UU Simple Questions Thread

How do I EV a Kyurem that meets the following conditions?

It must have 252 Speed Timid and 31 Speed IVs
It must be able to make Subs with at least 101 HP
It must be able to use Substitute 5 times in a row from 100% health while holding Leftovers (and of course nothing silly like SS would be up)

If this isn't possible because the last condition please tell me
Use 56 HP EVs, max Speed, and then throw the rest into attacking stats or whatever you're doing.

How do I EV a Kyurem that meets the following conditions?

It must have 252 Speed Timid and 31 Speed IVs
It must be able to make Subs with at least 101 HP
It must be able to use Substitute 5 times in a row from 100% health while holding Leftovers (and of course nothing silly like SS would be up)

If this isn't possible because the last condition please tell me
What Swamp Link said. However, I don't really see a point in using 101 substitutes in UU since Seismic Toss/Night Shade is nowhere to be seen. (except rarely on Sableye maybe)

Ernesto edit: Better safe than sorry, right? ;)

What Swamp Link said. However, I don't really see a point in using 101 substitutes in UU since Seismic Toss/Night Shade is nowhere to be seen. (except rarely on Sableye maybe)

Ernesto edit: Better safe than sorry, right? ;)
Dusclops relies on Night Shade to deal damage, and he's seen in UU semi frequently.

Cue in the laughter over people using Dusclops in UU.

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Dusclops relies on Night Shade to deal damage, and he's seen in UU semi frequently.

Cue in the laughter over people using Dusclops in UU.
-ahahahahaha-

Anyway, 101 HP subs aren't that bad, especially if you're only using 52 EVs for it. It's not like the 52 HP isn't going to be useful for anything else, anyway. However, I would check to see if any crucial KOs for your team are missed by sacrificing some of those EVs.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Thanks for the EVs people and I'll stick with 100+ HP subs because there are always more Night Shade Seismic Toss users lurking around than you really think...

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...s-—-february-2014.3501320/page-2#post-5297197

I hope this isn't asking anything stupid but where are the usage stats?
after clicking on the forums they are always under xy discussion heading which if you haven't formatted your settings i believe are the first subforums.

Few simple questions if I may. I plan to start trying new UU, but I need to know something first:

A) When building team, which are top10 most dangerous and popular threats should I prepare for ?
B) What are popular Rapid Spinners (outside of MegaBlastoise) and which are the best Defog users in tier ?
C) Most popular cores for stall teams ?
D) Most popular leads ?

Thanks for answers ;).

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
a) check out the viability ranking thread
b) starmie and donphan are the most reliable spinners while crobat and aerodactyl are the most reliable defoggers
c) slowbro + florges + chesnaught, umbreon + suicune + tornadus-t, mega aggron + florges is kind of bad but people keep using it fsr.
d) there are no leads in XY. if you're looking for a dedicated lead there's azelf and froslass, but i wouldn't recommend that unless you have a team that can /really/ take advantage of them.

Few simple questions if I may. I plan to start trying new UU, but I need to know something first:

A) When building team, which are top10 most dangerous and popular threats should I prepare for ?
B) What are popular Rapid Spinners (outside of MegaBlastoise) and which are the best Defog users in tier ?
C) Most popular cores for stall teams ?
D) Most popular leads ?

Thanks for answers ;).
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-simulator-statistics-—-february-2014.3501320 A lot of your questions are here.

Hello, if I'd like to create a discussion page for, say, Chesnaught, do I pm one of the moderators to ask for approval? Or do I simply create the page?

Do you guys think its too soon for a Next Best Thing discussion thread? I really enjoyed them in the Gen V meta forums and thought they brought about good and creative sets. I'm just wondering if it'd be better to hold off for a a little bit until the metagame develops and settles down a little more.

kokoloko

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
not at all actually. the earlier the better so if you want to do it, go ahead. make the OP a little less tl;dr though lol

I was reading the new thread on the tiering system and was wondering whether any pokemon currently in UU could potentially be tested for BL after all the current BL pokemon are retested.

kokoloko

doesn't need to be after. the way it'll work is that if something comes up that is potentially problematic, we'll kick it to BL and test it back into UU later.

Hello,

I was searching the forum for an thread with an list of the OU mons and the UU mons,
but I failed finding it.. I need to know the banned pokemon for the UU department
(In the XY hub it says some banned mons, and the rest of the OU mons, but I need to know the rest of the OU mons. )

Thanks,

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Hello,

I was searching the forum for an thread with an list of the OU mons and the UU mons,
but I failed finding it.. I need to know the banned pokemon for the UU department
(In the XY hub it says some banned mons, and the rest of the OU mons, but I need to know the rest of the OU mons. )

Thanks,
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-uu-council-tiering-system-info-bl-retest-record.3502698/

Its like the second or third post in that thread where you can find the ban list and all OU mons.

