Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Aggron, Florges, and Salamence have great defensive synergy due to their types. Porygon2 can cover many mixed attackers and special attackers that use a poison move. Tentacruel provides great Rapid Spin Support so that you do not have to remove your own hazards or lose 25% of your HP by switching Salamence into SR. Porygon-Z does what Porygon2don't.

Last edited:

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Here is another good core:

Aggron (M) @ Aggronite
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Scald
- Knock Off

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spd
- Defog
- Dragon Tail
- Wish
- Roost

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SDef
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Porygon-Z @ Lum Berry
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Agility

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Aggron, Florges, and Salamence have great defensive synergy due to their types. Porygon2 can cover many mixed attackers and special attacker using poison moves. Tentacruel provides great Rapid Spin Support so that you do not have to remove your own hazards or lose 25% of your HP by switching Salamence into SR. Porygon-Z does what Porygon2don't.
Sir that's not a core, thats an entire (weird-looking) team..

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Why is my core not a core and why is it weird-looking?
A core is a small group of Pokemon (usually 2 or three Pokemon) that's part of a team

You have a full team of 6 Pokemon

That team is "weird looking" for a few reasons, but for one, you have two forms of hazard removal

A core is a small group of Pokemon (usually 2 or three Pokemon) that's part of a team

You have a full team of 6 Pokemon

That team is "weird looking" for a few reasons, but for one, you have two forms of hazard removal
Well I got pretty high with it I think it was 26th but then I stopped playing and the ladder got reset.

Also why can a core not have 6 Pokemon?

Because the "core" is a base to build a team around, a starting point.

6/6 Pokemon isn't a starting point, it's a finished product.
OK then this is my core:

Aggron (M) @ Aggronite
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar

- Defog
- Dragon Tail
- Wish
- Roost

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Porygon-Z @ Lum Berry
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Agility

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
OK then this is my core:

Aggron (M) @ Aggronite
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar

- Defog
- Dragon Tail
- Wish
- Roost

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Porygon-Z @ Lum Berry
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Agility

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Recover
Now that I have posted my RMT, I can post again. And let me tell you, 5 mons still isn't a core, a core is 2-3 mons, not 5 dude

this is a somewhat unusual hail offense core ive been running recently

bring ur snowboots (Abomasnow) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Wood Hammer

Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

basically, mega abomasnow provides hail for kyurem and quick priority that is good for taking down faster pokemon, as well as leech seed to break down any walls necessary. kyurem takes advantage of said hail by launching blizzards left and right and outspeeding all of the unboosted meta. hail also aids it in getting easier kills on pokemon it would not normally ohko. leech seed on abomasnow helps in this end as well. doublade takes care of any walls that abomasnow+kyurem cannot overcome, such as florges and blissey, is a win condition after the opposing pokemon are weakened by hail, gives another form of priority, and more importantly, gives a lot of defensive synergy to the core. doublade switches in to the fighting types, rock types, and even steel types that would typically beat kyurem and abomasnow. in return, kyurem and abomasnow beat any physical walls that would block doublade from sweeping late-game.

i would likely add some form of wish support, as hail tends to wear down doublade rather quickly, as well as adding some sort of hazard removal. tentacruel works well in this regard, as it removes hazards and is another good switch-in to fighting types, as well as giving toxic spikes which, combined with hail and leech seed, wears down everything to where doublade and abomasnow can pick everything off through priority.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Metagross + Hydreigon + Whimsicott

This core is really, really good. Metagross and Hydreigon synergize really well, as Metagross helps take down Fairy types and can take out Fighting types as well, while Hydreigon is a monster with Fairies gone and also helps with Metagross' checks like Fire types thanks to his Dragon typing. Metagross also sets up Stealth Rock to help weaken Hydreigon's targets. Now, with that, the MetaDreigon core is weak to bulky waters and still a bit weak to Fighting types. Whimsicott is the perfect partner then, as it helps beat bulky waters and walls Fighting types as well, and stopping set-up sweepers with Encore is fun as well. Metagross and Whimsicott also synergize well because of Metagross beating Poison types and Mega Aerodactyl while Whimsicott helps against Ground types and the bulky water. Overall, while this core is weak to a few things, like hard-hitting Fire types like Darmanitan and Entei, it's still a very solid core in the current meta and should be used. (Also Whimsi and Hydreigon provides two checks for Crawdaunt so your team doesn't have to worry as much about Daunt.)

