VGC '12 Locations - Canadian Nationals Announced (Updated March 4th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't see why there would be. Look in the OP and you'll see the most likely places. With my limited knowledge of US geography, the only regional I see Phoenix making for is Southern Plains and Houston is more than likely taking that.

WELL FUCK MY ASS

I guess it's really not that expensive to go to Indiana and chances are I'm going to get a job soon and I already bought my bus ticket and I want to see people soooooo yup ^_____^

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cool so the only two remaining locations we don't know are where the Eastern Canada (likely Toronto area) and Southeast (likely Atlanta area) regionals are.

Does anyone have a hunch on where the Vancouver Regional may be held? I was thinking the Vancouver Convention Centre, but I am not sure, and can't think of any other possible venues.

Firestorm

No idea. Last year was the Compass Point Inn in Surrey but this years is expected to have 3 - 4 times the number of people as last year due to the addition of VGC and the Oregon regional happening at a different time. I assume they'll be changing the venue as a result. Vancouver Convention Centre would be an awesome location though.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I wonder how popular the Vancouver VGC will be. I'm curious as to how they're going to market it there.

Yeah, Vancouver Convention Centre would be the BEST place to have it. Nice view, nice venue, nice and big, nice washrooms, it's just nice, and awesome. Another good venue could be one of those party halls(banquet halls).

Also, I think that Vancouver has pretty good Pokemon community. Not to mention, players from Seattle may come as well.

Oh, are we talking about Vancouver now? I wish they could afford to advertise like they do in Japan.

I took this in the subway around 2 days after B/W came out. They advertised pokemon everywhere, including the Victini downloads and Mcdonalds downloads... if only Vancouver was Japan for a day.

I kind of hope its at the convention center. Easier for me to get to as opposed to Surrey, especially if I'm there all day.

They should do Atlanta for southeast again I hope they do. Then ill be able to go even though lake buena vista,FL is like 4 hours away...

I am so pumped to see Canadian nerds at the VGC's hopefully they don't pick an awkward place in Toronto to get too.

Provi Rhode Island. Not having to drive 4+ hours this year Let's try 45 minutes with more of my friends this time= pumped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)