United States Nationals Thread - WON BY WESLEY MORIOKA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so ashamed of myself lol

I was 4-0, then lost to BI in R5 and TTS in R7. Ended up in fucking 17th place after getting haxed in my 5th and 6th game. Fuck tiebreakers. GOD.

Otherwise, Smogon people are AWESOME IRL. Got to meet and talk to a ton today like skarm, TTS, Rory, Alaka, Tyler, and a looot more. Good luck to all of you in Top 16 tomorrow!

Four of the seven people I faced (Kongler, TTS, BadIntent, and a random) made it into Top 16. Too bad I faced Blissey/Registeel round 2.... :(

Hey guys, this is straight from Matthew Coyle aka EnFuego. "[VGC]EnFuego: make sure u post on that thread i am indeed not a member of smogon". idk if this is a challenge or just so you guys know what you're dealing with lol. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

EDIT: found the answer, its a challenge. Here is another quote

"[VGC]EnFuego:i was upset that i only got to kill one duck today"

Yeah, we discussed that EnFuego is an arrogant dick who nobody likes. Apparently he told Alaka that he hated his shirt, and that "he only hated the duck shirts more". Seriously? I don't think anyone has done anything to this guy, so there is no reason he needs to have his panties in a bunch. I haven't seen anyone antagonize this dude or anything like that, so there is absolutely no reason he needs to be a complete douche. I am hoping with all my heart that Len kicks the shit out of him tomorrow and laughs in his face.

Sorry for ranting, I just hate bullshit like that. There is truly no reasonable explanation for saying/doing things like that. I just don't understand what he hopes to get out of it, and it is just so petty and sad.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, we discussed that EnFuego is an arrogant dick who nobody likes. Apparently he told Alaka that he hated his shirt, and that "he only hated the duck shirts more". Seriously? I don't think anyone has done anything to this guy, so there is no reason he needs to have his panties in a bunch. I haven't seen anyone antagonize this dude or anything like that, so there is absolutely no reason he needs to be a complete douche. I am hoping with all my heart that Len kicks the shit out of him tomorrow and laughs in his face.

Sorry for ranting, I just hate bullshit like that. There is truly no reasonable explanation for saying/doing things like that. I just don't understand what he hopes to get out of it, and it is just so petty and sad.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Four of the seven people I faced (Kongler, TTS, BadIntent, and a random) made it into Top 16. Too bad I faced Blissey/Registeel round 2.... :(
That sucks, you had to go against TTS again! You went against him at Newark and now at Indy! If it was someone else you probably would have made it to the Top 16 instead of getting 17th place...

Actually we didn't get to play in Newark since I lost in T4 :p

Yeah, I kind of gave up when I saw that I was playing him. My biggest mistake was Round 6 - the one with "least" hax to say the least. My Blizzard misses the one thing I hope for it to hit + I send out Abomasnow when I should have sended out Kyogre. Ah well.

Actually we didn't get to play in Newark since I lost in T4 :p

Yeah, I kind of gave up when I saw that I was playing him. My biggest mistake was Round 6 - the one with "least" hax to say the least. My Blizzard misses the one thing I hope for it to hit + I send out Abomasnow when I should have sended out Kyogre. Ah well.
Wait, Blizzard miss ruined you again!? Blizzard utterly hates you. Double miss at Newark and missing at Indy!? Still, you did well, just must be annoying to get 17th place. I regret a bit being unable to go to the LCQ because it sounds like it was easier than Newark...

Wait, Blizzard miss ruined you again!? Blizzard utterly hates you. Double miss at Newark and missing at Indy!? Still, you did well, just must be annoying to get 17th place. I regret a bit being unable to go to the LCQ because it sounds like it was easier than Newark...
Well, it really depended on who you played. There were a lot of lesser players who made it pretty far (oh hi electivire/zapdos leads with ZEN HEADBUTT metagross, if I had not already mentioned that), but there were definitely a number of good players playing in the LCQ.