Metagross @ Leftovers / Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- U-Turn

Machamp+Krookodile+Empoleon

This core is one that I've seen quite a bit from time to time, on various peoples' teams, and I think it's one of the more interesting balance cores out there. Machamp and Krookodile on their own are both potent wallbreakers, capable of doing massive damage on the physical side. Between them, they have access to strong moves like Knock off, Dynamic Punch, Earthquake, and Bullet Punch, all of which have various uses. Together, they can blow past many of UU's most cherished walls, most notably working hard to overload their shared Fairy and Flying-type checks with their powerful moves and coverage options. However, despite their incredible offensive synergy, their defensive synergy is often kind of lacking, with uncovered weaknesses to Fighting, Grass, Water, Flying, Ice, and Fairy-type moves. That's where Empoleon comes in.

Empoleon covers the Water, Flying, Ice, and Fairy weaknesses that I previously mentioned, and checks a lot of major threats in the tier. In addition, its role compression is great, allowing you to have Stealth Rock and Defog on one Pokemon. This enables Krookodile to deviate from its usual Stealth Rock set and run Choice Band, which is (imo) one of the best wallbreakers in the metagame. You can do other things, too, like run SR Krook and thus allow Empoleon to run Ice Beam, Yawn, or some other move in place of the typical Rocks set. Empoleon brings a lot to the table, and helps round out the attackers of this core nicely.

Obviously, there are still some flaws to the core, namely that, even with Empoleon on the team, Grass, Fighting, and Ground-type moves are still uncovered. To remedy this, consider using a Flying-type, whose Rock weakness in particular is resisted by all three of these Pokemon. Good candidates include Zapdos, Crobat, Salamence, Charizard, and Mega Aerodactyl. In addition, some Grass-types also work well here, as their resistances to Water and Ground-type moves are much appreciated. Consider running Tangrowth, Roserade, or Whimsicott with other members of this team.

Enjoy using this core, it's one of my favorites, and it might become one of your favorites if you give it a spin.

Here's a pretty strong core that I've used extensively and which gave me good results.

This is a balanced core featuring Slowking, Zapdos and Cobalion.

I really enjoy using this trio because it provides sooo much utility in only 3 teamslots: you have physical and special checks, hazards control (Stealth Rocks and Defog), status spread and 2 win conditions, with Cobalion as a fast sweeper and Slowking as a slower one. These 3 'mons also have good type synergy, each of them boasting a useful set of resistances to go with their good defensive stats. This core checks pretty much the entire tier, and as such can serve as a solid backbone for a balanced or bulky offensive team. However, be aware that this core is undermined by a handful of dangerous 'mons, Drill Run Beedrill-Mega and scarfed Hydreigon in particular. Use good checks to these threats and you should be fine.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 96 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

HaxGross

Ah, Haxorus. I've been really liking Haxorus, especially it's Dual Dance set, as it can Swords Dance to break bulkier, slower teams, or it can Dragon Dance to pose a threat to offense. Sadly, the Dragon STAB/ EQ combination cannot hit Fairy types like Whimsicott or Aromatisse hard enough to really threaten them, so they are good checks to Haxorus. Therefore, Metagross is an excellent partner, as it can eliminate Fairy types with it's Steel STABs and wall them really well, while also setting up Stealth Rocks to help Haxorus with it's sweep or wallbreaking. Haxorus' Dragon typing can also help Metagross in a pinch, as Hax can take a Fire or Water hit if it needs to, although you should have teammates for that kind of thing. Good partners for this core are Water types like Feraligatr and Mega Sharpedo, as they can take Fire and Ground type attacks, and Mega Sharpedo can clean up late-game when Haxorus takes down bulkier teams or weakens offense teams. RestTalk physically defensive Mega Ampharos is a decent partner as well, as it's a very good check to Crawdaunt and Fire types, although stacking typings can hurt. An answer to bulky waters, like Heliolisk or Shaymin, can also help. Overall, this is a really cool core, and I hope you try it out!

