VGC '11 World Championships - San Diego, US - August 14th - WON BY BlueCookies & kamz

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamz

VGC 2011 Seniors Champion
I was just reading on the official website. I'm happy for Kamz and all, but what I don't like is how he basically just used Aaron's team give or take a few moves. Idk, I just like when people use their own strategies. I'm not trying to lash out at Kamz or anyone or trying to start a conflict, please, don't take this the wrong way. I'm just wondering, was it a coincidence or did you discuss with him or something? It's none of my business anyway. You don't have to reply to this :)
kay rukario there is no shame in a solid team. aarons team is solid and i decided to change my team at 3 am the day before last chance qualifier because of my match against kid kadabra showing me i had no solid trick room counter. aaron's team did so i ran it.

kay rukario there is no shame in a solid team. aarons team is solid and i decided to change my team at 3 am the day before last chance qualifier because of my match against kid kadabra showing me i had no solid trick room counter. aaron's team did so i ran it.
That's all I wanted to know. I don't want to start any conflicts or anything. I mean, if I knew a team is doing well I would have done the same thing. I've been wondering this for a while, what if the opponent leads Chandelure and Bisharp and Bisharp Dark Gem Sucker Punches the Jellicent for the KO, while your Chandelure goes for the Shadow Ball on their Chandelure and it survives with Sash and puts up Trick Room? I've just been wondering how you or Aaron didn't face a team like that :x lol.

Good job bluecookies. Let´s see if you continue the streak next year. Kinda like the undertaker of pokemon xD. I was looking for vids but.. no luck. Can someone help me out?

Wow...wonderful world championship and great experience!

It was a very very close final, but i think that BlueCookies deserved the victory, than that's ok.
GG Ray and congrats again ;)

big ray rizzo doing work!
Grats man, enjoy the free trips again!

Grats to kamz too, people may say seniors isn't worth as much, but it's still an incredibly difficult task to win any tournament, let alone the world championships, so a major well done there.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow...wonderful world championship and great experience!

It was a very very close final, but i think that BlueCookies deserved the victory, than that's ok.
GG Ray and congrats again ;)
Congrats on your Worlds 2012 invite and free trip to Hawaii!

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Congratulations to Raaayyyy Riizzzzooooo!!

Seriously well done man, absolutely insane achievement.

Well done to everyone who competed yesterday, also. Looking forward to next year.

That's all I wanted to know. I don't want to start any conflicts or anything. I mean, if I knew a team is doing well I would have done the same thing. I've been wondering this for a while, what if the opponent leads Chandelure and Bisharp and Bisharp Dark Gem Sucker Punches the Jellicent for the KO, while your Chandelure goes for the Shadow Ball on their Chandelure and it survives with Sash and puts up Trick Room? I've just been wondering how you or Aaron didn't face a team like that :x lol.
Bisharp itself is rare in the metagame and I have actually never played a person with both Bisharp and Chandy as their leads. My Jellicent Chandy leads are only meant to counter leads such as Scrafty because you outspeed them and block the Fake Out. It's the most simple trick room counter, but there are more ways to beat it.

Glad to see my team do so well for kamz. Way to go man!

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Congratulations Ray and Kamz!

I had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone at World's this weekend. I'll post some pictures later, but in the meantime, here is a video of the final match between Ray and Matteo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8uszlnw19c

I was sitting in the middle of Ray's cheering squad so you can hear people planning what cheers to use. It's pretty funny at times.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Congratulations Ray and Kamz!

I had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone at World's this weekend. I'll post some pictures later, but in the meantime, here is a video of the final match between Ray and Matteo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8uszlnw19c

I was sitting in the middle of Ray's cheering squad so you can hear people planning what cheers to use. It's pretty funny at times.
Awesome. I watched the stream live and it was okay (thanks to the streamers this weekend by the way), but the quality here is fantastic, I suggest everyone watch it even if you saw the game already. Thanks.

Bisharp itself is rare in the metagame and I have actually never played a person with both Bisharp and Chandy as their leads. My Jellicent Chandy leads are only meant to counter leads such as Scrafty because you outspeed them and block the Fake Out. It's the most simple trick room counter, but there are more ways to beat it.

Glad to see my team do so well for kamz. Way to go man!
Bisharp/Chandy is 50% of what I lead with. :P

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
congrats sirs, you can have my 1000th post. seriously winning 2 years in a row is a ridiculously good achievement.

Congratulations to the champions! If winning the championship the year before didn't cement Ray as a masterful player, winning it in a completely different battle format this year did.

Also, the Champion battle music remix from RBY was ridiculously epic.

2012 will have the japanese back. GO EUROPEAN ARMY, NEXT YEAR IN HAWAI WE´LL BEAT THE JAPANESE, THE AMERICANS, AND OUR BIGGEST THREAT: RIZZO WINNING THIS FOR THIRD CONSECUTIVE TIME!

Congrats Bluecookies nice work and nice proof that pokemon is a game of skills and not luck!^^

Would be if theres no qualifier in sweden fun to see bluecookies vs the japanese guy who won the two years before bluecookies won! In the finals of course.

kamz

VGC 2011 Seniors Champion
Finally got home!! My little Bro and I past out and just woke up so I will put up a warstory soon. Also Unreality I will keep my promise of keeping up with my grammar and shift key. Really proud of my little bro getting top 8 even though he could have top 4d if he had used his trick room counters :nerd:

Add
Delete

Finally got home!! My little Bro and I past passed out and just woke up so but I will put up a warstory soon. Also Unreality I will keep my promise of keeping up with my grammar and shift key. Really proud of my little bro getting top 8 even though he could have top 4d 4'd if he had used his trick room counters. :nerd:
GP Check 1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)