VGC '11 United Kingdom National - Birmingham - June 4th - WON BY RubeNCB92 & Plusle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I never got round to making a team after all. Been spending my time playing the classic Final Fantasy games instead. So actually I probably won't come. Good luck to all those who are going.
If you have any idea of the metagame, your good to go. You can get at least 4 Pokemon on VGC trade threads. That's no reason not to show up, because you don't have a team. The more Smogoners the better :D

If you have any idea of the metagame, your good to go. You can get at least 4 Pokemon on VGC trade threads. That's no reason not to show up, because you don't have a team. The more Smogoners the better :D
Unless of course your competing, in that case it makes life a lot more harder.

Hey, just about to leave for Birmingham. Very nervous but looking forward to it. I will hopefully be tweeting the event (if I am not battling) so you can see how things are going. I'll try and remember to use the tag #vgcuk. Best of luck to everyone taking part, and stay safe!

I think they should have a section for Smogoners so we can all know who each other are :3
Anyways, good luck to all competing!! :D

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Haha hope everyone who is going to Birmingham enjoys today, and will see you all tomorrow :)

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've tried without fail to get tomorrow off work to go on a duck hunt, and cruelly been denied.

Therefore I'm putting plan B into operation-Is there anyone about tonight that wants to help with my quest to reach Rank S for the passerby Surveys.

Also a long shot but if anyone has Ranger 3 would also be a great chance too try out the Deoxys Mission.

Team, finished, tested, pretty decent. Tickets on my bedside table and my bag is packed. DS, phone and iPod on charge. I'm rather excited now. I doubt I'll get far but as my first Pokemon tournament, I'll still be content watching the higher rounds. Looking forward to some interesting games. ^_^

Team, finished, tested, pretty decent. Tickets on my bedside table and my bag is packed. DS, phone and iPod on charge. I'm rather excited now. I doubt I'll get far but as my first Pokemon tournament, I'll still be content watching the higher rounds. Looking forward to some interesting games. ^_^
You and me both....except for the tickets and phone on charge. My first time competing (hopefully) and I'm hoping to at least make it to last 32 or somewhere close to that.

I am ready, stuff is charging, travel is ready for tomorrow, alarms are set...

Let's do this! *Determined face*

Still getting my remaining Pokemon >.<
Btw, I'm always really interested in meeting the newer players as well as the ones I've actually seen around, so if you guys see a group of people where one of them has a Yoshi army, come talk! :D

In Birmingham about 5 minutes away from the NEC~ Can't wait for tommorow, gonna be tense. At the Remada Encore finishing off some last minute tweaks and gonna be there bright and early. c:

Still getting my remaining Pokemon >.<
Btw, I'm always really interested in meeting the newer players as well as the ones I've actually seen around, so if you guys see a group of people where one of them has a Yoshi army, come talk! :D
I'd come talk but I'm probably one of the shyest people you'll see there :naughty:

Other than that I'll probably be in the thick of the action :naughty:

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Woah!!! Gentleben you probably dont realize who I am but we were on NoE together with Havak like 7 years ago.

I am in Birmingham with gec, keelhauled, tab, Kawaii and some friends.
I have already jumped into pokerob's arms and declared my love for him. Good vgc so far.

Still not ready but I am still going to come. Just having a few last minute ev sessions. I could do with a life orb but don't have enough points! Grrr

Not sure what time I'll get there. I need to get to bed but think I'll be up a while yet. I think I'll probably be there mid morning time. I completely forgot to pack my ranger. I never thought about playing that. Never mind.

Good luck everyone for tomorrow :)

ps Gentleben I think I remember you from an event in Sheffield or somewhere like that. I think it was the anniversary pokemon giveaway that I saw you at. I was with my younger brother and his friend. They have both grown out of pokemon but I am still at it! Was it you that had a dvd player with a movie? It was ages ago!

Woah!!! Gentleben you probably dont realize who I am but we were on NoE together with Havak like 7 years ago.

I am in Birmingham with gec, keelhauled, tab, Kawaii and some friends.
I have already jumped into pokerob's arms and declared my love for him. Good vgc so far.

hmm now you mention it the name does ring a bell from NOE Forums.
Sucks that I'm working tomorrow, it would have been cool to hook up.

I had planned to catch the train to the event after work tomorrow at 4pm, but it's my Dads Birthday on Sunday so all my brothers and sisters and meeting tomorrow for a meal in the evening. So I won't have time.

Is anyone staying till Sunday? or returning for the unofficial event in Birmingham in the coming weeks?

ps Gentleben I think I remember you from an event in Sheffield or somewhere like that. I think it was the anniversary pokemon giveaway that I saw you at. I was with my younger brother and his friend. They have both grown out of pokemon but I am still at it! Was it you that had a dvd player with a movie? It was ages ago!
Yep that sounds like me, I likely also had my E-card reader for givng people those E-berries and Eon tickets.

Yes you had a bag load of stuff. I remember you showing me your pokedex on fire red. It was quite busy at that event if I remember right.

I have to drive back to Dorset on Sunday. I would have stayed up there if not but am just doing Birmingham in a day tomorrow. I doubt I'll get very far this year but will still be nice to go.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nearly 1am, still fully awake in our hotel room chilling with Kinneas, keelhauled and tab. Went out for midnight mcdonalds as you do and I don't think we're actually gonna bother sleeping tonight 9.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)