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Metagross @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Bullet Punch / Zen Headbutt

Honchkrow + Heracross + Metagross

Honchkrow is a pretty cool and underrated sweeper, with powerful moves like Sucker Punch and Brave Bird combined with Moxie, along with Pursuit utility. Honchkrow struggles with bulky Steel types, things that can revenge it like Krookodile and Cobalion, and walls in general, so Swords Dance Guts Heracross is a great partner, as it crushes walls pretty nicely and can check some of the revengers mentioned above, while Honchkrow can help Pursuit trap Psychic types. Heracross' wallbreaking also helps Honchkrow out late-game. Honch and Hera have problems with Fairy types and appreciate hazard support, so Metagross is an excellent partner as it checks Fairy types and sets up Rocks effectively. Good partners for this core are Rotom-Heat, which can check Ground and Fire types, Mega Ampharos, who helps with bulky waters and Fire types and has a slow Volt Switch to help bring in the members of the core, and Mega Swampert, who can wallbreak/sweep with Rain Dance and check Fire and Ground types. Porygon2 deserves a mention as it can check stuff like Mamoswine and Hydreigon while also having recovery in Recover. I hope you try out this core!

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird
- Pursuit
- Superpower / Roost

Heracross @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off

Metagross @ Life Orb / Shuca Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Last edited:

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Hello everyone! LittleRunnerXC here and I wanna bring up a core that I have been having great success with lately, and I think is really good in the current meta. This core can fit mostly on teams somewhere close to Bulky Offense and Balance. This core is also in my latest RMT Adaptability, and functions exceptionally well there. This features a very overlooked mon in Mega-Ampharos, which in my opinion is a much better mega than many people think, and is the best slow volt switcher in the game, and one of the best support mons in the game, Whimsicott. Lets begin!

Mega-Ampharos and Whimsicott!

This 2 part core is a phenomenal core that can accomplish many things for a team. It has a crawdaunt counter and a potential crawdaunt counter, as well as voltturn and team support. The two complement eachother very well, as one can bring slow volt-switches, and the other can bring fast u-turns, and keep offensive momentum up. Mega-Ampharos can take care of the steel, flying, and fire types that give Whimsicott trouble, and Whimsicott can take care of the ground and dragon types that give Whimsicott trouble. The support these 2 mons bring is also very helpful for offensive teams, Mega-Ampharos can provide heal bell support, and Whimsicott can deter hazard setters, and set up sweepers, while also paralyzing foes to allow Mega-Ampharos to start outspeeding. These two also posses some of the 2 best types in the game, Fairy and Dragon. Overall this core has been very good for me and I hope you try it out yourself!

Here are the sets I usually use when using this core
Amphabulous (Ampharos-Mega) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heal Bell
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
This is an offensive heal bell set I love to death, as it hits hard offensively, and can still provide team support. The other common set is the physically defensive resttalk ampharos, and that also works very well here

Trickster (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stun Spore
- Encore
- U-turn
- Moonblast

This is pretty much the standard set, except I decide to run 128 speed and a timid nature to outspeed all max invested base 100's

Hope you liked it!

+
+

Ampharos-Mega + Venomoth + Krookodile

Basically, Ampharos can handle Pokemons like Empoleon and Crobat, and can Volt Switch on Florges, so Veno gets a free setup.Krook can setup rocks, they will help Veno to sweep and force Crobat to Defog and not U-Turn on the Ampharos Switch, you can Pursuit Meta and Doublade and stuff too with Krook, so it's easier to sweep with Veno.It also beats the most Steel Types in the tier, and something like Cobalion and Empoleon can be beaten by Ampharos.