Oh and I just remembered, EnFuego is the douchebag who wishes his opponent bad luck before the beginning of each match.

Bahahaha. To be honest I always thought it would be funny to troll the IRL Pokemon community like that too, but I don't think I'd be able to keep a straight look on my face.

If anything this dude sounds like the kind of psychopath that'd shoot the place up after getting peaced out. Was this guy like major grime time, or one of those 'too cool for school' type kids? Sorry for butting in here, but that's actually really funny. Trying to comprehend who would actually do that.

And good luck in the tournament everyone.

If anything this dude sounds like the kind of psychopath that'd shoot the place up after getting peaced out. Was this guy like major grime time, or one of those 'too cool for school' type kids? Sorry for butting in here, but that's actually really funny. Trying to comprehend who would actually do that.
Lol, I can assure you he is not a psychopath. I think it was a combination of joking around and being nervous, this is his first vgc, besides regionals. Wouldn't you be a bit defensive if 2/3 of the ppl in finals were from the same place. Anyway, he is a nice guy no matter how he may have acted yesterday. Anyone who has talked to him on PO can vouch for me. Wishing everyone luck tomorrwo. BTW maybe i just missed it, how did the arnold family do. I heard the kid in juniors made it to top 16, what about father/son team?

I'm back home from Indy. VGC was a blast despite my poor showing in the tournament itself. Good luck to everyone tomorrow! There better be a flying V formation entering the convention center at 8:30.

I thought I would be burnt out on Pokemon after all the preparations I did for this tournament, but the opposite has been the case. I'd love to get some more VGC style battles in against people. I actually didn't get many games in against other Smogonites since we were usually just spectating or chilling when we were grouped together, and I'd like to give this team some competent competition before putting up a warstory.

BTW maybe i just missed it, how did the arnold family do. I heard the kid in juniors made it to top 16, what about father/son team?
HagridTwin & Son went 3-4 in the swiss rounds. Grace ended up in 12th in juniors I think. I saw one of her matches on the TV and she just stomped all over the other guy without taking a single hit. He looked crushed and completely shocked at what was happening to him. I felt kind of bad watching it lol.

andrea

/me cresselias
I think I can safely say I was the unluckiest player there today.
Hahahahah you know I can vie for that title as well. XD (Still love ya tho ^_^)

Quick rundown of what's on my mind at the moment:

• Round One Pairings go up- Cybertron comes back in line and points to Huy and me simultaneously. We were both like "uhhhhh....." Tip for new battlers: Battling your roommate round one who filled out your team sheet (and thus knew my items lol) is not a good idea. Hahahaha ;) <3
  • Round three- me versus PBB. That match was the haxiest thing ever. Four blizzard misses, one turn sleep, OHKO crit on my Groudon, ugh.... Ended up at the end with my sucker punch doing minimum damage to his Palkia. I think you won with like 4 HP =P

The sucker punch thing is what's got me up at the moment. Heck yes, its four in the morning here! I mean, there was a lot of other stuff that went horribly wrong in other matches but I'll post a full "fun story" later. ^_^

Meanwhile I'm chillin here with Huy, Duy, dtrain, and sixonesix in the hotel lobby as we continue to lol at the events so far. Might be pulling my first all nighter!

Here's my rundown of battles:

Round 1: I face a guy who qualified at the LCQ. I don't remember what happened, but it was a good battle.

Round 2: I face FMasamune and it was a great battle. Great news that you are going to the LCQ and hopefully we will see each other there!

Round 3: Faced Rory and he destoryed me.

Round 4: Faced Jeremy Day, made a mistake and definitely paid for it, but I think I would have struggled either way. Good game man.

Round 5: Faced Chalky. Really close battle and came down to predictions, and I somehow came out victorious after i outpredicted him. But nonetheless, it was probably the closest battle of the day. Good game man.

Round 6: Faced PBB, and I came out of a close battle. Good game PBB

Round 7: Faced a guy named James Quinn. It was pretty close, his team gave me a lot trouble but I somehow pulled it out in a close battle. Good game man!