I have a question too though. Wouldn't it be fun to watch strong UU players like all the council people play simuls?

As in get a single good player and have many (at least 3-5) random people (no offense) challenge them in a game that is timed all at the same time. Also have the council player narrate the games (they would be streaming/recording). I'm not sure how many players would be needed to make it challenging but if you are allowed to do multiple battles at once on PS (idk if you can) I think you would probably need at least 3-5 players

I don't think anything like this has been suggested before so idk if this will work but I would totally watch the simul games....

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-uu-council-tiering-system-info-bl-retest-record.3502698/

Its like the second or third post in that thread where you can find the ban list and all OU mons.

I have a question too though. Wouldn't it be fun to watch strong UU players like all the council people play simuls?

As in get a single good player and have many (at least 3-5) random people (no offense) challenge them in a game that is timed all at the same time. Also have the council player narrate the games (they would be streaming/recording). I'm not sure how many players would be needed to make it challenging but if you are allowed to do multiple battles at once on PS (idk if you can) I think you would probably need at least 3-5 players

I don't think anything like this has been suggested before so idk if this will work but I would totally watch the simul games....
This is a really crazy idea... I think it might work. Here: kokoloko
There we go. This sounds like the good kind of crazy idea though. Would it be possible for maybe Limitless, or somebody else on the council, to do it?

Hey guys I'm looking to get into uu now that it has settled down. I was lurking last night and finnaly decided on making a team with Mega-Ampharos (Bulky-Pivot set), and i have some questions about him.

A) What Type of team does he work best on?
(I'm thinking like bulky offense buy you guys tell me)
B) Good allies for him to succeed?
(So far i have metagross, as they have very good synergy other then the ground weakness and he can take on florges whom Amphy cant touch. The second is Vaporeon, who is a very nice mixed wall who can pass fat wishes to Amphy and take on those ground types.)
C) Can he be a win condition of sorts?
(Basically can he be an effective cleaner/ sweeper when his checks and counters are weakened or nullified)

Thanks ahead of time and sorry for the text wall

TL:DR
How to use Mega-Ampharos effectively.

Bulky Offense fits Mega Ampharos best, especially since he can run Heal Bell which will help a lot with your team, but he can also run Agility to act as a late-game cleaner.

If you're doubling up on Ground weaknesses you ABSOLUTELY need an answer to Nidoking and Ground-type attacks in general. I used him as a Quiver Pass recipient and he basically tore through teams that didn't have Nidoking with next-to-zero effort (once stuff like Florges was weakened/gone) but my team was horribly Nidoking weak. It's difficult because with Chansey gone, your best answer is probably SpDef Umbreon (while you're still KO'd fairly often by Focus Blast, you gotta Recover stall and hope for a lot of misses and low rolls) and virtually nothing else unless you bait the Earth Power/other move that lets you switch in a Pokemon that's immune to one of his attacks.

Call me a bit dumb, but is Crocune or CM Suicune more common?

I do have checks to Crocune on a lot of my teams that get murdered by CM Ice Beam. Should I prepare for both?

Royalty

Confused, truth is what I choose
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It's best to prepare for both if you can since both are pretty big threats in the current meta but crocune is more common.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
TeraVoltage , Mega Ampharos is a solid addition to many Bulky Offense and Balanced teams. Vaporeon is a great partner for it as you have mentioned. As for offensive partners, I find Tornadus-T and Mienshao to be great partners to the Bulky Pivot set, the one you're wanting to use. Both have a difficult time switching in due to their suspect defenses, but Mega Ampharos's slow Volt Switch gives them extra chances to come in. By extension, M-Ampharos can switch into many attacks aimed at them. Another route is Trick Room to take advantage of M-Ampharos's crippling Speed. Slowbro and Escvalier are good starting points here.

Koishi Komeji , make sure you have CroCune handled first and foremost. From there, a strong physical attacker that can outspeed Suicune can keep the Offensive CM set from doing too much damage. Mienshao, Choice Band Victini, and Assault Vest Escavalier all either outspeed the CM set or can tank a hit and strike back. Whenever it enters, treat Suicune as if its CroCune unless you have a strong reason to believe otherwise as CroCune is much harder to deal with than Offensive CM.

What do people recommend using mega aggron or forretress as a stealth rock support? Mega aggron has more overall bulk and probably a better ability, while forretress has rapid spin and leftovers recovery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)