Importable Core:

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch

Venomoth @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Sludge Bomb
- Quiver Dance

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

You can play defensive Amphi also, but its ur choice, i prefer the offensive set because it is stronger, but you can run a defensive set for Daunt, Entei and stuff.

Yoo, hope you guys liked it :D

Last edited:

Mamoswine + Mega Sceptile
@

Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
Earthquake

Superpower

Icicle Crash

Ice Shard

@

Ability: Overgrow
Modest Nature
Giga Drain

Leaf Storm

Dragon Pulse

Hidden Power
Hello people, I have a golden core for you! Mamoswine and Mega Sceptile both compliment each other in there typing defensively and offensively very well. Speed is not an issue either with these two as Mamoswine has the powerful priority and Mega Sceptile has one of the highest speed tiers in the meta. A lot of teams cannot prepare for a core as devastating as this one. I highly suggest you try it out for yourselves.

With Mamoswine and Sceptile on one team, a lot of bases have been covered. The core has the electric immunity on lock down with an ability that counter plays the electric attack and a pokemon that cant deal stab super effective damage to them. Bulky waters love to wall Mamoswine, but not Mega Sceptile. Sceptile can switch in and deal incredible damage with Leaf Storm on anything that wants to come in. Sceptile can also switch in on the grass moves that Mamoswine does not want to take and fire off the appropriate move. On the other side, Mamoswine comes in on those deadly Ice Shards with the help of thick fat, and then fires off an unsuspected Superpower on the Abomasnow or opposing Mamoswine. Clearing the way for a late game Sceptile sweep is what Mamoswine is all about. Mamo cleans up annoying steel types, flying types, and dragon types. Of course stuff like Whimsicott with the grass move and Forretress can still be rather difficult to kill off. Hp Fire from Mega Sceptile eliminates those threats with relative ease.

Building a team from this core is not too difficult. Things I look for here are defensive back ups if the core runs into a scarfed pokemon or a wall they can't overcome. Slowking is something that came to mind while building with this core. It is a win condition as well as a fighting and fire type counter. With our ground resistance plus offensive pressure, the team could even have a Qwilfish. The spike stack would be nice as well as a switch in for Mega Beedrill. Offensive rapid spin Tentacruel would work well in an HO team. I would definitely want some sort of fire type. Defensively, Arcanine sounds pretty good. Offensively Infernape and Entei would be nice options to absorb fairy attacks (not infernape) and outspeed Mamoswine. Empoleon and Forretress make nice hazard removal and setters for the core by resisting ice and fairy attacks. You would have to compliment them with a nice fighting resist.

Replay of core in action vs Aquadext
-Here I get the lead match up right and mega evolve my Sceptile. I used the core with Empoleon + Fighting Resist (Granbull) and they acted as nice pillows. Mamoswine comes in late game after my Sceptile thrashes around the "resists" a bit. Mamo puts Gyarados in range of Sceptiles 100% accurate attacks and kills off the Krookodile. That and Empoleon laying up rocks on the Kyurem means that my Sceptile can clean up.​

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 144 Atk / 24 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Switcheroo
- U-turn

Started playing regularly again over the past week and I've had a lot of fun using these guys. Gyarados is obviously a huge threat right now but it does have its fair share of checks in Protect Chesnaught, Zapdos, Empoleon, and revenge killers like Scarf Mowtom, Mega Sceptile and Mega Aero. Mamo not only beats all of them but also matches up decently with it defensively, switching into predicted Electric moves while Gyara absorbs Fighting and Steel attacks and gets setup opportunities on Pokemon that force Mamo out, such as Cobalion and Mola. Mamo overall is just an amazing anti-meta Pokemon with Ice Shard destroying offense and its other moves wrecking everything else. I've gone for Adamant because Gyara and Whimsi both make great Gatr checks which is the main thing Jolly Mamo outspeeds, while I really love the raw power of Adamant (outright OHKOs Mega Aero after rocks and Sceptile before Mega Evolving, while Jolly is a roll) over the 50/50 chance of beating Jolly Mamo and Timid Chandelure. I also made Gyara a bit bulkier than usual to prevent Suicune's Scald from breaking its sub at +2 and Infernape from OHKOing with +2 Grass Knot.

