What do you collect?

I used to collect the quarters with the 50 states on them... I only got about 20 before I got bored though ha.

I've been collecting video games lately. Currently I have 9 boxed N64 games, as well as some other pretty cool gaming stuff.

I collect coins. Ancient, new, destroyed, wasted, whatever. I like any kind of coin. But I've been thinking of collecting all the Final Fantasy games too.

I collect coins also, either other country or old USA coins. So far, I have coins from like 32 different countries. Not going to list old US coins, but I have of all 50 state quarters, the currently released President Dollars, the 07 and 08 proof sets of the Presidental Dollars, and the 08 and 09 uncirculated US Mint sets. I love coins (maybe a bit too much)!
EDIT: I forgot I also collect the Hardy Boys mystery books. I have 1-58 (the original stories and not the new crappy ones). I have 9 first editions and almost all the rest are second.

Unfortunately, I don't collect anything cool or "genius", like those nerds who collect certificates from colleges and that nonsense.
I "collect" yugioh cards, but I really play more competitively. Not that I'm any good at it, but at least I make efforts to keep up with the metagame, strategies, etc. Really the only thing left that I still collect today.

I spent a lot of lego toys, specifically Bionicle, which has now been replaced. Granted I only bought 1-2 per year, but there were days when I would by 15 a year. I guess you would call it childish, but I don't give a damn. It's my private joy--no one can take that away. There is just so much potential. I'm looking into buying large scale sets of lego, but those bricks aren't as appealing to me as those larger, colorful, and amazingly detailed pieces. I have several boxfuls, but I cannot continue to collect due to the end of the series.

I also have a HUGE stuffed pokemon collection from when I was in mental deterioration and my mind was akin to one 5 years younger than my age. Lugia, Shadow Lugia, Deoxys, Pikachu (only big one,besides for Togepi), Groudon, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Corsola, Bulbasaur, Poliwhirl, Egg things that evolve into exeggutor, mudkip, Larvitar, Hoppip, and a few more. I stopped collecting a while ago, though that Jumpluff plush is really tempting me. Oh, and I also have an enormous collection of Beanie Babies. Again, don't ask. I have not purchased a plushed toy for several years now.

I just moved so I don't have anything with me.
But I might be able to get pics up soon (and once I find out how to upload pics).

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I collect snowglobes. I have one from each state capital (even though I've never been to some of them) except Alaska and surprisingly Montana.

I used to collect quarters. Now I'm a Pokemon Collector! (in other words, I don't collect anything except food...In my stomach).

I just started to collect Gundam Model kits, but since the economy is down and whatnot, my collecting of these model kids is evanescent. :(

Go all 54 released English volumes and just noticed the 55th came out. Wish I realized sooner so I could have included it on my last Amazon order for free shipping... Book Depository is sold out and it's not at Chapters yet =/
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

It's beautiful Q____Q

Me and my brother used to blow all of our money on manga until we found out we could read it online. The only one I'd consider buying at this point is One Piece but I'm not caught up.

Anyway, I guess I collect a few things, Band T-Shirts for one. But also like, cartoon paraphernalia like Gurren Lagann Action Figures/Stupid Gimmicky Powerpuff Girls alarm clocks. I'd collect so much stuff actually if I had the money buuut I don't.

I collect CD's too since I don't really need them to listen to music, I just like supporting the artists and having the album artwork and lyric books and stuff.

I collect cool looking rocks/artifacts. This include fossils, calcified metal, arrow heads, fossils, and whatever you call those trees that turn into rocks... I have all the Naruto books, this didn't start out as a hobby of collecting, it's just that I wanted to read the books and I didn't know you could do it online. Now that I have all the ones that have been released I feel a bit inclined to continue to buy them.
I collect books and dvds in general I guess. StarWars (books and movies) set, Oceans set, Harry Potter set (book), Inheritence (books), Hardy boys.....*ahem* Captain Underpants.
I just remembered I also collect comics. I have the entire Calvin and Hobbes set <3 All of the current Dilbert, and as much of the Farside comics that could be recovered.
I also collect pocket knifes and stuffed pigs. It's odd to say but pigs are my favorite animal and I probably have more stuffed pigs than you could guess. (in a serious manner of guessing)
OOh OOh and the master replica lightsabers. Anikan's saber, Maul's saber, and Windu's saber! (Mace Windu's is the best.)

I collect Sprite bottles and cans, all the different designs, sizes, and also foreign cans and bottles, I've been doing this only for the past 3-4 years, but my collection is getting respectable. Anyways yeah, I fucking love Sprite.

@DarthChake: Ahahaha I'm not a big StarWars fan or anything but even I'd buy those LightSabers! Good fun.

As for pig's... can't say I care for them too much, from LoZ to Tomba to my cousins asshole potbelly, I've learned from a very young age that they're not to be trusted.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I collect the state quarters. Over the years I've gathered quite a few and I'm almost finished with my books. I also collect seeds. I enjoy gardening in my spare time and I like to experiment with different plants in my garden.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I collect Sprite bottles and cans, all the different designs, sizes, and also foreign cans and bottles, I've been doing this only for the past 3-4 years, but my collection is getting respectable. Anyways yeah, I fucking love Sprite.
Alright, TTS, give it up.

@DarthChake: Ahahaha I'm not a big StarWars fan or anything but even I'd buy those LightSabers! Good fun.

As for pig's... can't say I care for them too much, from LoZ to Tomba to my cousins asshole potbelly, I've learned from a very young age that they're not to be trusted.
My pig was brusque until he was..."fixed"...poor lad. He's nice now.

Me and a friend fight with them every time he visits. It's awesome! (Lightsaber loving nerd pov) The Nerf swords are safer to you for the epic fights around the pool. Nerf swords are cheaper too XD I'll fighting with nerf swords and fake lightsabers until I'm eighty, or death...

My pig was brusque until he was..."fixed"...poor lad. He's nice now.

Me and a friend fight with them every time he visits. It's awesome! (Lightsaber loving nerd pov) The Nerf swords are safer to you for the epic fights around the pool. Nerf swords are cheaper too XD I'll fighting with nerf swords and fake lightsabers until I'm eighty, or death...

Darth we all should be fighting with nerf weaponry into death.

The best part is hitting someones thumb, nothing more satisfying than seeing a deformed fingernail at an odd angle revealing what's beneath... :)

I should add, skulls and bones. My current favorites are:

-Coyote
-Black Bear
-Shark Chondrocranium
-Rabbit
-Crow (skeleton is a WIP, will post pics...this fucker may have been desiccated but it still had an eye and some brain)
-'Skull cap' of a deer, with some nice antlers, showing the brain case texture on the roof of the skull

Some of my failures include:

-overbleached coyote
-Overbleached Moose

I'm getting better at ignoring the grossness of soft tissue, you'd think I'd be cool with it after all the dissections I've done. So yeah, I'm pretty much powering through all that shit to get to my beloved bones now!

Edit: I used to collect animal playmobils in the early 90's, back when most of you were still in diapers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)