What do you collect?

I used to collect, the state quarters and pokemon cards. But A few years ago, Just out of the blow I lost all my pokemon cards, and I think I lost the quarters to, because I can't find them.

Wow Great plushy collection!

Books. Sci-fi, travel literature and mostly classics. It feels nice to have a shelffull of books, so you can just pick up a book and start to read. My newest ones are Catch-22 by Joseph Heller and collection of tales from the Arabic Nights (printed 1974, has this really nice smell).

And old pokemon cards too. And foreign money, (although not for any monetary value. My most valuable are two english pounds, and two dollars from United States)

I collect toys named Mighty Muggs, this is what they look like

currently I have a closet full of it unopened! :D

and I collect my favorite TV show DVD's as well like Family Guy, CSI, etc.

I collect beer bottle caps. I have over 50 different types (thank you Wegmans), and over 1000 caps total. I plan on making a beer pong table out of them (which I've done the math, I'll need 5K)

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
At long last, a collection of my best friends.

One thing I'm still super sad about is I used to have a stuffed Gengar that I got in the y2k Pokemon tournament, but it's long since been lost :(

I collect paintball guns and the likes, I love that sport, it's so exhilirating. There sure are alot of stuffed animal/character collector's here, still have a few pokémon stuffed animals from when I was young...

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I collect Pokemon Championships!

Also the DS'es that come with them I guess.

Worlds 2010, Worlds 2009, Palkia/Dialga, Masuda signed Phat

Going to seem rather odd, but I collect ping pong balls. Not types or brands of ping pong balls, but ping pong balls that I used successfully in a game of beer pong. I don't keep the ball if I lose, and even if I win, sometimes I forget to get it.

Currently I have 11 white balls, 14 orange balls, 1 pink ball, and 2 green balls. Again, kinda odd.

Iron Maiden CDs. This doesn't seem much but the nearest shop that sells even rock CDs that I know of is in Belfast. 80 miles away. And I can't exactly buy them all at once when I go there. So my collection of 16/20 (including live albums) is pretty good I think. The only one I downloaded was The Final Frontier, cause I wanted to listen to it on release date and we were on holiday. My brother bought the CD when we got back home though. I also have loads of Pokemon/YuGiOh cards but that was for playing, not collecting.

4 things i collect.
1.)Shoes (my worst spending habit 83 pairs)
2.)swimming clothes(bikinis)
3.)pokemon plushies I got when i was young(like 5) and been addicted ever since.
4.)Old books.
and as my best friend has said.
5.)ex boyfriends souls
6.)love notes.

Iron Maiden CDs. This doesn't seem much but the nearest shop that sells even rock CDs that I know of is in Belfast. 80 miles away. And I can't exactly buy them all at once when I go there. So my collection of 16/20 (including live albums) is pretty good I think. The only one I downloaded was The Final Frontier, cause I wanted to listen to it on release date and we were on holiday. My brother bought the CD when we got back home though. I also have loads of Pokemon/YuGiOh cards but that was for playing, not collecting.
I've always wanted to collect physical copies of Iron Maiden's discography ever since I got into the band in summer 2009. I collect albums on compact discs. I recently finished an Alice in Chains studio and EP collection. At the moment I collect Dio-related albums. I have all the studio albums that Ronnie James Dio was a part of in Rainbow and Black Sabbath. I might be getting the Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970-1978) near Christmas time. I figure I might as well complete the Ozzy Osbourne Black Sabbath albums, and that compilation has such wonderful sound quality.

4 things i collect.
1.)Shoes (my worst spending habit 83 pairs)
2.)swimming clothes(bikinis)
3.)pokemon plushies I got when i was young(like 5) and been addicted ever since.
4.)Old books.
and as my best friend has said.
5.)ex boyfriends souls
6.)love notes.
That's six things...

Two things:

Water Blasters. I have quite a lot.
Are you compensating? "Blasters"? Everyone I've ever talked to calls them water guns, but blasters is a little bit more intense. All jokes aside, why would anyone, ever, collect these?? I ask out of genuine curiosity, not to ostracize. I've always had one for neighborhood cats or children, but if they come back for revenge I tend to bring out the artillery...better known as a garden hose. No need for an entire, tested, arsenal!

Don't you find that once your target is already soaked your water blasters become rather feeble? At that point I'd usually aim for the face out of spite, hoping for an eye shot.

I don't hold with the "keep it in the box" business that some collectors do, I want to take them out and fire them, see how powerful they are and what their range is like.
What a fabulous idea, using toys as toys (or at least using them). Good for you; I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Many a passionate collector has fallen prey to the "Well, it might be worth something one day IF its MCIB" or whatever. You collect them and use them, once again Cantab you've earned my respect; now if only I could apply this logic to women (the collecting/using or perhaps, one day, the respect), life would be more normal.

PS I was kidding about the women part, nobody of worth does that :D

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I collect Michael Crichton books. I dunno, I find his books very satisfying. With my meager student budget, I've bought Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Prey, A Case of Need, Next, Sphere, Andromeda Strain and the new Pirate Latitudes (which was an interesting read).

I would also love to collect the pokemon special manga, except it'll cost me around 400-500 dollars to get the whole series imported from Singapore, or wait for Viz to slowly release one at a time (currently at Vol. 10 I believe).

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Go all 54 released English volumes and just noticed the 55th came out. Wish I realized sooner so I could have included it on my last Amazon order for free shipping... Book Depository is sold out and it's not at Chapters yet =/

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
well I used to collect a fair few things. I went into a Badge craze where I got about 50 odd badges which was pretty cool. Around this time I also got collecting Lego and pokemon cards but I grew out of that a few years ago. Now I suppose I collect Paua Shells (yeah I know its not a traditional "guy" thing to do) which are these really pretty like rainbow coloured shells that look really awesome. Every now and again I polish them so that they don't lose their shine. However while I am at University and thus away from home I don't have time to collect Paua so I can only increase my collection when I come home for the University breaks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)