Rounding it off is Specs Whimsi just because I'm clearly obsessed :P Seriously though there is one Pokemon that causes physical attackers like Mamo and Gyara major problems, which is Sableye. Whimsi annihilates it and also provides much needed Speed since the other two are relatively slow, and in this fast paced meta some pure speed and power is much appreciated. It synergises really well with them offensively too by beating Chesnaught, which can cause Mamo problems with Spiky Shield, Drain Punch and Leech Seed, Mowtom, Foul Play Mandi and Umbreon, and the ever-present bulky Waters. Whimsi + Mamo also provide pretty much failsafe security against Dragons, and it's always funny Switcherooing something behind a sub lol.

With this core I either aim to break down Gyara's checks with Mamo and Whimsi or use Gyara as an early game wallbreaker to set up and bust holes in the opponent's team, allowing the other two to clean up with Ice Shard / Specs Moonblast later. Defensively also they are quite solid with some nice resistances and immunities between them, so they bring a lot more to a team than just attacking flair. Gyara especially is a great asset with Intimidate backed up by solid defensive stats and typing.

So that's it, hope you guys like the core and you're welcome to try it out! Be sure to pack some hazard control with it, I've been using Forry which sets up rocks, spins, and offers useful resistances and that nice slow Volt Switch :)

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

This is a pretty fun core I've been using in an offense team based around Shell Smash Explosion Cloyster. Cloyster is a pretty underrated mon right now, as while it doesn't get too many set-up oppurtunities and can rarely sweep unless late-game, it's still a pretty cool mon to mush up walls or revenge kill stuff with Ice Shard. Explosion lets Cloyster boom through bulky waters like Suicune, who are common switchins to it. Mega Sceptile helps Cloyster with his Electric and Grass weaknesses, as well as providing a great Water check if you don't wanna Boom them. Gyarados might seem like a weird option due to the type stacking it has, but it actually works nicely with the core, benefitting from Cloyster's weakening of bulky waters and most walls, and Mega Sceptile's immunity to Electric-type moves, in order to sweep very easily late-game. Good partners for the core include hazard control mons to mitigate Gyarados' and Cloyster's Stealth Rock weakness, hazard setters (I've been using lead Aerodactyl on the team that I used this core on), and also other wallbreakers can help this core sweep more easily, so partners like Infernape or Specs Gardevoir are appreciated. I hope you guys like this core!

Cloyster @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Explosion

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang

Seismitoad + Florges + Forretress Defensive Core
Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Knock Off

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

This is an impressive core. Seismitoad grants a protection against Espeon, Alakazam (Withou Energy Ball and Without Psychic), Entei, Darm and Etc.. Foretress is the Bulky Physical Wall there Seismitoad and Florges need, and Florges can Check Salamence (Without Iron Tail), and any other Special Sweeper without a Super Effective attack.

Reuniclus CalmCover Bold - It can easily setup CM and do recover later
Roserade LO HP Fire - Did i need to explain?
Stall - Fuck you pokemonisfun ;-;

Fast Taunt Users - Pokémon such as Hydreigon, Crobat and Cobalion with Taunt can easily deal with Reuniclus, Stall and Roserade
VoltTurn - VoltTurn grants you momentum to switch. Mega Bee + Helio, Whimsi + Mega Amphy and Darmanitan + Zapdos, all these cores are nice to use.

Edit
Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
The Physically Defensive set can be used otherwise, principally for counter Alakazam.

Sorry about the English, i come from Brazil and I only did one year of language course

Hope you enjoy the core!

Mr. Highways​

Last edited:

Threw

cohiba

Gyarados @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake / Bounce
- Substitute / Taunt
- Dragon Dance

Virizion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge / Taunt
- Swords Dance

I just remembered this thread exists, would've posted this a while ago rip. It's not as original now as it was a few weeks ago, but I think it deserves to get on here.

