy.

No "Dragon Jesus" it seems.

I'm trying to guess next pokemon team.
In my opinion should be something similar:

Blaziken 30%
Ludicolo / Mightyena
Golbat / Crobat / Swellow
Aggron
Tentacruel
Rayquaza

There are still 4 days between the new beginning..
I propose to open a "poll" on the future team that will face the league.

Last edited:
I'm trying to guess next pokemon team.
In my opinion should be something similar:

Blaziken 30%
Ludicolo / Mightyena
Golbat / Crobat / Swellow
Aggron
Tentacruel
Rayquaza 100%

There are still 4 days between the new beginning..
I propose to open a "poll" on the future team that will face the league.
There's no way they are getting Rayquaza. Unless you really think they can navigate the Mach Bike puzzles in Sky Pillar that require precise button presses without any delay whatsoever.

I think Mudkip is the most probable choice, but we'll probobly end up with Treeko in failing to get Mudkip. Arguably moreso than Gen 2 the Gen 3 starters really set difficulty levels. Treeko is awful in-game in Gen 3, Blaziken is pretty good but has rough patches because WATER, and Mudkip can literally solo the game because not a single major battle uses Grass types, with the exception of Wallace's Ludicolo, and the Rival is a complete joke in Gen 3 to the point they don't even use the final form of the starter... [Not to mention: Lol Grovyle Absorb]

Treecko or riot

Yeah honestly speaking I'm really hoping they get Treecko. Also Treecko would make for a far more interesting run than Mudkip (seriously fuck Mudkip lol). Torchic would be cool since Blaziken sucks against Wallace.

I also dont think anything on the first 3-5 routes will end up in the final team. If they pick treecko they might need wingul as the surfer

Torchic = possible new Bird Jesus if enough people start it
Treecko = smash the champion
Mudkip = good through the entire game but will lose to Wallace because of its secondary typing, and iirc he has a Ludicolo as well.

Take your pick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)