VGC '12 United Kingdom National - Birmingham - March 3 - WON BY KobraTail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulling out of this year's due to exams and vital coursework. Hopefully be going to 1 European Event.
Why ist ze nationalz so early?!

Pulling out of this year's due to exams and vital coursework. Hopefully be going to 1 European Event.
Why ist ze nationalz so early?!
My thoughts exactly. I share almost the same problems as you (maths + stats GCSEs in June AHHHHHHH), but I liked in the half terms more.

I hate to be the bad example here but come on people lol are GCSEs really that difficult, it's only one day and if you're not a dumbass one day should make absolutely no difference. It's worth it, honestly.

This may be coming from someone who spent the entire GCSE period playing Halo 3 and while I did end up getting more As than A*s, hitting up the Pokémon half way through the exam period's meant a whole lot more to me than any slightly better (and basically worthless) GCSE grades. Besides, I probably would've had those As anyway.

I hate to be the bad example here but come on people lol are GCSEs really that difficult, it's only one day and if you're not a dumbass one day should make absolutely no difference. It's worth it, honestly.

This may be coming from someone who spent the entire GCSE period playing Halo 3 and while I did end up getting more As than A*s, hitting up the Pokémon half way through the exam period's meant a whole lot more to me than any slightly better (and basically worthless) GCSE grades. Besides, I probably would've had those As anyway.
I know GCSEs are supposedly easy (that's why I'm on Smogon rather than doing my homework), but it's really not a chance I'd be willing to take. That said, I'm still going to nats, so what Mafia's reasons are, however abstract, are his to decide.

Still, please come Mafia :'(

I think i'm in the minority here that actually prefers the current date of it. Last year nats were bang in the middle of my A Levels, which was horrendous timing in hindsight, because I spent much more time preparing my team than doing work.

Now I'm on a reading week, I had an exam last week, but it was nowhere near as important as the ones in may/june where it would have been if it kept the usual timing.
but yeah
5 SLEEPS TILL BHAM YEAHHHHHHH

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It really depresses me when I have to edit the countdown in the title. Seems like im taking off another week every day.

...If only it went that quickly. These next 5 days are going to be the slowest of my life.

And Keelhauled, I am, too, happy with the date. May/June are going to be nightmarish for me.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I can only agree with the new date, although it didn't really affect me last year, as I was on a gap year, this year it would have fallen right towards the end of the Uni year, so I'd either be panicking about getting my work in, or busy moving my stuff back home.

6 days is absolutely nothing. Before I know it, I'll be heading to the train station. Absolute mayhem.

Tbf It's a resit, so I need the revision Day. Based on my mocks if I don't significantly improve on the module, the top I can get at the end is an A. My school says you need A* at GCSE to do A Level (which I need for a Uni!) so basically I have no choice in this. (They iz gettin harder btw).
BUT NEVER FEAR! Italy VGC Is here! Easter Holiday here I come!
On a serious note though someone please beat the "Spanish Armada". Which brings me to my second point, didn't the Spanish Armada get, well, beaten back when they tried to invade? 0_o.

The Spanish armada did get beaten... but almost entirely by storms and the rocky coastline. Unfortunately for a lot of poor English fellas, Birmingham is about as far from the sea as you get and we're gonna be taking heavy casualties from MIS AMIGOS LOS HABAKIANOS!!! SPANISH ARMY JAJAJAJA ;3

does this make me a bit of a traitor to my country or am i let off because i'm the world's highest ranked brit jajajajaa

Just thought I'd remind everyone, make sure you have a funny trainer message for the event. If there's anything us brits are best at it's a bit of the old innuendo, myself included even if most of it's unintentional.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just thought I'd remind everyone, make sure you have a funny trainer message for the event. If there's anything us brits are best at it's a bit of the old innuendo, myself included even if most of it's unintentional.
Dear lord. I almost forgot about that. Mine would otherwise be left unchanged, though I do enjoy "DURANT is the cause of many ANGER". I'll have a look round for something lewd. If you can't think of a good innuendo, I'll give you one.

"Behold my METAPOD GUNK SHOT!"

Ahahaha gec you're not dark enough though

Another one I came up with was "Behold my RENTAL BOY!" but I still think there's better yet to come. Something a little out of the box probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)