This is a bulky offense core that just has pretty much perfect defensive synergy. Pretty straightforward: Viriz has the typing and amazing Special Defense to switch into any Electric- and Rock-type attacks that bother Gyara with ease (it even handles Zappy pretty well with Stone Edge). It also handles Umbreon and P2, which check Gyara 99/100 times. Meanwhile, Gyara handles the physical attackers that Viriz doesn't handle as well thanks to Intimidate. Another great thing about this core is that either mon can run Taunt, which immediately helps it beat stall - Cress is an especially satisfying victim. Mega Aerodactyl with SE kinda manhandles this core, and Entei can be a problem too, but Lum Berry>Leftovers on Gyara helps with that.

One of my preferred defensive cores right here. Bronzong and Tentacruel are very good together, displaying good type synergy and access to a bunch of utility moves. Tentacruel is weak to Ground, Psychic, and Electric-type moves, and Bronzong resists Ground and Psychic-type moves while having its Fire weakness covered by Tentacruel. There are some extra weaknesses here and there, but nothing that a teammate can't handle (I'll get to that in a bit). The main thing here is that both of these 'mons offer a lot of team support. Bronzong is a good choice for balance thanks to its access to SR, Toxic, and a great Ground immunity that allows it to check more threats than Doublade or Mega Aggron, including stuff like DD Salamence, Shaymin, and Kyurem, all of which pack Ground coverage most of the time. Tentacruel brings even more status to the table in the form of Toxic Spikes and Scald, both of which can change the course of games completely. It also resists both Fire and Fighting-type moves, allowing it to check a few more threats than your average bulky Water, most notably Infernape, whose +2 Grass Knot doesn't destroy Tentacruel the way it does other Waters. Overall, these two check a number of threats, but there are still some holes in the core. Chandelure, Sableye, Jellicent, and other Ghost-types definitely give the core trouble, so adding a strong Dark-type like Hydreigon, Krookodile, or Mega Houndoom is recommended. Dark-types are also a problem, making Florges a great partner for this core. CM Florges deserves a special mention here because it can take full advantage of Toxic Spikes when setting up on things, while also taking most of the Electric-type moves that give Tentacruel trouble. Offensive Dragon-types offer a secondary Fire-type check, taking some of the pressure off of Tentacruel when it comes to beating stuff like Entei and Darmanitan. Salamence and Hydreigon are both optimal partners for this reason. This core is pretty good, I recommend you try it on balance.
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball / Iron Head
- Earthquake

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Knock Off / Haze / Acid Spray

Defense/Balance core.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar

Sets are flexible, since the main selling point is the obviously good type synergy. Good at spreading status, since slowking forces switches on so many pokemon; strong used in conjunction with bulky offense. In particular, aggron helps when slowking invites beedrill to come in. Steelix might be better here to also handle volt switch, but since I haven't tested it with steelix I figured I'd leave it as aggron unless someone else can vouch for steelix. Geared towards physical attacks, so something to handle special attacks and in particular volt-switch are necessary.

Last edited:

Escavalier + Mega Blastoise + Porygon2 Balanced Core
Description
That core can check a good percentage of this Metagame. Escavalier provydes protection to Roserade, Tangrowth and another Pokémon that can put the team asleep. It also can Pursuit Alakazam and Espeon, a really nice teammate. Blastoise has the perfect protection: Grass for Escavalier and Electric, for Porygon2, so Blastoise can defeat with ease Fire Types with a monstrous Attack, like Entei and Darmanitan. Porygon2 is here for wall all the other threats, like Amoonguss HP Fire and Rotom-Heat.
Counters
Fighting Types: Machamp and Heracross are so Dangerous. Nothing can take a 3HKO.
Nice Teammates
Alakazam: With Sash, Alakazam can revenge kill any Pokémon.

I made this core with my friend retrowaves, so, thank you!
Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Knock Off / Drill Run
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave /Toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)