Overall, 5-2 on the day. Can I exist now guys?

Now that you have an avatar you can.

On another note, I decided that it would be fun to make some predictions of Nats tomorrow. I was bored and sounded amusing to me since I do the same thing every year with NCAA basketball championship lol. Anyway, here it is, if you don’t like it I am sorry, most of these are random guesses, but I think it will be fun to compare to what really happens. This means someone who is present needs to find out what happens, or everyone needs to write in depth war stories.

Round 1
Badintent vs. Rory 2-0 (games won not pokemon left)
Wesley Morioka vs. Bluecookies 2-1
Milan Patel vs. Mattj 2-1
TTS vs. Brianna Brit 2-0
Huy vs. Duy 1-2
Deagle vs. Kongler 2-0
Metabou vs. Skarm 1-2
Enfuego vs. Alaka 2-1

Reasons/ Guesses why:
-Sorry Rory, from what I have heard BI’s team is amazing.
-Bluecookies looses because of crit hax.
-Mattj looses on crit hax also.
-TTS is a great battler, witnessed so on PO
-Huy and Duy probably know each others teams and I think that Huy will over predict.
-Deagle is also a great battler that I have seen on PO. I normally loose to him lol.
-Skarm wins. I don’t know much about either honestly, this is just a guess.
-Very sorry Alaka, I have probably battled Enfuego on PO more than anyone else and I think he is ready for anything just about. And I am also guessing freeze or flinch hax.

Round 2
Badintent vs. Wesley Morioka 2-1
Milan Patel vs. TTS 0-2
Duy vs. Deagle 0-2
Skarm vs. Enfuego 1-2

Reasons/ Guesses why:
-BI is a beast I am guessing complete team counter, but some hax’s make it close.
-TTS barely sqeezes in a win after a very good prediction and a crit hax.
-I think that Deagle will have a solid team that is tough for Duy’s team to counter.
-Enfuego wins two, making a slight adjustment in strategy after loosing the first battle.

Round 3 Semifinals
Badintent vs. TTS 2-1
Deagle vs. Enfuego 2-0

Reasons/ Guesses why:
-Badintent wins looses and wins very well played on both sides.
-Enfuego over predicts and it costs him. Hax didn’t help either.

Round 4 FINALS
Badintent vs. Deagle 1-2
-Badintent looses the first one due to crit hax, though he got a hax also. Deagle looses the second due to great prediction on BI’s part. Last match comes down to the last two and Deagle wins because of speed. Great games by everyone!

Remember this is just a prediction and it is no way biased. I just wanted to have some fun and be creative. I could be completely wrong, but I think it will be cool to see how close I am. For fun, I think anyone else should do this and see also.

I'll post updates from the floor again tomorrow, you guys'll know as soon as we do.

As far as this EnFuego shit, I will never understand the type. I would wager being a raging asshole isn't much fun, and win or lose no one is going to respect him since he was such a tool along the way. Takes all kinds...

Been a great trip from the ducks end so far, though. Time of my life.

PS Of course you exist, Duy <3

I never understand why people go on like that, especially when they mainly troll the site and havn't ever interacted with anyone on here before..........even if it was nerves or whatever its still no excuse, people seem to make an easy target of the 'Ducks' I personally havnt really spoke to any of them baring a brief convo with Huy before my VGC championships and Omega with my tedious RNG problems and on every occassion they've been the nicest guys possible and i get that impression from most of their 'clan', like said above, doing what he has done has only 'shot himself in the foot' people are just going to pressume now he's an asshole be it he may or may not be, its just so pointless, these events are all about meeting people and making friends not showing people how much of a dick you are.
Anyway I say Gooooooo Ducks :P
and of course GL to everyone else today hope you all do yourselves proud and have a 'tun of fun'!!

Oh wow ok then I figured they ranked people by their w/l from yesterday. Hm...well I'll try to make it today but good luck guys! Today should be pretty short then right?

Edit: Ya so I won't be able to make it, didn't have enough preparation time. Still, until next year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)