Want to see your Original sprites on the X-Box Live Arcade?

Ah I see what you mean. I was planning to widen the shading, this was just the concept sprite. I'll work on another and fix those up.

So this is what I've come up with. Just tell me if you want different coloring or a bit different orientation of its metal workings. I give you.... Rhitanium!
Quagsire... That shading is extremely flat. Nothing in real life would have no tones differ except for the very very top and very very bottom bit. Also, is it covered in ropes or something? And why doesn't it have toes on it's back feet?
I agree with all of this! It is also facing the wrong way so you should switch that before doing the shading as it will likely affect the outcome.

Here are my fixes. Better?
I think that the Vamp Squid's evo looks kida dead right now. It's looking strasight up, and that's not natural, IMO. Both squid's shading also looks a little flat to me.

The Sea turtle's shading also looks a little flat, but I could prob. fix that up. Loving the Ice Monster tho. +)

Here are my fixes. Better?
I think that the Vamp Squid's evo looks kida dead right now. It's looking strasight up, and that's not natural, IMO. Both squid's shading also looks a little flat to me.

The Sea turtle's shading also looks a little flat, but I could prob. fix that up. Loving the Ice Monster tho. +)
I really like the ice frilled lizard! It looks great!

The squids maybe could use a little bit of tweaking but overall I really like them, great work!

The turtles could both still use a bit of work :/

Okay, officially stating my progress to the world.

I've been working for S534 for awhile now, and thus I have lots of concepts up for Postage. These are only some of the concepts I have not sprited yet, and they are not all of my concepts either. The older ones I have made can be found on the Facebook Page. Anyways, here we go!

These are all of my current concepts. In order, they are...
Earth Eagle/Hawk
Water Basilisk
Shadow Angler
Metal Shark
Fire Cordylus
Electric Weasel (which some believe I could easily change to a sort of bird)
Fire Ram

Comments are, as always, welcome! I am eager for the larger comment group found here on Smogon. +)

Ha ha ha, yeah, Xand has been with us awhile (speaking of which dude could you send me a finished file of the bats you made?) I am sure he will enjoy an environment where he isn't the only one doing anything, as will I, lol.

Keep up the great work everybody!

************PS: Xand I know you like QC so if you want to try and touch up any of the sprites here you can feel free.

Well, despite no concept art, the inability to fight this thing unless you get a license from Nintendo to port the game to the Wii, and my having relatively little capacity for scratched sprites, I've created a nice sprite concept for Solar...hence why it's barely shaded and stuff...

Basically, it's a solar rooster.

Keep it mind it's just a prototype; I'm shading up the finished adult now.

Well...why couldn't it be genetically modified to have a solar panel on its belly?

I wish he'd do more of it :P
I take offense to that. The reason I don't do much work on Amethyst is becase the sprites take me around 5-6 hours. And 4 to QC something, since I make sure it looks great. Not just good. Great. Plus, in case you haven't checked, I have a life, too. I was in DC last week, darnit! I live in the South! Btw, I actually have Zoroark and a WIP Rotom from that trip finished, but the comp I was working on refuses to turn on so I'll have to wait until I get it fixed to post them. Get off my back. It says on the project that you are expected to do one sprite a week, not five. I keep up with that quota. And don't even get me started with the CAP project the week before. >(

ANYWAYS, I should be able to send the bats to you when I get back home, John. +)

@TFG: I might could scrape some concept art together from your sprite. I'll see what I can do over the weekend. +)

Agreed on CAP10. I didn't realize you could just post and edit your final submission until TennisAce pointed it out.

Anyways...(it's a PNG)

Outside of eyes (and my eyes, that stipling and gradient work [done on paint, heh] REALLY hurts your eyes...)

I'll do a final revision on Paint.Net later.

And I'll get working on the baby.

Well, despite no concept art, the inability to fight this thing unless you get a license from Nintendo to port the game to the Wii, and my having relatively little capacity for scratched sprites, I've created a nice sprite concept for Solar...hence why it's barely shaded and stuff...

Basically, it's a solar rooster.

Keep it mind it's just a prototype; I'm shading up the finished adult now.

Well...why couldn't it be genetically modified to have a solar panel on its belly?

This may end up available for download online as well so don't worry too much about not having an X-box.

As far as the sprite it would seem to be much more of a metal type concept... This is mostly my fault for not being clear on what all the types entail. The solar type is kind of the opposite of the shadow type, they are sort of beings that are made up of light.

Here are some kinds of examples that you could use to base your overall concepts on. Light greens and some yellow would work too... Here are some OLD concept sprites for solar raptors that are currently being reworked....

Agreed on CAP10. I didn't realize you could just post and edit your final submission until TennisAce pointed it out.

Anyways...(it's a PNG)

Outside of eyes (and my eyes, that stipling and gradient work [done on paint, heh] REALLY hurts your eyes...)

I'll do a final revision on Paint.Net later.

And I'll get working on the baby.

Also there are some anatomy issues...

Can you name them? I'm thinking about editing the belly edge...and the double-jointed legs are part of its epicness factor.

EDIT: I'll edit the positioning of the legs. That and the gut seem to be the only issues I can find. Any more?

Likey?

The chick is simple, but it looks like a big puffball of light...with sun-shaped feet...inspiration (though nothing else) was taken from Hoothoot.

I also edited the feet and gut, plus I did that recolor on the crown, eyes, and solar-panel chest. Now it still looks a little solar-panel-y, but it's recognizably Solar.

Do NOT save sprites as JPEG, it distorts and ruins them, save as PNG.
I have the original versions of the sprites as .psds. Saving as JPEGS helps protect against sprite theft online.

I am the head of a game development studio's art department, do NOT question my expertise...

There some serious anatomical issues going on with both of these guys....
Name the issues specifically. I see a few already (namely the feathers and the chick's head,) but do these things HAVE to be realistic? RPGs don't always do that...and I honestly don't see a problem with making them mutated...that's what you wanted, right?

You also have to realize we could just call them "monster chick" and "monster rooster." They don't have to represent real life 100%.

Name the issues specifically. I see a few already (namely the feathers and the chick's head,) but do these things HAVE to be realistic? RPGs don't always do that...and I honestly don't see a problem with making them mutated...that's what you wanted, right?

You also have to realize we could just call them "monster chick" and "monster rooster." They don't have to represent real life 100%.
I can tell you that our company is looking for more realistic looking creatures. Do they have to be absolutely realistic? No. Should they be anatomically feasible at least? Yes.

Take a look at these sprites below to see what we are looking for:

All of these creatures may not be photocopied representations of the creatures they are based off of but all of them make anatomical sense as if they COULD actually exist. Your creatures do not have that quality currently... sorry.

Adult solar chameleon. Is it good enough?

There's a difference between mutated and horribly outlined and shaded, with very diagonal proportions...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)